PDA

View Full Version : Any rich crossdressers here?

KateSpade83
11-02-2007, 08:42 PM
If you make over $85,000 a year or more you're somewhat rich to me. If you do over $125,000 a year you're rich to me! - But that's the salary my brother makes as a Dow Chemical Process Engineer! Me, I'm not rich but I make a good salary of $65,000 on no overtime, maybe I'd hit $70K on overtime.

But anyway, I'm wondering what do rich crossdressers buy often, where do they shop, - what are their favorite clothes?

Me, I'm mostly happy with the designer skirt suits like Tahari and Kasper, but my expensive habit is St. John clothes. I currently like a certain St John outfit that was in the Summer collection - around $1850 for the skirt suit set so it was too expensive for me! But now it's 40% off and with the increased pay from my new job maybe I can afford this $1K skirt suit. But I mostly fish ebay for St John skirt suits. And when I go out shopping in them I look like an expensive high class lady. But this is not a good impression to make as Salesladies will think you will have money to burn. Especially if you go to Neiman Marcus and just browse the St John collection - they think you can afford it when it will really seriously burn a hole in your wallet.

If you're not rich - what expensive clothes do you like to buy?

Well, maybe I'd do fake stuff too, like fake Chanel purses or sunglasses.

paulaN
11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Poor as a church mouse here. 1000.00 for a suit. Not in my life time. I do my shopping at good will.

tvbeckytv
11-02-2007, 09:07 PM
a truism i know,
but you cannot buy class

NATASHA BOND GIRL
11-02-2007, 09:13 PM
it would serve better if you get a sewing machine and make your own you can make your own copies for less xx mwah xx:happy:

Chiana
11-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I definitely fall into the NOT-rich category. I am very frugal about everything. Car, eating, entertainment, business expenses, etc. The ONLY thing that I might ever splurge on is crossdressing. If I see something that I feel like I just have to own, somehow, I seem to be able to find the money. Fortunately, it has only happened a couple of times.

KateSpade83
11-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I know I can't buy class, but when I was shopping one time I saw a very beautiful high class Hispanic woman in a Chanel pant suit + Chanel purse and wallet pass by. She was such an inspiration and how I wished I was her! And as a guy I could never afford to date such an expensive woman. She had it all!

Me, the most I've ever spent on an item was $300 on a skirt suit. Blew $466 in a week on 3 of them too one time.

If it was the most beautiful skirt suit ever, yes I would pay up to $1200 for it but that doesn't come by very often (Thank God!).

Tasha T
11-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Nope, I'm not rich. Still fighting to survive. However, that doesn't stop me from spending a ton of money on female stuff. I paid $100 for a pair of Italian high heeled sandals over the summer...and they didn't even fit! That was a waste, but I have no problem buying nice stuff because it really makes me happy. I just have to be careful not to go too far overboard.

docrobbysherry
11-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Altho I might fit your definition of "rich", I certainly didn't start that way. And I'm still careful about spending habits. I believe there 2 theories for wise purchases:

1. Don't spend a lot of money for something u r not sure you'll use or like. Then, if u get tired of it, or don't use it, toss it out! Like clothes, etc. How many times a year will u wear that same St John knit suit? $1200 well spent?

2. Or, spend a lot of money, get the best u can afford, for something that u KNOW u want and will keep a long time. Like a house or a car, etc.

I don't spend a lot on drab, or women's clothes. Also, I don't feel confortable trying on women's clothes in ANY store. I DO have some St John knits, and other top of the line outfits. Goodwill has become my ladies store! They used to have $1 days; anything in the store for $1. Still have half price tags and half price last day of the month. Don't think I've ever paid more than $7 or $8 for anything, even top of the line. I take the things home and try on EVERYTHING rite away. They have a return policy now, but I just donate the things that don't fit or look bad, back to them with my unwanted drab and kids clothes.
Of course I live in a heavily populated, afluent area. Most of the folks that buy at Goodwill r looking for servicable, every day work, and kids clothes. Not too many folks go there to buy $1200 outfits, ( today's Goodwill regular prices might be $30 to $45 for those). However, I have no idea of what DW stores r like anywhere else!
Hope this helps someone.
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Forgot to add, I DO spend a lot for mail order wigs, boots/shoes, and specialty items, like forms, etc.
RS

