PDA

View Full Version : hairy legs

occdresser
10-29-2007, 06:17 AM
who has hairy legs and keep them like that all year round:thumbsdn:

christina marie
10-29-2007, 06:39 AM
:( removal of body hair is a dealbreaker here, but am working on contract renegotiations

Cyndie
10-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Very hairy legs and would love to shave them, but the few times I have tried the "shave my legs" discussion, it has been cut short with a quick "NO". :( It is not a point I feel is that important, as I don't really go out dressed. The few times that I have gone out I have worn flesh tone dance tights with colored pantie hose or stockings over them. At night or in low light levels it seem to work, but in bright sun light, you can still seen some outlines of the hair.

TTRF
Cyndie

Mitch23
10-29-2007, 07:48 AM
a constant discussion point in this household. Wife doesn't like them, men don't shave their legs and they're too prickly to coddle up to. After a full summer shaved, I'm going to concede that one at least for the winter - i will be wearing thicker tights so won't matter so much. you can get that bleaching stuff i think which will make them much less noticeable. I hate body hair and would like to go the whole way with it!

Mitch

traceyanne
10-29-2007, 07:49 AM
:thumbsup:hairy, im afraid, was part of our guidelines. i used to shave them, but my wife wasnt to keen as a few people had noticed and commented, she likes to keep our dressing quite private. we came to a compromise, i can shave pits,arms, chest and down below but i leave legs and butt well alone and were both happy.i dont go out fully dressed so there isnt much need for it.

Wenda
10-29-2007, 07:53 AM
I shave mine every day in the tub. My GF likes them, as long as I don't let the hair get long and prickly. I wear shorts, and have never had a comment. w.

JoAnnDallas
10-29-2007, 09:03 AM
YUCK....why would you want hairy legs???? I keep mine shaved year round, along with my chest and arms.

Denise Somers
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Occdresser,

First shaved my legs in 2000 and have kept them smooth since 2002. Pantyhose never felt better, dresses and nighties never looked better, any shoe with any height of heel never looked better, and... my wife enjoys the smooth feeling as well. Give it some thought!!

Denise Somers

Gisele
10-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Yuck! not me, I have to have my legs baby smooth. I cant stand the feeling of hairy legs any more.

Kate Simmons
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
It depends on what is important to you Hon. I'm alone now, so can do what I want. I am planning on talking with my wife soon to see if she will give me another chance and come back. She likes my body hair and was turned off when I shaved it.If she does return and wants hairy legs, she's got it. Small price to pay the way I figure and a no brainer for me.:happy:

Jamie001
10-29-2007, 11:16 AM
It is interesting how much control wives want to exert over this very personal matter. Body hair or lack thereof should be an individual choice. Tell your wife that you want her to stop shaving also. What's fair is fair!

Very hairy legs and would love to shave them, but the few times I have tried the "shave my legs" discussion, it has been cut short with a quick "NO". :( It is not a point I feel is that important, as I don't really go out dressed. The few times that I have gone out I have worn flesh tone dance tights with colored pantie hose or stockings over them. At night or in low light levels it seem to work, but in bright sun light, you can still seen some outlines of the hair.

TTRF
Cyndie

Emma England
10-29-2007, 12:30 PM
I go to a salon every 4 weeks to get my legs waxed.

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-29-2007, 12:46 PM
I actually started doing whole body shaving beore starting to fully dress 11 years ago. Made the transition easier LOL.

DonnaT
10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't shave them (have in the past) but would love too. I do trim them with hair clippers, however.

Deborah Jane
10-29-2007, 01:10 PM
I never shaved my legs when i was married, but since getting my own place i,ve started shaving my legs and body hair. I,ve found i actually prefer being smooth and my femme clothes feel even nicer than before. [They felt nice anyway:heehee:]!!!

Ruth
10-29-2007, 03:01 PM
This business of wives laying down the law about body hair is a strange one to me. Would these same wives be happy if their husband dictated to them what hairstyle and which clothes to wear?
Hopefully the world is changing (see thread on Readers Digest male hair removal story).
I'm not in the clear on this, as my wife is not happy with my shaved legs, but understands it's part of what I do. You might say she tolerates rather than likes it.

karynspanties
10-29-2007, 03:25 PM
My body, my legs....they're kept smooth 24/7/365. I agree....tell her to quit shaving. I bet it would go over about as good as a fart in church!!!

