PDA

View Full Version : Traveling and Clothes

Sugar01
10-24-2007, 09:40 PM
How do you handle traveling on airlines with your femme clothes, wigs, etc? I may be visiting some friends (some of whom I met here :happy:), and I want to see what's best. I wouldn't be dressed while traveling. I'm just concerned about the luggage.

I'd be a bit queasy if my suitcase was the victim of a random search. Sure I can say it's my wife's bag, but having a wig or two might make that seem unlikely.

Does anyone ship ahead to the location you're going to? I know you can ship from one UPS location to another and pick it up there. That sounds more agreeable to me. Or I can simply just buy new stuff at the location I'm at, but that's not very productive.

Thoughts?

Kim_Bitzflick
10-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Just admit that you are a CD. The one thing you don't want to do is lie or act suspicious. There's nothing wrong or illegal about carring your things on a plane. Just stay with in the guidlines they give & you should have no problem. I just traveled with my forms, make up, etc. in a carry on bag and never got a second look or question.

jennifer41356
10-24-2007, 10:21 PM
I never have had any trouble and I have been to japan 3 times with girls things:D

jaina
10-24-2007, 11:07 PM
You put any clothes your not wearing in your luggage.
Simple as that.

Don't worry about a ramdon search. It will get x-rayed.

monique_mix
10-24-2007, 11:22 PM
i was wondering the same thing, i may travel for the weekend to see some friends, but i want to take with me some girl clothes, i started to think that i may give up, but looks like you're right, i must not worry more than if i just had my "normal" clothes...

WendyCD5
10-24-2007, 11:27 PM
I've traveled several times with my femme clothes and accessories in my luggage (including breast forms). The only caution I would advice is to make sure your forms are properly packed, I have a special carry case for mine. I would hate for them to be damaged en route. as for makeup, I pack that in my checked baggage too. I'm not as concerned about makeup getting damaged, they sell that everywhere.

I have never traveled out of the country with my femme clothes, but my experience traveling abroad is that you are more likely to get your luggage searched coming back into the US than anywhere else. So as long as you aren't carrying anything illegal, don't worry about it. If the customs man sees your femme stuff, just smile and say nothing unless asked! This is important! DO NOT volunteer any information to the custom's man. When returning to this country, I have always felt like a criminal and as the saying goes, "You have the right to remain silent". Exercise that right and do not speak unless spoken to.

Lisa Renee
10-24-2007, 11:47 PM
I flew to SC last spring. And the only drab clothes I had were the ones I wore on the plane. All my fem stuff was in my checked luggage. They really don't know if the luggage belongs to a man or a woman, its just a name.

Sugar01
10-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Thanks all! :happy:

Michelle (Oz)
10-25-2007, 03:14 AM
I've flown many many times with a bag full of my female clothes; oh and one change of business shirt. Contents include forms, padding, etc,etc. Never an issue but if you are concerned wear the clothes which is a whole heap of fun.

I have had overflow things on carry on baggage which has been searched at security. Last week I had my bag searched because of lots of loose change with nail polish, lipstick and some shoes on display. Oh well ... there isn't much one can do in situations like that other than let it happen but the world didn't end.

Michelle (Oz)

Sugar01
10-25-2007, 04:05 AM
I've traveled several times with my femme clothes and accessories in my luggage (including breast forms).

I could see where breast forms in your carry-on might warrant extra attention. I'd think they're similar in composition to plastic explosive material (C4). Not being paranoid, just thinking what might set them off for a manual search.

krisla
10-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Sugar

No one really cares, they are looking for explosives and weapons. I always just check my bag and pick it up. I don't know if it's ever been searched but I'll never see them and they will never see me. I was selected for a random search of my carry on once, and I remember I had two crossdressing books in my backpack. The TSA officer took everything out including the books with he flipped through and just said thank you and have a nice day. I don't think he even knew the subjects of the books.

Just have fun on your trip

Krisla

Dana Carlton
10-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Just admit that you are a CD. The one thing you don't want to do is lie or act suspicious. There's nothing wrong or illegal about carring your things on a plane. Just stay with in the guidlines they give & you should have no problem. I just traveled with my forms, make up, etc. in a carry on bag and never got a second look or question.

Not sure I would just openly admit that I was a CD. But I do agree that honesty is the best policy. Since I travel alot on business, I usually bring my femme items. Hotel rooms get boring at night, and sometimes I'll find a cd friendly place. I've had my bags checked a couple of times. Normally, they will take you and your bag over to a place away from the scanners and the line. So it's not like everyone is just standing there waiting and watching them check your luggage. Only once did TSA say something. He asked "Are you traveling with someone?" I just smiled and said "No, traveling alone". That was it, end of story. Sure, you'll get that smirky, what a weirdo, half-smile look from Security. But then again, who knows, he might be a crossdresser too!

