PDA

View Full Version : Feelings

Vivian Best
10-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Several threads have been posted about feelings, do I feel like a female or do I feel like a male? Those comments and questions got me to thinking about myself. Please indulge me for a moment while I ramble.

I've felt I should have been female since I was very young and that has never changed! Which brings me to the thought, do I feel like a female or do I feel like a male? To be perfectly honest I really don't know which my feelings are! They are just my feelings. I know my thoughts seem to side with female, ie, clothing, activities, likes and dislikes.

I think the one thing that really puts things in perspective is what is between my legs! Personally, I think it is ugly and I wish it were gone! In fact I visualize it being gone. I've felt that way as long as I can remember also. I said that to say this, does that make my feelings female?

A couple of time on different threads on this subject I've posted my feelings are just my feelings. I can't tell if they are male or female, they are just the way I feel. I know most of us want to be a female, but do those that do, feel like a female?

If any of you feel like a female would you mind sharing with me your feelings and what you think makes those feelings female vs male.

Thanks in advance,

Stephenie S
10-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Well hon, I have had this discussion on this forum before. The last time I posted my thoughts on this subject, I raised the ire of serveral other posters, and several of us ended up being "disciplined" by a moderator.

So, I want to tread lightly here.

My thoughts are that you can't FEEL like a woman any more than you can FEEL like a man. You "feel" like yourself. That's all. You can experience what it feels like to wear a dress. You can experience what it feels like to wear a bra. You can experience what it feels like to wear makeup. But through all of this it is just YOU wearing the dress, the bra, and the makeup. So you end up knowing what it feels like to wear a dress, a bra, and makeup. But do you FEEL like a woman? I think not.

Many here THINK they feel like a woman. It's a common statement here. (Or at least it used to be. I read less and less of that sort of thing lately)

Can you explain to me what a man feels like? What does it "feel" like to be tall? What does it "feel" like to be short? These questions are hard to answer. I think they are hard to answer because there is no answer. We FEEL like ourselves.

Years ago, I used to ask GGs what it FELT like to have breasts. I was convinced that it had to be the greatest feeling in the world. The answer that I always got was, "It just feels like me." Well, thanks to HRT, I now have breasts of my own. What do they feel like? They just feel like ME. Just me. They are just a part of me.

Now, I live and work as a woman 24/7. Do I "feel" like a woman? I dunno. But I certainly do feel like me. I "know" I am a woman. I have known that for as long as I can remember. But even then, I still just feel like me. If I "feel" anything as I go about living my life, I just feel "right".

So hon, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Sejd
10-26-2007, 12:48 AM
great point Stephenie
I speak three languages fluently, and people have sometimes asked me: what language do I think in? The point here is that you think in the language you are speaking at the moment. If I am in my Sejd self, I think very female and act like a woman, but do I act and think like a woman when I am in a professional situation as the man? no I don't think so. do I feel like a woman in the middle of a complicated work situation in the midst of colleges? NO, I just feel like solving the D...... problem. Do I feel like a woman when I put on my make up before going to a party with friends. OH YEAH. And is that all very confusing? You bet it is.
hugs
Sejd

RylieCD
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
They can be so confussing. Yes many days I feel like a woman, wanting to dress as I feel and do my normal routine. there are few days that I feel like throwing on some gender neutral (male) clothing and I wonder if this is my male side coming out or if it is just a comfy, laid back day? and Yes that thing between my legs always felt foreign to me as well.

So what do these feelings tell us?

Christinedreamer
10-26-2007, 11:01 PM
I too have wondered that for years. As I mentioned in an earlier post, externally I would be considered in the GLBT community to be a bear- 6' and 340lbs. I too have always hated that growth between my legs and considered it(them) extremely ugly although the convenience factor was a point in "its" favor.

I have noticed that over the last 5 years emotions that are usually discouraged in "men" have come to the forefront and I cry easily at anything where someone feels pain -physical or emotional- and I feel a strong need to care for children or invalid folks who are scared or in pain and animals in the same regard.

