PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing at the check out

Joan Merrie
10-27-2007, 10:11 AM
My wife and I went to wally world this morning. We got a few groceries, and she replenished our makeup supply. On the way to the check out she had to go( if you know what I mean), well she left her purse in the buggy, our turn came to pay, no sign of her yet. the money is in her purse. Here I am with make up, purse no wife, ME IN DRAB MODE. The checker rang up the food, then came the make up rang it up and says" Is this for you?" I say" Why yes it is, Do you like the colors I picked out?" She says Yes there pretty. I dug into the purse for the money and paid. Side note, My honey needs to clean out her purse!!!!!!!:heehee:

JULIE33362
10-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Good going i love it yes it is mine thy dont no what to say after that love it you rock

Shelly Preston
10-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I can see how that would be Funny :D

You need to go in femme mode next time

Ðarissa
10-27-2007, 11:06 AM
:heehee: That is funny.

paulaN
10-27-2007, 11:44 AM
All of us should do that. That is fess up and say yes it is mine. I only had the chance to do that once. I was buying nylons. She asked if I was dressing up tonight, I said yes I am. That was the end of that conversation.

Mary Morgan
10-27-2007, 11:54 AM
One of the things that amazes me about GGs is their incredible ability to go long periods of time without having to use the ladie's room. I cannot remember when my wife used one while we were shopping even for hours. So maybe, just maybe, your clever little lady thought she would have some fun with you to see how you handled it. Sounds to me like you did just fine. I wonder what she will come up with next time? Enjoy

Angie G
10-27-2007, 12:27 PM
You go girl that was great Joan :hugs:
Angie

Patti Girl
10-27-2007, 01:33 PM
All of us should do that. That is fess up and say yes it is mine. I only had the chance to do that once. I was buying nylons. She asked if I was dressing up tonight, I said yes I am. That was the end of that conversation.

My wife and I were at a meeting the other night where it was potluck but we had decided to eat out earlier so I wasn't eating. Well, one of the women went past me and said "Aren't you eating? What are you doing, working on your girly figure?" She couldn't figure out why my wife and I bust out laughing!

Patti

Joan Merrie
10-27-2007, 01:48 PM
One of the things that amazes me about GGs is their incredible ability to go long periods of time without having to use the ladie's room. I cannot remember when my wife used one while we were shopping even for hours. So maybe, just maybe, your clever little lady thought she would have some fun with you to see how you handled it. Sounds to me like you did just fine. I wonder what she will come up with next time? Enjoy That crossed my mind. But she does have a bladder the size of a peanut.

Sinthia
10-27-2007, 07:34 PM
If you give a friendly 'Yes, do you think that color would look good on me' comment with a smile, I bet you will almost always get a great reply from the SA.

Joann0830
10-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I will bet you almost died when you gave her that quick answer, I am so proud of you as you just went right with the flow. I remember when you posted your first pictures and you sounded relunctant. I guess you really know how strong you are to do what you did. Keep it up, I go in with my daughter and buy what I need to buy and pay and the most I get from the
Sales Lady is how are you and Thank You and I am not dressed as Joann
its fun as you keep everybody guessing as to who is it for. BTW dont complain about your wifes bag as you should check out your handbag in a little while:heehee: :heehee::happy:Joann

teresa jeen
10-27-2007, 10:51 PM
i was in the dollar gen the other day gettine me some nails and polish, the lady asked was they for me i just gave a snort and said yeah, do you think these are my colors? so we went from nail color to the best fit on my new bra!! what a saleslady, ive got to get to know her!!!

skirt_guy
10-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Sounds like your SF set you up, who knows, I think I've been in that sit plenty of times but when the stuff in the buggy is mine, I'm a lot more paranoid. Something to consider........

SG

xxMicky
10-28-2007, 01:46 AM
I remember many years ago (lol - well I was 17 ish) going in to a small corner shop and buying a "top shelf" magazine. The girl behind the counter was there with another friend and smiles and giggles were happening, now that was an experience at that age. I made sure I went back a few days later and they were still both there, sounds silly but I bought the same magazine again and got a similar reaction - it was great at the time.
Now its different, I can go and buy girly clothes and most of the time I don't get a second glance. Its either I don't care or get embarrassed any more or people are a lot more liberal and don't let on.

From my own point of view I think as a CD, shopping should be exciting and I miss the recognition - either that or I just don't worry any more what people think.