Angie G
10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Just pack it And take it with you they don't know you if they look in the bag tell them you dress and be on your way hun :hugs:
Angie

Jocee
10-25-2007, 09:16 AM
I've travelled the world with no problems and even had my checked bags searched. One caution however, I did have a pair of forms "explode" so to speak. They were rather old and not very expensive, however I am assuming that the cold and pressure of the cargo hold caused the problem......

Happy travels.....

Suzy Harrison
10-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Just put any sensitive clothes and items into the hold luggage as that isn't searched. It the only hand luggage they are intrested in. The luggage going into the hold is sometimes x-rayed and sometimes searched without your knowledge - but thats okay

SANDRA MICHELLE
10-25-2007, 10:12 AM
They don't care what clothes you are wearing or carrying, they only care about safety issues. I guess it would be a bit embarrasing if they opened your bag and held up your breast forms and asked aloud "what are these"? I doubt that they would do that so quit worrying. They say that 99.9% of what you worry about never happens and the other .1% you really can't do anything about so quit worrying!
I have brought fem clothes on every trip that I have ever gone on and I never have had any problems. I did get a little red in the face one year when I was shopping at a K-Mart and they called over the load speaker for a price check on a matching panty and bra set I was purchasing, who really cares though!

Sharon
10-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Worse comes to worse, they don't know you and you don't know them, and chances are that you'll never see one another again. Relax and just remember to keep liquid containers at 3 oz or less. That will draw more attention than any clothing will.

Brenda's Friend
10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Don't put jewelry in the checked baggage, especially if you go over seas. My daughter was in Mexico and she put a necklass in her suitcase, the necklass never made it back to the US.

BF

Liz Pepper
10-25-2007, 11:18 AM
I recently flew to Las Vegas. When I arrived at my hotel, and unpacked, I found a TSA card that said my luggage had been searched. I think it is standard for TSA to leave a card saying the luggage was searched. My carry on was also searched, but my femme things were in my checked baggage. Maybe my luggage was searched because I was very close to the 50lb limit on checked baggage. I guess my forms are very heavy, and the added weight of them brought me close to the 50 lb. limit.

Jaydee
10-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Sugar,
I travel regularly both domestically and internationally. Don't worry. Pack what you want to take. Checked bags are normally just x-rayed. When searched by TSA, they are looking for dangerous items. No one can tell(or care) whether you are travelling alone or with your wife. When I really do travel with my wife, it seems my bag has half of her stuff anyway. Same goes for hand carrybags. If asked, I would just say she left the day before. In reality no one cares. Just please leave the C4 and machete at home.

Jaydee

bridget thronton
10-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Neither TSA nor the Canadien Customs have made any comments about the female clothing in my suitcase during live and in person searches (and these searches only happened a couple of times)

joann07
10-25-2007, 12:24 PM
If you check-in your baggage, then you won't have any issues.
I recently flew in femme and I packed all my things (some male clothes, shoes, extra wig, extra purse, bras, panties, pantyhose, clothes, make up, jewelry, lotions, etc.), including the kitchen sink :p, in my suitcase and everything went through without a hitch so take from me, you'll be ok.
Even if the TSA folks were to search your suitcase, they wouldn't know it was your. As long as you're not packing anything explosive you've got nothing to worry about.
On the TSA website (http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm), it lists things that are permitted and not permitted to bring on board, but you can still check them in your baggage.

Hugs!

Patti Girl
10-25-2007, 12:36 PM
When returning to this country, I have always felt like a criminal and as the saying goes, "You have the right to remain silent". Exercise that right and do not speak unless spoken to.

Isn't that the truth!

One word of warning: don't wear an underwire bra! There was a recent news story where they forced a GG to take it off at the checkpoint, they wouldn't even let her go to a private room! Her husband held up his coat to shield her.

I will be nice and refrain from stating what I think about these people.:sad:

Patti

Pamela75s
10-25-2007, 08:51 PM
I too have traveled alot and would place my femm things in my suit cases that I would check. Sometimes no problems, other times there would be acard that it was a random search, and nothing was hurt or missing. I have never given it a second thought about taking anything when I traveled.
Pamela

TxKimberly
10-25-2007, 09:15 PM
How do you handle traveling on airlines with your femme clothes, wigs, etc? I may be visiting some friends (some of whom I met here :happy:), and I want to see what's best. I wouldn't be dressed while traveling. I'm just concerned about the luggage.

I'd be a bit queasy if my suitcase was the victim of a random search. Sure I can say it's my wife's bag, but having a wig or two might make that seem unlikely.

