PDA

View Full Version : cashing a reality check

christina marie
11-02-2007, 11:00 AM
well,the wife went back to work this week after 6 months off, and things have been a little slow at work,so have the day off, house all to myself, you girls know what that means! soon as the kid is on the bus, out comes the LBD, and those boots up to there!:heehee: dug out the digi camera, just goofing off, figured out the timer, having fun posing here and there,trying on a few things i havent been able to wear in years. memory card full, time to check out the damage, plug it in to the tv and... OMFG:eek: i dont look like a guy in a dress, i look like Barney Rubble in a dress!:eek: not so gentle of a reminder why i dont go out, or post pics.(not allowed anywho) no big deal, as nobody but me ever sees this eyeball burning sight anyway, not even enough to slow me down, gonna stay dressed all day if i can and just enjoy being me!:D was good for a laugh though, and i hope that those of us blessed with a body that can pass for female remember to be happy for what you have, you could always have it worse!
huggies,Christina

Kristen Marie
11-02-2007, 03:33 PM
But...when I take photos, there are usually a 100 I take and 5 I like...maybe. Putting my chin on my fingers in this shot keeps my double chin from showing. Turning sideways in other shots hides my gut. Different lighting gives me different beard shadows, and those have to be discarded.

Don't be discouraged. At the place I go for a periodic makeover, I told them I feel like the old Kirstie Allie. Now it's, Kirstie's looking a lot better.

Use them for encouragement...find the good things in them!

christina marie
11-02-2007, 09:36 PM
thanks for the kind words hon,but i just cant get the camera to lie to me the way the mirror does.:happy: not really too insecure about my looks, but you know the best way to make a girl want something is to tell her she cant have it! would love to have that slim,petite body but... at 44-29-29 alot of styles just arent for me, especially anything with bare shoulders!

Kris
11-02-2007, 10:30 PM
OMFG:eek: i dont look like a guy in a dress, i look like Barney Rubble in a dress!:eek:
huggies,Christina

OMFG! I was taking a drink of my diet pepsi when I read this and just spit soda all over my monitor because I choked from laughing so hard~! :tongueout This sentence is just too darned funny to handle.
Ya know Christina we are our own worst judges so don't be so hard on yourself. Barney would have been a cute cd'er.. now Fred, he would have been a totally different story.
:hugs: Kris

Nataliebabe
11-02-2007, 11:20 PM
I dressed the othe rnight and when I was doen and took a look in th emirror I was horrified at what I saw! I looked good from the waist down. the hunitng beard didnt match my outfit! Quite the scary site until I shave my beard after deer season......

docrobbysherry
11-02-2007, 11:53 PM
well,the wife went back to work this week after 6 months off, and things have been a little slow at work,so have the day off, house all to myself, you girls know what that means! soon as the kid is on the bus, out comes the LBD, and those boots up to there!:heehee: dug out the digi camera, just goofing off, figured out the timer, having fun posing here and there,trying on a few things i havent been able to wear in years. memory card full, time to check out the damage, plug it in to the tv and... OMFG:eek: i dont look like a guy in a dress, i look like Barney Rubble in a dress!:eek: not so gentle of a reminder why i dont go out, or post pics.(not allowed anywho) no big deal, as nobody but me ever sees this eyeball burning sight anyway, not even enough to slow me down, gonna stay dressed all day if i can and just enjoy being me!:D was good for a laugh though, and i hope that those of us blessed with a body that can pass for female remember to be happy for what you have, you could always have it worse!
huggies,Christina

Christina, I've got a pretty good figure. But if I look in the mirror before my special face is on, IT SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME! Just tell yourself you're dressing because it's fun and it FEELS GOOD! It does, rite?

But...when I take photos, there are usually a 100 I take and 5 I like...maybe.

Kristen, I resemble that remark! Only in my case, it's one in a hundred! I've prevued my Halloween pics. It's going to be WEEKS of editing, before I find very many "keepers" in there.
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Scotty
11-03-2007, 12:02 AM
But...when I take photos, there are usually a 100 I take and 5 I like...maybe.

Use them for encouragement...find the good things in them!

Amen.