PDA

View Full Version : Women arent daft ..

Pages : [1] 2

Mirani
10-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I work with 5 women ages 28 - 42.
One is my partner (business!) and the others are the real workers! ;)

Anyway - to the point.

I am not "out" at work tho' there has been some comments over my hair ("its in great condition") and some teasing comments ("You should have been a girl") ...

We went for a drink/meal tonight to celebrate my partners birthday.

They have been planning the Christmas Party (subsidised at £50 a head by "the company") and wanted to do something different from the "usual"

So .. they told me tonight after drinks and eats, that they are planning a "Pamper Party" with copious wine and a takeaway and sleepover. Then showed me thisweb site.

http://www.thepamperparty.co.uk/whathappens.htm

The plan is a manicure, pedicure and a makeover ..... and then the question to me ..
"What do you think? Do you fancy it?"

I was being looked at by all of them - no giggling but all of them happy (or was it the wine)

I said "What makes you think I would enjoy that?" .. OMG what a stupid question.

Carlie replied "We have been wanting to say something for ages. You didnt see me, but I saw you out one night about 6 months ago. You had your hair down and you were wearing a silver grey top and a denim skirt and boots. I knew it was you especially when you swept your hair back. I wanted to tell you before, but didnt want to embarass you.
One of the others said, "We hope you dont mind - but we just wanted to say we love you and that's it really"

I didnt know what to say. I got hugs from all of them. Then one said "you can let your hair down now" ...

We had another drink and they asked permission to ask me questions (I said OK) and then there was a million questions (well a lot anyway).

I have just got home and logged on to share.

:OMG:

Marla S
10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Great story.

And I am glad it worked out fine. Hope it stays that way.

Anyway you are out now ..... no way back :hugs:

"Nobody has seen me" ... of course, of course :heehee::eek:

Brianna Lovely
10-30-2007, 05:23 PM
What a wonderful, warm thing to happen. You've just expanded your "family".

Mirani
10-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Just had a phone call from my partner asking if I am OK.

Isnt that lovely.

She also said that they had decided that it wont be a topic for discussion at work unless I mention it and that it doesnt change anything especially as they have known for a while and I should see that nothing had changed.

Time for a coffee.

I feel elated, exhausted and just a bit tiddly.

RebeccaLynne
10-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Mirani, you've been given the green light. You just know they've all discussed this among themselves, and you're being invited to enjoy a special "girls night in". You absolutely can't pass it up. Have a wonderful time!

Sally24
10-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Congratulations! You work with quite fab bunch of women! Doesn't it feel great to be one of the girls?

JULIE33362
10-30-2007, 06:24 PM
That Is So Cool Good For You Know On Chirstmas You Will Get What You Want From Them Good Going

goofus
10-30-2007, 10:14 PM

Anyway - to the point.

I am not "out" at work tho' there has been some comments over my hair ("its in great condition") and some teasing comments ("You should have been a girl") ...

They have been planning the Christmas Party (subsidised at £50 a head by "the company") and wanted to do something different from the "usual"

So .. they told me tonight after drinks and eats, that they are planning a "Pamper Party" with copious wine and a takeaway and sleepover. Then showed me thisweb site.

The plan is a manicure, pedicure and a makeover ..... and then the question to me ..

I was being looked at by all of them - no giggling but all of them happy (or was it the wine)

I said "What makes you think I would enjoy that?" .. OMG what a stupid question.

Carlie replied "We have been wanting to say something for ages. You didnt see me, but I saw you out one night about 6 months ago. You had your hair down and you were wearing a silver grey top and a denim skirt and boots. I knew it was you especially when you swept your hair back. I wanted to tell you before, but didnt want to embarass you.
One of the others said, "We hope you dont mind - but we just wanted to say we love you and that's it really"

I didnt know what to say. I got hugs from all of them. Then one said "you can let your hair down now" ...

We had another drink and they asked permission to ask me questions (I said OK) and then there was a million questions (well a lot anyway).

I think most of us would *love* to be in your situation :)

Billijo49504
10-30-2007, 10:21 PM
It's just a guess, but I think after that, the Pamper Party is definately a GO!!!!BJ

Rachel Morley
10-30-2007, 10:23 PM
:OMG: is right! Absolutely awesome! Your work colleagues are outstandingly cool! :D I guess that's what you get when you work with a bunch of really great GGs. I'm really happy for you Mirani!

P.S. What kinds of questions did they want to ask you? ... sorry, but I'm curious :happy:

DianaGomez
10-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow, that is really cool!

Princess29
10-30-2007, 11:32 PM
you are definately one of the girls now, that's great Mirani.

Joy Carter
10-30-2007, 11:59 PM
God this is what I want ! :D

But at my age, I would be lucky to be asked into a "knitting circle." LoL :heehee:

Congrats There GIRL ! :hugs:

Shadeauxmarie
10-31-2007, 01:07 AM
Makes me want to cry. All right, LOTS of things make me want to cry these days.

Jazzmine
10-31-2007, 01:34 AM
Love your story Mirani, and like Rachel, I'd love to know the questions they all asked - please please tell!
Hugs Jazzmine

RachelDenise
10-31-2007, 04:54 AM
You are so lucky to work with such lovely ladies!!! I want to come to the Christmas party too!!!!!!!!!!

lisa_e_love
10-31-2007, 05:02 AM
Wow!

This would be my dream come true if I had a supportive group of female friends who invited me to a private girl's night. Go for it! You've got a ridiculously wonderful opportunity.

Shelly Preston
10-31-2007, 05:06 AM
Well you say nothing will change It might

You will be asked your opinion on anything the girls buy now :D

I hope you enjoy the pamper party now all you have to do is decide what to wear :eek:

Have fun you Lucky Girl :hugs:

Mitch23
10-31-2007, 05:56 AM
amazing - aren't girls wonderful!

Mitch

Kelsy
10-31-2007, 06:13 AM
Well isn't that wonderful!!!! That's all many of us have been longing for, just to be one of the girls!:happy: congrats

Kelsy:thumbsup:

Ðarissa
10-31-2007, 06:23 AM
Wow that is a great story and those girls are awesome! Go Mirani! :D :hugs:

Angie G
10-31-2007, 06:24 AM
Thats great Mirani you are a lucky girl hun :hugs:
Angie

Gisele
10-31-2007, 06:44 AM
That is so cool! It's got to be nice to be one of the girls now.:happy:

DarcyAnne
10-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Unbelievable! So like, I have recently redone my resume, are you in need of another employee?

MJ
10-31-2007, 07:38 AM
:OMG: is right! Absolutely awesome! Your work colleagues are outstandingly cool! :D I guess that's what you get when you work with a bunch of really great GGs. I'm really happy for you Mirani!

P.S. What kinds of questions did they want to ask you? ... sorry, but I'm curious :happy:

i would like to know as well ...
:yt:

but this opens up the possibility to go to work en femme ... after all they all know . the genie is out of the bottle now, you can't put her back

so what will you wear the pamper party ?

paulaN
10-31-2007, 07:43 AM
Wow talk about a life changing event. What a great bunch of coworker/friends you have.

rustynail
10-31-2007, 07:51 AM
You lucky beggar!!!!

Girly Sara
10-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Hey Mirani!

That's great news and no doubt a great weight off your girly shoulders! hehe

Like yourself, i've come out to my work colleagues (99% female) and they've been totally accepting. What a lovely feeling, huh?!

All the best, Mirani!

Sara x

Kris
10-31-2007, 09:01 AM

Anyway - to the point.

Congratulations love! How special! Now, if they could just rub off on the rest of the world and make them understand that cd's are something to be feared and it isn't going to rub off on them...

I love stories like this.

:hugs: Kris

And make use of your new girlfriends to hang out with!!

AmandaM
10-31-2007, 10:09 AM
OMG! You have girlfriends at work. Heck, you can even dress at work. You can be "one of them". Look out world!

GailTulane
10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Mirani, I am so deeply moved by the way your co-workers responded to their discovery about you. I hope that all of us find the love and friendship that you have.

silkandsatincd
10-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi Mirani,

You are very lucky to have great people to work with. Are you going to dress for work on casual Fridays, everyday or not sure yet? Now you have a group of potential friends to go out with, how great is that!

I'd like to know what questions they asked too, and how you responded and felt about it.

Eve

Mirani
10-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for all the lovely supporting messages. it is kind of you all.

I was last in (I think they MUST have had a discussion) and no mention of yesterday - except for a posey of flowers in a vase and a card saying "for Mirani x"

Today was an "ordinary" working day. I dont know if I was imagining it, but it seemed more "tactile" than usual. Hand on shoulder, touching an elbow as we talked .. that sort of thing.

There was no talk about yesterday. I am glad really. I dont want my crossdressing to become the focus of everything. But at the end of the day one of the girls said "Dont forget to take the flowers home for Mirani" :)

I will answer some of your questions or views.

I dont think I will go to work as Mirani. We have visiting clients and ... well .. I am not ready for that and as I am part-time CD rather than TG I dont feel the need to dress at work.

As for the girls questions:
Why do you dress?
How long for?
Do you feel trapped in the wrong body?
Is it sexual?
Do you buy your own clothes?
Who knows?
what size are you?
what do you use for boobs?
what would you do if a man came on to you?
Do you wear a nightie or PJ's?
Do you feel you are a different person?
How often do you dress up?

I just answered honestly - but they seemed very hungry to find out "stuff".

I dont want to push anything. So I will wait for them to mention the Christmas Do .. and of course I will go and enjoy it! :)

We have an "office meeting" first friday of each month at lunch time, so I wont be surprised if it gets a mention.

If you are interested I'll write a "blog" here as events evolve.

I feel good. I think its called "acceptance".

Violetgray
10-31-2007, 02:02 PM

Ahh, the A-word that is the Holy Grail of all transgendered people... We can't be there, so you'll just have to take extra enjoyment in it for he rest of us! :-)

Missy Anne
10-31-2007, 06:59 PM
I would love to read your blog. Keep us posted.

What a nice thing to have happen to you. You must be a very special person to them!

Missy Anne

dancinginthedark
10-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Aren't friends like that wonderful? So happy you have a happy ending or maybe it's just a being? :hugs:

dancin

Chiana
10-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow, that is really cool!

Yeah, what she said. Awesome. Have fun.

Kristen Marie
10-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Wouldn't be great if we could all somehow, pool our resources together and have a business where we earned the same pay as we do now, and be who we want to be. I can do most of my work without being in guy mode.

What a great story!! I am sooo jealous.

Mistybtm
10-31-2007, 08:27 PM
I would love to read your blog, One more question hare you hiring I would love to be one of the girls. :D

SandyR
10-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Enjoy!

Hugs.

SandyR

Mirani
11-01-2007, 02:55 PM
wooo - what a day.

Non-stop all day.

No reference to "Mirani" by anyone at all :) - we just got on with it all.
Have to say I love the atmosphere at work. We all just seem to recognise that when there is work to be done, we work till it is done. But when work is done we know how to sit back and kick off our shoes ;)

I am happy about that because I was a bit worried that "it" might become too big a thing and interfere with work processes or office dynamics.

But funnily enough I have come home these last two nights and "dressed nicely" for the evening - including doing my eyes (dont usually bother - I usually just put on a top and slacks).

I still have a feelgood factor :)

Now for a glass of Arneis ... mmmm

Cheers everyone :)

Tammygirl
11-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm looking forward to the questions these girls asked you.
I hope you were truthfull! It not always that people are so supportive of us "Girls" ( I use "" here to mean this group of girls Us) When I'm dressed I AM
a woman. I am fortunitive to have some friends who are this suportive!

PLEASE POST WHAT THEY ASK YOU WE ARE ALL WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH!!!!!

Love Ya Tammy

charllote34
11-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Thats a really great story and what good friends as well

Jilmac
11-01-2007, 03:27 PM
mirani, you are one lucky girl. i wish i could have come out to my co workers, but working in the building trades with all guys, it's quite difficult to even discuss a subject such as crossdressing, unless a person wants to be put down and rideculed. Jill

Tammygirl
11-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all the lovely supporting messages. it is kind of you all.

I was last in (I think they MUST have had a discussion) and no mention of yesterday - except for a posey of flowers in a vase and a card saying "for Mirani x"

Today was an "ordinary" working day. I dont know if I was imagining it, but it seemed more "tactile" than usual. Hand on shoulder, touching an elbow as we talked .. that sort of thing.

There was no talk about yesterday. I am glad really. I dont want my crossdressing to become the focus of everything. But at the end of the day one of the girls said "Dont forget to take the flowers home for Mirani" :)

I will answer some of your questions or views.

I dont think I will go to work as Mirani. We have visiting clients and ... well .. I am not ready for that and as I am part-time CD rather than TG I dont feel the need to dress at work.

As for the girls questions:
Why do you dress?
How long for?
Do you feel trapped in the wrong body?
Is it sexual?
Do you buy your own clothes?
Who knows?
what size are you?
what do you use for boobs?
what would you do if a man came on to you?
Do you wear a nightie or PJ's?
Do you feel you are a different person?
How often do you dress up?

I just answered honestly - but they seemed very hungry to find out "stuff".

I dont want to push anything. So I will wait for them to mention the Christmas Do .. and of course I will go and enjoy it! :)

We have an "office meeting" first friday of each month at lunch time, so I wont be surprised if it gets a mention.

If you are interested I'll write a "blog" here as events evolve.

Yes! That's Right Girl You've got It ACCEPTANCE That all we all want acceptance!! Love It Tammy

jonnie64
11-01-2007, 04:24 PM
What a great story! I'm sure most everyone here is jealous! Women are much more open minded than we give them credit for!

Mirani
11-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Office meeting today.