JenniferMBlack
10-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I shaved for the first time in years last week. I did every thing even the facial hair. My SO is alright with it except the chest she loves a hairy chest but the rest I can keep shaved. might try and shave the chest one more time before I let it grow back at least for Halloween.

Melinda G
10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I like to keep myself shaved. And I live alone, so there is no reason not to. Buy ya know, it's just too much trouble. I do shave every couple weeks, and sometimes again a few days later. But sometimes a month goes by before I have the time or inclination to shave again.

confused99
10-29-2007, 04:57 PM
I LOVE my shaved legs, I shave them every day to keep them perfectly smooth. I too had the uncomfortable discussion with my SO, and then I realised something... It's only body hair, and it's MY life. So off it went, and I haven't regretted it one bit. After a few weeks of doing it, my SO has got use to it.

For me, there's just NOTHING that beats the feeling of having silky smooth legs, and the way they look in my heels is amazing.

I can't imagine having hairy legs ever again. I also go out in shorts with no problems, and it's such a buzz to know that I'm doing something against the norm, and that I WANT to do, rather than society controlling me (pretty much all my life I've done things to please other people..... but now I'm fighting back :) )

Gisele
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
It depends on what is important to you Hon. I'm alone now, so can do what I want. I am planning on talking with my wife soon to see if she will give me another chance and come back. She likes my body hair and was turned off when I shaved it.If she does return and wants hairy legs, she's got it. Small price to pay the way I figure and a no brainer for me.:happy:

I really hope all works out for the both of you! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. The hair on your legs is a small price to pay for her love.

christid66
10-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm afraid I do as the wife likes them (Grrrr:Angry3:)

Ema1234 GG
10-29-2007, 06:52 PM
It is interesting how much control wives want to exert over this very personal matter. Body hair or lack thereof should be an individual choice. Tell your wife that you want her to stop shaving also. What's fair is fair!

This business of wives laying down the law about body hair is a strange one to me. Would these same wives be happy if their husband dictated to them what hairstyle and which clothes to wear?

And how would you feel if your wife stopped removing her body hair? Same issue, just a different side of the coin.

Personal care and grooming is something that your partner can have a say about. It's this thing called compromise, i.e. what a successful relationship is all about. :rolleyes:

Ðarissa
10-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm glad to be able to shave my legs without having somebody else saying I shouldn't. If I had a SO who didn't want to shave her legs, then go for it, id say. Really I don't see how somebody telling me to not shave my legs is a compromise, when I've got hairy legs that I DO NOT WANT, while she goes and shaves hers? Sounds controlling to me. Oh well, maybe that's why I'm single. :p But I think people should be more understanding of others and if shaving or not shaving makes the other person happy, then why is there a problem? You'd swear we were going around putting ben gay on our legs and stinking up the house. LOL

Sinthia
10-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Yucko-phooey . . . hairy legs are for dogs. Get a raizor and get to work. Nothing nicer than shaved legs in a pair of nylons or pantyhose.

Ðarissa
10-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Yucko-phooey . . . hairy legs are for dogs. Get a raizor and get to work. Nothing nicer than shaved legs in a pair of nylons or pantyhose.ROFL@hairy legs are for dogs!!! LMAO!!! I nearly lost a mouthful of coffee. :tongueout

SandyR
10-29-2007, 08:09 PM
I did not shave my legs......and it was ok. Now I shave everyday, am having my back and chest lasered, and hope to get my legs done next year. It's so nice to have smooth legs.......

Hugs.

SandyR

lisajane
10-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Bald from head to toe:p

Jamie001
10-29-2007, 11:58 PM
I really don't understand why some GGs like hairy legs. To me, hairy legs look rather ape-ish. Yuk! :2c:

Hopefully the world is changing (see thread on Readers Digest male hair removal story).
I'm not in the clear on this, as my wife is not happy with my shaved legs, but understands it's part of what I do. You might say she tolerates rather than likes it.

