PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos ; opinions

Anthony Jake
10-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Ok, so i was at work this morning and people decided to discuss my tattoos so im thought id make a post on tattoo's :D

I got all my tattoos at least 3 years ago now, when i was a little younger didnt totally think about the reprucusions.

So I have seven tattoos ; one of them is the word seven written in script on my right arm at the sideways between my wrist and my elbow.. it was the first one I had done, thus the reason why i have seven tattoos. (i have a slight obsession with the number seven) Then i have a dagger/sword/knife whatever you want to do it, on my right wrist on the underside with 3 drops of blood coming off it (its actually better than it sounds, but i had my reasons for getting it on my wrist, which i wont really post unless im asked - thats not a cue for you all to ask :happy:) Above the dagger i have the word adore (but it was all done at the same time so it counts as one tattoo or my whole seven thing is wrong!) Then i have two stars on my left wrist basically where my watch, one under the watch face and one on the opposite side, the underside of your wrist) goes so you dont really see them ; one of the stars i got in memory of my gf who died. Then i have a cloud a star and a rainbow on my right hip (yes, from my 'lesbian' days) - then another one on my right forearm, which is just a simple pattern...

which leads me onto the last one i have, its a naked woman on her knees wearing knee high boots and holding a gun above her head... (ok i know im an idiot - but i had this whole thing for lara croft a few years back) Its just the black outline as i dont really like coloured tattoos.. But at work when they saw this tattoo because she is generally covered by my t-shirt or shirt, one of the ladies said to me "you're not what i think you are, are you?" Now, i know she meant, wooah, your not a lesbian are you.. i said 'no' because well, im not, least not anymore.. and left it at that .. it actually freaked me out a little that if i had said yes, i know that my work would have had a fit.. they wont employ a guy because apparently he would have to use a seperate bathroom.. and im guessing if i was a lesbian then they wouldnt employ me to look after 21 old ladies! Im actually glad im leaving now..

But, really id like to know ;
do you have tattoos? - if so what do they mean and what are they ?
would you want a tattoo and why?
What do you think of tattoos?

I just really want to have some lame chat on tattoos lol.

(we've got boxers so, why not :heehee:)

Kieron Andrew
10-31-2007, 07:37 AM
But, really id like to know ;
do you have tattoos? - if so what do they mean and what are they ?
would you want a tattoo and why?
What do you think of tattoos?

I just really want to have some lame chat on tattoos lol.

(we've got boxers so, why not :heehee:)

there is a tattoo thread somewhere not sure if its here or in the boys club where a few have posted pics of their inks :)

i want one yes but i keep changing my mind on designs, so wont til i have my mind set

Anthony Jake
10-31-2007, 07:47 AM
there is a tattoo thread somewhere not sure if its here or in the boys club where a few have posted pics of their inks :)
spoil my fun! lol.

i want one yes but i keep changing my mind on designs, so wont til i have my mind set
thats a very sensible idea kieron, definately make sure you can live with it for the rest of your life... some of mine are becoming annoying because they're from a different part of my life, a different place y'know.

Kieron Andrew
10-31-2007, 07:51 AM
spoil my fun! lol.

spoiling your fun would have been if i posted a link to the thread :tongueout but cant be bothered to look for it :lol2:

SirTrey
10-31-2007, 07:54 AM
I have four tats....and they are all meaningful....I wouldn't get one that wasn't, for Me it's both art AND personal expression.....
1) I have a heart with barbed wire through it (on My left calf) and the words "Love Hurts"....This tattoo expresses My kinky side...:)
2) I have a Pentacle on My right calf, this represents My Pagan side.
3) I have a Raven behind My right shoulder....This tattoo is a matching one that My daughter and I both have....We had it designed together and we got them done together....My first grandchild was named Raven and she was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, long story short, that is a very rare and severe heart defect....They tried to save her at the University of Michigan, she was the smallest baby that they ever attempted to save at that time (not sure about now), but she died at nine weeks old....Underneath the Raven is the chinese symbol for "grandchild"....My daughter has exactly the same bird, but hers has the Chinese symbol for "child" since Raven was her daughter.
4) I have an armband tattoo (upper left arm) in gothic font that says Strength Discipline Compassion and has the Mars symbol (the genetic symbol for Male) between each word....This one I got because of My role as husband in the relationship with Toni (and more so, expresses how I feel about Myself as a man, and to be those things is My goal, whether THIS relationship works out or not)...Hers says Love Honor Obey and has the Venus symbol (for Female) between each word.
So, those are My tats so far....I'm not going to get a million of them, but may add to My collection as time and circumstances move forward.....**Trey**

Anthony Jake
10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
spoiling your fun would have been if i posted a link to the thread :tongueout but cant be bothered to look for it :lol2:

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623

this would be the link, though i dont know how to rename it, thought id beat you too it :D

Kieron Andrew
10-31-2007, 08:05 AM
http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623

this would be the link, though i dont know how to rename it, thought id beat you too it :D

you cant rename it only a mod can and theres not much point seeing as it is what it is, a thread for trans tats specifically lol

EDIT:- ok thats not the one i meant, there is one called 'post your ink' and its not specifically about trans tats its all tats

wanttobejoe
10-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Personally I don't like tattoos or piercings, so I don't have any.

