PDA

View Full Version : Surprised acceptance in my part of the world

My Lady Marsea
10-31-2007, 01:43 AM
Just wanted to share something from the last couple of weeks. As some of you know I am a 24/7 kind of girl now so have some interesting personal observations.
Last week or two I opened my little swap meet business for the season here in town. Apprehensive to say the least, I made the decesion this season of course to dress as I feel and tried to dress down a little the first couple of days. :straightface:However after the reception I got so far I'm wearing all the flash & trash that's me, LOL. This is my sixth year there (first as a full time T-Girl) so most of the vendors within a couple of rows know me. Well I got a new neighbor who sells Avon (can life get any better LOL?) and shortly into the first day she and I were sitting on a aisle bench talking and she asked if she could ask me something. :devil:Of course I knew what was coming and after explaining how I was this girl puppet master running this unwanted body like that scene in the Wizzard of OZ, she commented on her Gay grandson (which I explained I'm not gay) but how she learned to accept him through the years and had mellowod out. Anyway we get along fine and talk girl talk during our slow moments and I help her close at night. Later in the week she was out with some other swap meet friends to dinner and I gues the topic of me came up, :rolleyes:the old did you see and what do you think thing. She said there was nothing bad said, but she did tell them I was her "new girlfriend" & her girlfriend was really nice & helped her close at night & that her girlfriend had muscles so don't mess with her. :heehee:During this week another girl vendor came over to check me out and commented how happy she was for me and commented on how nice I had been looking lately, esp the feet and fingernails. Later that day another came over to congrat me for coming out and dragged me over to her place to look at some costume jewelry she had on sale. I bought some, she gave me some. While walking up to my now favorite place that sells leather purses ( a male owner there who greated me and commented favorably) I passed another vendor who knows me and motioned me to come over. I did & she also was happy for me and said she loved the way I was dressing (albeit just sequened/embrodery jeans and lacy tops with color matched flip flops, long wig and dangler ear rings of course, rings, wrist bracelets...my flash & trash look) and said if I ever had girl questions to come see her. The clincher was when another Avon lady was doing some bookwork with my neighbor, and when done she came over to my space and walked up & gave me a big hug and said how happy she was for me. The vitamin sales owner ( a male) was totally cool with the whole thing, but he went on to say he was from San Francisco and one would have to change species for him to raise a eyebow, like to cracked me up & then he added I certainly make a much prettier girl than a guy, LOL. So far I'm the darling of rows A & B, (still have C-H to go I guess) and lovin' every moment of it.
So the last two days I've been stuck with jury duty selection stuff. I of course HAVE to go as myself, so I dressed in my nicest stuff along with heels and when I checked in they asked my name & I told them "Marsea" and the last name. They of course took a double look since they had me in their records as my guy name. I explained that I was sort of that person but had my name changed legally so they said cool and would change it in the computer records. Met a couple of nice girls there and hung out while ppl came & went. It appears that most could care less. Each time they called me the bailifs were really nice and addressed me as maam and one today went out of her way to help me try to be excused (I'm a sole owner/operater of the business, this is killing me moneywise) and helped me write a little note she was going to take to the judge and hopefully call me with good news. (Still waiting) Got released at 9 but had to return by 1:30 which gave me time to reschdule my permanent eyebrows appointment where I sat and talked with my favorite beautician about her new store and her home life and we shared all kinds of stuff about me while the tatooing went on.
This last couple of weeks has been quite rewarding for me and gives me even more courage that in my case I made a good desision to toss out the old, never to go back, and bring in the new with all the gusto I can.:happy: So girls, there is hope out there for us that want it once you take those first baby steps. Just remember..for every bad experience we have, there are 100 good ones waiting to come our way.
Sorry for the long post but just HAD to share. :love:

Joann0830
10-31-2007, 02:44 AM
I am so very happy that ebrything is going yourway, I am now 59 and out on disabilty, which is okay and actually just being the real me. letting my own hair grow and doing the Ladies Thing. I alwys believed in a great saying and that was I will never be a woman but I will always be aLadyI really want to say that your story has left a Great impact on me, Thank You Joann:heehee::love:

My Lady Marsea
10-31-2007, 02:59 AM
Thanks Joann...I'm 61 and just became me about 7 months ago and enjoying every minute of it. Age seems to be a equalizer...you no longer worry yourself to fear about what others think and just go for what you really want in life, which gets shorter every year LOL.:hugs:

Angie G
10-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Marisa thats great enjoy your new life and you go girl :hugs:
Angie

silkandsatincd
10-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Hi Marsea,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. It is interesting to hear the positive reactions you get from people and how some are very accepting of you, as you are. Terrific!

Eve

paulaN
10-31-2007, 08:19 AM
great story thanks for sharring.

pamela_a
10-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Maresa, that's a wonderful story, I'm so happy for you. Perhaps that just goes to show that maybe most people are more accepting than we give them credit for being and it's our insecurity that raises the red flags.

-Paula-