Cheyenne Skye
11-03-2007, 01:47 AM
I guess according to your definition I'm dirt poor. I've got a decent house, a decent car and try not to spend my money foolishly. However after a few months of tightening my belt to keep my budget in line, I can't help but splurge on things occasionally. I think the most I have spent on anything crossdressing related was around $500 for a latex pants and shirt outfit. Now my car hobby, that's another story. When I feel the need for another modification, I do whatever it takes to find the money for it. I've already dumped near 10k into a $20 vehicle. Unfortunately that includes quite a bit bought on credit. Sometimes that is the only way I can get the things I want because all my cash goes towards the things I need (ie. mortgage, car payment, utilities,food etc.). I keep hoping that one day I'll win the lottery or get money from a long lost relative:devil:, but I would be happy with just eliminating my regular bills so I can start working for the things I want instead.

JaytoJillian
11-03-2007, 03:22 AM
ha, my family has a saying-- property rich and money poor. that's me right now. I make a good salary, but 'mo money, mo problems' is definitely a fact of life

Phyliss
11-03-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm just one of the "po folk" around here. The only comment I have is Thank Goodness for PLASTIC.

BTW I don't work for a living,.....I work for Master Card.

To paraphrase the song, "....St Peter don't ya call me ... I can't go.... I owe my soul to VISA"

Mitch23
11-03-2007, 06:15 AM
not rich here but comfortably off. my wife is the major breadwinner here so have to be nice to her (not that would ever do different). my income is mainly spent on clothes and makeup ;->

mitch

Kate Simmons
11-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Not really I'm living off my pension. You could say I'm a "Rich B***h" in a way though as Rich is my guy name:heehee:. Other than that, I'm rich with friends which you really can't put a price on.:happy:

Nicki B
11-03-2007, 06:39 AM
I feel rich - I'm happy in my life, my work, my friends...

It's a state of mind, you don't measure it in money?

Lilith Moon
11-03-2007, 06:49 AM
It's weird, but the combined income of me/wife is so low that were are officially below the poverty line. However, life seems good...nice house in the country...she goes horse riding...we eat the best food...buy whatever clothes we want...no debts. I have a sporty car. We don't go on many foreign holidays and we hardly ever hire tradesmen...I do all that stuff myself. Strange...

Wendy me
11-03-2007, 06:49 AM
i can't say i am rich lol.......... or can i say i am poor .... my income is based on if i do something or not mostly on not doing any thing .... some things i don't go to over the top on buying .... and some times i just need to treat me to something i see lol i am a impulse shopper it is not often i say no to something that screams take me home ......

Jocelyn Quivers
11-03-2007, 07:05 AM
While I make no where near $85,000, or $65,000 in the dream world in which I did make that amount I would probably switch from Leggs brand Pantyhose, to Wolfords, trade in Walmart and Target for Nordstroms, Dillards, and Macy's. For shoes I would buy from Zappos, where I could afford a $100.00 pair of size 12 shoes.

Suzy Harrison
11-03-2007, 07:15 AM
I guess I'm rich by using your figures of income - although I also have a large house - with an even larger mortgage which takes a fair amount of the income.

It all sounds great but one thing I've learnt from life is:

The more money you have, the more things you buy, the more things you have to go wrong.

You never have enough money, if you doubled your income overnight - in a years time you'll still need more.

Having all the goodies is nice - but only the friendship of others can make you feel 'content'.

Anyway I wouldn't spend too much on clothes as I don't get the chance to wear them often enough. I think it's daft to waste money on designer clothes as ordinary department store clothing is good enough. I think it's best to spend the money on a good wig. The clothes may be great, but if your wig is no good then you will never get a good look.

