PDA

View Full Version : Buying Clothes

takoyaki
04-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Over the years, as I've been shopping with my mom (unwillingly), i've noticed that while in the women's clothing department, it's bustling with girls and women of all ages, I hardly ever see ANY guys in the mens department!
Since then, I've heard somewhere that men dont like to go shopping for clothes (I hate clothes shopping too -_-;), and normally if they do, the just grab and go.

Guess my question here is, how does the FTM CD community feel about shopping in the mens department/area? Is it a 'grab-and-go' situation, does it make you uncomfortable to linger there, or do you just buy your clothes online?

Not really a big deal, just curious since by the end of July or beginning of August, im going on an all out men's clothing shopping spree. ><

Abraxas
04-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Heh...
I love clothes shopping. I am so obsessed with everything male that I just love to hang out in the mens' department and look around.
But that's just me, and I'm a gay boi so... Maybe I have a different perspective than a straight boi would.

Loui
04-02-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm not keen on shopping in the physical sense of having to walk around a store and try things on and put up with people and queing and changing rooms... I order a lot of clothing off of the net now. I do like clothes though, I like things that look good and fit well. So yeah, like clothes, don't like shopping. I order just about everything off the net where possible. Guess I'm just lazy.

When I do go shopping though I do love browsing around the mens department of one or two of my favourite stores which have really stylish mens clothing. Trouble is I tend to have my boyf with me so it just looks like we're shopping solely for him. I get bemused looks when I use the men's changing rooms but there isn't a female room down there (its on the basement floor and completely menswear throughout) so I get away with it.

I have some really nice t-shirts from menswear departments that my boyf turned his nose up at originally but I've since lost them to him :) It's great being able to steal each others clothes though.

Damyin_Ryon
04-02-2005, 10:46 PM
I have no issues buying clothes in the men's department. I HATE standing in the women's department while my girlfriend is shopping, however, IF I have to try something on and there are stupid people around, I'll just use the women's dressing rooms. I'm pretty good at knowing what size I will need from which brand since I only wear a select few brands. I've never been questioned as to why I was in the men's department or even why I was looking at the men's underwear and purchasing them. I guess it all depends on how well you pass as to whether or not you will have something said.

takoyaki
04-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I always feel uncomfortable whenever I go shopping. Doesn't matter if it's in the mens or womens department. I feel like bacteria under a microscope or something. -_-; I normally feel a little more comfortable whenever im wearing my usual guy stuff when I do decide to go shopping than when Im wearing the more girly stuff. But I always feel like hanging myself whenever my parents decide they want to tag along. (They do embarrassing things, like argue in the store or with me. ARG. FRUSTRATION)

Im more of an online kinda person myself. That way I don't have to feel like im being watched... Plus, I can order all of the embarassing stuff I want online!! (Im such a loser >_< lol)

Anyways, thanks for the Input!!

xsideburnsx
04-03-2005, 09:13 PM
This is something me and my girlfriend enjoy doing on an almost daily basis. We tend to separate once we get in the store. She goes to the women's side, I go to the mens side or straight to the "boys" clothing. I hit up the boys section more often because I tend to find clothes that fit me better (I'm a short skinny little *******) and more inexpensive. Suits, button downs, band shirts are my forte. I've bought clothes with no second looks from anyone. I guess even if they did stare in my direction...I already have the "I don't give two shits if you stare at me cause I'll bite your face off" attitude.

takoyaki
04-04-2005, 12:38 AM
ha ha. Nice. Im like normally, just not when im shopping. I tend to get clammy when shopping. (Normally in small stores. I can handle it in larger stores though)
I should toughen up, shouldn't I? lol

xsideburnsx
04-04-2005, 01:59 AM
Yes you definitely need to toughen up. Haha or else.....I'll smack the mean into you kiddo. ;-)

takoyaki
04-04-2005, 03:18 PM
I feel like a dumbass every time I leave out words by accident in postings -_-;
Makes me feel dumb. ><
But yeah, im workin on the whole tough guy act... not as easy as it might seem. I've noticed that sometimes you gotta act like an ass, and it feels a bit weird doing it outside of the house.

timme
04-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi Takoyaki,
I've talked about this shopping business more than any other subject on this site.Like all us sisters we all either hate to shop or can't get enough of it.I rather feel I'm in the middle.I rather not shop for clothes,but I like to find a outfits to wear.That's the fun part.Getting over the embarresment of shopping for female clothes frankly is a just go for it,& don't worry about who thinks what about you! If sales lady ask just tel HER it's a gift for a girlfriend,wife,mother etc.Just relax and have fun picking out your fem attire or male attire,& get over it fast because cross dressing will be a part of your life for the REST OF YOUR LIFE believe me! Shop untill you drop IS MY MOTTO!
HUGS
TIMME

takoyaki
04-04-2005, 11:06 PM
lol. Thanks. I don't mind wearing the clothes, but shopping... er... can't say I enjoy it. I only shop if I want something, normally, and that's pretty rare. So I don't normally go out much. But, that'll all be changing later, I guess ^^;