Tobie
10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
I currently have two tattoos, waiting to get the third done.

My first is the Capricorn symbol, upper right back/shoulder area. For my firstborn.

The second is japanese kanji, koneko, meaning kitten. That's for my inner self.

The third I'm waiting to get done is the Gemini symbol on an area close to the Capricorn one, for my littlest man.

nikki_t
10-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I love tattoos and have a few myself.

I saw on the news about a month ago about this new tattoo ink that makes your tattoo removable easily with just one laser session.

CaptLex
10-31-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't have any tats yet, but I hope to get some in the near future. You never see a pirate without tattoos, right?

Seth, this is a bit off-topic, but I want to add that the woman who asked you if you are what she thinks you are, had absolutely no business doing so, and you weren't obligated to answer her. Man, I hate nosy people! :Angry3:

Anthony Jake
10-31-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't have any tats yet, but I hope to get some in the near future. You never see a pirate without tattoos, right?

Seth, this is a bit off-topic, but I want to add that the woman who asked you if you are what she thinks you are, had absolutely no business doing so, and you weren't obligated to answer her. Man, I hate nosy people! :Angry3:

A true pirate should definately have some sort of branding..

and that woman, aka 'the cleaner' it just made me real uncomfortable, well more uncomfortable than i am already there as they only know me as a girl, so im already out of sorts with what im wearing there.. to be asked or more so told what i am was just plain uncomfortable.. even if i was a happy lesbian i'd still have felt damn uncomfortable in saying, well yes.. y'know.

I dont mind people asking, i just dont like to know they're asking so the can react.

CaptLex
10-31-2007, 10:29 AM
I dont mind people asking, i just dont like to know they're asking so the can react.
But the point is that it's up to you to choose who to tell and not tell. Just because someone asks us anything doesn't mean we have to answer them.
That's an invasion of privacy - you're not asking her for her opinion of you, lesbians or anything else. I prefer people to keep their opinions to themselves, unless I ask them. And the best way to ensure this is to make sure they respect my privacy. But that's just my :2c: - I'm not saying it's what you should do. It just bugs me when people do that. :rolleyes:

Anthony Jake
10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
But the point is that it's up to you to choose who to tell and not tell. Just because someone asks us anything doesn't mean we have to answer them.
That's an invasion of privacy - you're not asking her for her opinion of you, lesbians or anything else. I prefer people to keep their opinions to themselves, unless I ask them. And the best way to ensure this is to make sure they respect my privacy. But that's just my :2c: - I'm not saying it's what you should do. It just bugs me when people do that. :rolleyes:

but the way in which she said it, 'you're not what i think you are, are you' its not really a question its more of a statement which needs defending .. if i hadnt answered then really im confirming her suspicions. Before i'd have no problem in anyone thinking anything of me, but now it kind of bothers me because im trying damn hard to be something other than what its obvious i am, when to me thats not what i am.

sorry im having a bad day which is about to get a hell of a lot worse when my mum comes home in about 10 minutes ...considering i left the PC ON this morning and came home to find it off... now, i know she has just about seen everything.. because everything was everywhere this morning and i am not just talking in reference to what she has seen on the PC screen ; basically im gonna have to do something today .. and i really didnt want to do it yet. :(

CaptLex
10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
but the way in which she said it, 'you're not what i think you are, are you' its not really a question its more of a statement which needs defending .. if i hadnt answered then really im confirming her suspicions. Before i'd have no problem in anyone thinking anything of me, but now it kind of bothers me because im trying damn hard to be something other than what its obvious i am, when to me thats not what i am.
I'm sorry, Seth, I certainly don't mean to be preachy, but regardless of how she worded it, I still see it as a question and I still see it as none of her business. Again, I'm not saying what you should or shouldn't do, but if someone said that to me, I'm sure I would respond with something like, "I don't know what you think I am, and I really don't care."

I'm sorry you're dealing with stuff, and that seems to be just the time when we're vulnerable to other people dumping their own crap on us. :itsok:

sorry im having a bad day which is about to get a hell of a lot worse when my mum comes home in about 10 minutes ...considering i left the PC ON this morning and came home to find it off... now, i know she has just about seen everything.. because everything was everywhere this morning and i am not just talking in reference to what she has seen on the PC screen ; basically im gonna have to do something today .. and i really didnt want to do it yet. :(
Oh man . . . . I hope that goes better than it sounds. Good luck, dude. :hugs:

And now that we're hopelessly off course here . . . does anyone have Capt. Jack's magic compass handy? :p

ZenFrost
10-31-2007, 12:16 PM
I love tattoos, but have none. I'm not sure what I'd get, but I'd definitely design them myself (and possibly do them myself) because I'm an artist.

