PDA

View Full Version : OMG my ex is such an idiot!!

Anthony Jake
10-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Im having the most ridiculous and annoying conversation right now with my ex, who has been my ex for at least 8 months more i think, i dont know and right now i dont particuarly care.. anyway, i just had to share this with you all so you can see how stupid people can be (im sure you all already know but anyway)

:mad: :Angry3: :mad: :Angry3:

Right so were discussing lesbians and them dating or not dating transguys.. now, she makes a pretty firm point that she would never date a masculine type.. be it trans or butch (i dont know why she dated me as i was never particuarly femme but anyway).. so i kinda said to her but then you're judging on looks which is something you claimed you didnt do.. so she said, yes,but i have to be attracted to who i date (understandable but hmm, a little shallow when put against some of the conversations her and i used to have) She then told me she would only date people with a feminine side/vibe whatever..

So i decided to see just what she thought about transguys, and wow.. how the hell i ever dated her is beyond me.. she has just said.. a lot of bulls***. Apparently, according to my ex's lesbian world.. transguys can only be classified as male if they will have the full operation and have male parts.. otherwise they are female, if you live as a guy full time but wont have the operation then thats your female side holding you back and you not wanting to let go of it, apparently its a psychological fact that transguys who dont have the op are feminine and not male.. that and that as a transperson we will always have 2 personalities our female on (bc we havent had the op to make us a man) and the man that we're creating. she then said, if u want to be a man then be a man, get all the parts the hormones etc, otherwise no matter what your female.
so then i asked her if it was that simple that gender is basically labeled by what genitalia we have, and she said yes.. simply.. there is only two things one can be male or female..

she the proceeded to apologised to me and point out that she still loves me but cant date a guy! WTF??

i have never heard such a lot of old rubbish... it just annoys me really annoys me that anyone could be so shallow.

*i thought i should just add something for the sake of not causing arguments, i am not saying that people cant have split personalities or both genders.. im talking in reference simply to someone who is wanting to be of a singular sex, be it male or female, i think it would work both ways her opinion.. just had to clarify that.. and also that this is not my opinion, but me portraying someone elses opinion towards me..

ZenFrost
10-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Bull****.

Nicki B
10-28-2007, 07:33 PM
IMHO, that level of ignorance isn't unusual? :(

Even amongst people who should know much better.. I gather (see Julia Serano's Whipping Girl (http://www.juliaserano.com/whippinggirl.html)) that, at many mainstream US feminist events, F2Ms are welcome, but M2Fs are, at best tolerated - and often barred??

They're sending exactly the same message.

Syr_SwitchyGQ
10-28-2007, 11:17 PM
:( How rude. Why do people try to tell other people who they are? Not that that's any of her business anyway. :mad: Yeah... there are three things that irritate me more than anything else...

1) Close-minded liberals.
2) People from various minorities who are always talking about their "hard past" or "the system keepin' me down" and just generally assuming that because someone is white or male or straight or whatever that they don't have problems of their own.
3) Transphobic gay people. Because gays really just should know better.

Actually, I think all of these are kind of the same thing. Whatever.

Seth: this is why we really, really need to educate GLBA people about transfolk. Ignorance, unfortunately, does not have a sexual orientation.

kerrianna
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM
:rolleyes: Nothing bugs me more than a clueless person who thinks they know what they're talking about and want to impart their 'wisdom' to others...ESPECIALLY to those people who DO know. Like the time my brother was lecturing my partner on the care and feeding of horses (all wrong) when he had, let's see...ZERO experience with horses, and my partner has been around them all her life. :mad:

You're right.

Your ex IS an idiot.

Not for being ignorant (people are - they can be taught) but for willingly showing off her ignorance and lack of understanding.

Shallow, yes.

Don't dive in the shallow end of the pool. You'll hurt yourself.

bi_weird
10-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Ignorance, unfortunately, does not have a sexual orientation.
That's excellent.
But yeah...oi. Sucks that your ex is being so close minded. That's the sort of thing that you hear a lot about but never expect to happen to you. Have a brownie to make you feel better?

Felix
10-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Yep recently experienced the you could be a straight man or ya might be a gay man it all sucks when ya have explained quite clearly what ya are. Sorry but the lesbian community need to get their heads around the trans spectrum cos it is so wide and varied. Until they do there will always be ignorance. I feel for ya Hun :hugs::hugs: xx Felix

Adam
10-29-2007, 03:03 PM
its not uin common i even had a family member thought like this at first they dont anymore though witch is nice.
its mostly because they dont understand how you feel but yes it can be upseting

Emily Ann Brown
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
ZenFrost my man....YOU SAID IT PERFECTLY !

Emily Ann

Tamara Croft
10-30-2007, 03:03 AM
I can see now why she is your 'ex'..... so is that an 'ex'ceptional idiot or... an 'ex'tra stupid idiot.... or... :heehee: you're well rid of her... ignoramous is what she is :rolleyes:

DanielMacBride
10-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Bull****.

Ditto ;)

Daniel