PDA

View Full Version : well that kinda hurt.

Anthony Jake
10-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Ok, so i was having a good day, but now its not so good.
I had this friend back when i was in high school, 15/16 and we were pretty good mates, sure we used to wind each other up..more one of those love hate relationships.. but definately more love than hate...
Anyway, after like about 4 years of not really being in touch i sent her a message.. she replied with i dont know what to say, so i asked her if she was uncomfortable with anything, she said no.. she just had bad memories of high school (when i was at this school a lot of bad stuff happened, a few of our friends died from drugs and people were generally quite screwed up) But we all kinda worked together and just got through things..
It just kinda hurt that she said she didnt want to know me because of what went on back then.. when her and i had shared many a moment.. and not parted on bad ground (we didn't date each other or anything like that.. she'd get drunk and make out with me but that was as far as it ever went) But just remember her as this french girl who was really quite cute and who made me laugh and made me cry and we were just always there for one another.
I dont understand why people cant move on from the past and let the future be whats important ( i dont know if that statement is hypocrytical in the sense that im upset because she said basically i should do an about turn out of the door, so to speak)
I guess i just value the people who did accept me and did help me through stuff more than they valued me.
Hmm..

Kris
10-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Ok, so i was having a good day, but now its not so good.
I had this friend back when i was in high school, 15/16 and we were pretty good mates, sure we used to wind each other up..more one of those love hate relationships.. but definately more love than hate...
Anyway, after like about 4 years of not really being in touch i sent her a message.. she replied with i dont know what to say, so i asked her if she was uncomfortable with anything, she said no.. she just had bad memories of high school (when i was at this school a lot of bad stuff happened, a few of our friends died from drugs and people were generally quite screwed up) But we all kinda worked together and just got through things..
It just kinda hurt that she said she didnt want to know me because of what went on back then.. when her and i had shared many a moment.. and not parted on bad ground (we didn't date each other or anything like that.. she'd get drunk and make out with me but that was as far as it ever went) But just remember her as this french girl who was really quite cute and who made me laugh and made me cry and we were just always there for one another.
I dont understand why people cant move on from the past and let the future be whats important ( i dont know if that statement is hypocrytical in the sense that im upset because she said basically i should do an about turn out of the door, so to speak)
I guess i just value the people who did accept me and did help me through stuff more than they valued me.
Hmm..

I am so sorry you are going through this. It sucks when people act like that. I think, and this is just my opinion that she is scared of her OWN reactions....... and that is why she is putting distance between you both. Please try hard not to take it personally because you really don't know.

:hugs: Kris

ZenFrost
10-27-2007, 08:00 PM
The past is past, it shouldn't be forgotten but it shouldn't be lingered on. :hugs: I'm sorry she isn't moving on.

uknowhoo
10-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I agree with both of the responses above. While it's unfortunate, just remember this is about her, not so much a reflection on you. You don't hav eto make it your problem (I'm sorry it does hurt some though :hugs:)

Nicki B
10-27-2007, 10:28 PM
How old is she? :strugglin

I just get the impression she's still pretty young...