Adam
10-31-2007, 12:36 PM
i have one on my left arm and its a snake i just like snakes thats why i had it done tats are cool i plan on getting another one on my leg when i get the money :D

Victoria Anne
10-31-2007, 01:07 PM
If I may reply , I have 8 tats and all have meaning but all save one I will eventually get rid of. In the order I got them ( these were mostly to prove I'm the tough guy and not a wimp ) 1) a woman in confederate grey holding a rebel flag w/ the word cavalry ( my great something grandfather was in the 1st Virginia cavalry this is on my left shoulder and 2) on my right shoulder is a tiger shark w/ the words shark hunter and yes I was crazy as it was, I love sharks hence 3) on my left forarm a hammerhead shark and 4) left shoulder a full rig sailing ship I love the old wooden vesssels and 5) right forearm USMC force recon w/ pic of soldier and 6) also right forarm a fowled anchor with my childrens names and my wifes name 7) my left forarm anoter full rig ship w/ the Southern Cross a ship ( the name I gave a model ship I scratch built as the real deal all hard wood and 9' 1/4" , she puts up 4,400 sq inches of sail) and lastly 8) a CD/TG symbol near my groin.

Kris
10-31-2007, 02:37 PM
I have 5 tattoos.

One is a mendella on my shoulder with my youngest childrens names around it. One is a permanent friendship bracelet on my right ankle. One is grandfather moon blowing smoke out of his nose on my chest. The other two are someplace only special people get to see! :heehee: Yes one of them was cut through to have my son.

:hugs: Kris

Ryan
10-31-2007, 03:10 PM
I love em, hence why I have over twenty. I have 'NAN' and a heart tattoed on my fingers of my right hand as a memorial, as I was there holding her hand when she passed away. I have a tigers head on my lower back, but is not finished, had two and a half hours done and needed to go back, but the shop I had it done at in Evesham got flooded out in the Evesham floods this year. I love tigers hence that one. I have a grim reaper Taz tattooed on the top of my arm....as I love Taz too, and I have two Harely Davidson Tattooes, one on the other arm, and one on the back of my calf muscle on my leg....coz erm...you guessed it, I love Harleys too.

I have two tattoo's both saying 'Todd' which was the name of my boy I lost back in 2003 due to an ectopic pregnancy, the reason for the tats there are obvious! Hurm......I have two skulls, a puppy dog above one of the 'Todd' tats, and I have three tribal ones, (one to cover an exes name), lol and the one is on my shoulder blade has the US stripes and stars on as I always wanted to go to the US, and have still never got there....but I know I will. I also have a British Lion and Union Jack on the side of my calf.....coz I do remember where I come from....and I have one that I traced out of a book too, to do with vampires and such, lol.....I wont go on the list gets tiresome, lol!

Tamara Croft
10-31-2007, 03:19 PM
I have one tattoo on my right shoulder blade, it's my 'other' internet nickname. I've had it almost 8 years and it was a bet... I know... doh... but I guess it has significance, because the internet really did save my life (long story).

nikki_t
10-31-2007, 03:39 PM
I love tattoos, but have none. I'm not sure what I'd get, but I'd definitely design them myself (and possibly do them myself) because I'm an artist.

You can buy full kits with inks and real tattoo gun with several needles for about $150

mistunderstood
10-31-2007, 04:17 PM
I have three tatoos. One is a frog because I like frogs, one is a peace symbol with two roses and my moms birth and death date and one that says eat me and a cherry. Last one I was really drunk and mad when I got it.

ZenFrost
10-31-2007, 11:17 PM

Psh. We've got multiples of every thread (I can't count how many binder thread there are) so another tattoo thread isn't gonna do us in. :rolleyesp:

You can buy full kits with inks and real tattoo gun with several needles for about $150

Eh... or not. I'd either A. become a tattoo artist and have and actual studio with all the needed supplies or B. do it traditional style via needle and inkwell as they do in many parts of the world. Either way I'd get myself some training first. But I don't know if I ever will get a tattoo.

Hidden Tell
11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I love tats. If I were to get one it'd prolly end up being some version of a doodle I did a while back that features a boy with a fox next to him and a wolf laying in his lap. But seeing as Im no artist, I'd have to find somebody that could turn my crap doodle into something decent and workable. And come up with the cash for it of course. Less than likely, but one can dream, eh?