After usual "business" we came to "Any Other Business"

Sheila asked if she could make a suggestion. So In said, what? She said, "its my birthday next Thursday, so I thought it might be nice to go to the Thai restaurant to celebrate. Anyone fancy it?"

Debbie,"why dont you give Mirani a night out?"
Me, "who else is invited? Is it a "partner too" do?"
Sheila. "No, just us girls - we decided we wont tell our husbands/boyfriends unless you are OK with it"
Debbie, "It will break the ice for our Christmas do"
Me, "I would love to, but dont want he world to know who Mirani is, I am not ready for that.... are you sure about this"
Sheila, "Sorry *, we have already talked about it and we thought you might like a night out and this would be a good excuse. We arent ganging up on you, but to be honest we are all excited about it. Please say yes. We can pick you up and drop you off"

I REALLY wanted to. But found myself saying "Can I let you know on Monday?"

I suppose I am worried that once the cat is really out of the bag, where will it end? I so want to say yes, but something inside me is saying "be careful" - I am even doubtful about the wisdom of the Christmas party too.

I have a feeling that I might need to keep "Mirani" separate from the workplace.

Now feeling heavyhearted about it all.

Sounds like a dream, come true - could end up as a nightmare. I have always kept "Mirani" away from the other me. People who know Mirani dont know the other me. But not any more.
The excitement has been replaced by trepidation.

MJ
11-02-2007, 12:29 PM

Sounds like a dream, come true - could end up as a nightmare. I have always kept "Mirani" away from the other me. People who know Mirani dont know the other me. But not any more.

Mirani
There is nothing to FEAR you should do it your work mates know and you WILL regret this if you don't !!!
please don't let fear rule your life .. the girls want this to happen and are supportive of you ..
Mirani if you chicken out you will regret it .. just relax and go have fun with your friends who know about you and are understanding ..do you have any idea how many here would love to take your place in a heartbeat ?.
it's your fear talking ... just do it

JoAnnDallas
11-02-2007, 01:52 PM
If you worried about being out dressed, then don't worry. Your workmates WILL protect you. So go for it. Then when the christmas party comes around it will be a peice of cake. How better to blend in than with a bunch of GG's LOL

Shelly Preston
11-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi Mirani

This seems like a great opportunity to see how you feel being out with people who know

It will then give you the knowledge to decide if the Xmas party is a good idea

PaulaJeanette
11-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Mirani,

Oh, I bet you're on cloud nine and feel so relieved that you finally have others to share your feminine self with.

BUT

In reading your responses and relaying the gist of your conversations, I can't help wondering...

1. Are these ladies making Mirani their new play interest/toy? I can't wait to hear their reaction to your decision, especially, if you decide to keep your life as Mirani separate from your business.

2. What are the potential ramifications for your business relationship with each other, especially, since you are a partner and boss to these ladies?

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette

mollytyler
11-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Came out to my co-workers years ago...even though they already had sensed my issues....and i was lucky that it was total acceptance....management has been accepting recently and it was such a relief to allow myself to be open about my TS needs....I also had fears of coming out to co-workers and possibly them using it as a "weapon" but since it has been so open, that potential weapon is totally disarmed....lucky to be in a creative field of entertainment also, where my TS issues are a mere blip....I say explore and test Mirani with the girls as much as possible but do not let it become a wedge between Mirani and responsiblities of the workplace....ENJOY!!!!!!!

Julogden
11-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi Mirani,

That is absolutely the most beautiful thing I've ever read here. What a gift they've given you, they are real friends! You have truly been blessed.

I hope that it's just the beginning of many good things to come for you.

Carol

Melissa Davis
11-02-2007, 06:05 PM
at the end of the day one of the girls said "Dont forget to take the flowers home for Mirani"
Ok... After reading though all this, that brought a tear to my eye. How sweet! :happy:

As far as the dinner, I say go for it. Dress up and have a good time.

Sonia_cd
11-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Mirani, you are living all our collective dreams and hopes honey! I am so happy for you and that you found a comfortable accepting environment too! Have fun and enjoy the ride.

Hugs,
Sonia

CassieJ
11-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Congrats to you on your acceptance. People at work know I went CD for Halloween and have seen a few photos but I don't dare come out. Many people would be supportive but many would not. I work in a HUGE office and it may just be too disruptive.

I would embrace your opportunity and go have a good time.

Cassie

S. Lisa Smith
11-02-2007, 06:42 PM
It appears that they want to help you and support you. I think they are excited about finding out more about you and finding a new friend. You know them better than we do (of course), don't be afraid but be cautious. Take baby steps and have fun!

Violetgray
11-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Hmm... If it were me in this situation I'd be scared too, but excited.. Who knows, if you turn it down you might regret missing the opportunity later.....

AllieSF
11-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Congratulations Mirani. I know that we all want only the best for you and that we also do sometimes tend to live this side of ourselves through others successes. I say say listen to your gut feeling and do what you think is best. If everything is going to work out great in the future, you will have plenty of opportunities to go out with the girls from the office as Mirani. I would only suggest that you tell them your reasons and your desire to slow down the process in order to take small careful steps and not roaring leaps into the unknown. I think that they will begin to appreciate the potential complications as you answer their questions and develop a better repoire based on knowledge and understanding. Thay are accepting, but do they really understand the issues involved? Good luck with whatever you decide and thank you so much for sharing such a lovely and heartwarming part of your life.

Suzy Harrison
11-03-2007, 01:49 AM
This is such a wonderful story - I'm so happy for you.

You could have said that although you couldn't make it for the Chrismas party, you have a thousand friends from all over the world who could make it okay !

Also - let me know when you need to take on a thousand new employees ? :heehee:

PS: I guess it is all a bit daunting for you because you are moving into new territory - but with the 'risks' comes the great 'rewards' - go for it girl !

:hugs: Suzy

Mistybtm
11-03-2007, 06:52 AM
Mirani I Hate to be the only party pooper but instincs are there for a reason.
If that is what it is go with it, but if it is fear then the best way to get over it is to go and have fun and worry about the xmass after this outing you will get a better understanding were all this is going. :2c:.

Be carefull but don't let fear control you. :D
Mistybtm

Mirani
11-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and thoughts. Here are some responses to particular messages:

MJ
I think you do NOT understand my situation. It’s not FEAR – I see it as wisdom to consider a response – a bit like the maxim “Look before you leap!”
And it is a tad insulting to call it “chicken out”. It is not cowardice (thats the inference!).
We are programmed to sense and respond to possible danger –it can keep us alive! It’s called Risk Assessment. Benefits versus Losses.

I am not here to live out someone else’s fantasy and because “someone else may take my place in a heartbeat” – that is a foolish reason to do anything.

I am grateful for people taking the trouble to consider my position and make recommendations, however I feel your “encouragement” may be a bit of “fools rush in where wise men fear to tread”. So, I will not “Just do it”.

JoAnnD
Thanks
I have been “out” regularly for some time – its not the being “out” that concerns me. It is the mixing of “Mirani” me with the rest of my life. Mirani is separated elsewhere. Mirani friends don’t know my non-Mirani life and vice versa.

MollyT
Yes, it is the confusion of workplace and social which worries me.

Mistybtm
Yes, instincts are there for a reason :)

Thanks again one and all. I realise to some this is what we have dreamed of forever .. being "one of the girls". It is certainly one of my desires. But not at the cost of other important life needs.

I have been in the "Pink Fog" before and lost my way. I intend to think each step and I may well go out next Thursday and do the christmas thing.
BUT
I may not.

I hope my responses dont prevent you from continuing to offer your thoughts and ideas - as long as you dont mind me responding too.

S. Lisa Smith
11-03-2007, 07:59 AM
I can't recall who said it in one of the answers but I think that talking to them about your concerns with mixing your Mirani time and your work time would be beneficial. They will realize your concerns and perhaps offer suggestions. In my case, my secretary knows I am a CDer. Sometimes we talk about clothes and I show her my pictures, but work is work. My situation and relationship with her is different than yours, she has been my secretary for 16 years and a great working partner. I offer this only as a possible example of a positive outcome,however your situation is different than mine.

Littlej10
11-03-2007, 08:39 AM
You have a great bunch of friends and your situation is every girls dream and every girls dread when this kind of decision has to be made. A little like mixing romance and work. You are in this for life, your friends are obviously enjoying the novelty of the situation. You are wise to be cautious, talk to them in depth about your reservations and how they see your future work and leisure relations. I had a few working friends who were "in the know" but I never dressed at work and the knowledge never went beyoh=nd a small circle.
Good luck, I hope it all works out well now and for ever.
LoL.

Patty
11-03-2007, 09:39 AM
What a lucky girl you are to have that support-it is hard to say what I would do. Go with your feelings-small steps. :hugs:

Mitch23
11-03-2007, 10:12 AM
A belated congatulations Mirani and well done that you have thought through all the options and possibilities and are proceeding cautiously. You may remember my recent account of my 'girlie night out' at the theatre when i voluntarily outed myself to my work colleaugues but in a way that meant I could escape with dignity intact. I too have been proceeding gently and considering the risks since then. I am now treated very much as one of the girls and i don't need to dress up for that. In time it might be appropriate to go further in my work situation or it might not. we all have to judge these situations for ourselves

love

mitch

Mirani
11-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Just had a phone call from my business partner.

"I want you to know we all support you. I have had a feeling about you for a long time and you must know how much I respect you as a partner. I just want you to know how much we admire you."

I didnt know what to say.

She offered to meet me (Mirani) alone first if it would help.

I thought for a minute. I have known her for a long time. This was an extended hand of friendship. I have nothing to lose.
I told her I am going to a Trannie Friendly pub tomorrow for lunch. She is welcome to join me.

She said "what will you be wearing? So I can wear something that fits in"

I said, "blue capsleeved top, light grey slacks, blue two and a half inch heels"

She said "You know what I am looking forward to?"
Me, "Sunday Dinner?"
Her "No, ... going to the loo together" .. and laughed
Me "you know what I am looking forward to?"

Her "No"
Me "borrowing your lipstick"
Her "Cheeky moo!"

I feel very positive now.

MJ
11-03-2007, 06:21 PM
MJ
I think you do NOT understand my situation. It’s not FEAR – I see it as wisdom to consider a response – a bit like the maxim “Look before you leap!”
And it is a tad insulting to call it “chicken out”. It is not cowardice (thats the inference!).
We are programmed to sense and respond to possible danger –it can keep us alive! It’s called Risk Assessment. Benefits versus Losses.

I am not here to live out someone else’s fantasy and because “someone else may take my place in a heartbeat” – that is a foolish reason to do anything.

I am grateful for people taking the trouble to consider my position and make recommendations, however I feel your “encouragement” may be a bit of “fools rush in where wise men fear to tread”. So, I will not “Just do it”.
First of all please forgive me .. it was not my intension to insult you at all..

Risk Assessment. Benefits versus Losses. you have wonderful support from co workers and you say :-- I suppose I am worried that once the cat is really out of the bag, where will it end? I so want to say yes, but something inside me is saying "be careful" - I am even doubtful about the wisdom of the Christmas party too.

I have a feeling that I might need to keep "Mirani" separate from the workplace.

Sounds like a dream, come true - could end up as a nightmare. I have always kept "Mirani" away from the other me. People who know Mirani don't know the other me. But not any more.
sounds like FEAR to me and this :---
“fools rush in where wise men fear to tread
well Guess what buddy you outed yourself !!! you were seen you are busted
in my experience so far being full time is nothing but respect .. just like the girls at work are trying to do for you ... your secret is out .. what are you going to do *** kill all who know about you ***
sorry for trying to support you .. the damage is done you are out !!! enough said wake up and smell what you are shoveling

Mirani
11-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I suppose by posting on a public forum it means I have to accept negative as well as positive responses.

Just - I dont think "wake up and smell what you are shovelling" is necesary .. if it wasnt your intention to be insulting, you have a funny way of showing it.

I dont feel being called a chicken, (coward) is supportive .. still you have your view and I have mine. We will have to agree to differ.

Stephanie Anne
11-03-2007, 06:59 PM
That is a very wise thing to err on the side of caution.

I can only imagine the rush of feeling of being outed (in a good way), having something private be placed up front in your public life and having so many people now interested in you inner most secrets.

I could see if you want to transition this being something else but for someone not quite sure of the direction they want to go, I applaud you.

If it were me I would slowly incorporate my female self into my male life, but only to the level I felt comfortable.

Why not give it a shot and just let them know that you are very private about this and do not want it to be pushed in any way. If you feel like letting Mirani be your public persona then this would be an excellent way to transition into it.

And for the record I think you are one of the bravest people I can think of, the stress must have nearly made you faint! Holding back when I am sure your heart is racing to live a fantasy is very wise and for lack of a better word, very cool.

Mirani
11-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh no .. not brave at all.

but thanks :)

BarbaraTalbot
11-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Ahh, the A-word that is the Holy Grail of all transgendered people... We can't be there, so you'll just have to take extra enjoyment in it for he rest of us! :-)

Reasonable cautions not-withstanding, I would encourage you to savor this moment above.

Sure, the pink fog by its very nature can cloud judgment, but its presence itself isn't unpleasant.

You don't seem a fool, you don't seem to be rushing in.

Your co-workers (Employees? Partner?) may well be extraordinary people. Perhaps your gift was choosing well who you associate with. On the other hand, perhaps they looked inside you and found you to be worth knowing.

I can understand the possible difficulty of maintaining authority if the cat gets out of the bag...I fear that kitty has been set quite free.

You seem to have earned the respect in your male mode. It seems a bit unlikely (though admittedly not impossible) that a group of women as fine as they seem to be, would respect you any less for seeing your femme side which is as a strong woman. I don't in anyway see you hear as a caricature of a women so why would they?

