PDA

View Full Version : Unintentional Passing Stories...

Syr_SwitchyGQ
10-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Does this happen to you guys ever? You look in the mirror and you know that you don't pass and/or aren't trying to or can't be bothered to get into guy mode or whatever... and then somehow you randomly get taken as a guy? I was thinking about this tonight after a bathroom-related incident (see the meh/wtf thread for further details) and I realized that this happens rather frequently... sadly the reverse happens just about as frequently (I'm in full guy mode and get ma'amed by some idiot) ...but I wondered if this is just my issue and so I started an unintentional passing thread to see if this happens to any of the rest of you.

Okay, I'll start with one that happened last week: I woke up late and not feeling good, so I just threw on my board shorts, a t-shirt and thin hoodie (not even a bra :eek:) and my (pink and purple) glasses to go to the library... and when I asked where the bathroom was, the librarian directed me to the guys.

Ok... funny stories: go.

Cai
10-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Seems like I pass in the bathroom more often than some other places. :heehee: I posted one story in the other passing thread about how (in semi-girl mode cause my mom was there) I got asked if I was in the wrong bathroom.

ZenFrost
10-24-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm too lazy to put on a binder when I'm not planing on being anywhere for a while, so if I wind up running to the store real quick, I often skip the binder (and don't wear a bra because those are uncomfortable) and it's funny how often I get called sir like that. I guess people just don't notice the lumps on my chest.

Xaff
10-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I mostly pass when I am wearing gender neutral clothing. Espacaly when I am wearing a black t-shurt. Then most people asume I am a guy. Even my teachers didn't know what gender I had when I started this schoolyear. Until they knowed my name. :p

I think becose we feel more male than female, that we maybe sending out a message to other people so they think we are guys. Could that be?

John
10-24-2007, 12:38 PM
I really wasn't making any effot at all on monday (I was feeling lousey, I only left the houce cos' I ran out of food), but I got called 'sir' in a shop. Had my girly glasses on and all.

Nicki B
10-24-2007, 01:17 PM
I really wasn't making any effot at all on monday (I was feeling lousey, I only left the houce cos' I ran out of food), but I got called 'sir' in a shop. Had my girly glasses on and all..

:winking:

Kieron Andrew
10-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok... funny stories: go.

Dang it i cant remember any!

Emily Ann Brown
10-26-2007, 02:53 PM
The rule on the fem side is if you act like a woman and are confident then you will pass. I suppose it's a good rule in general. When we give off subtle signals people pick them up. Clothes are just one part of the equation.

Emily Ann

aethen
10-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Hmm...

Well, apparently I passed as a trans guy when I wasn't even trying. Does that count?

:laughing::laughing:

~Mark

Kieron Andrew
10-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Hmm...

Well, apparently I passed as a trans guy when I wasn't even trying. Does that count?

~Mark

and by an MtF too :heehee:

Tristan
10-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Hmm...

~Mark

Don't forget you also passed as a woman at that Italian place hehe

aethen
10-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Don't forget you also passed as a woman at that Italian place hehe

Hey... I didn't pass as a woman. I just didn't pass as a guy as well as you other guys did.

~Mark

Kieron Andrew
10-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey... I didn't pass as a woman. I just didn't pass as a guy as well as you other guys did.

~Mark

Mark has passing issues, too funny :heehee: :lol2:

CaptLex
10-29-2007, 04:42 PM
I didn't even try to pass today - not that I intentionally didn't try, I just kinda . . . forgot about it, I guess. Woke up late, didn't "do" my eyebrows, didn't part my hair, didn't pack, didn't even put on the good binder - just the first one I found, which is the one that's all stretched out. :doh: I even trimmed my goatee so that it's "disconnected" now - the top doesn't connect with the bottom (an effect of watching Pirates 2 so much this weekend, I guess 'cause I kept admiring that look on Will and Capt. Jack ;)).

Anyway, I didn't try to pass today, and I didn't even think about it until I went to the pizzeria at lunchtime with Greg and the guy there called me "mister" - twice! Of course, if I had tried, it probably would have had the opposite result . . . :p

Kieron Andrew
10-29-2007, 04:44 PM
I didn't even try to pass today - not that I intentionally didn't try, I just kinda . . . forgot about it, I guess. Woke up late, didn't "do" my eyebrows, didn't part my hair, didn't pack, didn't even put on the good binder - just the first one I found, which is the one that's all stretched out. :doh: I even trimmed my goatee so that it's "disconnected" now - the top doesn't connect with the bottom (an effect of watching Pirates 2 so much this weekend, I guess 'cause I kept admiring that look on Will and Capt. Jack ;)).