Kieron Andrew
11-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Ok i just took a nap earlier and had the STRANGEST dream!! i dreamt i was in a tattoo parlour getting a tat done.....someone remind me not to read these types of threads before a nap please lol

KarenSusan
11-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Tattoos - Body graffitti

ZenFrost
11-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Tattoos - Body graffitti

I love graffiti! One of my favorite artforms.

Anthony Jake
11-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I love graffiti! One of my favorite artforms.

It can be very cool graffiti.. especially when done properly.. i dont like the 'graffiti' silly kids do, like scribbling their names on walls... gotta be real graffiti.. y'know the stuff i mean.. :D

DanielMacBride
11-03-2007, 01:28 AM
I currently have 4 tattoos and am planning a LOT more (yes, I'm an inkaholic LOL). My current ink is:

Left ankle: an anklet of flowers with a big butterfly which is patterned as a tiger's face (if that makes sense, my eldest daughter designed it for me when she was about 5yrs old and if you look at it one way its a butterfly, but if you look again its a tigers face). I got a small butterfly inside my left ankle at 19 and the rest of the anklet about 4yrs later.

Top of left foot: The Reiki symbols (as I am a Reiki practitioner) - I got these at about 23yrs old I think :)

Upper left leg (just below the hip): my first ever tattoo, a very stoned frog sort of half sprawled on a toadstool and smoking a pipe - this was in its own way my anti-drug statement as the frog looks like he doesn't even know what day it is LOL and it suits my twisted sense of humour ;) I got this one at 19.

Upper right arm: a pentagram made of vine leaves and what appears to be a branch but it's actually a snake wound around the outside, with a wolf paw print underneath it on the left side of the pentagram. I got this one last year as I am a longtime Pagan and have a longstanding relationship with the wolf also :)

I won't list all the tattoos I have planned here as there are about another 24-25 of them LOL....but I will say that every single one is significant to me for various reasons - there are a couple that represent significant people in my life journey (one is going to be a paint horse's head on my left shoulder blade with a couple of clouds to represent a soulmate of mine who goes by SkyHorse, one will represent my brother Alf who has passed on - I wont explain that one as it was an inside joke between us, but it is a yellow rubber bath type duck with a black leather jacket, shades and bikers cap LOL), and then there is the tattoo for my brother - this will be the Awen symbol, on my right ankle. I also have a number of tattoos planned that are of magickal and spiritual significance to me - some will be Gaelic writing, others symbolic, and even a couple that are not Celtic.

I also have a couple planned that are sort of representative of my trans journey - on my right foot, a chameleon sitting on a branch (I planned this one YEARS ago before I had any idea LOL but its scarily appropriate, particularly now I am a member of Chameleons here in Western Australia LOL, and for quite a while I identified myself AS a gender chameleon!); also around my right wrist, a salamander (transformation).

Anyway that's a small part of my planned ink - won't take up a whole page with the rest LOL ;) But I will leave you all with one of my favourite tattoo quotes:

"The Bible says my body is a temple. All I'm doing is painting the walls".

Daniel (whose skin is currently itching for more art)

jsoto81
11-03-2007, 03:32 PM
I want to get a tat and I've had this design in mind for the longest time. It's going to be a little cartoon penguin with a old school banner underneath it and it's simply going to say "slide", i want to get it on my left forearm on the underside, the idea came from fight club, but in the book (which I love) it tells you why the penguin says slide. "It's only after you've reached rock bottom that you can truly let everything slide." It's a great book, if you get a chance you should read it.

And then second one I want to get on my right forearm is a quote that says, "even from a dark night songs of beauty can be born" by Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey

So those are my two starter tats that I'll hopefully get in a few months.

ZenFrost
11-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I want to get a tat and I've had this design in mind for the longest time. It's going to be a little cartoon penguin with a old school banner underneath it and it's simply going to say "slide", i want to get it on my left forearm on the underside, the idea came from fight club, but in the book (which I love) it tells you why the penguin says slide. "It's only after you've reached rock bottom that you can truly let everything slide." It's a great book, if you get a chance you should read it.

And then second one I want to get on my right forearm is a quite that says, "even from a dark night songs of beauty can be born" by Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey

So those are my two starter tats that I'll hopefully get in a few months.

Those sound awesome! Especially the "Slide" one.

Sammy_34DD
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey there...yeah I also have a couple...in various locations...and I've been told that when I'm a girl they tend to make me look tough (like I really know what that means...are they saying butch-tough?) I think its because they are more rougher in subject matter...so I thought maybe I should try to hide them...for a more feminine look?

xsideburnsx
01-10-2008, 11:30 AM
I also love tattoos, but don't have any at the moment. I want my tattoos to be original and I'm having a hard time finding an artist I like. Once I get the cash and find the right artist, I plan on getting sleeves.