I don't sense that they are viewing this experience as just a lark or a curiosity for light amusement. The reason I think this is how carefully they themselves (in apparently group discussion) have carefully allowed every step to be completely at your comfort level.

You are seeing the very real risks, it looks like they have had the same thoughts and are working to mitigate that.

whatever you decide, whatever your comfort level, it is very interesting to read about. Obviously our vicarious thrill is the least important factor here.

Mirani
11-04-2007, 03:45 AM
I am not fazed that a small close group of women talk together. Its what women do!

My business partner seems to have had suspicions for a while anyway.

I trust my colleague and staff - I can easily see that they would discuss it together before doing anything or talking to me. It isnt blabbing .. its life. People talk. Women seem to share much more than men.

Mirani
11-04-2007, 04:01 AM
Thanks for that Barbara
I'm "out" to my partner for lunch today .. so I suppose I have already made a decision there which will probably leak over into the other girls.

I am taking extra time to do my hair this morning! ;)

Melora
11-04-2007, 05:57 AM
Wow, All I can say due to the response you got both from your Girlfriends as well as the ones here too, is LUCKY YOU! hehe.. And bring some asperine too for the headaches.. :happy::drink:

MsJanessa
11-04-2007, 02:21 PM
you are incredibly lucky to be working with such a fine group of ladies--btw did you do the pamperyourself thing with them?

Mirani
11-04-2007, 02:39 PM
It was a long lunch.
She was there before me and there was a bottle of wine on the table and two glasses and she just said "Hello Mirani, nice to meet you at last"
We ordered our dinner (I didnt know if I could actually eat!).

She complimented me on my hair and said that it was the biggest giveaway. Although my manicured nails and trimmed eyebrows werent exactly saying nothing :)

Some of the staff have been with us over 4 years and comments have been made from time to time .. wondering if I was gay (not that it mattered) but that didnt make sense because they knew I had been in hetro relationships and had talked aboput fancying Felicity Kendal when she was in the Good Life (UK TV Show) and Drew Barrymore.

We were served our meal and spent the whole time just talking - work, children, news, shoes .... she didnt ask one intrusive question. We were just friend havind a meal.

We then went for a short walk (HER shoes were too tight! :)) and she invited me back to her flat for coffee (5 minute taxi ride but too far to hobble)

We had the coffee and she showed me an outfit she had bought to go to a wedding, shoes she had bought but never worn, and got me to try on a coat she has just got for winter (It was scrummy - I wanted to keep it :))

We had some more wine, (didnt get drunk) then I only went and fell asleep on her settee when she popped out for 5 minutes to get some more milk from a corner shop.

She let me doze. I must have been "out" for 45 minutes.

When I woke, she said, "that is the best compliment you could have paid me - you must feel comfortable" and I realised that I was.

We didnt talk about the birthday meal of the Christmas do.

More coffee and I called a taxi to take me home.

Been home for half an hour or so.

I have always been friends with my business partner - but this was different.

Now back to washing and ironing and the grind of running a home which has been a little neglected of late.

or I might just have a long lazy bath and watch TV.

I feel so "complete". Cant think of a better word. I was just Mirani. Girlfriend. Me.
It is a place that I dreamed of (Hell I sound like Judy Garland now!).

The only ironing I am doing tonight is what I need for tomorrow. then its bath, TV and bed :)

Genifer Teal
11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Good for you! Glad things are working out. May I reccomend the bath? Sounds nice.

Gen

TxKimberly
11-04-2007, 04:29 PM
OMG - how wonderful is THAT? My heart is in my throat just thinking of how cool that would be. Myself, even if I knew the folks that worked around me and with me knew and were OK with it, I still wouldn't go to work "dressed", but it would still be so liberating to know that you didn't have to hide yourself, your interests, your thoughts, etc, etc.
At the risk of sounding like a preacher, you have also clearly done something wonderful for TG's, whether that was your intent or not. These people clearly like and respect you, and now know that your are TG. Just by this example, the group of people in the world that now knows TG's are people and not freaks has just grown a little larger. Way to go! :-)

I 100% understand your trepidation expressed in later updates. What you have written implies that you are part of the management, and as such you have some responsibilities and concerns that all of us may not share. Everyone has their own styles of course, but as a general rule, being TOO friendly with those that work for you can present problems. I imagine that the whole crossdressing thing is not your only concern here, but part of bundle of concerns. How much can you allow it to be part of your work life, how much can you share of yourself with those that work for you, how friendly can you be with them, and probably a whole host of other concerns that haven't occur ed to me yet.
I agree with you - move slowly until your sure of your footing. If you move too fast and make decisions while your head is still spinning and your in a state of euphoria, you may have to live with the consequences for a long time.

Mirani
11-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Kimberley

Are you a long lost sister :)

You know me so well!!

Delilah
11-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Mirani that is wonderful. Sounds like a dream come true. Let us know
how the Pamper Party goes! Hopefully you will take pictures.

Delilah

beau
11-04-2007, 06:07 PM
why not have a party at your house where you feel the most comfortable?:love:

LoriFlores
11-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I think your experiences are wonderful. However, I understand your anxiety at how far to take this based on your position. I guess it depends on your specific field. What would happen if the whole world new about the full you? Could someone in the office use this information or pictures of events to get back at you for decisions you may have to make as a manager?

sissy_she_boy
11-04-2007, 07:07 PM
OMG, what a great way to get to come out to your co workers. That must have been a great feeling of relife to hear all the women that you work with say that to you.

kisses
sissy dana

BarbaraTalbot
11-04-2007, 09:09 PM
... she just said "Hello Mirani, nice to meet you at last"

.... she didn't ask one intrusive question. We were just friends having a meal.....

When I woke, she said, "that is the best compliment you could have paid me - you must feel comfortable" and I realised that I was.

I felt joy for you reading this. This gift of acceptance was obviously so sincerely given.

The sleeping thing struck a cord. I had a crush that I spent a lot of time with. She would pretend she didn't know how smitten I was, and I would pretend I thought she didn't know. The trust implied when she from time to time would fall asleep on my shoulder or the other end of the sofa watching a movie or in a group event of some sort felt really good.

docrobbysherry
11-04-2007, 11:36 PM
It was a long lunch.
She was there before me and there was a bottle of wine on the table and two glasses and she just said "Hello Mirani, nice to meet you at last"
We ordered our dinner (I didnt know if I could actually eat!).

She complimented me on my hair and said that it was the biggest giveaway. Although my manicured nails and trimmed eyebrows werent exactly saying nothing :)

Some of the staff have been with us over 4 years and comments have been made from time to time .. wondering if I was gay (not that it mattered) but that didnt make sense because they knew I had been in hetro relationships and had talked aboput fancying Felicity Kendal when she was in the Good Life (UK TV Show) and Drew Barrymore.

We were served our meal and spent the whole time just talking - work, children, news, shoes .... she didnt ask one intrusive question. We were just friend havind a meal.

We then went for a short walk (HER shoes were too tight! :)) and she invited me back to her flat for coffee (5 minute taxi ride but too far to hobble)

We had the coffee and she showed me an outfit she had bought to go to a wedding, shoes she had bought but never worn, and got me to try on a coat she has just got for winter (It was scrummy - I wanted to keep it :))

We had some more wine, (didnt get drunk) then I only went and fell asleep on her settee when she popped out for 5 minutes to get some more milk from a corner shop.

She let me doze. I must have been "out" for 45 minutes.

We didnt talk about the birthday meal of the Christmas do.

More coffee and I called a taxi to take me home.

Been home for half an hour or so.

I have always been friends with my business partner - but this was different.

Now back to washing and ironing and the grind of running a home which has been a little neglected of late.

or I might just have a long lazy bath and watch TV.

I feel so "complete". Cant think of a better word. I was just Mirani. Girlfriend. Me.
It is a place that I dreamed of (Hell I sound like Judy Garland now!).

The only ironing I am doing tonight is what I need for tomorrow. then its bath, TV and bed :)

I'm a pretty out of touch with my feminen side. Other than I sometimes get tears in my eyes during a happy ending in a movies. And this post did the same thing to me. It sounded like a fairytale ending to me! Thank u so much for sharing it!
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

InHerShoes
11-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Great story! I agree with the above comments. What did everyone ask?

kerrianna
11-05-2007, 12:19 AM
From reading this start to finish for the first time Mirani, I'd have to conclude two things:

1. You have great people working with and for you.

2. They genuinely care about you and think you are a great person too. (which you must be :happy:)

It's that underpinning of trust and respect which you obviously have built that makes it possible for Mirani to be a part of their world, even if it might seem like you are risking that good working relationship. I get the feeling you are not ...because of the things I mentioned above.

Have fun Mirani. :hugs::love:

Mirani
11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
What a day !

Mondays is Goal Setting Day.

We all take 15 minutes (phones set to ansaphone) to consider what we want to achieve this week.
What may prevent us from achieving?
What we can do about it?
What support we need.
Then we share our goals and see how we can help each other or at least not get in the way!)
Phones back on, call back any messages and off we go!
It is alway invigorating. :)

At lunch time I was asked about the Birthday meal.
I said "yes .... what are we wearing? I dont want to stand out!"
They laughed and we decide to be "smart casual" ..

Then the subject was dropped and back to work!

Well, no one said anything, but it was permanently on my mind all afternoon. I have to admit to some "concentration" problems ... woops!

big smiles here!

TxKimberly
11-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Mirani,
You know what - put cross dressing aside, put being TG aside, your office sounds like a great place to work. Can I come work for you? I'm VERY good with anything dealing with PC's and software, to include writing my own code and macros. I can automate just about anything your doing with MS Excel or Word.
I'm low maintenance, and if I complain, I do it WHILE I work instead of sitting idle while I complain.
I'd be an asset - I promise!
Just teasing, I love my job, but your office DOES sound like a fine place to be. :-)

Mirani
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
there is a VERY low turnover of staff.

We try to make them feel they are valued (because they ARE). pay fairly and include the staff in processes which affect them. They seem to like working with us anyway
:D

Sorry Kimberly = you are way to pretty to work here :hugs:

Mirani
11-07-2007, 04:16 PM
The girls were productive but cheeky today - in a nice way.
They all turned up "in uniform". White blouse, black skirt, seemed nylons and heels.
It did make me laugh especially when I was asked "bet you are jealous!?" (oh I WAS!)

But they did work hard today, although I think we all enjoyed the frisson in the air.
There is undeniably a different feel to the office .. probably because we are sharing a secret .. but thats just my take on it.

Near end of play today I was asked what I was going to wear tomorrow night.
All I said was "Heels" and we all had a laugh.

I am now wondering what to wear with my boots (3" heels) ..
I hope I have the strength tomorrow NOT to go shopping!
:cheers:

TxKimberly
11-07-2007, 04:55 PM
You are just KILLING me! This sounds so neat it could be one of the fictional stories you find on the internet. It is great that things are working out so well for you Mirani

Mirani
11-07-2007, 05:03 PM
not fiction Hunny!

Thai Meal tomorrow!

Marlena-4now
11-08-2007, 04:17 AM
Wow Mirani, what a wonderful development ! Your partner seems ultra cool and so considerate. I think it must be a great feeling to be able to open up about your Mirani side to her and be so accepted with out a trace of judgment or disapproval. It also must have been terribly nerve racking when you first learned that your cloak of secrecy had been stripped away ! I hope you feel more relaxed now about your employees knowing about Mirani. They seem to be super open minded people also. I know you were down in the dumps a couple weeks ago from your previous "rollercoaster" thread. Hopefully the reassurance and acceptance of your colleagues at work has you feeling better ? Anyhow thanks so much for sharing your experience with all of us. I really enjoyed experiencing it along with you, albeit vicariously.

Mirani
11-08-2007, 12:47 PM
work was back to normal. The only reference to tonight was "see you later" and fixing a time to be picked up.

:happy: So now ... just getting ready for tonight!

A mixture of "at last" .. "what am I opening up?" .. "what next?" but certainly looking forward to it .. though the weather is awful.

I'm glad I decided on boots :happy:

Thai will be great as it means I can pick at bits and pieces - my stomach is turning over at the moment.

I'll post an update later .. I hope.

Rachel1967
11-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi Mirani,

Hope you have a great night with the girls. :thumbsup::dance:

Lucy Bright
11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
I've had some great Thai in Brighton, Mirani, but I envy you! Hope you're having a good time...

Kisses,

Lucy

silkandsatincd
11-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi Mirani,

I have been following these developement from the beginning, I am so proud of you for handling your situation with class! I think you have a supportive enviroment that will accept you to whatever degree you choose and I don't blame you for taking it slow and thinking ahead to avoid potential issues. My situation is such that I don't have the environment to do what you're doing, but I very much enjoy hearing about how your situation evolves. Best Wishes!

Mirani
11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Feeling just great.

My "driver" just left .. came in for a coffee after bringing me home.

It was lovely to get my boots off ............

We made a fuss of the birthday girl (clubbed together and gave her a beauty therapy token).

Isnt it great to go to the loo together ... I felt like a naughty school girl ... chatting cubicle to cubicle ..

No questions about why I like to dress - just "ordinary" converstaions .. tho men did come in for some slating! .. and I joined in ...

Oh I did get a question .. "what lipstick are you wearing .. can I have some?"

The evening ended with hugs and "we must do this again"

I hate this next bit.

Taking off my makeup .. I dont know why but it always sucks.

I have Egyptian Cotton sheets .. I will be snuggled up soon.

Violetgray
11-09-2007, 02:02 AM
tho men did come in for some slating! .. and I joined in ...

For those of us across the pond, what is slating?