Anyway, I didn't try to pass today, and I didn't even think about it until I went to the pizzeria at lunchtime with Greg and the guy there called me "mister" - twice! Of course, if I had tried, it probably would have had the opposite result . . . :p

This proves that trying too hard and not being our relaxed selves doesnt work lol wtg lex

SirTrey
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Anyway, I didn't try to pass today, and I didn't even think about it until I went to the pizzeria at lunchtime with Greg and the guy there called me "mister" - twice! Of course, if I had tried, it probably would have had the opposite result . . .

That seems to be how it usually goes....Funny how that works, LOL....I remember times that I looked the MOST girly back in the day...and those are the times that people thought I was a crossdresser....Which, in essence I WAS....but they thought I was bio male trying to pass as femme, not trans male trying to pass as femme....What an interesting life we lead as TG/TS's, isn't it? Shows how the inner self does shine through in spite of the packaging, though, doesn't it?? :) **Trey**

Kieron Andrew
10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Shows how the inner self does shine through in spite of the packaging, though, doesn't it?? :) **Trey**

stop quoting my conversation on yahoo Mr!! :p thats exactly what i was saying the other day

SirTrey
10-29-2007, 05:04 PM
stop quoting my conversation on yahoo Mr!! thats exactly what i was saying the other day

Dude....All I can tell you is that I knew that the first time I was directed to the dressing room of a drag show at a gay bar.....They didn't even ask Me if I was in the show....Just said, "The dressing room is through those doors"....and the time I was shopping in WalMart and heard a girl ask her friend, "Is that man or a woman?" I have had lots of things happen to Me like that...so I guess SOMETHING was showing through...LOL

Leo Lane
10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Young men: Hans! Hey, Hans!

Thinking they can't mean me, I ignore them for a while. Finally I turn around.

Young men: Oh, you're not Hans. Sorry, dude.

Yesss!

crazy4cheezeits
11-01-2007, 09:23 PM
I love when that happens.

I was hanging out in the GLBT resource center at college, where I hang out all the time. And a fairly good friend of mine, who also hangs out there all the time, comes in.

And he starts staring at me awkwardly for a long time, before he was finally like "oh my god, I thought you were a hot gay guy, I had no idea it was you". It was right after I made the transition from shorts to pants and apparently I look a lot different in jeans than cargo shorts?!

bi_weird
11-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Well it's not much, but I definitely got a double take when I walked into the girls room right after someone else yesterday. I was in as boyish clothes as I tend to get, but that still leaves me far from passing, and she gave me this hilarious "Are you sure you belong?" look. I almost cracked up laughing when I saw it.

boi_0h
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
it happens to me all the time, especially at work, or when i go shopping, unfortunately this happened at gamestop this weekend when i was trying to buy GTA for my gameboy color and apparently the guy who worked there thought i was a 12 year old boy, i suppose passing as an adolescent male is better than as a 20 year old female though. :D

Abraxas
11-08-2007, 03:01 AM
I had to go to the OBGYN clinic today to get my depo provera shot (I don't have a GP at the moment, otherwise I'd just go to the regular doctor). Anyway, my mum came with me, and I signed in, and was called to the front to re-verify my information. The receptionist said something like 'we just need to verify that her information is still the same. Could you send her up here to check this form?' And then, of course, the crap bit where I had to respond, 'yeah, uh, that's me.'
She looked a bit stunned for a moment...

(oh, and then the inexperienced nurse injected the stuff too high up and it still hurts... It's called intra-muscular injection for a reason-- inject it into the muscle, not the back of my freaking pelvis where there isn't any (she got me like right where the waistband of my jeans sits)! Luckily, she didn't hit bone-- I would've had a thing or two to say about that! Jeez, some people...) :heehee:

CaptLex
11-08-2007, 12:17 PM
IAnd then, of course, the crap bit where I had to respond, 'yeah, uh, that's me.' She looked a bit stunned for a moment...
Haha, sorry I missed that Benny! :lol2: I love that look! :heehee: