PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

Jordan
10-26-2007, 12:05 AM
How many os us realy care whst other people think about how we look? as long as we feel good inside isn't that all that matters

renee k
10-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Hi Jordan,

Your right, it's how you feel inside that really matters. It's all about self- esteem. With that being said, it really matters to me how I present myself when in public. I try to look like a woman of my age and blend in. It really makes me feel good when I look at myself in the mirror and know that this who I am.

Huggs, Renee

JoAnnDallas
10-26-2007, 08:32 AM
The first time I went out in public dressed was last year at the Tri-Ess HEF2006 Conventin. There it did not matter if I was clocked or not, since both the Hotel staff and guests knew that a CD converntion was being held and that we were CDers. It was only earlier this year that I started going out in the public solo. I dressed Conservative and as result, I blended in enough that I had no problems at all. I had one GG do a double look at me, but then she went back to her shopping. At the convention last year, I had the peace of mind that I was among others like myself and the hotel security would protect us. When I decided to go out solo, I did not have that sense of protection, so was nervious the first time, but no one seem to pay me much attention. The magic of going out is to

1. dress to blend in. Do not dress to gain attention
2. act like you go out dressed this way all the time
3. do NOT act nervious or give another the impression your hiding something.
4. act normal and SMILE when someone looks at you. They will usually smile back and leave you alone.

Angie G
10-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Yes it is hun :hugs:
Angie

AmandaM
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I HAVE to look good, not for them, but for me. That's why my pic ain't here. I'm not thin enough yet.

charlie
10-26-2007, 02:44 PM
How many os us realy care whst other people think about how we look? as long as we feel good inside isn't that all that matters
Yes, it is how we feel that matters, but how I feel changes when the other people around me make comments, snickers and point. It does take the fun out of it.