PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween...Be Careful though!!!

tracylee
10-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi all...

I love this site and I don't post too much...But, with Halloween being the "crossdressers holiday"...I must say that I agree with those that are saying to be careful on these costume parties...

My point is...I live in a very rural area, and I have seen people that CD that mean well but get labled as "weirdos" that haunts them way beyond the costume party...

It probably depends what party you go to and and all that...but I can tell you from experience that if you seem to "look too good" or "seem to enjoy being a lady thing", people will notice AND talk...

I know when I get into my Fem Persona, I seem to let my guard down and not think of the consequenses...but in "man mode" I know how I could be destoyed at work and in the community... I know its is wrong to be judged, but that's the way it is...atleast here in the woods of northern Pennsylavania...

I wish all are having a great time and I wish I could be out there with you...

chrystie
10-28-2007, 06:36 AM
When you dress 24/7,everyday is a Halloween party,you just have to not care what anyone thinks about you.Just be the best you that you can be and
eventually,everything falls into place.

JaytoJillian
10-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Wish I had gone out last night! I'm new here... just stumbled upon this site. It appears to be loaded with tons of good information

Angie G
10-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Some times small towns suck I live in one :hugs:
Angie

christina marie
10-28-2007, 08:09 AM
< small town girl, i know what you mean Angie. is great for raising kids, but you're walking on eggshells with cd'ing

Kate Simmons
10-28-2007, 10:06 AM
I went to the party at Rainbow Mt. which is the local LGBT club I go to. I departed a little from my "standard femme" look with an Elvira type outfit. Even so, I can never fool the regulars who know me. I really love holidays like Halloween because it lets all kinds of folks drop their inhibitions for awhile and really enjoy themeslves and that is what mainly made me happy. The place was packed and the dance floor was hopping and there is nothing I like better than to see folks having fun. I wish it would happen more often.:happy:

Jodie Wexler
10-28-2007, 11:05 AM
< small town girl, i know what you mean Angie. is great for raising kids, but you're walking on eggshells with cd'ing

Some times small towns suck I live in one :hugs:
Angie

I am in the same situation my town population is about 3500 and everybody likes to gossip here. I actually think people in the city were I used to live were nicer to strangers, than these country folk. I seem to run into a lot of hypocrites here.

goofus
10-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi all...

I love this site and I don't post too much...But, with Halloween being the "crossdressers holiday"...I must say that I agree with those that are saying to be careful on these costume parties...

My point is...I live in a very rural area, and I have seen people that CD that mean well but get labled as "weirdos" that haunts them way beyond the costume party...

It probably depends what party you go to and and all that...but I can tell you from experience that if you seem to "look too good" or "seem to enjoy being a lady thing", people will notice AND talk...

I know when I get into my Fem Persona, I seem to let my guard down and not think of the consequenses...but in "man mode" I know how I could be destoyed at work and in the community... I know its is wrong to be judged, but that's the way it is...atleast here in the woods of northern Pennsylavania...

Eh...to a certain extent I think "To hell with the people that can't deal with it...(screw) 'em". Don't let small minded jerks stop you from expressing yourself. Yes, be careful, but don't let 'em stop you. They're just jealous 'cause they don't look as good in a skirt as you do :2c:

goofus
10-28-2007, 12:26 PM

Gee, maybe it isn't so great for raising kids, since they're not exposed to much diversity, eh?

Jill
10-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I think you bring up a good point and this is the reason why I have never made a big push to CD at Halloween. I live in a conservative area and I have always thought that if I got all dressed up for halloween, people would think that I walked a little too well in the heels or seemed to enjoy it a little too much.