Joanne f
01-10-2008, 03:17 PM
I saw a female last year who was wearing a backless top and right across her back was a tattoo of a dark angle, i thought it looked great and could not stop looking at it (the tattoo):D

joanne

hayden von beethoven
01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
I have three. =]
I have "mother (black dot) (big grey and black butterfly) (black dot) daughter" on the underside of my left forearm, the mother and daughter is written in farsi (the iranian language) dedicated to my mommy, I chose the farsi because she lived in and survived (barely) living in Iran when she was 17-19 so at 18, I got that ink. Oh and the butterfly is because my mom has a blue butterfly dedicated to my grandma, so I got the black and grey A.) because the blue one is her thing and B.) because grandma is no longer with us.

I have "words were our wings" in a purdy font wrapped around my left forearm right below my elbow and "now let them be our rifles" wrapping around my right forearm below the elbow. That combined (words were our wings, now let them be our rifles.) is a line from my all time favourite poet (okay.. I'm obsessed with him.) and dear texting buddy Derrick C. Brown. That line means a lot to me being a writer, because like Derrick in junior high through high school I wrote to escape, now I write to impact, express, and explode.

I plan to get many more, including the one sitting on my artist's drawing table at the moment, I hope to get it done in a few weeks. It's a full body portrait of Elliot Smith holding an ubrella standing next to a street sign that says "Condor Ave." which is my "Getting over Deana" song, I want to get it on my right forearm (same place as mother daughter).

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
01-15-2008, 08:11 PM
this is my only tattoo.. and a friend did it with a pin and ink :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Aara/DSC01017.jpg

TeaPirateFox
01-19-2008, 10:09 PM
And here I believed pin and ink never really worked. I stand corrected.

I don't have any as of yet but I have some planned and all of them have meaning.

I'm going to get:

A sleeve on my right arm starting from my wrist and fading into my palm and it goes up onto my shoulder. Its going to be the four guardian beasts of Chinese mythology. The date "Novemeber 11" faded into it with certain quotes that I haven't decided which ones yet. That date is not only my mas' birthday, but also the last day I saw her before I lost her. The quotes are important things she's said to me. Things I've remembered and written down. Its going to finish with the Dragon climbing up on my neck.

I'm going to have stars climbing up the underside of my left forearm for each friend I've either lost to suicide, accidents, or a hate crime of some sort. Each ones going to have a different colour for each person.

Across my collar bone is going to be the phrase "Live and let Live" as I do not believe in death but only growing in wisdom.

Between my hip bones (my very close friend, I don't think he knows how dearly I hold him, designed this one for me) is going to be "Vanity of Vanities" in Latin. Its in honor of my trans-ness. lol.

On my back (another friend designed this one for me) is going to be torn up angel wings in a spider web like design, it looks like their dripping blood. I've been through alot in my life. And several times I've been told "You should have died" "You should have bled out" "You shouldn't be alive from those accidents". I remember getting t-boned and actually getting out of the car. I was on the side that was hit, and having the cop and the paramedic look at me in disbelief (they later told me it was a miracle that I survived). I'm not being high and mighty on myself, but I've also been told that I might be a fallen angel. That I'm here for the defined reason of helping people. And Im far from done. So my friend designed these for me.

And leaning against my left shoulder blade is going to be Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas, acting as my conscience. I wasn't allowed to watch Disney growing up but my ma introduced me to this movie early in my life and loved it and I learned to love it just as much. So its another tribute to her.

Then I want an anklet of fox paws on both ankles and then a final paw over my wrist on my left forwarm above the stars.

Mainly above the stars so maybe my spirit will aid those souls as its aided me.

Yup. ^^

Thats all for now

Cheerz, Maxik

Cathii
01-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't currently have any tattoos because I can never decide what I want and even when I decide what I want I can't decide where I want it.

I had this one done in henna for about a year on my calf but I never really liked where it was.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/18/23774727_d4a05d412b_o.jpg

When I can decide where and what size I might actually get it done for real. There again it might never happen.....

Cathii

Kieron Andrew
01-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't currently have any tattoos because I can never decide what I want and even when I decide what I want I can't decide where I want it.

When I can decide where and what size I might actually get it done for real. There again it might never happen.....

Cathii

Thats exactly my problem....i never know what to put where!!! so dont have one yet! but i really want one!

mistunderstood
01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
I want two koi fish swimming up stream on my right leg. Koi fish mean lots of things and for me I would like to mean change from female to male and luck. With them swimming up stream that means they are swimming against adversity. When I am totaly done with changeing my gender I will have the koi look like they have jumped on to my back and have my inteir back done with koi fish who have changed color to deeper viberant colors as well as a golden gate. As the fish are jumping they will take shape as dragons to watch my back from then on.

Cai
03-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Thread revival!

My mother offered to pay for a tattoo as a birthday present. I'm thinking of getting something that represents my attachment to taekwondo and Korea, and also trying to incorporate some non-obvious trans symbolism. (That's because a. I want to be able to show it to my mom and b. in the future, I might not want to expose myself as trans every time someone sees it).