Mirani
11-09-2007, 02:54 AM
slating = the opposite of praise! ... criticism ...

charllote34
11-09-2007, 02:56 AM
woman arent daft , sorry ladies the man bit of me is laughing !! :heehee:

Marianna Julianna
11-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Oh bless them, wish I knew such girls.

Carin
11-09-2007, 04:12 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Standing ovation)

Denise Barrett
11-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Hi Mirani.

If envy is one of the 7 deadly sins, I'm dead. Your life is my fairytale come true. Congrats.

Love ya.
Denise Barrett

Mirani
11-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I am SO tired. All the emotional energy I have uaed up has left me wiped out.

A full and busy day with passing references to yesterday every now and again - but we got on with our work, tho' there was a definite lightness.

I have come home, painted my nails, brushed my hair, put on some lippy and wearing slacks and a top.

Drinking a glass of red and cooking a spaghetti bolgnaise (enough for tomorrow too).

I am going to lay out some candles in the bathroom and have a long lazing bath after supper. Then put on my PJ's and snuggle up on the sofa and watch some TV. Probably with another glass of red.

Not sure what to do tomorrow, but feel like staying femme, tho not sure whether I wil go out.

Mirani
11-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Just had a phone call from Mandy (thats my business partner)

"Fancy going shopping tomorrow? I need some new boots."

Me "Who are you asking?"

Mandy "Dont mind, up to you, whatever you like. We can do some shopping and have a coffee. If you want to try things on, you had better be Mirani tho."

Me "I'll come shopping, that will be nice, but can I make my mind up tomorrow?"
Mandy "No probs"

Actually, I think I have decided already. I hate turning down any chances so its sensible shoes tomorrow. :)

I have dreamt of this - I moved to Brighton 6 years ago because of its "Rainbow" community. I have been to quite a few Trannie friendly pubs/clubs and restaurants, but not really integrated as Mirani into "ordinary" life.

I am going to text Mandy to tell her that her girlfriend is coming tomorrow!

I'll never sleep tonight.

RebeccaLynne
11-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Didn't take any arm-twisting by Mandy to convince you, did it, Mirani? Of course not! No girl in her right mind could pass up such an enticing offer. Time to reap the benefits of your partner's acceptance. All of us should be so lucky!
Of course you must go as Mirani. You wouldn't want her to have to try on clothes all by herself now, right?
And I really think you should treat her to lunch in appreciation.
Next time's on her!:D

Mirani
11-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Just had a text back "Good Girl, wear something easy to take off and put on, we might be some time in the changing rooms, C U tomorrow xx"

OMG .. I have never done the "changing room" thing .. I hope I dont drop my boobs on the floor!!!!!!

Now I certainly wont sleep tonight.

myhubbycrosdressesGG
11-09-2007, 08:30 PM
LOL i have known that my DH has CDed for a long time... i would see eyeliner and mention it he whould tell me it was dirt lol. i finally told him that i wasnt stupid.. and that i dont mind at all.... at least i know where my clothes are going !!(we wear the same sizes lol) now i paint his nails (fingers and toes both) and he does mine! :) kudos to your gal pals!

Mirani
11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Its 1.40am .. I knew I wouldnt be able to sleep!

Women Rule! :thumbsup:

BarbaraTalbot
11-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Its 1.40am .. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep!
...thats what concealer was invented for...:)

Get some sleep or you will possibly quite literally shop till you drop tomorrow.

Shopping with a GG for cover is great. The biggest problem I have with shopping with Dee is I forget to be discreet..I yell over two aisles when she holds up a skirt or something..."No, I have one like that already!"

pamela_a
11-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Mirani, all I can say is don't click your heels together or you may find yourself somewhere other than Oz.

As others have said, you're living the dream many of us have. It appears the trepidation you felt earlier has passed, or at least lessened. I trust things continue to go well for you.

-Paula-

Mirani
11-10-2007, 04:07 AM
Two chukkie eggs for breakfast and I am starting my "getting ready" processes.

I'm glad I did my nails last night.

Have to be "out" by 11. Mandy is coming to collect me.

I am actually feeling quite calm (to my surprise).

Catch you later.

Melissa Davis
11-10-2007, 04:17 AM
Can't wait to hear the report and what you came home with. You are too cute Mirani :happy:

Sonia_cd
11-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Mirani, the adventures seem to get better and better. I regularly check your posts on this thread. Touches me everytime I read of such accepting girls and all the fun you are having without in any way affecting your working relationships.

:hugs:

Genifer Teal
11-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I want to say congrats and such. I'm happy for you that it is going so well. More than that I want to say,

"THANK YOU FOR SHARING!"

Hugs - Genifer

MJ
11-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Public apology to Marani

I wish to apologize to Marani for calling her a chicken and in my latter reply my feelings were hurt i felt chastised for supporting you . And i was upset that it wasn't taken the correct way and reacted without thinking.......

Marani i would never call anyone a coward and i am sorry you relate chicken with cowardice's

i am happy everything is working out for you . i do wish you the very best

Lucy Bright
11-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I too am eating heartily at the envy-fest. Please be having a good time -it's so good to think that something like this can actually happen! :hugs:

TxKimberly
11-10-2007, 11:25 PM
The adventures of Mirani! Has sort of a nice ring to it doesn't it?

Glenda
11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Mirani, this is a wonderful story. To be honest, it took me several days to decide to read this thread because of the title. I'm so glad I did. Once I started I couldn't stop. As Kimberly said, you are doing wonderful things for the TG community. I don't mean by beating drums or attracting attention. I mean just by being accepted by your friends and coworkers.

It also gives members here hope that we can all be accepted. A similar thing happened to me several years ago. A group of (girl) friends decided they wanted to take me out on my birthday. With their encouragement, I accepted. It was a life changing event for me. It gave me freedom. Things have never been the same since that night. I am free to be who I choose. It sounds like you're keeping your heels planted firmly on the ground. I know it was a wise and liberating choice.

Mirani
11-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Neat weekend
Not sure where to start ... we were out for 4 hours ..... shoes, bras,skirts, dresses ... Mandy took me in hand and it was like having a personal shopper.

We spent ages in Debemhams and then Next .. OMG .. Next have SO many stunning clothes.
This is what I bought
http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/goingout/25/4

I tried on so many shoes ... but I was very good and didnt buy any. At about 3pm we were ready to drop.

We have known each other for years but never before spent time together like this. I havent laughed so much in ages. I dont have a girly laugh and when I got stuck in a dress (way too small) in Debenhams, I am afraid that my manly guffaws gave me away all to easily.

Mandy suggested that we go to The Candy Bar that night - I wasnt too sure as it is a Lesbian club and I wouldnt want to offend anyone - perhaps another night.

I had to go home as I had lots of things to do. She came in for a "quick" coffee and stayed for 2 hours. !!!!! I was perhaps to blame as I showed her my wardrobe.

I got a text later thanking ME for a fun day. I should have been thanking her.

Today I went horseriding (male mode) had lunch on my own, and stripped my bedroom on an impulse. Broke one nail. Then out to the launderette to dry my washing (bed clothes).

I fell asleep wathing TV and now cant get to sleep.

Here's to tomorrow.
G'dnight.

Sonia_cd
11-12-2007, 12:25 AM
MIrani, that dress looks absolutely wonderful and probably feels even better to wear. Now you are going to have to wear it on the next girls night out, aren't you? :happy:

I'm so happy for you!! Your joy and thrill at being accepted in toto is more than evident in your posts and you manage to put a smile on my face with every post you make. Take care and keep us posted hun...thanks for sharing :hugs:

Sonia

Mitch23
11-12-2007, 10:55 AM
It's been brill following your adventures - what a star you are and what great friends. I would love to have a real girl to go shopping with (sigh) - must be so much fun. And I agree, Next have got some fab clothes at the moment - I could (and do) spend a fortune there!

mitch

Mirani
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM
I cant believe I am logging in from work! I hope the boss doesnt catch me ... oh yes

I am the boss :)

Goal setting day .. seems we are doing Ok as its getting harder for the girls to think what might get in the way of success.

I have asked them to identify a development need. - what extra knowledge or skills would they like to have? It will be interesting what they come up with.

They have been as good as their word and not mentioned my crossdressing and although we share this "secret" it is not getting in the way of our working relatiobship. But there is an underlying bit of teasing going on.

They told me it is "Fabulous Fuschia" day tomorrow.. It turns out it is a nail polish colour!

Have to say I am sorely tempted to join in .. mmm making sure I have my remover pads with me .. just in case!
Mandy was out of the office today.

Genifer Teal
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
What brand is Fabulous Fuschia? I want to join in too!

Thanks for the continuous updates. They are so much fun.

Gen

Mirani
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I am typing this still in the office.
I think the Fuschia is a Boots No17 product in the UK.

So at 10 o'clock Mandy says "Cant have you the odd one out" ... and not too reluctantly I sat down and had my nails painted ... to a round of applause!

We werent expecting any visitors to the office, but I had a pot of removal pads of just in case!

After the 5 minute distraction we got on with work. Except Carlie .. she thought it was most unfair that my nails were better than hers :) tho in all honesty I was very distracted as I kept looking at my nails throughout the rest of the day. My mind was in two places "I ought to take it off now" ... and "I like this, it feels good" .. I am still wearing it tho I have to go shopping after work ...

After the girls had gone, Mandy and I sat down to discuss work issues, particularly that we need to seriously think about moving to bigger offices when our lease runs out early next year. It was a time to consider a feasability study. We decided to diarise some time to brainstorm it.

Then she surprised me saying "When I was out yesterday I had a mooch around the shops at lunch time" and gave me a bottle of Agent Provocateur saying "Hope you dont mind, but I think this is SO you" ....

I didnt know what to say, gave her a peck on the cheek and I do believe I blushed.

Then she said, "Got to go - hope we can do a Saurday again soon - it was fun". and off she went.

We have been friends tho never really socialised together other than work related socials. This is a new dimension after so many years. We have both had committed relationships, so that had some influence I suppose.

I am sitting here now just thinking about what has just happened.

Thanks every one for the kind words and support. This is a bit like having someone to talk to. I dont really have anyone to share with and its just good to express things. I expect you understand where I am coming from.

Shelly Preston
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi Mirani

You certainly have some wonderful people in your organsation

I dont know how you cope with all that fun :)

feminineandproud
11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Wow thats so amazing! I hope I will be able to work with a bunch of girls like that... where do you work?

Genifer Teal
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/product_details_brand_treatment.jsp?productid=1065 059&classificationid=1037321

That is the best link I could find. No Fabulous Fuschia. I'ts not that important. Just thought I'd check out the color.

I have only begun to know you through this thread. At first your reaction seemed so guarded and proper. Then you proceeded in careful little steps that seemed to be well thought out every inch of the way. Now we see a tiny bit of uncertainty as you expose some of your inner self to us. This is a lot to deal with (as it should be). Thanks for trusting and confiding in us. We are here to give you all the support you need.

I also have to say, that is a huge smile in you picture. I hear it in everything you write. I can only imagine you being a very happy person.

Hugs - Genifer

Mirani
11-13-2007, 08:29 PM
http://www.boots.com/shop/product_enlarge.jsp?productid=1080859&classificationid=1047052&slmRefer=000&swatchid=10061565006&imageid=7

Genifer Teal
11-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Cute color. I have something similar. I'll think of you next time I wear it. Maybe we can create a new color - Mirani Mango. That has possibilities.

Hugs - Gen

Mirani
11-14-2007, 12:56 PM
I took off my nail polish lat night before going shopping. Seemed sensible tho I would have loved to have kept it on.

I am still in my office, everyone else has gone.
Mandy was only in for the morning. We were in first (8am) as usual. Checking emails and looking at outstanding debts (due in) and sorting time for a meeting about moving.
We have a lovely coffee machine .. put in coffee beans and it grinds and makes soooopa coffee :) She made me one and brought it to my desk "Glad to see you are wearing the Agent P .. its lovely isnt it?

Hell, I blushed again .. I cant believe it - I havent blushed for years, Whats going on? I said "Yes, I love it, I hope it isnt overpowering" she said, "No, it just right - thanks for wearing it"

I asked her why she bought it for me as we never do presents other than birthdays and christmas. She just said she didnt know - it was an imnpulse and hoped I wasnt offended (of course not).
She said "This is difficult, we have known each other a long time, but I would like to get to really know you." I asked what she meant.
She explained that she just felt we get on so well why shouldnt we see if we could enjoy social time - like going to the cinema or theatre, or a meal.
I asked "As Mirani?" she said she didnt mind but actually felt really comfortable with Mirani and wanted to get to know "her".

I said, but it is just me in a dress. She said, "No it isnt. You are different. Quieter, sweet. Believe me - you are VERY different." I didnt know what to say next as it sort of got to me.

Then the girls started to arrive so we had to cut short our conversation.

We are in the same office, but a bit later she emailed me "Sorry, didnt mean to make you uncomnfortable. I hope we can carry on as normal, but I also hope we can continue our chat. M x"

I have been a bit off centre all day. I dont think I will "change" when I get home. I havent been to the gym for a few weeks, so I might just go tonight.

Cant be bothered to cook either - I think I will get a Gastropub meal from M and S to have after the gym.

This stuff with Mandy is confusing me. We will need to talk some more. I hope it doesnt get in the way of our business partnership.

I have decided to see if I can get an "On Site massage Therapist" to visit the office some time soon for some Indian Head massage for us all. We have been working full tilt and I think the girls will enjoy it and feel valued.
A 3 hour visit is about £100 ($50) and tax deductable!
I love Indian Head Massage - I expect they will too.

Genifer Teal
11-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Wow! When she gave you the gift, I considered it might have some meaning to it (only for a split second). This could be a wonderful thing. The business connection makes it difficult. There is nothing I can say. You have to trust what you feel inside.

I like how she noticed you act different as Mirani. I know I act different too (as Gen). I wonder how much different. I never had somone to compare the two.

Whatever you decide and whatever the result, it is much better on this side of the fence than for her not to like Mirani and for things to have gotten worse after she found out.

Hugs - Genifer

Mirani
11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Usual start to the day.
Me, Mandy and coffee.
I decided to wear my AP again .. Mandy noticed.

"are we OK?" I asked what she meant.
"Well, have I overstepped the mark?"
I said I am OK.
"Look, I feel we need to talk. I do anyway. Not work stuff. Will you come for dinner tonight?"

It would have been rude to say no.

"You can come as you are , of if you prefer you can dress up"
I said "ok" and much to my embarassment found myself with a burning face - whats with all this blushing???

So, its dinner with Mandy .. I dont think I will dress. I will get too hung up on what to wear and "looking right".

This sure is playing on my mind. I have not been 100% focussed on work -not even 75% probably. I have been running scenarios through my mind .. the "what if ...?" scenarios.

I sense she is going to ask me if we can be more than business partners. I dont know what I want. I am so confused.

I have always seen her just as a friend. What if she wants more than that?
I must watch what I drink.

Lucy Bright
11-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi Mirani

I hope this isn't too nosy - I don't want to abuse your generosity in sharing your experiences by being prurient. But is Mandy a lesbian? (I ask because she suggested you go to a lesbian bar.) If so, might it be that she's attracted to you as Mirani, rather than as your male self? Not that things are ever quite that clear-cut, I guess - perhaps it's rather (or also) that seeing you as Mirani has made her notice for the first time things that were always there - but I can't help wondering.

Good luck, either way - you've got a lot of people wishing the best for you.

Kisses,

Lucy

Victoria Anne
11-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Hello Mirani , I have just found this thread and I am sohappy for you and a bit jealous. It does sound as though you have such a wonderful group of ladies there , Mandy sounds wonderful but I would exercise some bit of caution , you know what they say about buisiness and friends , it would be truely sad if the friendship was soiled . I have truely enjoyed reading of your experiences and do hope you will continue to report your progress. Good luck dear.:hugs:

Viccy

Mirani
11-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Back home and sober .. just the one glass of wine and lots of coffee.

the short version is Mandy put her cards on the table.

"I really like you and want to know if you like me in the same way", as I had thought about this I wasnt taken by surprise.

I just told her that I was concerned on two levels.

if we "started something" and it didnt work out, how damaging would that be to our business?

am I attracted by the opportunities to let my "feminine side" live out a life, or by her for herself? It is difficult to know. The thought that I could have a relationship where my dressing wasnt just tolerated, but enjoyed is very intoxicating. Almost irrrisistable. My "Holy Grail".

We chatted for ages about everything. We agreed that our new found "friendship" should be allowed to take its course. It may seem silly, but we talked about sexual attraction. My suggestion was that we wont "go sexual" - we will just spend time in company with one another.

She is keen that I am free to dress anyway I like, tho she is hopeful that a large slice of time will be "Mirani time" as she feels close to Mirani and wants to be close. Feels like she wants to ake me out.

Then she asked if she could brush my hair .. and we chatted some more. When I left she gave me a kiss (Not full pash!). We will go to the cinema on Saturday and for something to eat - another "girlfriend" time.

I am still concerned, but what the heck .. if we do nothing then nothing will be the result.
If we take a risk, we could win or lose - but there is a chance of winning .. and who knows eh???

simonep
11-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Mirani

I havent posted anything in a very long time, but you have got me going.

Your tale seems to be so positive I would say good luck to you. Of course there are risks to anything in life but finding someone with similar interests, who accepts you for what you are can be so difficult, it is always necesaary to explore it.

So well done with where you have come and the best of luck as you explore this relationship. Take care!

Lots of love

Simonep:hugs:

Genifer Teal
11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
If we take a risk, we could win or lose - but there is a chance of winning .. and who knows eh???

Good for you! Slow and steady wins the race. I think you summed it up best with the line above. As for which side of you she likes better, I would think of it as she likes all of you. I must point out that she did mention you act different as Mirani. It seems she likes how Mirani acts. This is just an observation.

Hugs - Gen

Mirani
11-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Another day, another dollar.

A REALLY hectic working day. Everyone working at full tilt. So busy that it was just like it ever was ..

Mandy was out for most of the day so we didnt have any "moments". I am glad really.

Since coming home I have poured myself a BIG glass of Arneis to have with some M & S paella.
Had a bath and shaved, and now in my PJ's with a final glass of Arneis (you REALLY must try it .. its soooopa :)

Have put on an undercoat and first coat of nail polish .. second coat in a minute or so. I have decided that it will be a full Mirani day tomorrow. Tho it does spoil it that I will need to have another shave before going out in the evening .. sort of spoils the feel of a femme day.
I am looking forward to tomorrow. I am going to let Mandy "direct" the day .. she seems to like taking the lead and to be honest I rather like being lazy and going with the flow.

Telephone is ringing ...

Mirani
11-16-2007, 04:52 PM
A quick call from Mandy ..

"When you are Mirani, I would like to be called Amanda"

I had to ask why ....

"I just want to be Amanda when you are Mirani - a bit like you want to be Mirani when you are dressed and not Steve"

Well - cant say its a problem ... but I hope I can remember to say Amanda ...

and apart from "see you tomorrow" -that was it.

Mirani
11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
oh .. and thanks every one who has PM'd me or added your thoughts/views here.

Genifer Teal
11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
she seems to like taking the lead and to be honest I rather like being lazy and going with the flow.

I like women like that too. Have fun tomorrow!

Hugs - Genifer

Mirani
11-17-2007, 03:04 AM
Up early ... it is cold outside ... so, it looks like jeans, boots and chunky jumper today. I will text "Amanda" (I hope I remember not to call her Mandy) and ask what she thinks.

I have a natural high ... lots of endorphins racing around my brain.

I am looking forward to washing and drying my hair (usually see it as a chore)

Mirani
11-17-2007, 03:58 AM
Just had a call in response to my text.
Having seen my wardrobe she has suggested that I swap the jeans for opaque tights and a skirt that she thinks will look nice (then described the one!).

I bought them from Debenhams and they havent been out yet. (I cropped the pic from their web site so you can see the outfit).

Shelly Preston
11-17-2007, 04:04 AM
Hi Mirani

I think the jumper looks great and the stlye of skirt is fine but it looks a bit long for daytime use

I hope you have a wonderful day with Amanda :hugs:

Mirani
11-17-2007, 04:11 AM
the skirt is mid calf .. my photo-editing isnt too good so the proportionate size is a bit skewed!

And its freezing out there! :)

Mitch23
11-17-2007, 07:38 AM
sometimes things happen in life and you just have to go with the flow and see where it leads. Otherwise you will look back and ask yourself 'what if' for the rest of your life. You just have to be prepared for the worst and the best possible outcome

mitch

Michelle I
11-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi Mirani:

I have been following this link and think it is great :happy:. That outfit is so cute, it will look great on you. Forget about the cold, it's something we do for fashion. Have fun.

Melissa

Tiffany Leigh
11-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I think what's happening to you is great, just hope that you dont let your gaurd down to soon, I understand your earlier concerns and you are right-fully so. This could be a detrimental situation, it could also be the best thing that has ever happened to you. Good luck and keep good sense!

Love,

Tiffany

Elizabeth Ann
11-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Mirani,

Like many others, I want to thank you for allowing us to vicariously share your adventure.

Your Mandy’s request to be called Amada surprised me. But I have been thinking about names recently, for an unrelated reason, and have decided that Shakespeare didn’t have it exactly right (a rose by any other name . . . ). Words, and names, do count. For example, when I came to this forum, I picked Elizabeth as a log in name simply because I needed one. I have been a bit surprised that Elizabeth now seems to actually have an identity, a life that I can imagine when I want.

In your case, I can only guess what is going on. But aside from the fact that Amanda sounds (at least to American ears) more sophisticated and sexy than Mandy, perhaps this is part of an attempt to establish a new identity specifically to forge a new relationship with a person she has both known and not known.

She seems to want a relationship with Mirani that is separate from her relationship with your male persona. It would be fascinating to know (there is that vicarious voyeurism again) why, and whether it is conscious or not. Perhaps it is her way of preserving the business relationship you have, or she wants to help you see her in a new light, or it helps her to behave differently than Mandy would.

Of course, it could just be that she has always wanted to be called Amanda.

In any event, thank you again for sharing this wonderful story.

Elizabeth

Sonia_cd
11-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Everything that has been said so far + my 2 cents which would be to simply enjoy the ride. You have no idea which way it will go. Your concerns over its impact on your working relationship is relevant and completely justified. You are the best one to take a call on what ranks higher in your list of priorities sweetie...and that only after you have figured out why you want to explore this relationship. With those words I shall stop dishing out advice and start telling you how jealous I am and how insanely happy I am for you at the same time. I am keeping my fingers crossed and really hope this works out in the best possible way for you :hugs:

Again, thanks for sharing and do keep us posted darling...your blog puts a smile on my face every time I read it :happy:

Sonia

Tiffany Leigh
11-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Everything that has been said so far + my 2 cents which would be to simply enjoy the ride. You have no idea which way it will go. Your concerns over its impact on your working relationship is relevant and completely justified. You are the best one to take a call on what ranks higher in your list of priorities sweetie...and that only after you have figured out why you want to explore this relationship. With those words I shall stop dishing out advice and start telling you how jealous I am and how insanely happy I am for you at the same time. I am keeping my fingers crossed and really hope this works out in the best possible way for you :hugs:

Again, thanks for sharing and do keep us posted darling...your blog puts a smile on my face every time I read it :happy:

Sonia

:^5:

Mirani
11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Sorry for the delay (I have had a few PMs asking for an update) .. But a combination of computer problems and just being busy has delayed my blog entry.

Firstly the weekend. It was all and more. Amanda loved my outfit and my hair and greeted me warmly. She had mapped out the day. Shopping, coffee, shopping, light lunch, shopping ….. Back home to freshen up (a nice way of realising I would need to shave :sad:) then a meal followed by the cinema (Ratatouille) and then a few drinks at a bar. .. Not a lot then … !!

We tried on lots of clothes – mostly Amanda selected them and brought them to the changing room. I think I must have tried on over a dozen outfits. We had too much coffee (and a glass of wine at lunchtime) so there were rather a lot of trips to the loo.

I got the occasional “second look” but we were sensitive. I didn’t talk too much as my voice isn’t very femme, but I can just about get away with being out I think because its my real hair and I am not too tall / wide / or “manly” … tho I did sense a couple of sales assistants “made me” but because Amanda was “supervising” it seemed to oil the wheels. She tried on some stuff to and asked me for my opinion.
I ended up not buying anything! But what a buzz to try on some really classy stuff .. way too expensive but felt wonderful. I love Per Una (in M and S .. not S and M!) it’s not cheap but not outrageous either. They had some pretty dresses.
Whilst I was changing she bought a couple of things.

We went back to Amanda’s and I “de-Miranied”, had a shower and shave and put my makeup on for a night out. I was over an hour and a half !! Amanda gave me her black satin robe to wear whilst I was “refreshing”.

After I had done my makeup, she gave me a shopping bag … inside was one of the dresses I had tried on .. and had said how much I loved it! http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B000VZ9A8M/ref=pd_sbs_1?ie=UTF8&mnSBrand=core

She asked me to wear it that night to go out in. How could I refuse!
We went for some noodles then on to see Ratatouille .. (which is fantastic). Why is there always such a long queue at the Ladies WC ?????
Then we went for a couple of glasses of wine before going back to her house. We talked a lot about the day and the reactions of people around us. I stayed the night, but didn’t have any sexual contact. I didn’t make a move and neither did she.
On Sunday morning Amanda asked me why I didn’t "do anything". I just said that I didn’t want to do "the guy thing" as I didn’t want to break the feeling of being Mirani. She just said "OK".

We spent Sunday together. It is very comfortable with her. She did tease me tho when I was making a second carafe of coffee “I could get used to having a maid”

Monday – the girls asked about the weekend – standard Monday chatter. We decided it would be ridiculous to have to make up cover stories or lie (besides, sometimes Brighton is a small town!). Sheila started so hum the wedding march and Debbie said that the Wedding shop would think they had hit the jackpot .. two wedding dresses.

I looked my sternest and ordered them back to work. If I hear anyone hum the wedding march again I will scream !!! :swear:
I am quite excited and at the same time not sure where this is leading. I am cooking her meal on Wednesday.

It’s a good job work is busy – otherwise I think my mind wouldn’t stop thinking about whats happening.

Mitch23
11-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Mirani, thanks once again for bringing us up to date with your developing relationship with Amanda and the other girls. You are very fortunate to live in the just about the most minority friendly place in the UK and to work with such lovely people. I went to see Ratatouille the other day and agree that it is fantastic! I also love shopping in M&S and love the Per Una range. In fact, if you look at my new avatar, I am wearing a lovely Per Una outfit! Not cheap I agree but good value for money. Most of my girlie shopping is done en femme in Drakes Circus and we have M&S at one end and NEXT at the other - is that girlie heaven or what.

Can I sound a note of caution here. Do Amanda and the others know that you are posting fairly detailed info about them and if not, what would their reaction be if they found out? I ask because my wife did see a similar post from me and it did a lot of damage to our relationship and the level of trust between us. None of my business though ...

love and hugs

Mitch

Mirani
11-20-2007, 01:07 PM
oh dear ... No .. they dont know of CD.com

Tiffany Leigh
11-20-2007, 08:31 PM
beautiful dress, I really like your taste. Keep us posted!

Love,

Tiffany

Mirani
11-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Thank you Tiffany x

Mirani
11-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the PMs.

As a result, I have decided to tell Amanda about this place and let her see all my posts.

I wont be sharing any "personal" issuues until she says she is OK with me doing that.

It seems a good idea, that IF we have a relationship, that I dont start it with secrets. We have talked for hours about everything - especially my "history".

I appreciate the support you have given me both in the thread and PM's

I sent the girls home an hour early today - they have been working full on this week. Besides, it means I can come here without being interupted! :heehee:

Mirani
11-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Time to go shopping for food - I am doing a Stir-fried Chicken with Lime and Coconut. Tastes lovely and only 6 minutes in the wok!
plus wilted spinach with ginger.

Then Baked Apples with Pecans and Maple Syrup 'cos I can stick it in the iven and forget it ...

May see you online later .. knowing Amanda she will at least want to have a look even if she doesnt want to join in.

Mitch23
11-21-2007, 01:39 PM
well bless you mirani - i didn't want to sound judgemental when i said that, just a little concerned for what is obviously a beautiful and blossoming relationship

mitch

Lucy Bright
11-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Time to go shopping for food - I am doing a Stir-fried Chicken with Lime and Coconut. Tastes lovely and only 6 minutes in the wok!
plus wilted spinach with ginger.

Then Baked Apples with Pecans and Maple Syrup 'cos I can stick it in the iven and forget it ...

Yum! Hope you have a good evening -

Kisses,

Lucy

Mirani
11-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Hello
I hope its OK to "borrow" Mirani's log-on, I just wanted to say that I am amazed - awestruck - gobsmacked - and grateful for a big glass of wine!

I have known Mirani (as a guy) for some years now. Known of her for about 6 months and met her a few weeks ago.

I trust him with our business and I trust "her" with whatever she decides to do or say. I am grateful that Mirani has trusted me with her "safe place".

Thanks for having me .. if I return it will be under my own log-in.

Amanda

PS Dinner was yummy

pamela_a
11-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Amanda,

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our family. I think you are an amazing woman and I believe most here would agree.

Your understanding, openness, and acceptance is a welcomed thing for many of us dealing with family and/or friends not so amenable to our "other" selves.

Mirani. Thank you for sharing this wonderful woman with us.

Hugs to both.

-Paula-

Mirani
11-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks Paula - she's blushing. But says she isnt that special. (I tend to disagree)

Mitch23
11-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi Amanda, you are indeedvery special - I hope to get the opportunity to meet you both one day ...

love

mitch

Lucy Bright
11-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi Amanda

I hope you do come back soon 'as yourself': you already have a lot admirers here. Mirani is a lucky lady, as well as a good cook!

Kisses,

Lucy

Mirani
11-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome you gave Amanda.
She has gone home.
I am not sure if she will log in for herself. We chatted about it but she thinks that she doesnt need any support for now. Tho she may "lurk" from time to time.
I am going round to hers on Friday after work.

Genifer Teal
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for your continued efforts to share. I'm sure you are very busy. It is obvious why you became business partners with Amanda. She is a great person, and has excellent taste. Everything seems to be on the right track. I hope it takes you wherever you want to go.

May I as why the avatar change? I miss your smile. Seeing your picture as I read your posts, feels more like we are sharing face to face. Your huge smile shines like a beacon, telling us all how happy you are - as if we couldn't allready tell. :happy: Now it's gone and I miss it.:sad:

Happy Turkey Day!:tongueoutGobble! Gobble!

Genifer

Shelly Preston
11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome you gave Amanda.
She has gone home.
I am not sure if she will log in for herself. We chatted about it but she thinks that she doesnt need any support for now. Tho she may "lurk" from time to time.
I am going round to hers on Friday after work.

Hi Amanda :welcom:

I know Mirani will make sure you see this

Even if you do not need the support

Please create your own account and you will be able to understand more about our community with having to wait for Mirani

Vivian Best
11-21-2007, 08:43 PM
You may not have been out before but I can tell you, you are out now! What a lucky girl you are. I hope they still feel the same way after the alcohol wears off. Good Luck and enjoy what ever happens.

Mirani
11-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi
Mirani and Amanda sneaking in from work.

We feel a bit like naughty schoolgirls - the daft thing is its OUR company!

Vivian - we arent sure what thread you have been reading. This hasnt been an alcohol inspired journey - in fact coffe has featured quite highly!!!! ;) So no worries about post-alcohol realism.

Amanda here: A personal thankyou for your welcome. For now its just nice to share with Mirani.

Better get back to work before we are caught! :)

Sonia_cd
11-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Precious moments like this are simply to die for. I really can't express how happy I am for you guys. You certainly sound like a couple of school girls being mischievous and playing hookey from school. Maybe you can be dressed the part next time :p Love it...simply love it :happy:

Amanda, you are more than welcome here and I want to thank you for being such a wonderful and warm human being. :love:

Mirani, thank you so much for sharing and thank you for introducing Amanda to us all. Here's wishing you all the best and have a great day! :hugs:

Sonia

Hi
Mirani and Amanda sneaking in from work.

We feel a bit like naughty schoolgirls - the daft thing is its OUR company!

Vivian - we arent sure what thread you have been reading. This hasnt been an alcohol inspired journey - in fact coffe has featured quite highly!!!! ;) So no worries about post-alcohol realism.

Amanda here: A personal thankyou for your welcome. For now its just nice to share with Mirani.

Better get back to work before we are caught! :)

Bonnie D
11-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I feel like I am watching a movie or a program and I can hardly wait to see what is going to happen next.

Hi Amanda, welcome to our haven or sanctuary may be a better name.

Bonnie

Mirani
11-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I know that Amanda will read this .. so hello :) and thanks for the lippy - I'll wear it tomorrow night.

This is a "weird" situation. We have talked about it this evening. How is it that you can know someone for so long (years) and find yourself having romantic thoughts and desires now and not then?
We realise that we "like" each other a lot and in a different way than before, tho' Amanda has told me that she has had feelings for me "for a little while" (some months).
I see her differently now - ..

We are concerned that this can disrupt our business. But it seems worth the risk as we think that we have an opportunity to "find ourselves".
I hope we like what we find.

Thanks again everyone for kind messages.

Victoria Anne
11-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Mirani I do so love to read your blogs , I am thrilled for you ,each time I read I am left with antisipation for your next post. You and Amanda sound like you will be a good fit together and I do dearly hope you continue to update us , your my favorite soap opera but its real.:love:

Mirani
11-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Oh hell.

Dont like the idea of being a soap opera. :(

My fault. Perhaps I am sharing too much.

Lucy Bright
11-23-2007, 07:40 AM
I see what you mean, Mirani. Of course it would be ludicrous for you to feel you had to update here every day (an everyday story of transgendered folk, dumde-dumde-dumde-dah!). But I don't think you need to worry too much abut being a soap opera, if it's the connotations of trivial and voyeuristic interest you're worried about. Speaking for myself, and from what I've seen of the comments here, I'll admit to a kind of envious curiosity, and of course we like to talk about "relationships and stuff" (women do, as you pointed out a while ago!). But I think a lot of us have found your story - but more importantly, you - inspirational. Not to mention Amanda/Mandy, and the other women you work with (and I'll admit to being curious as to how they're taking the sudden change in the relationship between their bosses, if they know about it yet).

I love the way you've managed to combine caution and boldness in this whole thing, and so far make it work out right. Actually, that's a very useful combination in business too, I imagine: festina lente!. So, follow your very sound instincts, and put the brakes on here if that feels right, but do send us the occasional postcard from Brighton!

Wish we were there...

Kisses,

Lucy

Genifer Teal
11-23-2007, 10:38 AM
How is it that you can know someone for so long (years) and find yourself having romantic thoughts and desires now and not then?

There are lots of reasons. As we mature we, refine our idea of the perfect mate. Things that mattered to us a few years ago may not mean anything today and vice versa. Situations change in everyones life. When you first got together, you both had business on your mind. Were either of you single back then?

A friend of mine just got engaged to someone she knew for 13 years (half her life). They have only dated for the last 6 months. Until then, she always dated a completely different type of guy.

The starts (and planets) have to be aligned just right for two people to hit it off. Relationships rarely just "happen". The fact that you two (like my friend) have known each other for so long, means fewer surprises down the road. That is a good thing. It speaks well for this relationship to have lasting value.

As for the soap opera connents, this is feeling a little bit like one. I've appreciated hearing things get off to a great start. However, this is not Star Wars. I don't expect the saga to continue for ever. You deserve your privacy as you fit this new realtionship into your daily life. I hope you do keep us informed of any sinifigant updates and interesting annecdotes. I'd like to hear that the christmas party goes well and what you decide to wear.

May the feelings you have now last forever.

Hugs - Genifer

Brianna Lovely
11-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Well, I must say, that reading this thread has been a real roller coaster ride for me.

My emotions have gone from sadness, thinking that you spend too much time analyzing, every little thing, to tears of joy, in learning of Amanda's full acceptance of Mirani.

I do wish you two the best, in whatever direction this part of your life journey, may take you.

Warm Hugs to both of you!

Genifer Teal
11-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Mandy suggested that we go to The Candy Bar that night - I wasnt too sure as it is a Lesbian club and I wouldnt want to offend anyone - perhaps another night.

Glad things are moving along well. I wouldn't give the Candy Bar a second thought. You'd fit right in. I have a similar place here in New York City that I go to and they accept me just fine. Some even hit on me and yes they know. It is all about how you feel there. That will dictate your level of acceptance. At least that is how it works here in NYC.

Hugs - Genifer

PS - I am so jealous that you can try shoes on in a store. My size is only available on the web.

Mirani
11-26-2007, 04:53 PM
We are officially an item. "courting" ......

Amanda asked me if I wanted to go Mirani 24/7. To my surprise - I found myself having to think about it. I have been happy all this time as a "part timer" and was certain that I didnt want 24/7.

I cant believe that I am in this place. I am seriously attracted to Amanda and she is SO encouraging that I relate as Mirani as much as I want to. She suggested that if I wanted to that I pick a day and tell the girls in the office and have a "Mirani day" ....

I feel a need to share - so I have discussed it with Amanda and will continue to post. There is something valuable in "Saying it out loud" ... I can hear my thoughts.

Shelly Preston
11-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi Mirani

As much as I feel like saying go for it

Please be careful and remember your business too

Congratulations to you both on being an item :love:

pamela_a
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Quite a path you have traveled in a short time Mirani. I have no words other than these. Look into your heart and decide what you want. Then do what you have previously done, use your head and decide a course to follow.

Only you know your heart. Sit down with Amanda and make sure you are both on the same page and can agree on the goals. Once that's settled let the winds pick you up and soar to your hearts content.

You find your dream only by pursuing it. I hope you find your dream.

-Paula-

Lucy Bright
11-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Congratulations to you and Amanda - that's thrilling!

Kisses,

Lucy

Tiffany Leigh
11-26-2007, 07:11 PM
I dont want to offend anyone, but this thought has entered my mind......Im concerned how Amanda is so eager for Mirani to be around all the time, either she will tire of her(Mirani) and want a "man" around or is a lesbian and trying to work around it? If Mirani is going to transition and be a lesbian, they hey thats cool too! Just a thought that concerns me.

Lots of Love:hugs:

Tiffany

TxKimberly
11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Every time I see the title of this thread it just nags at me, so I've gotta say it.
Yes Mirani, yes woman are daft. Just because they like you, and you like them, doesn't mean women are suddenly sane. They're nuts, bonkers, insane, crazy, and daft. Anyone that's ever dated or married one knows this!
:tongueout:D:devil:

Kris
11-26-2007, 08:54 PM
They're nuts, bonkers, insane, crazy, and daft. Anyone that's ever dated or married one knows this!
:tongueout:D:devil:

I resemble that remark!!

TxKimberly
11-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I resemble that remark!!

See, even the women know their daft!
ROFL

Mirani
11-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Dear Kimberly, you are SUCH a sweetie xx

Dear Tiffany

"dont want to offend anyone, but this thought has entered my mind......Im concerned how Amanda is so eager for Mirani to be around all the time, either she will tire of her(Mirani) and want a "man" around or is a lesbian and trying to work around it? . . . . Just a thought that concerns me."

I am not offended but these kind of messages always want me say "this is more about you than me or Amanda". Your fears, your perceptions, your paradigm.

Why be "concerned". What is to be concerned about? They certainly belong to you and not me or Amanda. All relationships change after the first "rush". Falling in lust is different from falling in love is different from being in love. Whoever wears the dress is irrelevant.

We are on a voyage together and enjoying the journey. We dont yet know the destination.

Why even attempt to analyse people you dont know? "either she will tire of her(Mirani) and want a "man" around or is a lesbian and trying to work around it?"
Er .. sorry. But who decided that there are just two possible outcomes? How about this one:
Amanda and I have started a relationship based on openness and mutual trust and personality and sexual attraction. Our relationship may continue into a limited time experience and we may part because of incompatibility on any level. OR .. just maybe .. we may have started a lifetime relationship.

Amanda here.
I have to say I was upset and even angry that anyone may presume to know me well enough to question my sexuality or sexual preference. Actually, no matter how much someone may know me - its none of their **** business. You know I read the threads - how do you think it makes me feel to read that I am either a Lesbian or quitter or dont know who I am? So what if I was a lesbian ?? Why should it matter?
I love Steve/Mirani. I relate totally to the person whatever the presentation. I recognise that Mirani wants to "live" so I am delighted to facilitate that and enjoy it very much.
One of the irritations of this place is the amateur psychologists making presumptions and false hypothesese. Rant over

By the way (Mirani here) we spoke to the girls in the office. They are so OK with me having a "Mirani Day" at work.
So .... I have to decide what to wear to work tomorrow :happy: A skirt suit or trouser suit. Whatever .. I'll be wearing heels! .. and we only have one loo so no worries there ;)

bridget thronton
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
I think you both should enjoy your time together in the present (as you seem to be doing). Real love changes over time, but its always wonderful (and after 30+ years even better than it was).