Phyliss
10-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Right about now I don't care what some people will be thinking when i go out this Wednesday.
The local Mall is having a "trick or treat" thing from 5 to 7 pm.
I went last year about a month after "coming out to wife" she didn't care for me going but didn't stop me.
I mentioned it earlier this afternoon and she seemed to be a bit more at ease with the thought. Figured I'd test the envelope a bit and asked if she would come along. She AGREED. Whoo Hoo wifey is coming with me as I go out. She said, "Well, it's halloween"
It's also a start only she doesn't know it yet. A test dry run, if you would, to see if she can handle our "going out"

Wenda
10-28-2007, 03:58 PM
I live in a small city, 35,000, with a fairly old demographic, but it is quite an artistic community, and whomever doesn't approve doesn't influence my life. I went out in 5" laceup thiigh-highs, leather thong, leather cincher, leather vest, leather mask, leather mini skirt, black wig and black lace-up gloves. I wore my #9 forms, so the vest wouldn't stay buttoned, and you could get a pretty good look at the girls. By the end of the night, a series of ladies came by to check them out. The only permanent damage is the big toe that I broke a few years ago is really aching today after 5 hours in 5" heels. w.

Michelle_56
10-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Not to be "bah humbug", and I sincerely hope that all who have fun going out and dressing up at Halloween have an amazing night, but this is one I always sit out.

Maybe it's because when I dress and go out in public, I don't feel like I'm "in costume", and I don't want to have it take a recognized costume night for me to go out. But really, that's just me.

Have a great time everybody!

-Michelle

Billijo49504
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, if you have a SO that is supporting, you might be lucky, even if in a area that is touchy. You can always say that it was the SO's Idea to dress...BJ

Jamie001
10-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I would sure get outta that area in a hurry!!

Hi all...

Jamie001
10-29-2007, 12:24 AM
You should give them something to talk about. I have found that as I get older I care a lot less about what other people think. I have my life to live and don't let other folks control me. As long as my wife is accepting that is all that matters. I don't care about other folks. I have found that this is a lot better way to live my life. I hope that you will eventually come to the same realization.

:hugs: Jamie

I am in the same situation my town population is about 3500 and everybody likes to gossip here. I actually think people in the city were I used to live were nicer to strangers, than these country folk. I seem to run into a lot of hypocrites here.

christina marie
10-29-2007, 06:57 AM
not worried about diversity at all, child has whole life to get that. everyone in town knows who my child is and who her parents are.if she is somewhere she is not supposed to be or in some type of danger,the other parents in town will look out for her, same as i would do for their kids. find that in the big city.

Lilith Moon
10-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I live in a small town pop. 300 and I am *already* seen as the weirdo. That might be due to my shoulder length hair, I dunno. As far as I know nobody is aware of my cd-ing and the wife wants it to stay that way...but we are both pretty much ostracized...screw 'em. :D

goofus
10-29-2007, 09:03 PM
You should give them something to talk about. I have found that as I get older I care a lot less about what other people think. I have my life to live and don't let other folks control me. As long as my wife is accepting that is all that matters. I don't care about other folks. I have found that this is a lot better way to live my life. I hope that you will eventually come to the same realization.

Right on, Jamie!! I'm starting to feel the same way as I get older - life is short, live your life the way you want to live it and to hell with other people if they don't like it. Now this is not to say that one shouldn't consider the feelings of spouses, close friends, etc., but strangers - really, who gives a twist what they think? :2c:

goofus
10-29-2007, 09:06 PM
not worried about diversity at all, child has whole life to get that. everyone in town knows who my child is and who her parents are.if she is somewhere she is not supposed to be or in some type of danger,the other parents in town will look out for her, same as i would do for their kids. find that in the big city.

I found growing up in a small town to be suffocating to say the least...give me the big city any day :2c:

Jodie Wexler
10-29-2007, 09:32 PM

My wife does accept me but I also have a child to think about. In town this small, if I was found out, my child would be teased, my wife would be embarrased and I would be shunned by the community. I work for the town and I believe my credibility would be questioned. Ever been in a small conservative town when a teacher comes out as gay? It is not a nice thing.
Jodie

JazmyneCD
10-30-2007, 12:15 AM
I think you bring up a good point and this is the reason why I have never made a big push to CD at Halloween. I live in a conservative area and I have always thought that if I got all dressed up for halloween, people would think that I walked a little too well in the heels or seemed to enjoy it a little too much.

Last year when I was dressed for Halloween, a lady going into the elevator remarked how well I could walk in them.

"I'm impressed," she said.

I almost made a Freudian slip and replied, "Years of practice." But I guess I could have just laughed it off :)