PDA

View Full Version : Locked Out

bgirl
11-01-2007, 08:27 AM
I was done shopping, in femme and went to get in my car and the keys where inside. No problem, I thought, spare keys in my billfold, but Not in my purse!
The only person I could call was my wife and she didn't know I was going out dressed, and she was at work, "I can't believe this is happening !!"

So I went back in the mall and found the CVS drug store and bought a pack of old fashion wire coat hangers and tried to open the door. While in the parking lot twice women talked to me and offered to call someone for me. And then a very masculine voice came up behind me and I turned and he said ," I can see your having trouble miss, I would be glad to give it a try"
I thought I was going to pass out! So in my best (not so good) feminine voice, I told him I thought I could get it but thanks. After he was assured I would be ok he wished me luck and went about his merry way.

I could have called AAA but I would have been home late and would have got busted anyway.

So I went back into Younkers and asked a SA if I could use a phone book and the phone. While paging through the phone book on the side of the counter I had a customer want me to wait on her!

Found my wifes work number and dailed the number. By this time both the SA and the customer, a cute young lady, could hear my conversation. My wife answers and in a half femme voice I tell my wife about the keys "Oh and honey, By the way........" . We had a moment of silence.
Just what I needed!

I had about 45 minutes to wait and what could I do but shop so I started looking at things and another lady asked me for assistance in accesories!
I kept going to the entrance trying not to be so noticable and eventually I saw my wifes car out there. She pulls up to the curb and says "The car is unlocked the keys are under the mat, and says "I'll see you at home!"
Stay tuned, same channel same time. LOL Beth.

Shelly Preston
11-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Wow thats what i call a nightmare secnario

I am so glad you manage to get home safely even if you did have to out yourself :hugs:

Now I am curious as to what the conversation was like when you arrived home :eek:

Kate Simmons
11-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I can relate Beth. A couple of years ago a friend picked me up to go to the club. A couple of hours later, I told my friend to go as he wanted to leave early and I would find another way home. I had been dancing but then started sweating and feeling faint and collapsed on the floor. To make a long story short, I ended up in the ER half in and half out of femme. When they were satisfied I was okay, they said I could go home. They gave me stuff to clean off my nail polish and my makeup , put all my femme stuff in a bag and gave me scrubs to wear home. I had no other choice but to call my wife at 3 AM to come and pick me up. Talk about icebergs in May. That was the quietest 10 minutes of my life with her. Hoo boy, I'd rather have had bamboo driven into my fingernails but you get the picture. I was sure humbled that time.:heehee:. I can laugh about it now but experiencing it was another story all together.:straightface:

Annaliese
11-01-2007, 09:58 AM
The only think I can think of to say is

Good luck.

Anna

Kris
11-01-2007, 10:31 AM
I was done shopping, in femme and went to get in my car and the keys where inside. No problem, I thought, spare keys in my billfold, but Not in my purse!
The only person I could call was my wife and she didn't know I was going out dressed, and she was at work, "I can't believe this is happening !!"

So I went back in the mall and found the CVS drug store and bought a pack of old fashion wire coat hangers and tried to open the door. While in the parking lot twice women talked to me and offered to call someone for me. And then a very masculine voice came up behind me and I turned and he said ," I can see your having trouble miss, I would be glad to give it a try"
I thought I was going to pass out! So in my best (not so good) feminine voice, I told him I thought I could get it but thanks. After he was assured I would be ok he wished me luck and went about his merry way.

I could have called AAA but I would have been home late and would have got busted anyway.

So I went back into Younkers and asked a SA if I could use a phone book and the phone. While paging through the phone book on the side of the counter I had a customer want me to wait on her!

Found my wifes work number and dailed the number. By this time both the SA and the customer, a cute young lady, could hear my conversation. My wife answers and in a half femme voice I tell my wife about the keys "Oh and honey, By the way........" . We had a moment of silence.
Just what I needed!

I had about 45 minutes to wait and what could I do but shop so I started looking at things and another lady asked me for assistance in accesories!
I kept going to the entrance trying not to be so noticable and eventually I saw my wifes car out there. She pulls up to the curb and says "The car is unlocked the keys are under the mat, and says "I'll see you at home!"
Stay tuned, same channel same time. LOL Beth.

ROTFLMAO!! Oh My! The stories you ladies tell absolutely crack me up! I love hearing stuff like this because I have been in situations like this so many times before. I can relate, I mean it's has nothing to do with dressing but the feelings are still the same.

I have think that we should have a TV show, about a cross dresser and the many binds you get yourself into. Even the silly general public with all their attitudes would have to laugh at these stories and like Eddie Izzard, I bet it would be the most popular show around.

A friend of mine who didn't know her way around town (everyone calls me for directions) always carries my phone number in her wallet to call me if she gets lost... well she got lost and remembered that she too had left my phone number in her wallet and didn't put it in her purse when she was dressed and spent half a tank of gas trying to find her way to where she was going once.

Which makes me want to ask........ my first thought would throw my wallet, (with all my important information already in it) into my purse... What do you all do? Take out your license and leave?

:hugs: Kris

Denielleinheels
11-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Please let us know how it turns out.

Kate Simmons
11-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Well, I used to have a "feminine" wallet in my purse and was always switching(and forgetting) stuff. One day I said, screw this and just threw my regular wallet into my purse. Everything I need is in there. Practicality wins out every time for me and the wallet certainly doesn't know any difference.:heehee:

Ðarissa
11-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow scary stories Beth and Salandra. LOL I'm always paranoid of locking the keys in the car. It would be a nightmare to get locked out and be enfemme. :p

bgirl
11-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Now I am curious as to what the conversation was like when you arrived home :eek:

As the story goes, she wasn't there when I got there so I started to panic. When she finally did come home, I sheepishly thanked her for rescueing me and waited for whatever was going to come my way.

Finally she asked what ever possesed me to go shopping in our town. Technically its the next town over dear. She curled her lip so I said I needed a moment. The most honest answer was I didn't want to drive to a bigger ciy 1+1/2 hrs away, and nobody would know who the hell I was even if they did catch that I was male.
My logic was that as I always dress alone and she doesn't want to see it, I still live in a closet. That while dressing and having trouble with my make-up I thougt I would just go to the cosmetics counter at Younkers and ask the girls there, get a matching lip liner and get back home. The best laid plans of mice and men!
The only place I get any acceptance is at the mall! They don't give me grief and even if they think I am a little strange, they still treat me with respect and dignity. And I feel honest and free.
Next question, HOW DO YOU GET FROM THR HOUSE TO THE CAR?? Well I put the car in the garage, put my wig in a bag, put on a mens jacket (so the pink don't show) and a baseball hat and purse my red lips so the neighbors don't see. And somewhere between here and there I finish dressing.
Said ok, and some more silence, then agreed that no one would recognize me.
More silence. And some time later she said " You looked really nice today"
Nothing more for the rest of the night. We did what we usually do. I am shocked, but I think I can live with that. Still in a closet just a little bit bigger now.

Albtraum
11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
It does sound like you've moved from a regular closet to a walk-in:happy:

Just accept that these things will happen once in awhile. One town over, you could run into a neighbor who thinks you look slightly familiar for some reason.

For now, get an extra set of keys made to keep in your purse:D

I have a plastic key storage box that is magnetic on one side, it fits under the fender or wheel well in lots of places. They're cheap and can be life savers, check out the automotive section.

Glad everything is O.K.

Ðarissa
11-01-2007, 03:50 PM
That is a good idea with the magnetic storage thinghy, Albtraum. :D

Kate Simmons
11-01-2007, 04:13 PM
As Beth described it's the silence that cuts like a knife. A few comments were made the next day like:"How were you planning to get home otherwise? and "hope you didn't lose your wallet." but that was it. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop but it never did. That's when I realized she had given up on me as a lost cause.

TxKimberly
11-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Having had a couple of experiences something like this, I think I need to reinforce a point you sort of implied. Things went wrong, you had to interact with a lot of people, you were scared and a wreck, and yet for all of that, it wasn't too bad. Everyone treated you with respect and decency, you acted like a lady, you were treated like a lady, and it all ended very well.

It was after a couple of things had gone wrong like this that I developed the confidence that I now have. Let's face it, you have just gone through about the worse that might happen, and it wasn't so darn bad so there's nothing left to be afraid of.
Go, fly, be free!

nikki_t
11-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Beth, Sal, I shouldn't laugh I know... but you guys just cracked me up! :heehee:

I think there's an important lesson for the rest of us here. :thumbsup:

Angie G
11-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Good luck hun :hugs:
Angie

Shelly Preston
11-01-2007, 07:35 PM
More silence. And some time later she said " You looked really nice today"
Nothing more for the rest of the night. We did what we usually do. I am shocked, but I think I can live with that. Still in a closet just a little bit bigger now.

I think the closet door may be open slightly by the comment

" you look real nice "

Mistybtm
11-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Wow what a day you had there i am glad it all worked out for you :hugs:.

Sarah Rabbit
11-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I think fate dealt you a winning hand in disguise..

welldone:happy:

Sarah R:bunny:

Liz Pepper
11-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Reminds me of the time I was at a club, had parked valet, and the parking attendant was hurt, and had to go to emergecy. She had my keys in her fanny pack. I had to call GM new car service, and wait for a locksmith to make me new keys. They finally got there about 3:30 am and I was standing there fully dressed, and had to sign for the service with my real name, and show ID so that GM would pay for the service. The locksmith never said a word, I signed for the service got in my car and drove home. A taxi home about 40 miles would have cost more than the money I had in my purse.

krisinpink
11-01-2007, 08:46 PM
YIKES!

