PDA

View Full Version : Yay!

Anthony Jake
11-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Today as i posted before i was going to see the doctor about transitioning..

I went after my last shift at work (where incidentally the staff were all nice to me and even gave me a good luck card and told me to stay in touch.. weird considering that the manager had told me they didnt like me.. which they all said was totally crap!) Anyway, i got to the doctors and he came out and called me in...

He looked at my notes and said, "thats an intresting one" he was nice about it all, asked me what i wanted to be known as and told me he thought Seth was a cool name, he liked how i had adapted it from being 'Steph'. He then asked me how long id felt like this etc etc the usual stuff the doc is inclined to ask.. then he said "so what do you want to do" i wasnt quite sure what to say because i could just say well i want to be a guy doh! but i didnt, lol.. i asked him what he thought should be done..

Basically my point is : he referred me to the GID clinic, which is a good thing.. so i should have an appointment coming through for there soon :D
So im really quite happy about that :D:D

Syr_SwitchyGQ
11-02-2007, 04:45 PM
That is a definite Yay, Seth... hope the good luck doesn't run out... I'll be wishing more your way! :hugs:

John
11-02-2007, 05:24 PM
neet! good for you. It really is a good fealing isn't it.

I think celerbrations are in order :drink:

Tristan
11-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Wooot!!

SirTrey
11-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Wooot!!

Great news!!! I second Tristan's woooot!! :) **Trey**

ZenFrost
11-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Good for you Seth!

Adam
11-02-2007, 06:03 PM
yay thats great news :D

DanielMacBride
11-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Way to go Seth! Thats great news! :)

Daniel

Nicki B
11-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Seth - is this your GP you're talking about? :strugglin 'Cos under the NHS rules, he has to refer you to a psychiatrist - who is the only person who can refer you to a GIC...

Lots of GPs don't know this and it wastes a lot of time.

Hope to see you soon! :)

Anthony Jake
11-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Seth - is this your GP you're talking about? :strugglin 'Cos under the NHS rules, he has to refer you to a psychiatrist - who is the only person who can refer you to a GIC...

Lots of GPs don't know this and it wastes a lot of time.

Hope to see you soon! :)

Yeh, it is the GP..but he has refered me to the GID clinic in London, where i will then see a psychaitrist. He has done this for other people.. he isnt totally alien to it, there are a couple of MtF people who have been to appointments at the surgery i go to.
I know i still have a long way to go and i am well aware that i have to see a psychaitrist first..if i could have done it all privately i would but unfortunately for now the NHS is my only option.
Im just happy that they are helping me and havent shunned me away.

Xaff
11-03-2007, 09:35 AM
That's great! Good luck with that pychaitrist, I hope it will work very well for you. :thumbsup:

Kieron Andrew
11-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeh, it is the GP..but he has refered me to the GID clinic in London, where i will then see a psychiatrist. He has done this for other people.. he isnt totally alien to it, there are a couple of MtF people who have been to appointments at the surgery i go to.
I know i still have a long way to go and i am well aware that i have to see a psychiatrist first..if i could have done it all privately i would but unfortunately for now the NHS is my only option.
Im just happy that they are helping me and havent shunned me away.

you have to see a local NHS psychiatrist BEFORE going to charing cross, london.... thats what Nicki is getting at, the GP should be referring you to the local physch services where THEY then will refer you to London after seeing them,,,please double check that is what hes doing or you will be waiting twice as long

Anthony Jake
11-03-2007, 01:05 PM
you have to see a local NHS psychiatrist BEFORE going to charing cross, london.... thats what Nicki is getting at, the GP should be referring you to the local physch services where THEY then will refer you to London after seeing them,,,please double check that is what hes doing or you will be waiting twice as long

Ok specifically he said, he is refering me to a psychaitrist in charing X who will talk to me about it.. thats what he said.. so i guess thats his plan.. im just gonna wait a bit and see if i get a letter from them..

don't rain on my parade guys! :D

Kieron Andrew
11-03-2007, 03:13 PM
don't rain on my parade guys! :D

im not i was trying to help you and save you waiting double the time for nothing seeing as thats the process, sheesh!

Anthony Jake
11-03-2007, 03:49 PM
im not i was trying to help you and save you waiting double the time for nothing seeing as thats the process, sheesh!

dude, i didnt mean that in a bad way, im trying to stay positive.. ill just see what happens is what i meant.. i cant keep going to the docs and nagging, it freaks me out enough going as it is.. so im just happy that i went.. i didnt mean owt bad by it! Sorry if it came across that way..

Thanks for looking out for me tho... ill keep you informed :D

I dont mind if it takes a while anyway bc i need to be able to get to London and not have my parents questioning me.. i can't be dealing with their issues right now as we're not getting along very well.. which means we're not getting along at all and id rather do the sensible thing and keep a roof over my head till i move out in January.

so yeh, im sorry if it seemed like i was bi*ching. :hugs:

Nicki B
11-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Seth,

Kieron & I both know of too many people who've been messed around, because staff in the NHS don't know the system - and a lot more time gets wasted, as Ryan & Adam can also tell you?

Give Charing Cross a ring on Mon and check with them? But as you're not under a London PCT, I'm pretty sure you cannot be referred direct to their psychs by your GP. (Your PCT has to fund your treatment at CXH - so they first need their psych to say you should receive their money.)

None of this is quick - you may easily have to wait 6 months for an appointment..

Sorry. :sad:

(PS - Charing Cross GIC, 179-183 Fulham Palace Rd, London W6 8QZ. Tel: 020 8483 2801)

Felix
11-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Hun I'm really happy for ya good luck with everything xx Felix :hugs::hugs: