PDA

View Full Version : Should I be flattered or creeped out

Lisa X
10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I was on a business trip in Florida and had a free afternoon, so I dressed up fairly casually. I had on a black top and a mid length skirt just over my knees. I went out and did some shopping and had dinner. I pass most of the time, so I did not have any problems. On the way back to my hotel, I was driving on a causeway that was about 10 miles long with two lanes in each direction. A guy in a raised 4 wheel drive truck towing a trailer was on the lane to my right and he was trying to stay even with me to check me out. The truck was pretty tall so I could not see him, and I did not really want to bend down to look at him any ways. He can look down in my car and see my legs. I had maybe 3-4" of legs showing below the skirt. When he caught up to slower traffic he would pull behind me to get around them and pull along side of me again. He did this for the entire length of the causeway.

I was somewhat flattered that someone was checking me out, but then I got creeped out. This guy would almost get into an accident to look at 3" of someone's legs. This was definitely a weird experience for me.

Lisa

Lissa Stevens
10-25-2007, 12:26 PM
While you should be flattered, I personally would have been nervous also. He is what gives semi drivers a bad name. Not only did he disregard traffic safety he in a way stalked you. BTW you look wonderful.

Ðarissa
10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
I figure if he was driving along and had a look then that would be fine but he got obsessive with his 'looking' for too long and thus went from a guy having a peek at some legs to a creepy stalker type. :Angry3:

Then again maybe he was just a horny bugger who hasn't seen nice legs in ages. :p

Kate Simmons
10-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Years ago I would have been flattered by such a thing. Now I pay any of these guys no attention at all. It depends on your comfort level and why you are out there en femme in the first place I guess.:happy:

Bridget Fitzgerald
10-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Uh............... he was a guy checking out a perceived female. Some of us may want to take our Ritalin

Amy Lynn3
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Some may like this idea and others may not. With the loonies on the road today I took a conceal carry class and I have a pistol with me at all times, when I'm driving. You never know when you might breakdown and I do not want to be on the side of the road by myself. Look what happened to Mike Jordans' Dad when he was on the side of the road.

Melinda G
10-25-2007, 04:22 PM
The problem with guys checking out "perceived females", is that they get angry when they find out all is not what it appears to be!

Linda-x
10-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Uh............... he was a guy checking out a perceived female. Some of us may want to take our Ritalin

:thumbsup:

I have driven many miles in service Vans, which lend a special view. I can understand, especially since most females wear pants, now a days.

Jordan
10-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I think it is great some guy was checking you out you must really good

DianaGomez
10-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Let me see, you want to dress femme and get creaped out because a guy checks you out? ATTENTION KMART SHOPPERS: Guys check girls out, and some go overboard and unless they are actually harassing you, its what most normal guys do!!!!!! There are some hen pecked / politically correct dudes that try and look away but most will look for as long as possible! Hey, its what fellows do. If you dont like it, I suggest either no dressing en femme, or else doing it in private.
Personally, I can only hope that if I can ever get out in public, I'll give every guy that sees me the biggest rush of his life!!!!

Carin's Wife GG
10-25-2007, 05:46 PM
and I hope I have taught my sons better than to only look at females to *check them out*.

Louise.

sterling12
10-25-2007, 06:42 PM
It's an old "custom" down here. Usually it's the Guys driving Semi's, but I imagine your guy with the jacked-up truck had the same idea.

Usually they see a gal out on The Interstate, and they will "birddog" her for a few miles. I understand that quite often The ladies cooperate and give the boy's a show! You were supposed to raise your skirt for him! If you were busty, then he would have expected to have seen your breasts. Usually, If they don't get what they want immediately, they honk a few times, and make hand gestures to give you an idea of what's on their minds.

I know it's a boorish behavior, but we have a lot of stupid, boorish, people down here. For what it's worth, a lot of those same stupid people emigrated here from The North.

Peace and Love, Joanie

occdresser
10-25-2007, 08:00 PM
that is flattering, but now you know how some women feel, when they are driving down the road!

breanna53
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I have never gone out as Bree, but i think it would be the ultimate complment on how good i looked. :)

Jodi
10-25-2007, 08:16 PM
That he found you attractive might be considered flattering, but attractive as what? As a person? I think not. To him you (and likely most women) were likely simply objects for their pleasure. This kind of behaviour is the same that leads to assaults, and the way you dress can be a means of justifying the assault. "The way she was dressed, she was asking for it.", is a legally acceptable justification for sexual harassment in the USA, Canada and Great Britain. And it does not matter how you were dressed, as it is whether or not the nmale point-of-view applies. If you dress as anything feminine, and some man is aroused by that, then you dressed provocatively; and it's your fault.
So, while being found attractive, loonies like that are dangerous and you do NOT want them near you.

Minerva

I must disagree with you about USA laws. An assault is not justified on any woman just because she was dressed a certain way. Might be that way in Canada or Great Britain, but not in the USA. Judges have been disciplined for even intimating such a thing.

Jodi

Niya W
10-25-2007, 08:40 PM
That he found you attractive might be considered flattering, but attractive as what? As a person? I think not. To him you (and likely most women) were likely simply objects for their pleasure. This kind of behaviour is the same that leads to assaults, and the way you dress can be a means of justifying the assault. "The way she was dressed, she was asking for it.", is a legally acceptable justification for sexual harassment in the USA, Canada and Great Britain. And it does not matter how you were dressed, as it is whether or not the nmale point-of-view applies. If you dress as anything feminine, and some man is aroused by that, then you dressed provocatively; and it's your fault.
So, while being found attractive, loonies like that are dangerous and you do NOT want them near you.

Minerva

Um no. the she dress like like a **** so she wanted it defense does not work. In fact in California you cant use as a defense I found out its a dude so freaked and killed him

Leah B
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
and I hope I have taught my sons better than to only look at females to *check them out*.

They do. They're boys.

KarenMichelleLuv
10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Wow, what an interesting set of replies to this question...

The bottom line is that many of us enjoy being enfemme and out in the public arena. Under these circumstances and while enfemme, we are both available / vulnerable to public scrutiny. This is the way the world works. How we carry ourselves and how we react to the complements / slanders sent our way help define who we are.

Clearly, Lisa's Truck Driver was/is a Boob! Taking a look at Lisa's legs is one thing. Endangering her life by reckless driving is another.

But, I will remind all of you that even on this forum, we frequently comment on the desirability / beauty of various body parts that we feel comfortable enough to share in photo form with each other.

While our solicitations are always [:heehee:] only for confidence building...The male driver, looking at a beautiful set of legs in the next car is no different than us in this respect. His motive my be different, as the visible body parts may be to him, only a visual fantasy come true or even [God Willing] a possibly deep appreciation of the aesthetic beauty of the curve of a graceful pair of long legs ending in a well turned ankle in 5" heels.

Unfortunately, his driving spoke loads about his mental state I'm afraid. Stirling's comment about "boorish behavior" applies in this case. Reckless driving is also inexcusable. But nothing else.

Lisa, this was a boor in a truck, the next time you get that "creeped-out" feeling, run 5 mph faster than him. Escape gracefully and confidently.

But don't fall into the trap that your femininity is no ones business but your own. Clearly we dress for many different reasons and for many different audiences. When out and about, many of us always strive to put our best heel forward.

As in all endeavors, being appreciated is always welcome. Boorish behavior is not.

You keep on doing your thing girl.

:hugs:

Angie G
10-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Both hun:hugs:
Angie

trannie T
10-26-2007, 12:31 AM
I enjoy looking at women's legs (and other parts too) I even check out my legs when I'm dressed. I do enjoy giving truck drivers a bit of a show but drive very defensively.

Carin's Wife GG
10-26-2007, 12:33 AM
They do. They're boys.

I do.

Louise.

noname
10-26-2007, 02:21 AM
Myself, I'd feel pretty safe in a car. I've had two creepy things happen.

The first time I wore a skirt out I went to the book store. I had some guy that somehow always seemed to be in the section of books I was looking at. A bit creepy yes. At least he was respectable and backed off when my facial expressions said, leave me alone.

I also had some huge guy being me in a store late one night. He said, I think I'm in front of you. While I had been standing line for a few minutes, I apologized and said, your welcome to go in front of me. To which he decline, he kept mumbling and bring up the fact he should be in front of me. Creepy? Very. Checing me out? Probably. Trying to start a conversation? I'm pretty sure of it. I was never so glad to get back into my car.

Kate Simmons
10-26-2007, 02:36 AM
The game can go both ways which is why I mentioned the reason you are en femme to begin with. I have a friend who used to deliberately dress provocatively and go out driving around to elicit responses from the drivers. She then taped all the CB chatter in response to what she was doing. I listened to some of the tapes. While somewhat humorous at times, I thought it was a bit warped. Takes all kinds I guess but in this case it was done by my friend purposely.

rustynail
10-26-2007, 04:13 AM
I wish a GG would try to check me out when driving!!!!!!!!!

Vaerise
10-26-2007, 04:23 AM
I think its fairly okay for guys to check girls out, it is innate in males to do so. However I think it is a creepy if they do stalk you through a highway, to the extent that it may have caused a road accident..

Attention is nice but not if they give you an excessive amount of it

xxMicky
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
The fact that he found you attractive to the extent of keeping up with you and following, looking at your legs would be a great compliment in my opinion. Also he didn't know you were just dressed which is another compliment. I would be delighted if I could "pass" and even more delighted to know someone found me attractive. It would make my day!

Cai
10-26-2007, 04:05 PM
"The way she was dressed, she was asking for it.", is a legally acceptable justification for sexual harassment in the USA, Canada and Great Britain.

NOT TRUE. There is no situation in which the harassed person is considered to be at fault in the harassment, unless they willingly cooperate with the harasser.

Lisa Golightly
10-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I was somewhat flattered that someone was checking me out, but then I got creeped out. This guy would almost get into an accident to look at 3" of someone's legs. This was definitely a weird experience for me.

Welcome to the wonderful world of men :)

Joy Carter
10-26-2007, 04:46 PM

Minerva

Maybe in cave man days. :rolleyes: