PDA

View Full Version : Little Miss Homemaker

alysonatl
10-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Since I work from home, I've experienced the roles of housewife, soccer mom and "lady of the house." There are time when I turn into June Cleaver and do housework in lipstick, heels and pearls. Or just wear what the other stay-at-home moms wear: female undies, jeans and sweater and some make-up. Who else is into the "domestic goddess" role and has special outfits for cleanup days? I've gotten dressed up when the housecleaners came and was the "lady of the house," but got to talk with them woman-to-woman. Has anyone else been involved in that kind of role playing?

Kris
10-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Since I work from home, I've experienced the roles of housewife, soccer mom and "lady of the house." There are time when I turn into June Cleaver and do housework in lipstick, heels and pearls. Or just wear what the other stay-at-home moms wear: female undies, jeans and sweater and some make-up. Who else is into the "domestic goddess" role and has special outfits for cleanup days? I've gotten dressed up when the housecleaners came and was the "lady of the house," but got to talk with them woman-to-woman. Has anyone else been involved in that kind of role playing?

Of course, I don't take a shower that day, pull my hair back in a pony, and put on clothes are are not weather appropriate but will be cool...So it can be snowing and I am wearing shorts.

:lol2: :lol: I am sure that is not what you are looking for but get a grip. What kind of an egghead dresses up to clean and get dirty?

:heehee: Kris

alysonatl
10-23-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm talking about playing the role of June just for fun, beause sitcom moms influenced by ideas about what it's like to be female.I'm talking about having old female clothes to feel more like a girl doing housework. I like wearing casual outfits as the lady of the house and talk girl talk (like gossip about a neighbor) with the cleaning woman.

Melisa Honey
10-23-2007, 09:00 PM
I live by my self, so when its time to clean up the house I get dressed up. It definitely makes house work more fun.

Kris
10-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm talking about playing the role of June just for fun, beause sitcom moms influenced by ideas about what it's like to be female.I'm talking about having old female clothes to feel more like a girl doing housework. I like wearing casual outfits as the lady of the house and talk girl talk (like gossip about a neighbor) with the cleaning woman.

Alyson,

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have answered you. I just saw you all dressed up to the nines, with a little feather duster squatting to reach things on the floor and thought... you have GOT to be kidding me?!?! I have read posts like that before and I think they are beyond silly. I am silly but that is just dumb! It's just my opinion but most real women get dressed up and say, " Oh darn, I would love to do housework but I am all dressed up.. I guess it will have to wait for another day!!"

Once again, sorry for butting in.
Kris

elnkay
10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
When I worked from home ,I always started my day by getting enfemme and did the chores first.
The outfit would fit my mood at the time. Sometimes jeans and a knit top if the cleaning was more dramatic. But mostly skirt, low heels, and a sweater vest set to feel like the soccer mom. When the chores were done, off to the shower and into proper business attire and makeup for work. Sure made the work more enjoyable and helped with the creativity of a feminine perspective

goofus
10-23-2007, 11:35 PM
I live by my self, so when its time to clean up the house I get dressed up. It definitely makes house work more fun.

Anything to make house work more fun, as I hate it and have the messy apartment to prove it :(

Billijo49504
10-24-2007, 12:05 AM
I think I fit that mold. I do most of the cooking some of the cleaning and a lot of the housework. Also, most days I just throw on my LB jeans and a t shirt, of course w/ a bra and panties. Walk the dog, vacuum the floors and figure out what to have for supper. Oh, I now have a part time job, I'm a sample lady, Opp's!!! Person at on of the grocery stores. What do you think, do I fit the mold of the lady of the house???..BJ
ps. Tonight I have a class for quilting.