TxKimberly
11-28-2007, 02:06 PM
I think the whole thing with Amanda is just awesome. She knows all about you and appears to be just fine with it. This speaks volumes about both of you. For her, she is open minded and judging by her comment in your last post, reasonably intelligent. (The word "reasonably" ought to really set her off - either she's laughing as she reads this or she's spitting nails :-) )
For you Mirani, it says you must be a decent human being. I don't care how open minded she is, or the other folks at your office, they wouldn't be so open and understanding if you were a jerk.
My mother has been married 7 times (I think - I may have lost count). One of the things I decided early on was that if I got married, it would be forever. I would share all of my secrets with her, I would give her my trust, and I would expect the same courtesy in return. Well, 20 years later my wife and I are still married, and still very much in love.
If I understand your last post correctly, it sounds as though you and Amanda have begun a relationship, and you have started it with honesty. What could be better than that?
OH! Almost forgot - Hi Amanda, and welcome!

Lucy Bright
11-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Amanda here.
I have to say I was upset and even angry that anyone may presume to know me well enough to question my sexuality or sexual preference. Actually, no matter how much someone may know me - its none of their **** business. You know I read the threads - how do you think it makes me feel to read that I am either a Lesbian or quitter or dont know who I am? So what if I was a lesbian ?? Why should it matter?

Amanda,

I think it was me who first raised the lesbian question - some time before you started reading the threads, but still. At that point I was (as I thought - self-deception is always a possibility, and looking back my post has a slight protesting-too-much quality) worrying about Mirani's happiness and the wisdom of the decisions she was making. So, to be fair, was she. It was none of my business, but Mirani had generously chosen to share the story of her growing relationship with you, and while wishing her and you well (and how!) I, like many of us here, who have suffered all kinds of strange setbacks and misjudgements, and for whom a misjudged confidence can have disastrous personal consequences, was looking out for the possible pitfalls, as well as rejoicing in the almost miraculous possibility that your story might turn out to have a really happy ending.

And of course it wouldn't matter if you were a lesbian at all, in itself. (It's a cliche, but many of my best friends are!) But it wouldn't be irrelevant to your relationship with Mirani, and as far as I'm concerned that's the only context in which I'd have wished to raise it.

That said, I apologize if I caused you any offence. I never quite know how to judge the etiquette of public fora, where one set of social rules begins and another ends. What could be said in private across a cafe table isn't quite the same as what can be said here, I know, but - well, I'm a bit clueless.

Wishing you both well -

Kisses,

Lucy

Bonnie D
11-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Congratulations Amanda and Mirani! I think it is great! You two seem perfect for each other. I also think the ladies who work for you are also amazing.

And yes Amanda, I don't see why your sexuality came into question. I guess when things are going so well some people wait for the other shoe to fall. Just enjoy each other while you are together and hopefully that will be for a lifetime.

Bonnie

Mitch23
11-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Amanda - great to hear from you. Most of us have not experienced the unconditional love and acceptance that you display towards mirani in our own relationships so we may be a little confused about how to handle it. as i've said before you are both special people and richly deserve each other!

love

Mitch

Mitch

Genifer Teal
11-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Congratulations on Mirani day! Sounds like fun. I hope you get enough work done.

As a reminder to those of us reading along, this is hardly a causual fling. The intimacy (potential or otherwise) might be new but they are business partners, not just causal aquaintences at work. How many years have you known each other?

The current level of interest might be heightened by getting to know/share Mirani, but there is also a deeper attraction that can only come from knowing someone for so long. I think these two factors will blend nicely to give this relationship the best possible chace to go the distance as any relationship might have. This one just happens to have a few fringe (or lace) benefits.

Have fun tomorrow!

Hugs - Genifer

Tiffany Leigh
11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Dear Kimberly, you are SUCH a sweetie xx

Dear Tiffany

"dont want to offend anyone, but this thought has entered my mind......Im concerned how Amanda is so eager for Mirani to be around all the time, either she will tire of her(Mirani) and want a "man" around or is a lesbian and trying to work around it? . . . . Just a thought that concerns me."

I am not offended but these kind of messages always want me say "this is more about you than me or Amanda". Your fears, your perceptions, your paradigm.

Why be "concerned". What is to be concerned about? They certainly belong to you and not me or Amanda. All relationships change after the first "rush". Falling in lust is different from falling in love is different from being in love. Whoever wears the dress is irrelevant.

We are on a voyage together and enjoying the journey. We dont yet know the destination.

Why even attempt to analyse people you dont know? "either she will tire of her(Mirani) and want a "man" around or is a lesbian and trying to work around it?"
Er .. sorry. But who decided that there are just two possible outcomes? How about this one:
Amanda and I have started a relationship based on openness and mutual trust and personality and sexual attraction. Our relationship may continue into a limited time experience and we may part because of incompatibility on any level. OR .. just maybe .. we may have started a lifetime relationship.

Amanda here.
I love Steve/Mirani. I relate totally to the person whatever the presentation. I recognise that Mirani wants to "live" so I am delighted to facilitate that and enjoy it very much.
One of the irritations of this place is the amateur psychologists making presumptions and false hypothesese. Rant over

By the way (Mirani here) we spoke to the girls in the office. They are so OK with me having a "Mirani Day" at work.
So .... I have to decide what to wear to work tomorrow :happy: A skirt suit or trouser suit. Whatever .. I'll be wearing heels! .. and we only have one loo so no worries there ;)

This is the type of reply that shows passion for feelings, I never said there are only two options, but listed two that I have obsereved in my suroundings. We all have different experiences in our lives and a truth for one most likely wil not favor another, but.....you never know! Anyway, if you have paid attention to all of my posts they show support along with concern, I only hope that you will understand that my comments are only to promote thought so the likely-hood of bad choices are avoided. We all want happiness, heck I would love a Tiffany day ( jealosy may be why Im catty) anyway, the best wishes to ya'll! Amanda, Im not questioning your sexuality and I really hope you arent either, I am grateful that ladies like you are out there and that Marani has found one! Ive followed this thread with much anticipation and Im very delighted!

Love as always,

Tiffany

Mirani
11-29-2007, 07:25 AM
For Tiffany:
Amanda and I obviously interpreted your thread in a way you didnt intend. That is sometimes the consequence of the written word without intonation or non-verbal clues or the opportunity to say "is that what you mean". We felt somewhat disparaged and responded accordingly. We appreciate your best wishes.

We actually logged on to say hi and give an update on "Mirani Day":
We got up at 6.30 and I got myself ready then Amanda did my makeup and my hair.
As usual we arrived first and the girls arrived within 5 minutes of each other. I dont usually get greeted on a work day with a hug and a kiss on the cheek - but they all wanted a hug!

Then the phone rang. I heard Carlie, "I'm sorry he isnt in today, can anyone else help you? Mandy is here if you want to speak with her" ..

We all fell about laughing - but I said to put the rest of the calls through! Then I heard, "Mira -(pronounced Meerer) do you want a coffee?" ....
OMG - they have shortened my name !!!!

Then we had a Sales Rep cold call us to try to sell us office stationary. Amanda dealt with him with me sitting in the office. I must be honest - I was flying so high I was a danger to low flying airplanes! What a rush. Amanda keeps catching my eye and we are like Cheshire Cats.

We are about to go out to buy some lunch to bring back for every one. I feel very comfortable. I hope the afternoon will see me a bit more down to earth and feeling like I am "just at work".

One "downer" is that I will need to shave at about 4pm .. but then .. I am a guy after all. I have brought my shaving gear and makeup.

We will post again at the end of the day.

Lucy Bright
11-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Love the part about the name shortening! You really are one of the girls now, Mirani...

Kisses,

Lucy

Mirani
11-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Home! Had a bath, and changed into something comfortable. Oh what JOY to take off my boots !!!!!!!!!!! and .. dare I say it ... my bra and boobs. They are words I never thought I would say. Tho I am in my PJ's and havent taken my nail polish off yet.
Wooooooooooooo ...
The afternoon flew by. It was "normal" except for the huge grin on Amanda's face every time I looked at her.
When I went to the loo one of the girls reminded me to leave the lid down :).

I have never heard my name used so many times in a day - even if it seems that I am now "Meera" and not Mirani !!!! It was nice when I was on my keyboard to see my painted nails and bracelet and rings (even if they are just costume jewellery).

After "freshening up" we went out after work. 3 of the girls came for a quick drink and then Amanda and I went for something to eat .. tho I didnt have much of an appetite. We talked about the day, some business and whether or not "Meera" was going to work tomorrow. I decided that she wont.

I need to reflect on this and not rush headlong into the Pink Fog.
Amanda has joined CD.Com in her own right so I'll let her post her own views when admin passes her.

I am still on a high.

simonep
11-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Mirani and Amanda

It is great to see relationships develop in the right way after reading about so much going wrong, so congratulations and good luck.

Lots of love

Simonep

Genifer Teal
11-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Congratulations "Mira", on a wonderful day! Not much I can add to that.

Hugs - Genifer

Tiffany Leigh
11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
For Tiffany:
Amanda and I obviously interpreted your thread in a way you didnt intend. That is sometimes the consequence of the written word without intonation or non-verbal clues or the opportunity to say "is that what you mean". We felt somewhat disparaged and responded accordingly. We appreciate your best wishes.

We actually logged on to say hi and give an update on "Mirani Day":
We got up at 6.30 and I got myself ready then Amanda did my makeup and my hair.
As usual we arrived first and the girls arrived within 5 minutes of each other. I dont usually get greeted on a work day with a hug and a kiss on the cheek - but they all wanted a hug!

Total OK, Im really sorry I came across wrong, after re-reading my post with "other eyes" I can see the confusion. ( I am still a gm you know:D), but that still doesnt change the fact that I am so envious! Its ok, Ill get over it:heehee:. Please by all means enjoy the state of bliss you are in, my wife and I when we first meet said it was called perma-grin:D:D!

Love ya"ll

Tiffany:love:

Kim_Bitzflick
11-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Mirani & Amanda,

I just got through reading this whole thread and all I can say is WOW!

It appears that you two have something special. I sometimes think it would be nice to be able to be "out" with the girls at work:happy:, but then again I'm scared as well:eek:. For now, I just hope I can one day get my wife to go out in public with me.

Mirani, thanks for sharing and letting me live vicariously through you.

Hugs,

Stephanie Scott
12-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Mirani and Amanda,

What a dizzying ride! It has taken my breath away. Congratulations on the expansion of your relationship.

Amanda,

I just want you to know how wonderful I think your attitude has been. It makes me think of how my wife, kids and I felt when we bought a butterfly cage, watching the caterpillars make their cocoons and then emerge from them before we finally opened the cage to set them free. We girls all pretty much have the same desire -- to find someone who accepts us as we are and then contributes to our well being. Kudos to you.

Brianna1
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Wow:happy: I've just read this whole post from the beginning to end and I don't know what to say next LOL ...WOW! I am so happy for you both and I guess all the way through the pessimist in me was saying I hope it all works out (I guess thinking how can it be this good without a catch) and trying to imagine myself in the same wonderful situation. I think it's the self destruct mechanism that congratulates you when it happens and you can say 'see you were right-it was too good to be true' that makes us say be careful, you might get hurt here. Have a great future Amanda and Mirani, so glad you have shared with us all here!
:hugs: Brianna

Mirani
12-05-2007, 12:41 PM
all is well and we are "living together" at my place for the week and Amanda's place for the weekends.

I havent been back to work in Mirani mode as it is too disruptive - it is a busy time. But every evening when I get in, I shower, shave and change. Saturdays and Sundays are "full" days and I relinquish all worries and concerns as Amanda "directs" the weekend (chooses my clothes to wear, does my makeup and decides what we do).

She likes being in control, I like letting go.

Last Saturday Amanda took me to her hairdresser and I had a trim and highlights - it took ages!

Not on line a lot at the moment.

We are going to London this weekend to see a show and "do" the Tate.

I can not recall a time when I have felt better.

Nearly time for our Christmas do! :) We will do a "Secret Santa" ... I wonder what I will get!

Thanks for the kind messages and support. Amanda has tried to join, but she cant log in, for some reason it doesnt seem to work.

TxKimberly
12-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Way cool! It's good to hear of nice things like this. :-)

Lucy Bright
12-05-2007, 01:44 PM
I like your new icon, too! But - do you normally read the phone book for fun??

Kisses,

Lucy

Fab Karen
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
You're living on Cloud 9 no doubt. You must be smiling every day as you go to work.

Mirani
12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
I am smiling ALL the time at the moment :)

Genifer Teal
12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I is so nice to have Mirani back. I missed your smiling face. I like your new avator. Glad to hear things are going so well. Enjoy your weekend.

Gen

Edwina
12-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I is so nice to have Mirani back. I missed your smiling face. I like your new avator. Glad to hear things are going so well. Enjoy your weekend.

Gen

Hear! Hear!
You look fantastic Girl. May your happiness know no bounds.
Love
Edwina

Mirani
12-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Hello ;)

A quick synopsis of the weekend;

Amanda "requested" that I didnt take any male clothes or items except my razor. I have never stayed anywhere before without a "back up kit" but felt confident it would be ok. Amanda picked my outfits and packed for me. She has great taste and it meant I didnt have to wonder what to wear.

We have settled comfortably into a "routine" .. when I am Mirani she takes the lead and I as she says - I dont have to worry my little head about anything. :) I feel so at peace and she says that I act very differently when I let my hair down, put on some lippy and funnily enough it seems that putting on my bra signals the change.