Mistybtm
11-03-2007, 07:16 AM
I am not poor but not rich by any means unless you are talking about all the friends i made here then i am very happy with who i have in my life that makes me rich in that sense. i make enough to get by with out any worries, but have to save up for thoes big buys.:D no credit cards here cash only. i live in apt with no bills except the apt and living exp.

MJ
11-03-2007, 07:38 AM
poor as a church mouse here too... but I'm happy in my life, my work, my friends...my choice i have made ..

i am rich in friends being full time there is nothing i can't do or no were i can't go life is good

and what is the point of buying expensive outfits to just wear them at home

Nicki B
11-03-2007, 07:50 AM
You discover what not being rich is, when you (or your loved ones) have significant health problems??

Katie Ellen
11-03-2007, 10:47 AM
It's all relative.
I'd be rich by your guidelines, but we have way too many bills.

Tina Dixon
11-03-2007, 10:57 AM
It's hard shopping when your rich, for you see I live on a private island where there is no stores so I buy on e-bay and only get may mail once a month.

nikki_t
11-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Last year I made over $160k - this year I made nothing so far. I came to the conclusion that there's no point killing yourself, getting all stressed and ruining your relationship with family for a few extra bucks. Been there, done that and bought the T-shirt. Life's too short.

SANDRA MICHELLE
11-03-2007, 12:54 PM
I can buy whatever I want , whenever I want to so does that mean I'm rich? I still shop at the regular stores and don't really spend too much on expensive clothes. The most I ever spent on an outfit was a dress for $450.00 to go to a formal gathering. I do spend too much on shoes but it's not the cost per shoe it's how many I buy that adds up. I know a lot of crossdressers that are "comfortable" regarding finances and they are not extravagant in there purchases of clothing.

Sharon
11-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I think talking about one's income is a tad gauche, but I have enough of one to be happy.

And I have this habit from my dirt-poor days in that I only buy things on special. Practically everything out there goes on sale within a month or two, and I don't mind being patient. Besides, I have rather simple tastes and labels don't mean a thing to me.

Karren H
11-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I make more money than I know what to do with (Salary, bonus's, options.... investments....) ... but my wife always does... lol And except for a couple thousand on the house I own no one nothing.. Debbt free.. But still have to put two kids through college... and have a substantual 401k and a largish lump sum for my pention... I'm doing ok.... But am still a frugal crossdresser....

Jodi
11-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I have sufficient income to buy what ever I want whenever I want to buy it, but I don't. My broker tells me that I live under the radar. I live modestly, but am not afraid to spend on something that I really want. I have no guilt feelings on having what I have. I worked very hard over a lifetime to get what I have in retirement. How many of you would be willing to work three jobs over a 23 year period and endure consistent 14 hour work days? I did that. So now I am harvesting the fruit of my labors.

I have a complete enough femme wardrobe that when I buy femme stuff, I am very selective. What I buy must go with my wardrobe. I admit that I buy quality when it comes to clothing and accessories. I don't buy frivolously. I try on in the store, both clothing and shoes. I ensure that the fit and style is right for me.

Jodi

Carroll
11-03-2007, 03:46 PM
hmmm...I work at a national retail store part-time @ $7.29/hr and get a bi-weekly workmans comp check, and my wife gets SSI. Am I rich...yes! Every thing I have was bought through hard work, not given to me and a stong love with the family is something that money cant buy. Like the Beatles said "Can't buy me love"
Carroll

SherriePall
11-03-2007, 03:52 PM
It would take me three years of working two jobs to make that $65,000. However, my mortgage is paid and I shop wisely when I go. The only things I need are my family and a couch long enough to lie down on.