Your story had me sweating bullets. How nerve-wracking! I agree with an earlier post...you were there, you kept your composure, continued acting like a lady etc.

The real mystery was your wife, and how she would react. Sounds to me that you were both adult about it, asked questions, answered questions, and had a genuine conversation. What a GREAT relief and at the same time wonderful thing for her to tell you that you looked nice that day. Sounds like the closet did get a little bigger, and that, may just make the whole event that much more worthwhile! I hope this trend continues :)

HUGS!

Kris

Littlej10
11-02-2007, 05:55 AM
Wow! But what a super outcome.
I have not had a problem with a car but was locked out of the house when my wife was away for the weekend. This was on my first visit to a club in a town about 30 miles away and arriving home a little after 1 a.m. I found that house keys were in my jacket pocket safely locked in the hall. Both neigbours had keys but dressed and at that time.. no way. The double glazing has safety locked toughened windows that offered a difficult, and noisy, way in. Luckily in my excitement I had not double locked the door, something which I did not know I had noticed at the time but which must have been lurking in my subconcious. Having been round the house at least twice assessing the alternatives the information surface. Fortunately I always carry quite a good toolkit in the car and by fitting bits of a socket set together I was able to reach the handle throgh the letter box opening. Once in the entrance hall keys were there to open the inner door to a nerve steadying G&T.

BarbaraTalbot
11-02-2007, 06:09 AM
And some time later she said " You looked really nice today"

This showed tremendous sensitivity on her part to be reassuring to you when you were so patently vulnerable.

veronicagirl
11-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Those magnetic key holders work great, but ensure you thickly coat your key with something like wheel bearing grease. Keys in there will rust up enough to not work when you need them. I only have a door key for my vehicle hidden on top of the frame. There's an ignition key tied up under the passenger seat with a bread twisty. I have a set of house keys hidden well in my outdoor storage shed. Yes, I've learned the hard way. Luckily not while dressed!

JoAnnDallas
11-02-2007, 08:09 AM
One day before my wife found out about my fem side, I walked out to the back yard. We have an inclosed patio which has an wrot iron gate on it. when I decided to go back in, I found that I had forgotten to unlock the gate and it was closed and locked. Panic started setting in, as I could not get back in the house and I had no keys on me. Then I remembered the garage door has an outside keypad. LOL

GailTulane
11-02-2007, 08:24 AM
BG, just want to say that I admire the way that you handled a truly difficult situation.
There are times when all you can do is go forward, and you did.
Since this can be used as a great case study, I would like to ask: What you would have done if you did not have your wife or someone like her as an ally?

bgirl
11-02-2007, 07:48 PM
BG, just want to say that I admire the way that you handled a truly difficult situation.
There are times when all you can do is go forward, and you did.
Since this can be used as a great case study, I would like to ask: What you would have done if you did not have your wife or someone like her as an ally?

I guess I would of had to call the locksmith or AAA. I am truly glad that my wife is a part of my life. I think that if she was not a part of my life, at this stage in my CDing, I might be more out in the open. But as that is not the case I must count on her as my ally. I am glad that she has come to be my confident.

Cristi
11-03-2007, 12:13 AM
I get truly paranoid about this happening to me. I NEVER leave the car dressed unless my keys are actually being held in my right hand. If I drop them in the purse without thinking, I'll take them back out and HOLD them as I get out of the car, so I'll get into the habit of feeling uncomfortable if I'm not actually holding them. Plus, I'm trying to get into the habit of using the key to lock the door once outside. That way, I CAN'T lock myself out.

So far in my life I've only locked myself out of my car a few times (not while dressed). Once or twice, others in the parking lot helped out (one guy even had a 'slim jim'. Gotta love living in the country!) and once I was able to 'break in' to my own car by forcing the window down, since it was already open about 1/8 inch.

I've locked myself out of my HOUSE several times :( Enough so that I've installed keypad locks so I can never get locked out as long as I remember the code.

After reading this thread, and wondering how I would feel if it were to happen to me, I think I'll go the next step and have a spare car door key made that I can keep in my purse.

Butterfly Bill
11-03-2007, 03:15 PM
That is a good idea with the magnetic storage thinghy, Albtraum. :D

The magnets on those things are sometimes not strong enough to stand up to riding on really bumpy roads. I take the magnet off and drill a hole for a sheet metal in the bottom of the box.

trannie T
11-03-2007, 08:59 PM
A funny story, all I've ever done is lock myself out of motel rooms. You owe your wife a big one!
Our local AAA will make a spare key which is similar to a credit card free for members.