Does anyone ship ahead to the location you're going to? I know you can ship from one UPS location to another and pick it up there. That sounds more agreeable to me. Or I can simply just buy new stuff at the location I'm at, but that's not very productive.

Thoughts?

Don't be silly,

Just put it in your checked bag and then you don't have to worry about it being inspected. If they inspect your checked bag they don't know who you are, they don't know (or care) if it belongs to a male or female, and it's inspected some place a long way from you so you don't have to worry about what those around you might see exposed if they open it.
Check it and then relax as you go through security.
Oh, a little trick I use to keep my hair from getting destroyed. I have a tupperware style container about 6 X 8 X 2 inches that I carry my hair in. It still may need some work when you get there but at least it's not destroyed.

Good luck!

Deanna2
10-28-2007, 06:32 AM
I travel o/s several times a year and carry femme gear, particularly on the way home after shopping. Never had a problem. I guess if I did I would just flash my wedding ring and mumble something about all the blessed gifts for my family keeping me broke.

JaytoJillian
10-28-2007, 06:50 AM
Sugar

No one really cares, they are looking for explosives and weapons. I always just check my bag and pick it up. I don't know if it's ever been searched but I'll never see them and they will never see me. I was selected for a random search of my carry on once, and I remember I had two crossdressing books in my backpack. The TSA officer took everything out including the books with he flipped through and just said thank you and have a nice day. I don't think he even knew the subjects of the books.

Just have fun on your trip

Krisla

Ditto on the weapons and explosives... my stuff has been searched twice (TSA has to leave a notice in your bag when they open it). I guess the size 14 pumps seen via x-ray are too hard to resist! LoL.

Eugenie
10-28-2007, 05:25 PM
I've never had any problem travelling with my women clothes packed in my suitbag. And I travel a lot by plane.

In fact the people who might have to open your bags are security officers or customs officers. The first ones dont care at all. The second ones dont care either, unless you bought expensive clothes abroad and are coming back to the USA, then they might give you a hard time, not because these are women clothes but because you didn't declare them...

I've had my hand luggage oppened while I was having my women clothes and underwear in it. No reaction what so ever.

I now put my women clothes and make up in a suitbag that I check in becaud with the new security rules one is not allowed to carry more than a few beauty items... Carrying both my male products and female products would be over the authorized limit...

However, even if there is no problem with security and customs employees openning your bags, if you're traveling with your S/O and if she isn't in the confidence of your X-dressing, you may be in trouble...

But you wouldn't carry women clothes when you are travelling with your S/O in that case, would you?

Boy, another reason why I'm glad my S/O knows about my X-dressing... :heehee:

Eugenie

gabe
10-29-2007, 12:38 AM
I travel a lot by plane, never have any trouble. Keep in mind you are not breaking any law, if they ask just tell them they are your items, you really do not owe them an explanation.

Sheri 4242
10-29-2007, 01:16 AM

Don't let it worry you in the least!!!!!!! TSA could care less if you have women's clothing, makeup, or whatever just as long as it isn't illegal stuff!!!

Does anyone ship ahead to the location you're going to? I know you can ship from one UPS location to another and pick it up there. That sounds more agreeable to me.

I did that once when my wife and I were doing our "wedding" out in Las Vegas earlier this year -- but only b/c it made my life easier. I traveled with my normal carry-on and checked luggage (which did, indeed, have some of my femme clothing, shoes, and makeup). (NOTE: it technically was a "vow renewal" service since we were already married, but same idea.) I shipped my wedding gown and accessories. It was just too much to check on the airliner, so I shipped ahead and the boxes had already been put in my hotel room the day we checked in!

I recently flew to Las Vegas. When I arrived at my hotel, and unpacked, I found a TSA card that said my luggage had been searched. I think it is standard for TSA to leave a card saying the luggage was searched.

Yep -- it is SOP for TSA to leave a card if they pick one of your checked bags for a random search. No big deal!!!

Keep in mind you are not breaking any law, if they ask just tell them they are your items, you really do not owe them an explanation.

And we have a BINGO!!! You are not breaking the law by having these items in your luggage -- and in fact, regarding the sister who said a TSA agent asked if the clothes were for her, well the asking of that question was out of line!!! I'd just have said, "gee wiz -- I can't remember if that nightie (bra, skirt, whatever) is mine or my wifes." (If I would have responded at all!!!)

IRONICALLY, Las Vegas is the only place I have ever felt "targeted" by TSA. I've flown out and back three times this year. On going through ticketing, one of the TSA agents seemed upset that I was wearing earrings -- and low and behold I got "extra scrutiny" before I could proceed. My next two flights (going and coming) I wore the exact same clothing and jewelry, and gee -- NO other unexplained intrusions. You just gotta grin and be in control of yourself b/c you aren't breaking the law!!!