Jamie001
10-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Yes, you are correct. It is very controlling and I wouldn't stand for it. Body hair or the lack thereof is a personal thing and the decision regarding shaving should be made by the person with the body hair. It is not anyone else's business. Anyone that tries to control you regarding shaving body hair is being completely unreasonable. Body hair is ugly. Ask a GG is she would like to have hair on her legs. If she says that she wouldn't want hair on her legs, then she can understand how you feel. :2c:

I'm glad to be able to shave my legs without having somebody else saying I shouldn't. If I had a SO who didn't want to shave her legs, then go for it, id say. Really I don't see how somebody telling me to not shave my legs is a compromise, when I've got hairy legs that I DO NOT WANT, while she goes and shaves hers? Sounds controlling to me. Oh well, maybe that's why I'm single. :p But I think people should be more understanding of others and if shaving or not shaving makes the other person happy, then why is there a problem? You'd swear we were going around putting ben gay on our legs and stinking up the house. LOL

Joni Beauman
10-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Its odd, but my wife never notices that I shave them in the winter ea. of past 5 years. Armpits finally, too (does she just not notice?). But I need to become hirsute again by Feb when taking a long hike with a male friend in tropics (including 25 k on extensive wild beach, crossing three rivers at low tide to avoid crocs). Not ready to explain to this friend my tg ways. The price I pay. Joni

Jamie001
10-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Joni,

Why do you think that you would need to explain your tg ways to your friend? If anyone asks you, all that you have to say is that you don't like body hair. It's really that simple. I understand that there was even an article in the Reader's Digest regarding men removing body hair. Tell you friend that you don't want to look like a hairy ape. That's really all there is to it.

:2c: Jamie

Its odd, but my wife never notices that I shave them in the winter ea. of past 5 years. Armpits finally, too (does she just not notice?). But I need to become hirsute again by Feb when taking a long hike with a male friend in tropics (including 25 k on extensive wild beach, crossing three rivers at low tide to avoid crocs). Not ready to explain to this friend my tg ways. The price I pay. Joni

ColleenShivas
10-30-2007, 01:07 AM
I shave my legs when seasonal activities allow time for it. That means once a week in the fall and winter, when in this part of the country shorts are still worn quite often. Unfortunately several weeks can go by between shaves during spring and summer. Then I worry about the contrast between being hairy one day and being clean the next.

As for what my SO will and will not accept, the "compromise" is that she lets me shave my legs, but prefers that I keep my chest hair. For whatever reason, her wiring equates a hairy chest with some ideal of manhood and if that improves our relationship, then it is OK with me. Besides, I think that she is starting to like my legs better when they are smooth. :D

Jazzmine
10-30-2007, 02:44 AM
who has hairy legs and keep them like that all year round:thumbsdn:

I shaved my legs 2 months ago. I just said to my SO I'm going hairless for a while. I cycle (road racing) so it was not unusual . My wife loves the smooth feel - they're smoother than hers actually, and she calls me sexy legs. So I guess I'm stuck with them for now, how sad!
Pantyhose now stay up all day and feel fantastic. So do all fabrics against the skin. It's also cooler in hot weather.
Only downside is the maintenance - once or twice a week shaving in a time scarce schedule.
Shave your legs - because you're worth it!
Hugs Jazzmine

Beth-GDB
10-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Over the years I've shaved my legs once in a while but not regularly. I've recently re-shaved them and I'll keep them that way for a while to see how much work it takes to keep them bare for a longer period than I'm used to. At the moment I'm going over them with a razer roughly twice a week and still not getting all the regrowth every time, but I'm improving. If I get tired of shaving I'll let the hair regrow and try waxing, but personally I think that will be more work than shaving.

charllote34
10-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Body hair to me is a pain when i have it and removing my beard grows so fast its not fair and if i shave every day i am red raw , my leg hair dosent grow as quickly and i can shave once a weeek my chest hair is the trouble after i shave its red raw as well so i am having it waxed!

