PDA

View Full Version : Secret Life of a CD

Nikki A.
04-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Due to circumstances beyond my control I've been unable to dress and it has been driving me crazy. My kids don't know about my hobby so I can only dress while they are in school and it is my day off. I've told my wife that I need some time for myself and she says that she understands but she still schedules things for my day off. It seems that we always have things to do and it doesn't seem to end. There are times when I wish I could come out to them so that I could do it more often but I'm not sure on how they would deal with it. My son is 15 and my daughter is 13, They've seen me dressed on Halloween but I know that the days of them trick or treating are almost over.
I enjoy dressing up, it has a calming effect and it feels so right. I don't know what kind of answer I am looking for but I needed to vent.

celeste26
04-01-2005, 01:27 AM
You can always do the hotel room thing and get out of the house altogether, that way your wive cannot give you assignments. But that increases the cost and can make the wife very suspicious. If your wife is aware of your situation she maybe just defending her preconceptions and trying to sabotage your days off. Be clear with her and tell her just exactly what you want to do on your day off. If she still resists then she may need to get out of the house herself (because she cant face you while you dress up) Honesty is so much easier than hiding isn't it?

My wife has never "co-operated" with my dressing but I found I could still find the time rarely.

Clear the air and find out just where she is coming from about these days off.

Good luck

Sweet Susan
04-01-2005, 01:27 AM
I'd be very careful about telling my children. On the other hand, you might tell your wife why you want to have some time for yourself. Does your wife control you? If she does, I can understand why you might find it difficult to dress when you want. If she doesn't control you, then maybe you ought to just dress and not do some of the things she schedules for you. Do you have what you need? If so, go for it. Celeste is right. Honesty is the best way. How old are you?

Danielle1960
04-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Your wife is probably giving your motivations that are intended to move you away from Cding. Althought she says she understands, there are probably alot of concern in her mind about where this will lead. In my case the wife just says it is her or cding. A rather selfish attitude considering 20years of marrage. However, I've moved my focus to allow me not to stress over not routinely dressing. Is she controlling? Yes. Do I understand? Yes. One of most desiring aspect of femininity is the nurturing and understanding we want and for me I've decided for the time to develope this aspect of my female persona.

Hope you find a happy medium but remember to to keep family as your number one priority as it is the most important job you'll ever have. Children are exposed to multi cultural stuff and even though they don't know about Danielle, I don't fear the conversation and encourage them to ask question about these sort of things.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Danielle :)

arula
04-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Working midnights has worked out for me, living a duo life.

Tristen Cox
04-01-2005, 09:52 AM
You do need some you time definitly, but your situation is pretty narrow. My only solution would be to say you have some where you have to be and take a day to yourself at that time to do your dressing(don't get busted). Otherwise just try to be patient. I know easier said than done but it will come. Hang in there.

Love
T

Wendy me
04-01-2005, 04:06 PM
when you can't fully dress try undre dressing something fem .and fab. under you drabs...........my not be it all but it just could be the "fix" you need ,want............

Cathy
04-01-2005, 06:35 PM
I want to caution you on telling your children. The biggest regret I have is telling my two daughters. They were 18 and 19 when I told them. They seemed to take it well but I have overheard them talking to my wife years back now and now I know they were not happy to hear about me. Thinking back on it I wonder what I thought telling them would accomplish. There was no benefit for them only me. I was selfish and only thinking of myself. Just my 2 cents. Just think before talking.

Gertrude
04-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi Searching,

I know exactly how you feel, 'cause I have the same problem. Never seem to be on my own. Love my wife, family, friends & neighbours to bits, however sometimes...

Hugs

Gertie.