PDA

View Full Version : Considering transition? Read this book!!!

Chrissycd
04-02-2005, 12:35 AM
I just finished reading "Wrapped in Blue" by Donna Rose, girls, and it is a MUST if you are considering mtf transition. It is a first person memoir of the author's experience from the day she decided she needed to seek therapy to the weeks after SRS in 2000. It is well written, thoughtful, very detailed about all that we girls must struggle with in the process, and it is comforting, too. It's like a road map to a transition. I am so pleased that Julie M. recommended this book to me back in November. Thank you, dear! It has helped me understand my True Self better, and given me a much clearer understanding of what I need to consider going into transition. I can start HRT now, but planning, I have learned now, is very important, so I'm waiting until July when I have time off from work to adjust to the changes it will bring emotionally.
My biggest fear now has nothing to do with the surgeries or informing loved ones. The big thing now is just the practical matter of paying the bills!
Want to order it? Amazon has it available. Just one last thing: don't be put off by the cheesy cover. It's what's inside that counts.
Chrissy
ps - This book was much more useful to me than True Selves.

MarieTS
04-02-2005, 03:27 AM
Chrissy: Thanks for your review, this looks like a must-read. Do you know if its available in any of the chain book stores?

Chrissycd
04-02-2005, 01:16 PM
You'd have to give them a call and ask. They'd probably be able to order it though, if they don't stock it. It seems to me that it's pretty unlikely that they have one sitting on a shelf in a mainstream store. Give it a try though.
Chrissy

robynlane
04-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the tip, Chrissy! I'm just on the verge of transitioning, and the fear-waves are coming in loud and strong. This looks to be a wonderful, inspirational read. Just what I need right now. I've just previewed and ordered it on Amazon! I so need to share in other's journeys such as this...

Robyn

DaanaTS
04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Two other Must Reads are:

' True Selves : Understanding Transsexualism--For Families, Friends, Coworkers, and Helping Professionals ' by Mildred L. Brown, Chloe Ann Rounsley (available at Amazon.com)

and
S/HE by Claudia Griggs -- which covers M 2 F AND F 2 M issues equally
Both where quite instrumental in helping me sort myself out -- if you know what I mean
Toodles
Daana