lisa_e_love
10-30-2007, 03:25 AM
It feels amazing to have clean, smooth legs against pantyhose fabric. Unfortunately, it raises some eyebrows as men with shaved legs are perceived as "metro" and are therefore suspect. Girlfriend laughed when I first did it, but when I wanted to again she didn't approve.

karynspanties
10-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Men are supposed to have hairy bodies. Women are supposed to be smooth. Or so is the "norm". When a woman sees her man smooth, she looses that macho male vision of him and he becomes a more feminine image. This is what my wife told me when I started to shave 2 years ago. I told her that I am the same man she fell in love with 25 years ago. The feminine part of me makes me who I am. If I did not have that in me....she probably would not have fell in love with me. She thought about that for a moment and said "your right, it's only hair". Plus she knows how I detest body hair.

Emma England
10-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Why are men SUPPOSED TO HAVE body hair?

There is no useful purpose to it now.

Having too much is just embarassing.

After getting rid of it, I feel cleaner. In fact, it is quicker to wash as soap glides over smooth skin more easily. Clothes glide as well.

----

I have never been to a male strip show (I am straight fyi). In this industry, it is known for the guys to have their chests waxed. So does that mean that many girls prefer a guy to be smooth?

Hairy legs is old-fashioned. In fact so old that it is pre-historic - caveman might have had hairy legs. Modern man? Well I don't!!

KelliBennett
10-30-2007, 09:45 AM
I totally thing body hair is a matter of personal choice. Women really haven't been shaving their legs all that long if you thing about it. Evident here. (http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=485433) Saying men are supposed to have body hair is an antiquated close minded thought. People have a right to live how they want to live. Hair or no hair. It is personal preference and wrong for anyone to tell someone else what they can and can't do with their body.

I personally have been shaving for 7 years. Year round. My wife never minded it and has grown to prefer it that way. Humans are evolving away from the need for body hair. We control are climate now and have had adequate clothing for warmth for a few thousand years.

I personally like it in male mode simply for the fact that it is cleaner and feels much better period. Never mind the added bonus for dressing reason.

I am on the waxing cycle right now. I like the 2 - 3 weeks of no shaving but hate the couple of weeks where I have to grow it back out again for the next waxing.

Laser is becoming more and more appealing.

Bonnie D
10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
When I turned forty I shaved my moustache that I had since high school. My wife was not pleased at all and wanted to know why I did it. I told her I needed a change. I grew it back for her. When I turned 50 I shaved it again. Same reaction from wife. This time I did not grow it back. Last Spring I shaved my chest and armpits and then soon after that I came out to my wife. She asked me how long I have been secretly dressing. I told her since 11. Now it all makes sense to her. She told me I shouldn't shave my chest I should get it waxed. I said okay. Then she asked if I wanted anything else waxed since she was going to call and make an appointment for me. I told her I wanted my legs waxed too. The session was not too painful and the results were great. I didn't have thick body hair in the first place. I ahve been again since and am due to go again next week. I am going to get my back done too.

I play hockey once a week and was a little worried about any possible comments in the shower room afterwards but then thought what do I really care what they think. I can take a few teases if I have to. I would just tell them that I like it this way and that's that. No one has commented at all. I think they would be more concerned if they knew I was TS.

I won't get into further here.

I don't like body hair on women and I don't mind it on men.

Bonnie

bgirl
10-30-2007, 10:23 AM
This strikes to the core for me.
Beard or no beard.and all the rules that apply. Legs? Only after the shorts season has gone, no wearing shorts to the gym, no shorts when companies over. But can shave them without permission in winter.

Beard, I have to hang my head in dispare, as everytime I want to shave we have issues. As if someone will know I crossdress if my face is clean shaven.
It feels like a control issue to me. I can cd if I do it alone, never seen.

Perhaps she doesn't realize that I know she thinks I am a freak. Even though she knows and 'accepts' its out of sight -out of mind.

Bigger closet but its still a closet. I don't get the spankings that my dad gave me to send me into the closet. But in a way its an emotional spanking that still keeps me in the closet.

