PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing Minister!

Sweet Susan
03-31-2005, 08:49 PM
In yesterday's Dear Abby, a wife wrote about her husband, a minister who can't get it up for sex unless he wears a neglige to bed. Interesting, I thought. It definitely made for fun conversation around the lunch table, I can tell you that. Evidently he wears bras to church when he gives his sermons and covers up with heavy sweaters. Sound familiar?

JanineSoCal
03-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Sweet Susan,

I don't know exactly what aspect of the story you are asking: "sound familiar?"

My response to the story is rather a total lack of surprise or drama in its content. We know that men (and women, of course) devoted to their faith as ministers, rabbis, priests...whatever, are in no wise insulated from sexual desires and orientations common to us all.

What engenders personal empathy for this man rather than judgement is when I imagine that his started crossdressing at a young age, like most of us. He is also sensitive to the realm of the spirit and pursues faith leading to a level of devotion to his faith that establishes him as a spiritual leader, and unfortunately, an icon of holiness for his flock.

If your "sound familiar?" question bemoans another hypocritical man of faith whose faith does very little to enable him to abstain from sexual behaviors his faith condemns, then I have issue with such judgements.

His spiritual leadership and crossdressing are not "oil and water" denoting hypoocrasy, or an ineffectual faith in my opinion.

Yes, his story sounds familiar many ways including wearing a heavy sweater to cover up a bra worn, but not in relation to his being a crossdressing minister.

Janine

Sweet Susan
04-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Janine,
My "sounds familiar" was in reference to some of us. Many of us have the same desires that he has. I can remember a time when I was not at all thrilled to have sex with a woman I was living with. When I wore one of her negligies to bed, I was excited, and she welcomed it. I was also referring to the wife who is confused. Many of us have wives that don't understand what we are doing. And then again, I was referring to his wife wanting to do the right thing. She didn't want to get him in any trouble. Many of us have wives that don't want to do anything to cause us harm. I could care less if he is a minister that crossdresses. Why would I want to use that against him?

Danielle1960
04-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I aggree with you Susan. If I had an address for this minister I would write him a letter of support. Of course I'm sure he would get a lot of hate mail too. If he is living a moral life then what is Crossdressing got to do with anything.

I think he is very brave in his action.
Danielle

Priscilla1018
04-01-2005, 04:06 PM
I aggree with you Susan. If I had an address for this minister I would write him a letter of support. Of course I'm sure he would get a lot of hate mail too. If he is living a moral life then what is Crossdressing got to do with anything.

I think he is very brave in his action.
Danielle

As long as you harm no one whats the big deal? I too would offer a letter of support,however, I think he would get much more hate mail than good mail.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Sweet Susan
04-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting if Dear Abby received a slew of letters supporting the minister? I had thought about writing and suggesting that the wife tune in to our forum, but I didn't want to be presumptuous. Perhaps, one of our GG friends might like to tackle this subject.

Dominique Melt
04-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Maybe this minister is already a registered member?

Sandra H
04-01-2005, 06:12 PM
We don’t get the program Dear Abby over here in the UK so I do not know what it was all about. But if anyone can contact them to offer support I think they should as if it was one of us who was in the same position I think we would welcome any and all support.

It would help balance all the bad mails they will get.

Tristen Cox
04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Maybe this minister is already a registered member?
<LMAO!> :D