PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comments.

Melinda G
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
A week ago, I picked up a new black bra, and some matching lacy pantys, at Wal-Mart. They didn't have a self checkout, so I had to go to a regular checkout. The black lady sort of did a double take, and raised her eyebrows, but said nothing. I paid, and she handed me my bag, and put her hand on mine, and said, "have a nice evening". It was 11:00 am in the morning. :D

Today I was in K-mart, and picked up a package of satin thong pantys, and a studded leather belt. Again, the checkout lady said, "Have a nice evening", rather than, "have a nice day". Interesting, to say the least. Both were middle aged women.

BarbaraTalbot
10-29-2007, 06:14 PM
...with Dee in tow, and I don;t think they assume something sexy is for me, but even if for her, for us to be shopping for it together or for a male to be buying something like that alone suggests this is something with an immediate future, not something you got to fill out or re-stock the lingerie drawer.

Kristen Marie
10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
That happens to me on occassion. What's the best is if you have a catchy retort. If they say "Have a good evening" perhaps follow with "I will if they fit right" or "I just love this brand" I find that the little banter just adds to a postive shopping experience!

Sinthia
10-29-2007, 07:41 PM
They probable assumed they were for your lady-friend, not yourself. But I like Kristen Marie's comments . . . I will if they fit right!

Shelly Preston
10-29-2007, 07:45 PM
They probable assumed they were for your lady-friend, not yourself. But I like Kristen Marie's comments . . . I will if they fit right!

:iagree: with the above comment unless your buying them on a regular basis...................... then who knows !!!

Ðarissa
10-29-2007, 07:50 PM
:heehee: Gotta like the comments you get sometimes. :heehee:

sterling12
10-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes, they are giving you an "out." They just assume that you've bought wifey something cute and sexy. They figure your going to get a "reward," for being such a romantic guy!

They are imagining what they would do, if their squeeze got them a similar gift. I suggest smile, or even smirk just a bit. Give them a knowing look. And split!

Peace and Love, Joanie

SandyR
10-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Gota love the "self" checks outs.

Hehehe....

SandyR

JoAnnDallas
10-30-2007, 08:06 AM
I once walked up to a checkout at Walmart with a Skort, matching top, 2" heels, earrings, necklase, watch, and makeup. The lady checking me out about half way thru the checkout quitely asked if all of it was for me. I said, "Yes it is". She then started talking about how nice the top went with the Skort, the heels were a great match, and so on. Then when all was paid for and packaged, she looked at me and said "Nite Sweetie, I'm sure it's going to look great on you".

Sinthia
10-30-2007, 07:59 PM
JoAnnDallas . . . You should take a picture of yourself dressed in that outfit and casually show it to the lady. It will probably make her day.

Jordan
10-30-2007, 08:01 PM
they have no clue if they are for you or a significate other

Billijo49504
10-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Friday night, the cashier at VS asked, if HE knew I had HIS card??? Until I showed her my ID...BJ
ps.I got 2 bras, 3 panties, as in 3 for $30 or $18 each, and some makeup.

Joy Carter
10-31-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm a nice guy/girl and usually let stuff like that role off.

I just put it up letting them having fun with it later. :heehee:

"Oh Judy ! This guy, or I think it was a guy, bought a pair of lacy panties and bra today, in my check out lane. And .....well I don't know what he was doing with them .......Or maybe I don't want to even want to know." :rolleyes:

Eugenie
10-31-2007, 01:37 AM
I've had some strange looks while browsing through the women underwear and even more while making my choice in the skirts and top area of department stores. I've also had some questionning looks when checking out. Bu I never had negative comments, sometimes curiosity questions but never bad ones.

With time, I've learned no to be bothered with what they think or even say...

Afer all I'm doing no arm to anybody...

:hugs:
Eugenie

RachelDenise
10-31-2007, 04:49 AM
Comments are interpreted by us, and we never really know why they were said by the SA unless you clarify the comments. I don't feel the need to tell that the purchases are for me unless asked or if I need help with sizes.

JoAnnDallas
10-31-2007, 08:12 AM
Sinthia.....Already took the picture. It is the outfit that I am wearing in my avatar pic. she may not remember me since it has been 2-3 month now.
But thanks for the thought.

Chari
10-31-2007, 10:10 AM
I recently purchased some nightwear from Kohls I just couldn't resist.:heehee: At the checkout the SA looked at the item and back at me asking if "this was the right size?" "I sure hope so" was my reply. She smiles and said "next time you could try it on to be sure, but now I'll give you a gift receipt if you need to exchange it. Have a great evening!" My response was "now the fun begins!" BTW, I was in drab and the night wear fits perfect!

Hugs2U, Chari