I've been looking into using the lambda symbol in it somehow, as I like the meanings I've been finding for it. I know for the TKD symbolism, I do not want to use the taegueki (the red and blue symbol in the center) as people would assume it was a flawed yin-yang.

I designed this, though I'd probably want it in color:
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9021/nocoloryp6.gif

I'm not sure yet, though. Need to do more work.

Kieron Andrew
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM
love it Cai....totally...im still trying to come up with a Tat that i will get in NYC when i go, that incorporates the bulldog and trans symbol

Cai
03-10-2008, 12:42 PM
The design keeps growing on me as I play with it. My roommate suggested going circular instead of linear. If I put the trigrams in a circle, but use the same basic design, I get this:
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1818/possiblebh8.gif

Kieron Andrew
03-10-2008, 12:53 PM
The design keeps growing on me as I play with it. My roommate suggested going circular instead of linear. If I put the trigrams in a circle, but use the same basic design, I get this:

to be honest i prefer the first one lol

Kieron Andrew
03-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Ok i have a Tat request anyone looking in on this that is good at drawing, give me a PM lol

CaptLex
03-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Maybe my brain's not working, but I don't really see a difference between the two designs apart from some spacing . . . :confused:

Cai
03-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Maybe my brain's not working, but I don't really see a difference between the two designs apart from some spacing . . . :confused:

Uh...yeah Lex, the spacing would be the difference.

Kieron Andrew
03-10-2008, 01:22 PM

second one has wider spacing!

CaptLex
03-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Uh...yeah Lex, the spacing would be the difference.
Oh okay, that's it? I was looking for more drastic changes. :tongue:

Now I wanna see it in color. :D

Cai
03-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Oh okay, that's it? I was looking for more drastic changes. :tongue:

Now I wanna see it in color. :D

I'm actually toying with the idea of just leaving it in black. Black will last longer and stay fresher - color tends to fade.

Tobie
03-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Black is also cheaper than colour.

I like the design, but definitely prefer the first one with less space.

privateperks
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I think I prefer the first as well.

I've got two tats, both to do with my tribe. One on the underside of my left arm and the other on my right shoulder. I'm planning on a third for the end of the school year, probably right arm this time. I design my own. Getting something that a dozen other people already picked out of a book just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

Kieron Andrew
03-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Getting something that a dozen other people already picked out of a book just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

me either thats why ive not decided on a design yet

Trapezoid
03-12-2008, 09:59 PM
I've got 13 tattoos. not sure i want any more, but don't regret any that i have except one funky cover-up. having forearm tats back in the 80's before it was so common added to my dangerously circus vibe.....

Kieron Andrew
03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
OK at last ive decided on my Tat that im getting in the states....

im modifying it slightly so that his tattoo will be the trans symbol or maybe swapping the goggles for a cap and modifying the bulldog to be an english bulldog not french...(the ears are different lol)

CaptLex
03-19-2008, 12:02 PM
OK at last ive decided on my Tat that im getting in the states....
I like it, especially with the modifications you described. :thumbsup:

And I really like the banner on the bike. :heehee:

Can I go with you when you get it done? :battingeyelashes:

Kieron Andrew
03-19-2008, 12:05 PM
And I really like the banner on the bike. :heehee:Thought u might :heehee:

Can I go with you when you get it done? :battingeyelashes:im thinking its gonna be done over two sittings....you just wanna see me in pain dontcha! :doh:

CaptLex
03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
im thinking its gonna be done over two sittings....you just wanna see me in pain dontcha! :doh:
Noooooo . . . I can hold your hand. ;)

Kieron Andrew
03-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Noooooo . . . I can hold your hand. ;)

:doh: you find ANY excuse dontcha! :heehee:

CaptLex
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
:doh: you find ANY excuse dontcha! :heehee:
But isn't that what fiances are for? :tongueout

RBelmonte
03-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Tattoo.. I've wanted one at times, then decided against it. So, if you catch me in a mood that I do want it, I've actually designed one myself that I'd get on my shoulder. It's a black rose and I've still not decided if I want the stem or not.

My reasoning behind it is because that's where my master has marked me and that's his symbol ^.~ :hugs:

anything else, no idea yet. Mostly trying to figure out if I really want that one or not, though I'll probably end up getting it... with a friend who wont laugh at me for cringing at the needles.. -_-

KrazyKat
03-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Hmmm, I never wanted a tat, until I saw the snarling black panther on Karen's back(uh, she was a little "inspired" one day). I loved the look of it, and since I always identified with a black panther(all my life), I thought it would be awesome to have one, too!! So, a couple of years ago, Karen held my hand, and I bit on a bullet!! Here's the result. Karen is on the left, and she added color to mine, it's on the right. The artist was telling me how she made mine more "fem", which I laughed to myself about!! That was like the farthest thing from my mind!!
Now, we always have each other's back!!

