PDA

View Full Version : Percentage of Males that CD

JoAnnDallas
10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
I have seen many posts about what the percentage of men that are CDer's or wear fem clothing or items and it got me thinking. I remember an article I read about male High School students. It talked about how the male students in many schools were now wearing fem jeans and tops, wearing fem earrings and jewlery, and using fem cosmetics on their faces. Thus the term "MetroSexual". If you include these males, I bet the percentage of males that wearing some form of fem clothing or fem item is a lot higher than you may think. The article also said that as time goes on, teenage fashions has a tendency to migrate to college fashion, then into Adult fashions and becomes mainstream.
Can you remember when only women or Gays to a spa, hair salon or nail salon? Now everyone goes to them, they are mainstream.
Also on Saturday while watch the "Today Show", they were talking about purses and the host Lester Holt said that he carries so many things each day that he too carries a purse.

Marla S
10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
I am not quite sure what your point is.

I do hope you are right though.

Concerning the nonsense term metrosexual, just today I tried to figure out what it actually means.
Found some forum discussions with the baseline: "Metrosexuals" are considered gay too, and there is a lot of evil gay bashing going on. I really was shocked by some of the posts.

I do hope those blockheads become the minority someday, but I can't see it.
Looking around here I can't see either that "metrosexuals" are very widespread among the youth. Havn't seen one yet.

Kayletta Jade
10-24-2007, 02:28 PM
me·tro·sex·ual [ mèttrō sékshoo əl ] (plural me·tro·sex·uals) noun

Definition:
young straight stylish urban man: a young, straight, sensitive urban man who is unashamed to enjoy good clothes, stylish living, the art of decorating, and improving his personal appearance ( informal )

The above is the definition according to the MSN encarta dictionary.

What I don't really understand is what the big deal is with needing to label things? If forced to wear a button up dress shirt (yes forced) I'll wear a male version due to my body type. No one blinks an eye if women wear male clothes. Pretty much every girl I knew in highschool had worn her boyfriends shirts, boxers, etc and no one ever thought it unusual. So why should it be any different for the guys to wear the female style clothes? It really should just come down to what a person is comfortable in, provided they cover all parts that should be covered ^_^

Marla S
10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
me·tro·sex·ual [ mèttrō sékshoo əl ] (plural me·tro·sex·uals) noun

Definition:
young straight stylish urban man: a young, straight, sensitive urban man who is unashamed to enjoy good clothes, stylish living, the art of decorating, and improving his personal appearance ( informal )

The above is the definition according to the MSN encarta dictionary.

I mean ... heck ... are men really such a rotten, stinky crowd that it needs a "sexualized" label and an entry in an encyclopedia if man cares for his appearance ?
And when he does, he is considered gay ? It really looks like. Weird world. I do have to wonder.:eek:

marie354
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I never could understand why people have to label everyone into some sort of catagory or stereotype. I'm just me after all... Always have been... Always will.
Just because I live and dress like a woman shouldn't make any difference. Should it?
Keep the labels. I'm just me.

Kayletta Jade
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I mean ... heck ... are men really such a rotten, stinky crowd that it needs a "sexualized" label and an entry in an encyclopedia if man cares for his appearance ?
And when he does, he is considered gay ? It really looks like. Weird world. I do have to wonder.:eek:

Insecurities are much easier to deal with when you can share the misery. Hence the stereotyping. Most of the people I have known that bash on others for lifestyle, choices, etc are the most insecure people there are. They use the bashing and stereotying to cover up their own lack of confidence. Misery loves company.

Patti Girl
10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
What I don't really understand is what the big deal is with needing to label things? If forced to wear a button up dress shirt (yes forced) I'll wear a male version due to my body type. No one blinks an eye if women wear male clothes. Pretty much every girl I knew in highschool had worn her boyfriends shirts, boxers, etc and no one ever thought it unusual. So why should it be any different for the guys to wear the female style clothes? It really should just come down to what a person is comfortable in, provided they cover all parts that should be covered ^_^

Kayletta,

While I agree with you, I'm old enough to remember when women wearing men's clothing was unacceptable. If women wore jeans, they had to have the zippers on the side.

I do think it will change over time. As pointed out, men already are doing some femme things (earings, hair styling, non boxer shorts, etc.) Of course here in the Heartland, everything arrives a century later (which is good for some things, bad for others, LOL).

As for what percentage of men wear or wish to wear panties (or other femme clothes), I tend to agree that it's a lot higher than most people suspect. It absolutely amazes me how many members are in some of the yahoo CD or feminization groups. They don't write much, but there is a surprising number who show enough interest to join.

Patty

sterling12
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
For Metro Guys, it's not a purse. It's a Man-Bag! Yes, I know it's a matter of semantics, but you would get that same kind of reaction from The Metrosexual's about everything. "Heck no, I'm not like those transvestites." "I only wear approved male makeup that says right on the box....it's for guys!"

