PDA

View Full Version : straight bar for halloween?

cutiepiedanielle
10-26-2007, 03:45 PM
dressed up..think i go for it? anyone have experience

hotbobbie
10-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Just be very careful what type of straight bar you go into.

paulaN
10-26-2007, 04:11 PM
My first real time out was on halloween at a straight bar. That's all there is around my neck of the woods. It was a blast. I was with friends though. Remember there is safety in numbers. But it is our holiday so go for it.

goofus
10-26-2007, 04:37 PM
My first real time out was on halloween at a straight bar. That's all there is around my neck of the woods. It was a blast. I was with friends though. Remember there is safety in numbers. But it is our holiday so go for it.

Yeah you wouldn't want to go into some straight bars alone...unless you wanna get beat up :Punch:

alysonatl
10-26-2007, 04:40 PM
One of my first times in public en femme I went to a party with a gg gf, and felt good because I was accepted by the other women as one of them, and was encouraged to go out to a bar. Some of the others proceeded to one place, but my gf and I wanted to hear a particular band play. So, we went to the club and had a blast. One girl liked my makeup job sp much she paid for our admittance and brought us over to a table with her friends. The guys were kind of redneck macho, and I was not well received by them; but the girls all oved it, so I jo.ned them and talked about makeup and clothes. My gf and I did a stroll acound the club, just like 2 single women would at any bar, and picked out guys we thought were cute. Before we left, we went to the ladies room, and after doing our business, joined the other girls by the mirror to fix our hair and makeup. On girl pegged me right away, saying "We have a man among us<" but i waved it off, sayng that at that moment I was just another girl in the ladies room, and was accepted as such.

trannie T
10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
One of the very first times I went out was on a Halloween some years ago. I dressed and went to my regular {straight} hangout. Most of the people recognised me but I stood next to a few people I knew and they had no clue as to who I was. I did hear about my costume for some months but it was all positive.

Niya W
10-26-2007, 07:38 PM
It funny cause i'm going to a straight bar for a Halloween party to night. Of course i'm going to be there with a friend

Wenda
10-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Our group is going to a dance/party at a private venue. There are some pretty intersting scenes happening downtown (like a prize for the 'snakiest" costume?? sorry? help me out with that anyone?) If you are part of a group you should be ok. Have fun! w.

Joan Merrie
10-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Me and my wife went to a couple of bars tonight. One was a gay bar it was a blast, didn't stay too long as the loud music was hurting her ears. the 2nd one was a strait bar not to big, it went OK, we got hit on, I didn't talk there I didn't want to out my self, I love knowing sign language.

Sophie_C
10-28-2007, 12:30 AM
I would say that most places expect it these days, so I don't see much of a risk of physical harm, but as I've posted before - people are smarter than they used to be.

You do out yourself by dressing on Halloween, no question about it.

People know it's not a one-time thing.

If you're comfortable with that, more power to you.