This is what the artwork looks like, but in the reverse position, or as close to it as I could find.63082

Kieron, I really like your bulldog on a Bike, looks good!!:thumbsup:

Yes, it did hurt, a lot at first, but I went to my "happy" place in my mind!!

Kieron Andrew
03-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Hmmm, I never wanted a tat, until I saw the snarling black panther on Karen's back(uh, she was a little "inspired" one day). I loved the look of it, and since I always identified with a black panther(all my life), I thought it would be awesome to have one, too!! So, a couple of years ago, Karen held my hand, and I bit on a bullet!! Here's the result. Karen is on the left, and she added color to mine, it's on the right.
Now, we always have each other's back!!Wow i really like that panther and i think its really cool you have matching tattoo's

Kieron, I really like your bulldog on a Bike, looks good!!:thumbsup:Thanks i found it this morning and it just jumped out at me as being 'the one' with a few personal modifications

metalguy639
03-20-2008, 08:20 AM
I have 3 tattoos. All 3 I designed myself. I suggest you get a good artist to design your tats or design them yourself as they will be personal to just you. If you pick something off the tatto shop wall tons of other people have the same one and then its not original. If you are ok with something that is not original then by all means go ahead and get it! Personally I would rather have my own though :D I will be able to dig out some pics eventually of mine :D

Michelle-NC
03-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Actually just got my first tattoo last night, as birthday present from you wife/SO....we have a BDSM lifestyle, and this tat represents this...here is a link for anyone who wants to see it:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79196

crossdresscd
03-20-2008, 08:59 PM
go for it.
i have 3 tattoos, one rose and two butterfly.

Cai
03-20-2008, 09:34 PM
I got it! I used the smaller design. Pictures later - I don't have any yet. It came out really well though.

ZenFrost
03-20-2008, 09:40 PM
I got it! I used the smaller design. Pictures later - I don't have any yet. It came out really well though.

Cool! You may want to wait a couple days on the picture until it heals though.

Cai
03-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Cool! You may want to wait a couple days on the picture until it heals though.

It hasn't started scabbing yet, so I'm hoping if I take shots tonight, they'll look nice.

Cai
03-22-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't think I'm allowed to post this in the main forum (I have to take my shirt off for the tattoo to be visible), so I'm putting it here.

Here's the tattoo:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8859/cimg1004hy1or9.jpg

and for placement purposes, here's me with it:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1509/cimg1012wx8.jpg

Kieron Andrew
03-22-2008, 10:49 PM
yeah i think you can post that and get away with it, cos you aren't showing body parts, karen and kat posted theirs lol

wow looking cool dude!! i like it...ok i want mine now lol!!, you pleased with it?

ZenFrost
03-22-2008, 10:53 PM
It looks great! :bg: It came out really well. :thumbsup:

Cai
03-22-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm very happy with it.

It hardly hurt at all, really - as soon as he lifted the needle, the pain stopped. The artist said I did well afterward - he hadn't even realised it was my first one. :D (I'll tell you, though, the needle makes a godawful buzzing noise.)

Hey, moderator peoples, if this is acceptable, you can merge it with the tattoo thread out in the main Transmasculine forum.

CaptLex
03-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Whoa! That's one sexy back . . . :blush:

Abraxas
03-23-2008, 01:46 AM
Ooh! Very nice, man. I like it a lot! :thumbsup:

(I so want another one; just don't know what to get or where to get it.)

Wendy me
03-23-2008, 05:45 AM
Kieron like the planed tat ..... give it some thought as a lot of guys have tattoo regret not long after the ink is done .... i know "HE" got us some ink ..... not really bad ink but not something Wendy would have had done...........

Wendy me
03-23-2008, 05:46 AM
I don't think I'm allowed to post this in the main forum (I have to take my shirt off for the tattoo to be visible), so I'm putting it here.

Here's the tattoo:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8859/cimg1004hy1or9.jpg

and for placement purposes, here's me with it:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1509/cimg1012wx8.jpg

i like your ink ...... veary cool..........:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...... .

Abraxas
03-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Ooh-hoo.
This looks really cool... http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2006-04/glow-in-the-dark-tattoo.jpg

It's UV reactive so you can't see it except under blacklight. You could be completely covered in tattoos, and nobody would ever know. Invisible tattoo! Mwahaha! Plus, it's bones. *cackle*

Kieron Andrew
03-23-2008, 04:37 PM
you tempted to get it Benny?

ZenFrost
03-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Ooh-hoo.
This looks really cool... http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2006-04/glow-in-the-dark-tattoo.jpg

It's UV reactive so you can't see it except under blacklight. You could be completely covered in tattoos, and nobody would ever know. Invisible tattoo! Mwahaha! Plus, it's bones. *cackle*

That does look really cool.

