PDA

View Full Version : Let your issues fall off you as you walk

Katrina
10-23-2007, 07:05 PM
I was in yoga yesterday and our instructor typically gives some inspirational imagery to get us in the mood for yoga. She talked about when she imagined her problems just falling off of her as she walked along. Sometimes they needed to be chipped off, but they would fall off none the less.

She had us each imagine ourselves walking along and having our problems fall off of us.

So I sat there on my mat thinking what bothers me and I had a revelation. I saw myself walking along and the guy outside cracked and fell off me, leaving a woman walking along. It was an amazing feeling. I felt so good afterwards. What an experience. I love yoga.

KarenMichelleLuv
10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Katrina,

Very nice imagery solution for stress. I'll be trying this next time out.

christid66
10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
She had us each imagine ourselves walking along and having our problems fall off of us.
Since one of my problems is that I have to wear Male clothing......:heehee:

Staci
10-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Pretty cool. I find being dressed as a girl very relaxing so I would agree with your minds picture. Of course for me I would want the ability to put the guy back on once I got home.

erickka
10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Kat, Never tried yoga, but it sounds pretty cool as to how you can train yourself into a peticular frame of mind. Does it help you to deal with every day issues? How long does it take to really "get it"? I need some kind of meditation for life stress, so would you recommend the yoga?

MarinaTwelve200
10-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Thats a principle to the goal of us "escapist" CD types. We CD to get into another identity/persona Leaving the other behind and have a vacation from ourselves and our personal concerns and also the pressures of "manhood".

It took a "revealation" of sorts for ME to recognize WHY I was CDing, myself.---Many years ago, and my further investigations into identity and escapisim factors in CD have served to confirm my conclusions.

I often tell people who are "confused" about their CDing---the "gay" trannsexual or TG speculations not quite fitting their own feelings, to look into the less obvious and less known "non gender" based CD roots for possibilities. instead of trying to FIND their "true selves", they may be CDing for the exact opposite reasons---to ESCAPE or get away from their "real(male) self."----And THIS has its benifits too.

Kate Simmons
10-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Neat when you can do that Katrina. I'm to the point where problems roll off me like water on a duck's back. What can they do to an old geezer like me anyway? Someone tries to make a problem for me, I miss the point or just plain ignore them. I can do that though and just claim old age. Works for me.;):happy:

christinewis
10-24-2007, 08:08 AM
you amke great sence Kat & Marina. as i sit here with a stress migraine i need to let things roll off my back. christine is my escape from the man's world and i guess i'm ok with that. christine

DeniseNJ
10-24-2007, 08:39 AM
The mind is very complex and I am sure you actually felt something as you sat there in meditation. The vision in your mind of sheding the guy and just a girl left walking probably sent happy thoughts thru your body. I need to try it and see if it works cause this guys is really starting to bother me.

Christie ann
10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
I am going to take a bike ride this afternoon and see if I can get some of these "things" to fall off.

marie354
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM
That's a great way to feel. I shed off my male part 2 months ago and haven't stopped yet.
Everyone should try what you are speaking of. Even if only for a little while, it'll feel great.

Lucypink
10-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Wow, I never had that thought when walking on heals. I will try it next time and maybe yoga too. By the way you look very good in your avatar... Sexy.

bgirl
10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Hello Katrina!
I have been doing yoga for about a year. I am the guy that wears socks to hide my red toes! I also know that I am very much in the feminine mode when I do yoga. I wish I could do Yoga in femme but things might fall off.... er out.....you know what I mean. But Beth is very much in the forefront when I am on the mat. If I didn't live in such a small town, I think I would let my feminine side show a little more. Beth

Katrina
10-24-2007, 05:41 PM
...I have been doing yoga for about a year. I am the guy that wears socks to hide my red toes!...

I think I'm a few classes from showing my piggies all painted. As it is now, I have to take the polish off the night before.