PDA

View Full Version : Halloween observations

Jennifer in CO
10-31-2007, 11:15 PM
A trick or treat evening. Was it just here or were there fewer pirates and sheets and more Wonder Woman and Elvira?...

I noted that ALL the Wonder Wom(e)n were boys, 3 total. Plus 1 Elvira, 2 cheerleaders - and 2 football players - both football players were girls. One of the WW boys had to be an aspiring CD. About 13 or 14, slim, clean shaven head to toe (WW brunette wig) with makeup and eyebrows arched. If they hadn't called him John as they walked off I would have said female all the way.

Oh...

and the neighbor's 3 year old grandson was over as well.... Dressed as Cinderella.

what a night..

Jenn

Cristi
10-31-2007, 11:38 PM
I counted several teens in drag (no adults, which is unusual as I usually run into at least a few on halloween every year).

Of the teens I saw dressed today, about 3/4 were 'over the top' with bad wigs, tons of makeup and/or outrageous costumes. The other 1/4 made a serious attempt to 'do it right'.

In both cases, though, they could be picked out of a crowd in less than a second since they ALL stomped along like guys and made no attempt to adopt the mannerisms of a girl.

One non-CD observation from tonight: There were about 10 teens in minimal 'costumes' trick-or-treating for every one kid in the 5-10 age group.

goofus
11-01-2007, 04:38 AM
A trick or treat evening. Was it just here or were there fewer pirates and sheets and more Wonder Woman and Elvira?...

I noted that ALL the Wonder Wom(e)n were boys, 3 total. Plus 1 Elvira, 2 cheerleaders - and 2 football players - both football players were girls. One of the WW boys had to be an aspiring CD. About 13 or 14, slim, clean shaven head to toe (WW brunette wig) with makeup and eyebrows arched. If they hadn't called him John as they walked off I would have said female all the way.

Oh...

and the neighbor's 3 year old grandson was over as well.... Dressed as Cinderella.

what a night..

Jenn

Awesome...and here I thought gender strictures (even on halloween) were being enforced as strongly as ever...maybe not :happy:

JazmyneCD
11-01-2007, 03:29 PM
A neighbor a few houses down has a daughter (late teens or 20s) that was dressed as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, but her dress was much shorter.

She was also wearing white thigh-highs with cute light blue bows on top, topped off with patent red heels. My God, not only was I jealous, I was awestruck. She was amazingly cute and sexy. I could not take my eyes off her her--or her outfit ;)

Sally24
11-01-2007, 06:05 PM
This was a fun turn on gender roles from our Friday night outing to The Roxy in Boston. Robin was played by a girl, and Batgirl was played by a boy!

SexySteph
11-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Reading this post brought back an early memory of Halloween and when I dressed up as the Blue Fairy. Now this whole CD thing is making so much more sense :)

MarinaTwelve200
11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
well, in the early 1960's over half of my young teen peers dressed in drag for halloween---(I was afraid to)

This is one of those things that make me think that the percentage of hetro male CDs --or those who entertain CD thoughts is a lot higher than we might think.

Of course we never talked about gays then---I suppose it was in later times when the subject of homosexuality was openly discussed, did the halloween and Mardi gras CDing began to drop off---Fear of being labeled or teased about being gay?

Now that gays are more accepted, , perhaps we are seeing more hetro guys CDing again for hollidays. They might not be afraid anymore about the "gay" label.

Wenda
11-01-2007, 09:17 PM
This was a fun turn on gender roles from our Friday night outing to The Roxy in Boston. Robin was played by a girl, and Batgirl was played by a boy!

My current avatar shows how I went out to celebrate. A friend said I can do Catwoman next year. Trouble is, I have to loose about 30 punds to do that one! Might be worth it. w.

Sheri 4242
11-02-2007, 12:35 AM
A friend said I can do Catwoman next year. Trouble is, I have to loose about 30 punds to do that one! Might be worth it.

It would definitely be worth it, Wenda!!! You go for it, girl!!! You've got just under a year, so NO excuses!!!

PHHEAD
11-02-2007, 07:22 PM

Oh...

what a night..

Jenn
Since I only like to dress in leotards tights pantyhose ballet slippers and red toe nail polish I dressed up as an acrobat I wore a pair of white footed tights blue long sleeve crew neck leotard and black ballet slippers
Before my wife got home I took a shower and sahved from the waist down which I do every morning. Then I put on red toe nail polish and after a hour of waiting for my toes to dry and holding back from making myself *** I slipped on my tights and then pulled on my leotard god I was in heaven
I slipped on my ballet slippers and put on a black cape with a mask of an Italian man with a big mustache and walked outside.
I saw some kids coming and I wanted to run inside but I could not move as they came to my driveway I saw the kids and their moms in all there costumes and its was great they said happy holloween and nice comtume and I said the same back
Well I went out with my wife and grandson for hours and I was so horney when we got home as soon as my grandson left my wife rubbed me threw my leotards and tights and made me *** and she let me sleep in my outfit of course witout the mask