I agree we shouldn't try and pigeonhole people with labels, but "The World," seems to think we should actually use more and more of them. We have groups divided into sub-groups, who in turn get further delineated into micro-groups.

When we consider the "TG Spectrum," instead of accepting that we are all, "in the same boat." You will get all sorts of people that want to label and divide us.

Couldn't be much different, if we now try and add the new "sensitive," Urban Male to our ranks. I will go with that figure of 5%-6% and leave it at that. If people want to include themselves in our group, that's cool! If they don't, that's OK too. "Whom," is in The TG Spectrum today, I'm not really sure of. Whom is going to be included tomorrow......who knows?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Scotty
10-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Man-bag LOL...I have a man-bag, or purse as eveyrone at work calls it.
I don't know how you can get by with out one!
I carry my cell phone, pens, eye drops, mail, whatever else I need in it!!

Makes me wonder if somewhere down the road the human race will become one sex...that'd be interesting.

But for now I wish we could all wear whatever we wanted...

Patti Girl
10-24-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree we shouldn't try and pigeonhole people with labels, but "The World," seems to think we should actually use more and more of them. We have groups divided into sub-groups, who in turn get further delineated into micro-groups.

When we consider the "TG Spectrum," instead of accepting that we are all, "in the same boat." You will get all sorts of people that want to label and divide us.
Peace and Love, Joanie

Joanie,

While I agree that labels can be counter productive, they also help us understand where people are coming from and the comments they make. For example, knowing that someone was a transisioning transexual I would expect their viewpoints and comments to be less relevant to me than comments from someone more like myself (who feels "inbetween" but no plans to transition).

Of course, things can get out of hand with too many categories, especially when they are not widely understood.

Patti

trannie T
10-24-2007, 06:38 PM
How do we define "Crossdresser?" It the term were to include those who go to spas or carry a 'man purse' there would be a lot of us. If we define the term to mean those that have an inner need to wear women's clothing our numbers would be fairly small.

Sharon
10-24-2007, 07:38 PM
How do we define "Crossdresser?" It the term were to include those who go to spas or carry a 'man purse' there would be a lot of us. If we define the term to mean those that have an inner need to wear women's clothing our numbers would be fairly small.

Congratulations, you win the prize!!!

Wearing a garment does not make one a crossdresser. It's why you do it that matters. And there are also a lot of transvestites who never even wear anything associated with the other gender, due to fear, and what have you.

Chiana
10-24-2007, 11:39 PM
What percentage of men are crossdressers??????

I know that in terms defined by medical science it is a fairly small percentage. But I wonder how many "men" would wear womens clothes if they thought there would be no retribution from doing it. An incident that happened when I was in high school made me think about this. I had taken a date to a private party which was attended by about 15 or 20 couples. My date had worn a really very pretty fur coat to the party. When we got ready to leave, I went to retrieve her coat from the back bedroom where everyone's coats had been placed. When I entered the room, about 6 or 8 of the guys were in there and they were taking turns trying on her coat. They were practically squabbling over who could try it on next. Were all of these guys crossdressers. Or crossdresser wannabe's? Or is this just "normal" adolescent behavior?

Are guys who wear "metrosexual" items really crossdressers who are pushing their own envelope? Maybe there are more of us out there than we know.

docrobbysherry
10-24-2007, 11:54 PM
I have seen many posts about what the percentage of men that are CDer's or wear fem clothing or items and it got me thinking. I remember an article I read about male High School students. It talked about how the male students in many schools were now wearing fem jeans and tops, wearing fem earrings and jewlery, and using fem cosmetics on their faces. Thus the term "MetroSexual". If you include these males, I bet the percentage of males that wearing some form of fem clothing or fem item is a lot higher than you may think. The article also said that as time goes on, teenage fashions has a tendency to migrate to college fashion, then into Adult fashions and becomes mainstream.
Can you remember when only women or Gays to a spa, hair salon or nail salon? Now everyone goes to them, they are mainstream.
Also on Saturday while watch the "Today Show", they were talking about purses and the host Lester Holt said that he carries so many things each day that he too carries a purse.

I am unsure that young men wearing earings, etc. is a sign of CDing. It may be more of a fad. They do it, because all their buds do it. Like piercings, tatoos and gang style clothing. And u r rite JoAnn. These fads seem to move on up in age as the kids age, and/or older folks try to be COOL and copy the kid's styles. How many of these young men r actually CDers, and how many r just being cool? How can u tell the difference?
RS

Nicki B
10-25-2007, 04:46 AM
I have seen many posts about what the percentage of men that are CDer's or wear fem clothing or items and it got me thinking. I remember an article I read about male High School students. It talked about how the male students in many schools were now wearing fem jeans and tops, wearing fem earrings and jewlery, and using fem cosmetics on their faces. Thus the term "MetroSexual". If you include these males, I bet the percentage of males that wearing some form of fem clothing or fem item is a lot higher than you may think.

I'm not totally sure what your point is - they aren't trying to be the opposite gender?

