PDA

View Full Version : He did it again !

Lilith Moon
10-29-2007, 01:26 PM
This is just a little story with no particular point. I just thought you folk might be interested, amused or not.

Flash back a half century or more to a family Christmas do. I was a little boy with a fascination for girly clothes. My little cousin had come to visit and she was wearing this cute red shiny raincoat...I couldn't take my eyes off it and later that evening I snook out and just had to try it on. It was a bit small, but felt great. Then her older brother J. burst in and caught me red handed...or rather red coated. Even at that age I knew that little boys were not supposed to wear girls stuff and was very uncomfortable about being discovered. "It's alright,", he said. "You look fine. Lets go for a little walk". So, we set off hand in hand past the room where the families were gathered. At least, that's what I thought was going to happen...instead I found myself pushed into a roomful of people "Look, look, at the little cissy ! " J. shouted and all eyes were on me, people were smiling and giggling. I was mortified and ran out crying.

Now flash forward 50 years...last week I had to attend a family funeral. I had my ears pierced a few months back. All was well and I had put my small studs to attend the funeral. I've had comments from nobody since I had them done so felt fine about it. Among the mourners was J. and we chatted over a cup of tea after the funeral. Suddenly, in a loud voice J. said "Look, look everybody, he's wearing earrings, what a cissy !"

I didn't floor him. And I wasn't mortified. I didn't cry. I just smiled and said "Yes, you like 'em ? " He muttered something about "Barbaric" under his breath. My earring wearing wife looked ready to retaliate but bit her tongue and the general conversation moved on...nobody else made a deal about it. Several of the younger male family members who also happened to be wearing earrings gave me a look, a smile and a shrug. Looks like I've been accepted into the earring wearing fraternity.

Just a little event that brought back some poignant childhood memories for me.

S. Lisa Smith
10-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Your cousin...What a jerk!! (I really don't mean jerk, I really mean something else.)

Kate Simmons
10-29-2007, 02:12 PM
I guess some people will never grow up Lilith. You have for sure.:happy:

Daintre
10-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Lilith, I know you did the right thing, dealing with a jerk like this. I would have been torn, don't know if I would turn the other cheek or lay into the BeeeeeeeP.

Ruth
10-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Interesting. This J has obviously got issues with gender roles. Some might say he's in denial...

paulaN
10-29-2007, 03:43 PM
I'd say he is still a jerk. We have a saying here in maine. What goes around comes around. When it comes around and you get your chance to get even you should take it.

Rachaelb64
10-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Your cousin is not one those big hairy types who farm sheep in the valleys is he? :D

Missy Anne
10-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I say we all get together and have a "blanket party", with him as the guest of honor!

Missy Anne

Ðarissa
10-29-2007, 08:32 PM
That guy is definitely a real as...... yeah jerk. I would be so tempted to tell that guy off, amongst other unladylike things.

Shelly Preston
10-29-2007, 08:36 PM
He is obviously stuck in the stone age

Glad you handled it so well :)

sterling12
10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Most Shrinks would label him a passive-aggressive personality. These types of people will ambush you at the most inappropriate moments, because they know it's almost impossible to react or fight back.

Does he also have a history of drinking? Be real careful when he's drinking, or hasn't had the opportunity to drink for a few hours. That's when they can be their nastiest!

My advise is AVOID THIS PERSON. When your in a room together, go the other way. If he moves toward you, go the other way. Eventually these people can get to you so bad that you want to "bust them up." That of course, will accomplish nothing and makes you look bad....so AVOID HIM!

Peace and Love, Joanie

PS. The reason I seem very sure about this situation, got a Brother In Law who is exactly the same way. J-E-R-K!

KarenSusan
10-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I think J. suffers from arrested development.

Kris
10-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I would call him a name but I think that has been covered.

It also shows that you have class and he does not.

And yeah barbaric he says under his breath? Yeah because he is the one who is stuck in the stone age...

You are in up with the times Sista.. let me see him call any one of the rich rappers a "cissy" because they have both ears pierced! LMAO.. he would change his tune. At a funeral no less......... absolutely classless.

:hugs: Kris

MsJanessa
10-30-2007, 06:14 AM
This is just a little story with no particular point. I just thought you folk might be interested, amused or not.

Flash back a half century or more to a family Christmas do. I was a little boy with a fascination for girly clothes. My little cousin had come to visit and she was wearing this cute red shiny raincoat...I couldn't take my eyes off it and later that evening I snook out and just had to try it on. It was a bit small, but felt great. Then her older brother J. burst in and caught me red handed...or rather red coated. Even at that age I knew that little boys were not supposed to wear girls stuff and was very uncomfortable about being discovered. "It's alright,", he said. "You look fine. Lets go for a little walk". So, we set off hand in hand past the room where the families were gathered. At least, that's what I thought was going to happen...instead I found myself pushed into a roomful of people "Look, look, at the little cissy ! " J. shouted and all eyes were on me, people were smiling and giggling. I was mortified and ran out crying.

Now flash forward 50 years...last week I had to attend a family funeral. I had my ears pierced a few months back. All was well and I had put my small studs to attend the funeral. I've had comments from nobody since I had them done so felt fine about it. Among the mourners was J. and we chatted over a cup of tea after the funeral. Suddenly, in a loud voice J. said "Look, look everybody, he's wearing earrings, what a cissy !"

I didn't floor him. And I wasn't mortified. I didn't cry. I just smiled and said "Yes, you like 'em ? " He muttered something about "Barbaric" under his breath. My earring wearing wife looked ready to retaliate but bit her tongue and the general conversation moved on...nobody else made a deal about it. Several of the younger male family members who also happened to be wearing earrings gave me a look, a smile and a shrug. Looks like I've been accepted into the earring wearing fraternity.

Just a little event that brought back some poignant childhood memories for me.
your brother sounds like an A**hole---I would be tempted just to write him off.

Chari
10-30-2007, 06:25 AM
J appears to be very insecure, narrow minded, and who wants to be the center of attention. It is obvious by his actions he has not grown up mentally or learned anything about life. You did the right thing by letting him think he was in control!:heehee:

Chari

Jocelyn Quivers
10-30-2007, 08:10 AM
It sounds like he has gender issues of his own he's trying to cover up.

Samantha B L
10-30-2007, 08:16 AM
That's an interesting story Lillith.

dee4127
10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I would say that he is trying to cover up his own feelings by making fun of someone else.