Angie G
11-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Excuse me Kate I'm a real everyday girl geting by with Wal-Mart the discount mall and good will but I have a great wife 2 good kids And & 7 wonderful greadkid I dress at home 5 day a week live awife the knows and is OK with it.
So hun I think I'm one of the richest girl here hun We have what we need And some of what we want It's not having what you want IT'S WANTING WHAT YOU HAVE so:hugs:from not a pot
Angie

AmyCarter
11-03-2007, 04:52 PM
You don't need to be rich to own St John, Escada, louis Feraud, Brighton, Chanel, Versace, or even (looks in her closet) Gucci. Just go shopping at your local upscale consignment shops.

Deanna2
11-03-2007, 05:05 PM
I did spend $66 the other day, but that was on three items. The most I've ever spent on a single item has been $29.95 and I had to take a deep breath when I did it.

Lois1234
11-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Comfortable but not rich. I'm an empty nester who is putting one son through university and his older brother through prison (his doing). My motto is "living to work, and working to live".

Mariah
11-03-2007, 07:52 PM
anyone that makes more than 30K a year is rich to me. if I am lucky I might make 8K this year! But about 2 years ago I was making 300K a year, and well I live the same really simple quite life. my most Costly thing is from Elder Bermon :P

hopes
keris

charllote34
11-03-2007, 07:57 PM
MONEY?? oh i have no need of it and i am counting my blessings ... excuse me the dept collector is here :D no i am not rich but comfortable i have a roof over my head and food in my belly

Sallee
11-03-2007, 08:18 PM
That is a lot! I do ok financially but 2 kids on college cuts into my budget. maybe $100 to $200 on a really nice wig but otherwise it is Ross Crossdress for Less. That is half to fun of shopping looking for real steal deals, Goodwill,plus there seems to be a bunch of nice higher end thrift stores out there now. Once I spent $400 on a work business suit for guys:sad: But it saw a lot of wear

Byllie
11-03-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm a college prof ... rich? ... need I ask you?

trannie T
11-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I thought that spending $70 on a dress was a lot. I usually confine my shopping to thrift stores and the JC Penney Outlet.

michellebesweet
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes, I make over six figures, and I am not a freak about designer clothes, I love a nice handbag, and shoes that match, and love a nice skirt or top, and a nice skirt suit or dress. I have not paid any more than about $100 for anything I have bought. I guess in total my wardrobe is worth alot, but I like to shop for sales, I go to WalMart, I go to Payless Shoes, I shop at a lot of discount stores. I have paid alot for wigs, make up, and hosery, you have to if you want them to last and look good.

Samantha43
11-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I guess it depends on your definition. I have a wonderful wife, two wonderful kids, a great dog, a roof over my head, and two dependable cars. I consider myself a rich gal! We live fairly modestly although I make a decent living. I buy most of my clothes at JC Penneys. They have tall sizes which fit me much better, and their price is right. The one thing I will splurge on is shoes.....I love my heels!

Kenix
11-03-2007, 09:26 PM
I am no where close being rich. For many, "rich" is a moving target-just beyond your reach. :D

My most expensive purchases are a wig and a pair of Nine West boots. I don't mind spending a lot on an item as long as I enjoy it and I can pay for it.

Glenda58
11-04-2007, 12:17 AM
By your standards I'm rich or near rich. But my late wife taught me to shop for sales even at the good stores. I don't buy anything unless it's 50% to 80% off or at the end of the season. That way I have a closet full of good cloths and shoes that didn't cost a arm and a leg. Plus they last forever.

bgirl
11-04-2007, 12:33 AM
If I had all the money Ive spent in the days before I quit purging or maybe after I stopped purging. I would be rich.

But I don't care how much money you have. It doesn't make you a better woman, or a better man. Its a lousey way to keep score.

Sheri 4242
11-04-2007, 02:06 AM
I don't like talking about my personal income, per se!!! That said, "by" the intrinsic "stance and tone" of your question, I'd be rich. It is less about income and more about expenses -- and that compared and contrasted with excesses. I keep expenses low, and I am constantly working on not being excessive (which can be a very hard lesson to learn)!!!

