PDA

View Full Version : Lessons learned on Halloween (contribute yours)

Cristi
10-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Here are my 'Lessons learned on halloween'

1) Check the weather forecast before going out. If it calls for 'gusty winds 20-30MPH', do NOT wear that cute above the knee light skirt!

1b) Any wind effect will be amplified on a narrow street between tall buildings. And, per murphy's law, the strongest gust of wind will come just as you are crossing at a crosswalk in front of a dozen waiting cars!

1c) It is really hard to hold down a fly-away skirt while holding a purse in one hand, and a cup of hot coffee in the other!

1d) EVERYBODY in Western Mass. now knows that I was wearing pink panties today.

Note: Trying to move faster makes things worse. More wind will catch under the skirt, you'll realize you DON'T really know how to run in heels and your D cup forms will try to hit you in the chin, all surely adding to the amusement of the drivers watching you.

2) After using the bathroom (no matter which one) make SURE your skirt is not tucked up into you tights when you leave the stall! (This happened to me last halloween. I walked around the store for 10 minutes before some kind woman clued me in)

3) No matter how closely I shave, and how good the makeup job, I can only go for about 4 hours before needing to take it all off to start over.

I'll contribute more tomorrow, I've got to get my beauty sleep now. How about filling in some of the lessons YOU learned?

Phyliss
11-01-2007, 03:22 AM
When going to any large mall for a "trick or treat" night, ( no I didn't get or ask for any candy) there can be at least 1500 people there and NOBODY will "see" you.
Happened last night at the local mall in Newington NH .

Joy Carter
11-01-2007, 04:37 AM
Don't dress and go to a party where their ar drunks. :mad:

Sally24
11-01-2007, 05:21 AM
Short skirts/dresses will try to go North. Tights and hip pads will try to go South!

Kay Sterling
11-01-2007, 05:48 AM
The other thing to worry about on a windy day is a wig. How do you keep them on?

JoAnnDallas
11-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Kay Sterling said

The other thing to worry about on a windy day is a wig. How do you keep them on?

Bobby Pins work for me. I press the bobby pin thru the wig into my hair. I do this in 4-5 places around my head. Just remember to remove them before you remove the wig. Otherwise it can hurt. LOL

Jackie67
11-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Make sure you know where all the restrooms are. Hopefully close by,.:rolleyes:

docrobbysherry
11-01-2007, 09:24 AM
The lesson I've learned from this thread and posts is: if u want to go out in public dressed nice, on Halloween, and be comfortable, move to SoCal!
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

JazmyneCD
11-01-2007, 03:23 PM
As I posted in another thread, if you surprise everybody by dressing at work, don't expect the same reaction the following year. I did again this year and it was rather dull, but at home it's still a rush.

Wenda
11-01-2007, 09:21 PM
check my avatar. Don't wear 5 inch heels for more than three hours unless you have friends who are paramedics. w.

Niya W
11-01-2007, 09:48 PM
i have to go with ,make sure when you leave the ladies room your outfit is not tucked in your tights.

lexygirl
11-02-2007, 04:38 AM
When trying to create cleavage don't use medical tape. I pulls the skin off. I have about three inches on both sides of my chest that are trying to scab over. Ouch!!!

JulieFL
11-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Avoid mixed drinks. The bartender might be pouring your Vodka & Red-bulls stiffly, and when mixed with Red-bull it really doesnt taste like you are drinking almost straight Belvedere :(

Cristi
11-02-2007, 05:14 PM
When trying to create cleavage don't use medical tape. I pulls the skin off. I have about three inches on both sides of my chest that are trying to scab over. Ouch!!!

Oh my God, I got 'caught' by this one last year!! I had WONDERFUL cleavage all day. Come evening, it was time to undress. I started to pull the tape off and it wanted to take my skin with it :(

It took me about a half hour of INTENSE pain to get the tape off, but it left me with open sores on my sides and around to the back where the tape was pulling the most on my skin. I STILL have discolored patches of skin where it was damaged a year ago.

I had used tape for short periods of time before (2-3 hours at a time) but I guess 12 hours was just too much. :(

I hope things heel for you soon. Not to be gross, but the sores I ended up with didn't 'dry out' for at least several days. Good thing my wife knows about my dressing, the scars would have been difficult to explain otherwise.

Sally2005
11-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Many years ago I had the tape issue...I had the worst discoloration from the blisters and longest healing time on the ones that I let dry on their own. The areas that I let the water drain from and applied gauze to keep dry healed well.

For take away this year... it has got to be don't dance for hours without giving your feet a rest. As soon as I stepped on hard pavement at the end of the night to walk to our car my feet started yelling at me in pain. My wife says, you should have brought some extra shoes (well duh, that's why girls need sooo many of them :-) ).

Rita B
11-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Just make sure you put your wallet in your purse, or at least some money, driver's license, and credit cards. Thought I would stop in to a Beauty Salon to have my nails done. It was such a wonderful experience. I was really in a pink fog until I reached into my purse and found I had left my wallet in my hotel room. "Want to get away?"

Rikidee
11-02-2007, 07:45 PM
I will add one also. If both of your hotel room key cards are ever going to fail at the same time it will be when you are out dressed in a denim micro skirt and high heels in a redneck city.