Surely 'cross-dresser' is not what one is, it's what one does - it's only a symptom of an underlying reason? :strugglin

The question is, why do you have a need to make yourself femme, in whatever way.. Is it, in fact, you that you see?

If it is something stylised or stereotypical - why? Is it perhaps because you don't believe you can be properly feminine yourself??

JoAnnDallas
10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Nicky B wrote

I'm not totally sure what your point is - they aren't trying to be the opposite gender?

I have heard people say "He wears women clothing, so he must be a CD". Well a lot of "MetroSexual" males wear women clothing, so by this Definition they are CDers. Case in point. On weekends I wear T-shirts and Shorts. My older sister that does not know I am a CD once asked my wife who does know if I was a CDer. She asked my sister why said that. My sister said that the clothing I wear on weekends looks like womans clothing. My weekend clothing is Ladies Hanes T-shirts and matching shorts, but my sister does not know that.
MetroSexual people may not be CDers, but I bet a lot of normal people will think they are.

Here is another interesting point. Some Researches are now saying that due to all the Pharmaceutical products in food, soil, and water that the difference between men and woman are slowly merging. In fact the percentage of "Inter-Sex" people has climbed over the last two decades.

Nicki B
10-25-2007, 09:48 AM
In fact the percentage of "Inter-Sex" people has climbed over the last two decades.

I'm not sure there are more trans or intersex people out there - I do think though it's become easier to discuss it; and to find others like you?

Surely it's only been possible for about two decades to test genes to look for intersex conditions - and more are being discovered? Plus very few people are tested, so the real levels of IS is unknown?

I know two people who went to Thailand for Reassignment Surgery who were told that, during the surgery, they were found to have ovaries? I know two others who know they are XXY (Klinefelter's Syndrome). They have both yo-yo'ed back and forth across the male-female dividing line.

Butterfly Bill
10-25-2007, 10:58 AM
But I wonder how many "men" would wear womens clothes if they thought there would be no retribution from doing it.

Within the subcultures of the Rainbow Gathering and the former Grateful Dead and now bands like Phish concerts, many men take the opportunity to wear skirts, I'd guess as many as a quarter of the total do it at least part of the time. You might get an idea by remembering how many men let their hair grow long in the early days of Beatles and hippies.

Sharon
10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Within the subcultures of the Rainbow Gathering and the former Grateful Dead and now bands like Phish concerts, many men take the opportunity to wear skirts, I'd guess as many as a quarter of the total do it at least part of the time. You might get an idea by remembering how many men let their hair grow long in the early days of Beatles and hippies.

Yeah, but how many do it as a need or just to make a statement? There's a difference.

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-25-2007, 11:39 AM
I think there are many men who wish to cross dress but can't because they are fearful of admitting it or are in family circumstances that don't permit it.

Marla S
10-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, but how many do it as a need or just to make a statement? There's a difference.
There is no need to make a statement, if there is no need to do it.
If we talk about a gender spectrum there has to be more than men, current definition of TG, and women.
This spectrum is distorted by social pressure. I guess for a lot the social pressure will determine their "non-statements". For folks like us the need to make a statement is stronger than the social pressure (not always so ... purging, closet ... different personalities etc.). Rock stars do escape this social pressure to a good part, because they raise their social status by other means ... their music ... they are less assailable. Hence it is more easy for them to make a statement.

Patti Girl
10-25-2007, 12:22 PM
I am unsure that young men wearing earings, etc. is a sign of CDing. It may be more of a fad. They do it, because all their buds do it. Like piercings, tatoos and gang style clothing. And u r rite JoAnn. These fads seem to move on up in age as the kids age, and/or older folks try to be COOL and copy the kid's styles. How many of these young men r actually CDers, and how many r just being cool? How can u tell the difference?
RS

I think some of the differences are disappearing. It used to be (50-70 years ago), that women wore dresses, had long hair, wore jewelry; men wore pants, had short hair, did not wear jewelry. Today, women wear pants most of the time, many have shorter hair. Men wear jewelry and have longer hair. Heck, any kids today with short hair like I had as a kid (buzz cut), would be considered radical, LOL.

As a newby here, I'm confused (please don't yell at me!) What is considered a CDer here in the forum? I saw a statement the other day that a transvestite wouldn't consider wearing a skirt. Huh?

Myself, I like to dress feminine although I am not passable and don't try to be. I feel I'm "somewhere inbetween". My wife tells me that she's always seen me as somewhat feminine and others in her family have commented similarly. I don't really understand my feelings or why I want to dress feminine, but I've been doing it 95% of the time at home for the past year (and less consistently before that) so it's definitely not "something new and exciting" nor is it sexual. When out in public, I'm always wearing panties and usually a flat bra and small earrings.

In my way of thinking, I do crossdress, but I'm somewhat beyond just a simple crossdresser. But again, I ask what is the definition of "crossdresser" as used in these forums?

Patti