We are going thru this AGAIN. I am sad and frustrated. I not only have the feelings I have about what others think but the added restrictions of what they might think of my wife if they found out.

I am less masculine when I am shaved evidently. I am sure that if the other 100 million men who shave everyday knew that, Gillette would go out of business.
All done ranting. Thanks for listening. I feel all better know.
Beth

Patti Girl
10-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Men are supposed to have hairy bodies. Women are supposed to be smooth. Or so is the "norm". When a woman sees her man smooth, she looses that macho male vision of him and he becomes a more feminine image.

And macho men are supposed to wear pants and GGs are supposed to wear skirts. We don't fit the mold for clothes, why should we for hair? If you are "non-macho" enough to dress femme, why should a little hairlessness change anything?

Patti

confused99
10-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I just hate body hair, period. I sat next to a REALLY hairy guy on the train yesterday, it almost made me sick, was like sitting next to a gorilla in a suit; hair sticking out everwhere.

It's a funny thing regarding other people noticing, you think they would, but I believe that's just a self confidence issue; just because you know, doesn't mean they're immediately going to notice. After I shaved mine, my in-laws came round and I was wearing shorts. My wife mentioned that I had a big bruise on my knee (a walking into a table incident) and I showed them - not one mention regarding my legs.

These are people that WOULD have commented out right had they noticed, but nothing. Since then they've seen me several times in shorts, and still not siad anything. People just don't notice, so get rid of the hair (you'll be glad you did) :)

Wendy me
10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
i shave i can't stand to be hairy ....lol i even shave before a doctors appoment .....

Jazzmine
10-31-2007, 01:22 AM
Hi Beth, why don't you take control back and do what you feel is appropriate for you each day?
I just cannot imagine how you can give up control of your personal hygiene and presentation to anybody else. It's your body, your decision!
Your description almost sounds like bullying. Hope I am wrong.
You really need to sort that out sweetheart.
Hugs Jazzmine

Melora
10-31-2007, 05:07 AM
This is ONE thing that the wife will not go for.. She lets me shave arms and chest, But NOT the Leggs, = Grrr. But Beggars cant be choosers either.. I mean, I LIKE tights and Hose very much!, And they help hide the leggs, So give and take and have a good relationship all the same.. Sacrifice is sometimes a good thing ehh?

Patti Girl
10-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Sacrifice is sometimes a good thing ehh?

"Compromise" is an essential to a quality relationship.

Patti

Jamie001
10-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Jazzmine,

I believe that you are correct. Every person should have control over their personal hygiene and CDs should take-back control. It is ridiculous for someone to tell you that you can't share body hair. Ask your wife how she would like to have ugly hair on her legs. :2c:

Hi Beth, why don't you take control back and do what you feel is appropriate for you each day?
I just cannot imagine how you can give up control of your personal hygiene and presentation to anybody else. It's your body, your decision!
Your description almost sounds like bullying. Hope I am wrong.
You really need to sort that out sweetheart.
Hugs Jazzmine

KimberlyS
10-31-2007, 02:07 PM
If you are single it is your choice what you do. I see so many married CDers talk "I", "I", "ME", "Me", "My Self", "Mine",.... I know to some of you, your marriage may not seem like it, but it is a relationship, it is a joint venture. Any relationship is. Compromise, give, and take on both sides. And hopefully lots of COMMUNICATION. Hopefully the communication is abundant and the compromise, give and take are more equal. But often it seems like the communication is little and superficial and much of the relationship is out of balance.

A relationship that is not working together is diverging apart. And some cases going down parallel paths with little intersection. Married singles. Tax break. Shared housing costs.

I have hairy / furry legs here. I shaved them once and yea it was nice right after they were shaved. But to keep them smooth would be at least a daily shaving. That is a lot of work and time to keep them up. I have better things to do with my life.

Additionally my wife hated my legs shaved and has reminded me multiple times since. To me it is really not a big deal. Yea it would be nice once in a while to wear sheer hose instead of opaque. But for me it is not worth the hassle of doing or keeping it up or pushing my wife for it. My wife continues to tolerate more and more of my CDing than I ever thought she would.