We travelled by train to Victoria, then a taxi to the Strand .. I am totally at ease, unless I have to speak (my voice is quite a giveaway) so Amanda does all the necessary communication with others. Then we booked into the hotel (isnt it great when you get called "madam" :)).
We had tickets for Boing Boing and decided to eat after the show. - It was hillarious. But the queue for the loo was awful and my heels were killing me.

Then we went to China Town and had a glorious meal. I was treated fantasticly by everyone. Sunday was a get up late day. It was a pain to have to dress for breakfast so we had room service. Then we did some site-seeing. I was SO grateful Amanda packed some flats for walking in as I couldnt have walked very far in my heels.

We had a light bite, then collected our bags and did the return trip. I feel elated and fulfilled. Happy and grateful. Satisfied and a deep seated contentment.

Time to take off my nail polish and back to work tomorrow.

Amanda has tried tom log on to add her thoughts but had some difficulty. I hope she will have her say soon.

Amanda FAB
12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
This is me at last. I have posted a hello on the newbies page. but Mira suggested I said hello here.
I may add to Mira's thread from time to time, just so you get my point of view.

Thanks for the kindness and warmth peeps :)

Amanda

Holly
12-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Amanda (and Mirani), although I have not posted to this thread before, I have been following it with great interest. I wish you both all the happiness you can possibly handle and then some. And thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Erica Lauren James
12-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi Mirani, and a great big welcome to Amanda!!!

I just love this thread and am glad that you were finally able to join us Amanda.

Reading about your relationship and your weekly activities gives many of us hope, me included. That there are women out there that not only like/enjoy cd's but that there are some that adore cd's. What the two of you have is what I hope I can find!

I wish you two all the happiness in the world and look forward to more postings from you.

Thanks so much!!

Kiera

Marvina Martian
12-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi, I just wanted to say that you guys are such an insperation! I am new to the site and have been playing a bit of catch up. Whle I have been reading your thread I have had this perma-grin:D

With the world so full of negitivity your story is truly a warm and shining light!

:love:

Amanda FAB
12-10-2007, 02:07 PM
.... there are women out there that not only like/enjoy cd's but that there are some that adore cd's.
Kiera

Hi Kiera.
I am not offended by your post - just that I need to clarify:
I am not someone who "adores cd's" .. sorry if this disillusions you. I got to know a man who I liked. I actually had warm feelings for him for some while but we were either both in a realtionship or one of us was - so I never took it further.

We both fell out of our relationships and .. well .. it meant for me I could think of possibilities. He is a kind and thoughful man (ouf staff love him to bits for his thoughtfulness and acts of kindness which I wont go into here). I really like him for who he is.
He happens to crossdress and (surprisingly) I have found that side of him very attractive (in behaviour and looks). I sort of engineered (sorry Mira - but you wouldnt take my hints) an opportunity for him to come "out" to us (at work) and Mira just blossomed in front of us and I have found that we just "fit" together very well.

So, I dont adore CD's - I adore a man who is a CDer. It is the full spectrum of his/her personality which works for me.

I can not and do not speak for other women. I speak for me - and for some reason Mira "fits" me very well.

It is a bit long winded - sorry. But there is (even if it is subtle) a difference between a CD-adorer and a woman like me who adores the person who CD's.
Kind wishes to you.

Amanda

SiobhanW
12-10-2007, 02:21 PM
So, I dont adore CD's - I adore a man who is a CDer. It is the full spectrum of his/her personality which works for me.

Either way works for me! I wish you both much happiness! :happy:

Erica Lauren James
12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi Amanda,

Sorry my mistake, What you said is what I meant.

I didn't mean to suggest that you adore Cd's, you adore Mirani for who she/he is and for the things you mentioned in your reply.

A lot of women out there may like or be attracted to a man but once the cd'ing is out in the open it becomes a deal breaker

It is just refreshing to see that although you knew of his cd'ing that you are open enough to accept him/her for who he/she is. The complete package.

Kiera

Amanda FAB
12-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Just popped back in .. I hope this doesnt become addictive ... :)

No offence taken Kiera xxx

The girls at work took advantage of Mira being out today. Asking me all sorts of questions about our relationship. They never asked me about my previous ones! Well, they did a bit, but not like this!
I told them to ask her - as I wasnt saying!

I am aware that our relationship isn't seen very often, so it attracts attention and interest. And we wouldnt be posting here if we wanted absolute privacy. We have talked about it and decided that we are happy to answer questions.
For me, it helps me to see things from different angles. This is all new. I find myself in a new place. I say to myself "dont analyse it" but I cant stop myself from asking questions - of me and Mira.

I am not attracted to women - but I am to Mira
I am normally a compliant and willing partner - but find that I seem to take the lead .. where to go, what to do ...
I get a buzz from us going out shopping as girlfriends and Mira being accepted as female (tho we must do something about her snorting when she laughs - most unfeminine!:)).
My private life has been private, yet here I am talking to strangers.
I have (in the past) been at best, patronising when I have seen crossdressers or TG girls in the community. I never meant harm or insult, but thought "poor thing - there must be something wrong with them". It never occured to me that the behaviour was in the range of "normal" .. that sexual identity isnt realted to sexual preference. That there is such a HUGE range from "underdressers to transgendered". From "just like wearing pantyhose" to "I was born in the wrong body". Describing someone as a crossdresser actually doesnt say much about them at all.
Some of my thoughts (which we have talked about):
Does "my man" want to "BE" a woman?
Why does he want "real boobs"?
and there are more "private" questions we have (or I have anyway).

Yet in the middle of this I have never been happier.

Amanda.

Genifer Teal
12-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Yet in the middle of this I have never been happier

Now that you have settled in, let me add my "Welcome to the boards!"

I am happy for you and Mirani. May your relationship continue to blossom.

Hugs - Genifer

Mirani
12-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Hello everyone.

I never knew how exciting it was to go home! I find myself impatient to get in and "change" .. and then relax into myself.

Amanda got home before me and asked me to text 10 mins before getting home. - She greeted me with a fresh coffee and a bath, which is run, candles around the bathroom and some clothes laid out on the bed to change into. :)

I am just popping in on line as dinner (Moroccan Lamb with oranges and sundried tomato) is about to be served.

Then its cuddle-up time on the settee to watch our fave sitcom "SCRUBS" .. it is both funny and the pathos has seen both of us with moist eyes!

I know, its silly - but we are enjoying being silly.
:)

Shelly67
12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
You enjoy the whole moment - and lucky you ! I,m getting some very weird comments from my fellow workers , like " do you know where Pink Punters is " ( local club for girls like us ) and " my god why are you so skinny " ? its meant in a spiteful way too.....
Its not really getting to me ....but hey , as long as I remain happy at home , and more so , my wife is happy then what the hell....

ColleenCD
12-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Amanda and Mirani,

I have spent the past few days reading through this thread, and I have enjoyed it immensely. Often a thread is created to share one single event with a final outcome. But this thread has a life of it's own.

I love the fact that you are business partners who have trusted and known eachother for some time now, before moving forward in a personal relationship. You must be wonderful people to carry the office staff as close as they are to you both.

Amanda, your understanding of Mirani/Steve as the person you love, and the fact that you know there are endless levels of crossdressing speaks to your clear logic. I want to welcome you to our little meeting place. We lean on eachother here and appreciate your input.

Mirani, Thank you for taking time to share this fantastic tale of hope and love.

Best wishes for you both,

Colleen

Genifer Teal
12-12-2007, 05:10 AM
Hello everyone.

I never knew how exciting it was to go home! . . . She greeted me with a fresh coffee and a bath, which is run, candles around the bathroom and some clothes laid out on the bed to change into. . . . Then its cuddle-up time on the settee to watch our fave sitcom "SCRUBS" . . .I know, its silly - but we are enjoying being silly.

How cool is that! Scrub s is my favorite too. Wacky Silly Funny. Great show. I want someone to come home too.

Hugs- Genifer

Mirani
12-14-2007, 04:10 PM
It's the weekend!!!!! :)

So from friday night to Monday morning its "M" time.

We are Christmas shopping tomorrow .. my first en femme .... I hope Amanda picks some comfortable shoes! ;)

This will be my first Christmas Day en femme too. Perhaps I should get an outfit (any excuse lol).

Mirani
12-15-2007, 07:28 AM
I feel I need to say this - ( I have posted a thread on it) -
With all the recent changes - although I feel very good abvout my experiences, I am having "concerns" about who I am and where is this taking me.
Just sharing that in case anyone had a wrong impression. I AM having a good time - but it comes with he usual internal issues that many of us have.

Genifer Teal
12-15-2007, 11:19 AM
I understand your concerns. It seem you are in good hands. As long as you share your concerns with Amanda, the two of you will sort them out together.

I gave up caring where this is taking me a while ago. If I was on the same ride as you, I'd hit the cruise control, close my eyes and let go of the steering wheel. Who knows where I'd end up.

Ejnoy life!

Hugs - Genifer

Sinthia
12-15-2007, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=Mirani;1121755]I feel I need to say this - ( I have posted a thread on it) -
With all the recent changes - although I feel very good abvout my experiences, I am having "concerns" about who I am and where is this taking me.

Mirani . . . I have had this same feeling whenever I was involved strongly with a girl, or whenever I bought a car or other large purchase. I think it is normal to question what we are doing. It is our built-in defense from getting into trouble when we make big changes in our lives.

Reading the thread, I am envious of what you have been doing lately, and of the support your fellow workers are giving you. Good luck on your life in the future.

Mirani
12-18-2007, 05:11 PM

It's our Christmas Do tomorrow.

Pamper Party booked - we are closing the office at 12 and going for a light lunch and a drink or two.
Then we are back to Amanda's for more wine :) and the Pamper Girls arrive at 4. I am certainly going to have a facial and a pedicure.
I havent told the girls if Steve or Mira will turn up for work tomorrow ... The girls are hoping its Mira!

I'll give you one guess folks as to my choice for tomorrow ... :) ... now which nail polish shall I wear .... ;)

Michelle I
12-18-2007, 07:21 PM
You go Girl!
I am so jealeous::devil: in a good way. Enjoy yourself, let the rest of the office enjoy Mirani also.

Melissa

jennydl
12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi Mirani,can't wait to hear all about it.
jennydl

Stormgirl
12-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Keep your gaurd up though, they are unpredictable.

TxKimberly
12-19-2007, 10:45 PM
. . . . - She greeted me with a fresh coffee and a bath, which is run, candles around the bathroom and some clothes laid out on the bed to change into. :) . . .

Want to bet there at least 500 Tgirls on this forum desperatly trying to figure out how they can swipe Amanda from you? :heehee:

shauna 9
12-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Wow, that is really cool

Amanda FAB
12-20-2007, 12:53 PM
:Angry3: Its not fair ! :)

Mira was spoiled rotten .... but we all had such fun ... perhaps the cocktails had a bit to do with it
SMIRNOFF BLACK MOSCOW MULE .wooooooo ! and SKETCH COCKTAIL ... great for us girls because of the cranberrry juice! ;)

There was Indian Head massage, pedicures and manicures, eyebrow shaping, mini facials, neck and shoulder massage. We ALL had a pedicure. It looked so funny with us all sitting around with our toes on show.

We had a Thai takeaway and played "Who am I?" .. I nearly died from laughing as I couldnt breathe, and "Consequences" .. making up a guided written story line by line not knowing what the previous line was ... pm me if you want to know the rules lol. One of the punch lines was "and he had to live as a girl forever ..." mmmmmmm and most of them were x rated!

A few sore heads this morning :) oh and Mira came to work today :)

SiobhanW
12-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Want to bet there at least 500 Tgirls on this forum desperately trying to figure out how they can swipe Amanda from you

And 500 more hoping that Amanda has 500 like minded friends!

Amanda FAB
12-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Sorry girls .. I am "one woman woman" ;) ..
No one is dragging me away - and before you ask, I dont have any sisters .. :) - tho I will ask my single office staff if they are interested ... but dont hold your breath ...

SiobhanW
12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
I dont have any sisters

Is your mum a possibility? I've always liked older women myself. :D

(actually I'm happily married)

Amanda FAB
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
My mum is probably not quite the same as me in her views!!

We havent introduced Steve or Mira to her (lives a long way away).

Breaking news ....

I am about to wax Mira's back and btm ... fun for me .. Mira has a low pain threshhold. Would you believe she has taken pain killers - paracetemol :) :)

SiobhanW
12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
The back is easy money. It's the chest that kills in my books. I suggest nothing less than Vicodin for the area between his boobs!

Mitch23
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
paracetemol - I would require nothing less than a total anaesthetic!

mitch

Sonia_cd
12-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Amanda honey...I have to agree with SiobhanW and Mitch23. Its the chest thats the killer! From experience, the back gets done easily (can't say the same about the bottom though, no courage), but the chest!!! That's another story altogether.

Love...have fun you guys!

charllote34
12-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Women arent daft ?? always makes me smirk when i read that :devil:

Mirani
12-20-2007, 04:05 PM
I have hot cheeks!!! ;)

I dont wax my chest as on a few occasions when I have been to a beauty therapist I have come out in lots of blood spots and then they become little whiteheads. So now I shave or use an epilation cream.

My back and btm dont react in the same way .. its great to be smooth. One day I may have enough money to have laser hair removal .. starting with my face.

Btw .. what a lovely two days :)

pamela_a
12-20-2007, 05:27 PM
I am about to wax Mira's back and btm ... fun for me .. Mira has a low pain threshhold.Just tell Mirani to be a big girl, she can do it (of course a shot or 2 couldn't hurt either).

But remember this Amanda, pay back's a bitch. :)

Hugs to you both.

-Paula-