PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Lumberjack, and I'm OK ...

Brenda's Friend
10-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Yesterday I spent the day cutting down trees and sawing them up for cord wood. Crossdressers can still do the hard work.

I thought of a great Halloween costume. Go as a lumberjack. Required items: Plaid shirt, stocking hat, suspenders, bra, forms, nylons, high heels, two days grouth of stubble (on the face), fake axe, cute purse, dangly earrings, ...

This would be a great costume to wear to work. Everybody with a sense of humer would love it. Plus, Halloween is on Wednesday, and Wednesday is a day to go shopping!

BF

marika_jaye
10-28-2007, 12:25 PM
I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wild flowers....

I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars...

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

Ðarissa
10-28-2007, 12:33 PM
That skit always makes me laugh.

I think that would make an interesting costume.

goofus
10-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Yesterday I spent the day cutting down trees and sawing them up for cord wood. Crossdressers can still do the hard work.

I thought of a great Halloween costume. Go as a lumberjack. Required items: Plaid shirt, stocking hat, suspenders, bra, forms, nylons, high heels, two days grouth of stubble (on the face), fake axe, cute purse, dangly earrings, ...

This would be a great costume to wear to work. Everybody with a sense of humer would love it. Plus, Halloween is on Wednesday, and Wednesday is a day to go shopping!

BF

Oh, that'd be hilarious :laughing: 'Course non-Monty Python fans wouldn't get it :)

BarbaraTalbot
10-28-2007, 01:00 PM
..that turns a man's thoughts to plaid.

Er,wait, no I had to have the air conditioning on the whole way up to the mountain. Not crisp at all. I think I saw fall colors,but it might have been scrub oaks killed by the HEAT!

Anyway, I just blogged about that very skit (http://barbaratalbot.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-am-lumberjack-yes-i-am.html)last night! Great minds and all that. For those that don't wish to wade through the sliding off topic ramble there, the link I put to the video is here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1337058712815976138).

(I hope the link works, I chose a google link because I thought their MASSIVE storage and server capacity would provide longevity to the link. Just since last night that link died and I had to choose another.)

docrobbysherry
10-28-2007, 01:45 PM
..that turns a man's thoughts to plaid.

Er,wait, no I had to have the air conditioning on the whole way up to the mountain. Not crisp at all. I think I saw fall colors,but it might have been scrub oaks killed by the HEAT!

Anyway, I just blogged about that very skit (http://barbaratalbot.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-am-lumberjack-yes-i-am.html)last night! Great minds and all that. For those that don't wish to wade through the sliding off topic ramble there, the link I put to the video is here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1337058712815976138).

(I hope the link works, I chose a google link because I thought their MASSIVE storage and server capacity would provide longevity to the link. Just since last night that link died and I had to choose another.)

I either missed, or forgot that skit! Jees, didn't u just love Monty and his Python?
RS

charllote34
10-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh, that'd be hilarious :laughing: 'Course non-Monty Python fans wouldn't get it :)

i get it lol !!! (showing my age !!)

angela2112
10-28-2007, 02:23 PM
I wish i was a girly,just like my dear papa !.......giggle

Kate Simmons
10-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Sounds cool BF. I have to tell you it's doable in real life though. I have a friend who is a gunsmith and a mountain man(and lumberjack) --er-woman--er--whatever. I've been along with her hunting, with her (not me) wearing a gown and heels.:happy:

TxKimberly
10-28-2007, 03:14 PM
And if it fails just remember "Always look on the bright side of life". :-)

charllote34
10-28-2007, 03:21 PM
And if it fails just remember "Always look on the bright side of life". :-)

very good !! xxx

Joan Merrie
10-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh thank you now I can't get Eric Idol's singing out of my mind. Another good 1 was Birng out your dead.

paulaN
10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Change lumberjack to redneck and that would fit me quite well. he he

Billijo49504
10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I really like the idea. But don't forget the matching plaid skirt to match the plaid shirt. Or else maybe a denim jumper.:tongueout....BJ

Cristi
10-28-2007, 11:17 PM
If I knew that enough people would 'get it', it would be a wonderful costume.... but while my friends would all understand, I have the feeling that I'd have to explain the costume 100 times to everybody at work (and they still wouldn't 'get it'). Oh well... It is still a great idea, for the RIGHT party with the right friends.

docrobbysherry
10-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Sounds cool BF. I have to tell you it's doable in real life though. I have a friend who is a gunsmith and a mountain man(and lumberjack) --er-woman--er--whatever. I've been along with her hunting, with her (not me) wearing a gown and heels.:happy:

Sorry Salandra. I usually get your drift. Not this time. Is your hunting friend a CD or a GG? Either way, what a gal, uh, or guy!
RS

Kate Simmons
10-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Sorry Salandra. I usually get your drift. Not this time. Is your hunting friend a CD or a GG? Either way, what a gal, uh, or guy!
RSShe's a CD RS but insists she is a woman. She is also a heavy equipment mechanic for the State and goes to work en femme.:happy:

trannie T
10-28-2007, 11:56 PM
When you go shopping Wednesday be sure to have buttered scones for tea.

Blonde
10-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Actually, I used that "skit" to explain to my wife, after she "caught me"

Brenda's Friend
10-29-2007, 07:34 AM
My 11 year old son and a friend are going as the "Busy day, spent three hours burring the cat" old ladies.

Ðarissa
10-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Oh thank you now I can't get Eric Idol's singing out of my mind. Another good 1 was Birng out your dead.I'm not dead yet!

JoAnnDallas
10-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Monty Python was always big into the CD gags. When we lived in Virginia, the Flying Circus came to town for a weekend concert. They must have had at least 5-6 CD gags durn the show. They also did the "Lumber Jack" skit, and one skit with Aussis where the Aussis were throwing cans of "Fosters" into the crowd.

Jaydee
10-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the link Barbra. I had always loved that skit, but hadn't seen it in many years. I actually do wear a bra and tights while working in the woods.:happy:

Jaydee