Enjoying what I have instead of fretting over what I do not have. Furry legs and arms here and proud of it. Of course I am just a guy in femme clothes and passing is optional. A decent feminine image is my goal when out enfemme. Do not want to scare those that see me or I interact with too much.

I think our image of what is CDing is what controls our needs and wants. And it is different for each one of us.

crunchysoda
10-31-2007, 02:51 PM
So what if a CD wanted to keep his hair? Yall act like it's a disease.
That if a CD doesnt shave, he's somehow less than.
:thumbsdn:

I can tell you right now, if I stopped shaving my legs my man would not appreciate it. When my son was a newborn, there were weeks upon weeks where I did not shave. That was way down on the list of my priorities.
Even now I shave maybe twice a week.

When I was single there would be times, many times I just didnt feel like shaving. I shave much more now that Im not single, because I know my bf prefers that. It's small thing in the long run.

Same way w/him, I prefer him not to shave his legs, but when/if he does well I "tolerate" it.

I do prefer a guy that's got "average amount" of hair. Not into "Robin Williams" type of hairy, but in general leg/arm hair is appreciated by me.

Everyone has things that attract them to their mate. It's not a deal breaker but it's not a non-issue.

And macho men are supposed to wear pants and GGs are supposed to wear skirts. We don't fit the mold for clothes, why should we for hair? If you are "non-macho" enough to dress femme, why should a little hairlessness change anything?

Patti
As far as "women are suppose to wear skirts" that's a bunch of bs.
I dare anyone to say that me wearing jeans makes me "non-girly", I mean those that know me.

Kelsy
10-31-2007, 04:05 PM
My wife and I just crossed the shaved legs boundry. I explained to her that there were times when I would like to shave maybe everything which I was accustomed to doing before we were married. She wasn't sure and told me that if I was going to shave she wanted to be there when I did it! well to make a long story short - She was there alright right - in the shower with a razor in her hand and she got the job done!!:D very nicely I might add.

Kelsy

Jamie001
10-31-2007, 06:17 PM
I find it quite interesting that some GGs are into hairy body parts on their men. As the saying goes, "whatever floats your boat". Personally, I hate the look of arm or leg hair on anyone of any sex. I am heterosexual, and maybe that is the reason that I have this view that hair is repulsive. On the other hand, I wonder if I had been homosexual, if I would find body hair attractive on a man. That is an interesting point to ponder. I sure would like to hear the opinion of gay CDs on this topic. Do gay CDs that prefer men as partners like for their men to have hairy arms and legs?

ARRRRRGGGHHH! I am losing my appetite just thinking about all of that arm and leg hair. :puke:

So what if a CD wanted to keep his hair? Yall act like it's a disease.
That if a CD doesnt shave, he's somehow less than.
:thumbsdn:

I can tell you right now, if I stopped shaving my legs my man would not appreciate it. When my son was a newborn, there were weeks upon weeks where I did not shave. That was way down on the list of my priorities.
Even now I shave maybe twice a week.

When I was single there would be times, many times I just didnt feel like shaving. I shave much more now that Im not single, because I know my bf prefers that. It's small thing in the long run.

Same way w/him, I prefer him not to shave his legs, but when/if he does well I "tolerate" it.

I do prefer a guy that's got "average amount" of hair. Not into "Robin Williams" type of hairy, but in general leg/arm hair is appreciated by me.

Everyone has things that attract them to their mate. It's not a deal breaker but it's not a non-issue.

As far as "women are suppose to wear skirts" that's a bunch of bs.
I dare anyone to say that me wearing jeans makes me "non-girly", I mean those that know me.

Ðarissa
10-31-2007, 07:42 PM
Ummmm I can't speak for anybody else but personally I don't think any less of anybody who doesn't shave their legs or think anybody is better if they do. I feel shaving is a personal thing and is no different than tattoos or piercings or tanning or a particular haircut, or any other body maintenance stuff. IMHO we all should be more understanding of each others wants and needs and if somebody wants a tattoo or shave a body part, or remain hairy, then they should IMHO be able to do so. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :tongueout