PDA

View Full Version : Are these those baby steps?

Sarah Plumber
11-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Some of my problems are already described around the forum but I'd just like to express some of the more positive signs I've been experienceing since the huge battles between my good lady and myself. Some of the small comments being made without erruptions which is the significant part....bearing in mind a year ago the subject was avoided like the plague...

1. I tend to get up well before the rest of the household and sometimes use this time to wear what I like....very carefully ..... I think my wife knows this well enough, but has gone bonkers in the past when she has become suspicious. I now get comments like " been up to no good again this morning?"

2. She has stopped checking my bank account. "It's your money and it's up to you what you do with it"...

3. " I know you have a good look around the ladies section when you at the supermarket when you are on your own". I lost her in one the other day and just happened to find her in the lingerie dept..."no surprise finding you here is it?"...As far as I was concerned it was completely innocent and I had only just walked in!

4. "I bought you earings, why don't you wear them more often? (I have one ear pierced, a throw back from the punk days of the late 1970's).. I have asked about getting the other on done but she said she'd rather I didn't, then bought me three new ones....(singles)

5. "I wish you wouldn't be so girly around me"

6. After years of biting my finger nails I'm trying to quit, but they are very soft and I keep breaking on me....The wife steps in a suggests I wear a strengthening varnish....It's on order and on it's way !!

7. I'm now wearing a Huge T-shirt to bed ... not a nighty....but pretty close...without any comment at all .... except .." as long as you are comfy"..

8. She is redecorating our bedroom and intends to make it a girls room. "but I'm not having a little girls room!".

Not a great leap but do you think these are signs that she is beginning to understand or get used to the idea? The best bit is that she is much more affectionate...no nooky.....but lots of cuddles and hugs ......

christina marie
11-01-2007, 08:25 AM
sounds like progress to me!:^5:

JoAnnDallas
11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Not long ago, my wife found out about my fem side. We agreed she would schedule water arobics on a Saturday afternoon so I could have some time for myself. I asked for the same Saturday as my Tri-Ess meeting. That way if I wanted to, I could meet the other early for a little shopping or dinner before the meeting. She has never seen me all dressed up and has stated she really doesn't want to see me all dressed up. Anyway I had returnd from my last Tri-Ess meeting, cleaned up, and was getting into bed (around midnight), I hear her say, "Did you and the girls have a good time". I responded, "Yes, we did". I can not make the Nov meeting, but the Dec meeting, we are having a member of the Ft. Worth Police department come and talk with us about Police/TG interactions.

Emily Ann Brown
11-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Sounds like progress to me as well sis.

Emily Ann

Angie G
11-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Sounds like it hun :hugs:
Angie

Sheri 4242
11-02-2007, 12:54 AM
While you are in the best position to know whether or not this is progress, it sounds as if it might be.

Eugenie
11-02-2007, 02:22 AM
These look indeed as positive steps...

I've had to wait 35 years to see similar steps at home... (My wife knew just 2 years after ours wedding)

Enjoy the evolution of the situation for you. However, :2c: if I may, don't rush things up...

:hugs:

lisa_e_love
11-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Sounds like she is being almost playful about it!

RachelDenise
11-02-2007, 04:38 AM
It's hard to tell. I hope it is progress and not just giving in and avoiding. In my house I get those type of comments but it doesn't mean anything. Still no discussion or time for Rachel. Heck all I want is 1 drawer. The nail strengthener is a positive sign I think.

Sarah Plumber
11-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the comments... very encouraging and it's nice to have others that can give an opinion. Sometimes it's difficult to see the wood for the trees.

I do hope that this is a small glimmer of hope in the darkness, but I know not to get my hopes up yet and the last hing I want to do is to make things sour again. But then it's difficult to be patient, I must amit.

I guess time will tell ...

Sarah