Cai
03-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Ooh-hoo.

I've heard of those! They look awesome.

Abraxas
03-24-2008, 12:51 AM
you tempted to get it Benny?

Ohhhh yes. :D
If I did do it, though, I might get it in black with UV highlights so you can see it in the light and under blacklight.
I wonder how much one of those would cost, compared to regular black ink...

Kieron Andrew
03-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Ohhhh yes. :D
If I did do it, though, I might get it in black with UV highlights so you can see it in the light and under blacklight.
I wonder how much one of those would cost, compared to regular black ink...

You know, when you get it done you will have to install a UV light in your bedroom so you can take pics of it for us lol

Abraxas
03-24-2008, 01:08 AM
lol but of course! And anyway, I couldn't stand not being able to see it myself. :D

Although I do love the idea, I really don't like the idea of having a tattoo someone else has... Maybe I could do the muscles instead or something...

I was also considering doing a tattoo on my chest after surgery to cover the scars, but... I dunno. I tend to like smaller tattoos. I don't really want to cover a large area of my body. *shrug*

Cai
03-25-2008, 12:10 PM
uhh...my tattoo is shedding black flakes. Is this normal? The whole thing does still seem to be there.

Kieron Andrew
03-25-2008, 12:14 PM
uhh...my tattoo is shedding black flakes. Is this normal? The whole thing does still seem to be there.

its just healing dead skin is all dude, don't worry....its scabbing over probably, just dont pick it!

Cai
03-25-2008, 12:18 PM
its just healing dead skin is all dude, don't worry....its scabbing over probably, just dont pick it!

I'm not. The black stuff comes off whenever I rub the skin cream on it.

I can tell it's healing though - the lower part of the tattoo isn't raised any more.

Kieron Andrew
03-25-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm not. The black stuff comes off whenever I rub the skin cream on it.

I can tell it's healing though - the lower part of the tattoo isn't raised any more.

yeah its just excess ink and dead skin you are rubbing off thats all :D

Adam
03-25-2008, 12:40 PM

Totally normal both mine did this for about 2 weeks after you will find when you have a bath you lose even more black but dont worry as long as you dont pick it you wont have any clour loss :)

And it is a very nice tat too turned out well

Adam
03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Ooh-hoo.

OMG!!! i so want that :eek::D not seen them before i no our tat place dont do them as i have looked at all there stuff :heehee:

Michelle-NC
03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
The flaking or dead skin is normal...I just got my tat last week, and it started flaking about 3 days later...now it is in the itching portion of the healing cycle....and my Tattoo shop told me if it itched...to smack it...of course mine is on my right butt cheek...soooooo....

metalguy639
03-26-2008, 12:13 AM

Or scratch it! Trust me you will want to eventually don't it will mess up the tat if you scratch too much!

Cai
03-26-2008, 12:16 AM
It hurts me. :( I'm almost looking forward to the itching - at least it'll stop hurting! (then again, once it starts itching I'll probably want pain back)

I want it to heal so I can bind again - the sports bras are just not the same.

metalguy639
03-26-2008, 12:17 AM
It hurts me. :( I'm almost looking forward to the itching - at least it'll stop hurting! (then again, once it starts itching I'll probably want pain back)

I want it to heal so I can bind again - the sports bras are just not the same.

Takes a couple of weeks it will be over before you know it :D

Fire Falcon
03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
I adore tattoos, and have several planned out. The one I want most is a barcode on the back of my neck, followed by an Egyptian solar disk across my shoulders, with an ankh in the circle. ^^ And right under it, I want the word "serpent" written in Arabic... under THAT I want the Japanese kanji for dragon and snake... Under those I want a phoenix, and across my lower back, I want a spider.

All plain black ink. I don't like colored tattoos. :D

ZenFrost
03-31-2008, 09:23 PM
I adore tattoos, and have several planned out. The one I want most is a barcode on the back of my neck,

Which barcode? Will you just make up one or copy one from a kleenex box or something or just use a general barcode pattern and not stick to the actual algorithm or...? Sorry for asking such pesky questions, barcodes just fascinate me.

And didn't they have that in a TV show once? I think it was called Dark Angel and people in it had barcodes on the backs of their necks...

Fire Falcon
03-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Which barcode? Will you just make up one or copy one from a kleenex box or something or just use a general barcode pattern and not stick to the actual algorithm or...? Sorry for asking such pesky questions, barcodes just fascinate me.

And didn't they have that in a TV show once? I think it was called Dark Angel and people in it had barcodes on the backs of their necks...

Actually, I'm planning to use the algorithm... I'm going to translate a phrase into numbers via numerology. Then I'll input the numbers into a bar code maker and print it out. :D

And yes, Dark Angel had people with bar codes. ^^