PDA

View Full Version : Comfort

Vivian Best
10-25-2007, 10:01 AM
I find it interesting that my wife does not like or even hates to wear things that I would love to wear all the time it it were possible. She has said many times, "I can't understand why you would want to wear a bra or hose!" She says they are uncomfortable and hot.

There is a saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side", may be the case here. If I were a GG I might feel the same way. Also, as is with most things, you want what your don't have.

Any GGs out there that feel the same way my wife does?

JoanFlores
10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Yes, my wife is the same way, she does not like super sexy things, and I do.

LynnInDenver
10-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I know a GG who owns only one or two more skirts/dresses than I do, and I've only got 4 total that aren't costume related.

Of course, she's also a tomboy by admission. :tongueout

MustangGirl
10-25-2007, 12:59 PM
I have seen it both ways. I know several GG that are like your wife, in fact one is my wife. She hates to wear hose and a bra, and does not like skirts/dresses. On the other hand she puts on full make up every day, don't matter if she has to go to work or not. I used to be friends with a GG that wore sexy stuff every day, and always had on short skirts, and thigh highs or garter belt and stockings. She had a underware drawer to die for.

Lucypink
10-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes My wife is the same, but you know GG do not need to look more girly than they are, so why bother. For Instance, I as a man I try to look good, but confortable too, never with tight shirts or pants that for some is sexy, so maybe it applies to them too. And for the skirts and dresses she has some that I wear more often than she does, Lucky me.

Wendy me
10-25-2007, 01:14 PM
your choice as a CD (mtf) to what a gg (not all) might like to wear might differ as we would like to dress and wear some things that some GG'S don't like....

and the ftm's .. the "GUY'S" might not get that they like ties and we GM'S don't like to wear them .....we might inspire to be like the gender we want to dress like but not all in the gender we inspire to dress like would have the same taste in what to wear............

LoriNC
10-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes my wife goes on & on about if you had the pms & the stockings rubbing you leg raw & that dang under wire pokeing you in the boob all day you would change your mind. I usely laugh & say something stupid (doh) like I dont want or have all the right parts for all that.:tongueout (you got to understand that we pick like this all the time all in good fun) (I know she going to read this 1 so ill duck and say i love you hundred times later:love:)
About the grass being greener maybe for some but not for all Wendy said it pretty well I think.

Love & Happiness
Lori

Eugenie
10-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I find it interesting that my wife does not like or even hates to wear things that I would love to wear all the time it it were possible. She has said many times, "I can't understand why you would want to wear a bra or hose!" She says they are uncomfortable and hot.

Let me tell you that when one wears an underwired bra from 8 AM to 10 PM, it feels really good to take it off... :heehee: Same with hoses, especially when the weather becommes hotter...

When I dress for a long day, I try to use more comfortable underwear...

I keep the "sexy" underwear for special occasions which descency forbids that I describe here :tongueout

:hugs:
Eugenie

JoAnnDallas
10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
The wife used to wear 3-4" high heels, hose and garter belts, A-line skirts, dresses, and etc, but no longer. A few years ago her MS caused her to have both hips replaced. Since then she can not wear all the fancy clothing. On the other hand, I love wearing all that kind of clothing. I find it very Feminism.

Stephenie S
10-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Well, if you HAD to wear a bra all day everyday, if you HAD to wear PH all day everyday, if you HAD to take the extra time to do your eyes and lips and hair EVERY morning, you might have a little more understanding. This stuff is not as exciting on a daily basis as it might be when you only get to do it occasionally.

Lovies,
Stephenie

trannie T
10-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Much of femme apparel is uncomfortable. If I weren't a crossdresser I'd never think of wearing a bra.

JoAnnDallas
10-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Well, if you HAD to wear a bra all day everyday, if you HAD to wear PH all day everyday, if you HAD to take the extra time to do your eyes and lips and hair EVERY morning, you might have a little more understanding. This stuff is not as exciting on a daily basis as it might be when you only get to do it occasionally.
Stephenie.....When I first came to Dallas in 2005, I was looking for a new job. I went almost 4 months where I dressed almost everyday. I would say I got dressed better than 90% of that time. Every day I was dressed I shaved my legs and chest, wore a bra, pads, and pantyhose and/or garter belt/hose, put on makeup, wig, and polished my nails and toes. I enjoyed every minute of those days.

Jordan
10-26-2007, 08:22 AM
My wife says the same thing about wearing Bras but I just can't wear them enough I even wear them to bed this blows her mind she always ask me how I can sleep in them. My response is I love the feel of it and hate to take it off it drives me nuts not to have it on

beckyboo
10-26-2007, 11:02 AM
When my ex seen me in stockings she mentioned that she had never owned a pair of stockings in her life.

I told her she was missing out.

Kate Simmons
10-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Your wife is right Vivian. Bras and hose are uncomfortable and hot, especially when you dance a lot but we're tough, right?;):battingeyelashes::happy:

Marla S
10-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Clothes have a different meaning for CDs and GGs.
Depending on your associations the same feeling can be experienced as absolute high or as annoying.

tommi
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
My wife hates underwires and never wears heels anymore, she's on her feet enough at work that I don't argue with her about it.More important to be comfortable and healthy at the end of the day then sexy and miserable.

When it comes to bras she wants the best ,and most comfort she does get
some great colors and styles to satisfy my macho side.:D

JulieC
10-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I've known many women that have complained about underwire bras. Interestingly, I've repeatedly seen reports that 60,70, even 80% of women are not wearing the right bra size. My wife and I had a discussion about this, and she decided to go have a professional bra fitting. Before this, she hated underwires. Refused to wear them, except for one intended for the bedroom only. Said she had sensitive skin and could not handle the underwire at all.

Sure enough, she was wearing the wrong size. She also decide to go bonkers on high quality bras. All but one were underwire bras. They cost a mint, the cheapest being $70, but she now wears underwire bras almost exclusively and is absolutely comfortable.

I think the same largely applies to pantyhose. No two pair of pantyhose are alike. Shop and try, shop and try...until you find a type that fits you well, doesn't sag, and meets your other expectations. Hose are a LOT more comfortable if they fit right and are decent quality. There's been a number of women whom I've convinced to stop wearing hideous No Nonsense hosiery (they're the cheapest mass marketed hose, so lots of women wear them). I remember one of them hating to wear pantyhose. I got her into high quality pantyhose, and now she loves them.

Same applies to heals. Now, I'm not going to say wearing heels all the time is good for you, or at least won't hurt. We all know it does. But, for the times you do wear heels, wearing cheap ones is bad juju. Spend some money, get good quality shoes that really, truly, fit and are comfortable. They are worth every penny. My wife is *very* selective about the heels she buys for this very reason. Sometimes they cost a mint. Every time, they're worth it. Cheap heels will tear your feet apart.

In sum, you get what you pay/shop for. If you don't invest time and energy into finding the right solutions for your body, you'll pay a price for it in one way or another. Yes, it's harder to find comfortable bras, pantyhose, and heels than it is to find a comfy pair of sweats. But, going around in sweats all day every day isn't an option.

Deborah Jane
10-26-2007, 12:29 PM
My ex wife used to hate wearing "pretty things", she prefered jeans and jumpers and hardly ever wore hose [This was before she knew i crossdressed].....I guess i just balanced her out:heehee:

Zee
10-27-2007, 12:43 AM
I would gladly exchange my being a man and all that goes with it for underwire poking me, chaffed legs and yes, even pms.

Honestly, I think that, while not always the case, women have far less social strictures and stereotypes than what a man is expected to live up to. For me, living these stereotypes is excrutiatingly hard and emotionally exhausting.

As others have pointed out, its all in the fitting. I find that most women see something they like and they buy it without actually fitting the item. Just recently, I helped my wife measure her chest for the appropriate bra size and we went out and bought a few for her. She is very happy with the results.

Earlier this week my wife was complaining that her shoes hurt when she walked, no matter what type of shoe she wore. I noticed that if she liked a pair and they fit, she would buy them without lacing them up or walking in them around the store. We spent a good hour at payless trying on shoes for her last Monday and she found a pair. All week she has been wearing them and she has said that these shoes were the best fit she has ever had.

If the shoe fits, wear it...