I suppose that as my body ages and the Testosterone level drops that the balance of the natural female hormones we all posses are being allowed more freedom to act on my psyche. After a recent test for testosterone was completed during a routine physical I was informed that a normal level was 248 at the low end of the scale and mine was 76; the lowest the doctor had ever seen. Unfortunately for me, the doctor does not seem able to correlate my physical appearance and voice with my emotions regardless of the Testosterone level. Does that mean that I feel female while appearing male? I am not sure but I do find myself sitting differently and laying differently in bed while attired in a nightgown etc. I wear them for physical comfort but I have begun to believe that allowing myself a physical manifestation of "female" that my true inner self me be seeking to scream out "I am a woman" even though reality tells me and the world otherwise. I have even noticed that if I lay down in "commando" mode I soon wake and realize that I have curled into a fetal or at least more feminie pose as opposed to when my mind does not overtly feel feminine I sleep all over the bed.

So again like you, I feel a bit of confusion. Inside I feel smaller than I truly am, I feel vulnerable, and softer- traits we usually identify as female or feminine. I consider myself neither overtly feminine or masculine- more like neutral- and the outward affectations and actions are dependent on the situational needs at the moment. My comfort level is aligned more along the feminine side of the scale but my functional side is aligned more along the masculine shading. So how do we tell?

This is a gift I know but it is hard as hell to unwrap.

Christine

Stephenie S
10-27-2007, 09:45 PM
I dunno, hon. It's pretty complicated word play to me. But that may be just what you are trying to say.

I always, and have always, just felt like "me". Others who I talk to who have no axe to grind or point to prove say much the same thing. They just feel like themselves. It seems to me that the majority of the "I feel like a woman" statements I have heard are comming from the TV and CD community where there is some position to be established by such a claim rather than from the TG or the straight community. Perhaps this feeling like someone else is what actors do. Or maybe what they do is to just feel like themselves ACTING like someone else? OMG, I don't know! Now I'm confused.

Vivian Best
11-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for all the input on my "Feelings" thread. I started the thread and immediately left town until today. I guess I can say I'm normal for just feeling like myself and enjoy indentifying myself as a woman.

AmberTG
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
"Feelings, nothing more than feelings":heehee:

azalea
11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I feel like a man because that's what I am, but I wish I was a woman. I wish I felt like a woman.

I want to be a woman and I act like a woman, but I feel like a man. I feel like a man who acts like a woman who would rather be a woman.

I don't want the private parts that I have, but I still FEEL like I have them.

DianaGomez
11-01-2007, 05:55 PM
I feel like a man because that's what I am, but I wish I was a woman. I wish I felt like a woman.

I want to be a woman and I act like a woman, but I feel like a man. I feel like a man who acts like a woman who would rather be a woman.

I don't want the private parts that I have, but I still FEEL like I have them.
Well said. I identify!!!

AmberTG
11-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Interesting way to put it! I used to feel that way, but I now realize that I don't know what it feels like to be a man any more then I know what it feels like to be a woman. I know what it feels like to be a male of the species, that's been my lot in life, but that doesn't tell me anything about what it feels like to be a man. My dad was gone all the time when I was a kid because of the Air Force, so I had no manly role model. I was always emotionally sensitive as a kid, that's not a normal boy's trait. I never did act like most men, I just never "got it". I've always been a passive person, I learned early on that when you're skinnier then all the other boys, you do your best to avoid confrontation. The difference between me and the girls in high school was that, normally, boys didn't hit girls.
What does all this mean? I don't know, except that I don't really know what it feels like to be a man.

sybercom11
11-15-2007, 12:27 PM
I pretty much feel like what I am: a feminine guy.

I am a guy, but I definitely am not manly.

I am feminine, but I definitely am not a woman.

That is my plight and I make the best of it.

stevie

geri
11-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Several threads have been posted about feelings, do I feel like a female or do I feel like a male? Those comments and questions got me to thinking about myself. Please indulge me for a moment while I ramble.

I've felt I should have been female since I was very young and that has never changed! Which brings me to the thought, do I feel like a female or do I feel like a male? To be perfectly honest I really don't know which my feelings are! They are just my feelings. I know my thoughts seem to side with female, ie, clothing, activities, likes and dislikes.

I think the one thing that really puts things in perspective is what is between my legs! Personally, I think it is ugly and I wish it were gone! In fact I visualize it being gone. I've felt that way as long as I can remember also. I said that to say this, does that make my feelings female?

A couple of time on different threads on this subject I've posted my feelings are just my feelings. I can't tell if they are male or female, they are just the way I feel. I know most of us want to be a female, but do those that do, feel like a female?

If any of you feel like a female would you mind sharing with me your feelings and what you think makes those feelings female vs male.

Thanks in advance,
girls,
i've got a lane bryant story to tell if you are interested. it floored me but it was a great experience.
it's about feelings.
geri