Of course crossdressers often have to go through the "pink fog" and learn to deal with the "kitcs syndrome." Regardless, presuming most people can get a grip on reality, there comes a point where your buying power has to be balanced by the difference between needs and wants!!! That is where many CDers get into trouble, b/c dressing is, in reality, a want -- but so overpowering is this want, that it is next to impossible to classify it like one classifies a bowling ball, or tennis racket, or water skis, etc. Over the decades I have yet to meet a crossdresser who couldn't find a way to suupport their crossdressing to some degree!!! Some shop at Goodwill, while others at Wal-Mart/K-Mart/Target, while others at Macy's or Dillards, while others at Needless Markup, etc!!!

DanaJ
11-04-2007, 08:08 AM
If I were "rich", I sure wouldn't be spending it on designer clothes, male or female. I would put it away so I wouldn't have to work any more, early retirement is my goal.

It always kills me that people will spend hundreds more on an item just because it has a certain label on it LOL I mean seriously, what is the real difference between a $10 pair of drug store sunglasses and a $200 pair of designer sunglasses?

Amy Hepker
11-04-2007, 08:55 AM
No Money, No Cedit, just do waht I have to, to survive and keep myself happy. If I had money and a lot of it, the first thing I would do is get my teeth fixed. I can alwasy get really nice clothing from Goodwill or even Savation Army stores and look just as good.

flatlander_48
11-04-2007, 02:53 PM
If you make over $85,000 a year or more you're somewhat rich to me. If you do over $125,000 a year you're rich to me! - But that's the salary my brother makes as a Dow Chemical Process Engineer! Me, I'm not rich but I make a good salary of $65,000 on no overtime, maybe I'd hit $70K on overtime.

Normally I would slot in at the bottom of your range. When I have worked outside of the country, I would fall into the upper half of the range. 3 years outside of the country allowed me to afford significant work to our house, make a significant contribution toward my daughter's wedding expenses, help my son a lot with his student loans, feed my passions (cycling, going to motorsports events and neat lingerie!).

Kimmie
11-04-2007, 05:13 PM
I do ok for myself. I'm a homeowner in a very expensive city to live. I drive a Lexus, albiet I bought it used. I typically spend $500 on male business suits. Nonetheless. I don't see a need to buy expensive girl clothes. I'd rather spend 3 figures on a big scrren TV, dirtbike or trip to europe.

Granted I'm closeted but I have spent $120 on an evening gown, and $200 on a pair of boots. When I eventually decide to go out en femme, I dont want to draw to much atention to myself by wearing overly expensive clothes. Furtheremore at this point I'm not going to be going dressed up at the country club, or along Rodeo Drive or Park Ave. I feel no less feminie from wearing an outfit bought at JC Penny as I would from Neiman Marcus.

What can I say when it comes to shopping for womens clothes, I'm frugal. Its a guy thing.

Don't you wish our women would think like us in this regard?

TxKimberly
11-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Rich? ha ha ha ha ha . . cough, choke. . . ha ha ha
Like someone else already posted, the majority of my wardrobe comes from Goodwill, with half a dozen pretty tops bought off the sales rack at Macy's or Dillards. The sales rack mind you, I can't afford their normal merchandise.
The most expensive thing I have purchased (other than my wig) was a pair of shoes at Macy's for about $120. That was a year ago and I STILL feel guilty. (I got over the guilt long enough to wear them out last night!)

Joy Carter
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm not rich but I'm comfortable. With nine years till retirement and nine years of house payments left. I drive a seventeen year old truck. The wife drives a twelve year old car. I only spend big money when I really have to.

So as far as spending money on Joy. I paid ninety eight dollars on a pair of tall women's pants and one fifty on a wig.
Then I got smart and learned here, there are better priced clothes out there.
In the past year and a half, I have spent over fifteen hundred on myself.

Going from zero to Joy was expensive. But I'm worth it. :D

kassandra richard
11-04-2007, 05:37 PM
By the metrics provided, I guess I qualify. 'Cept I have three income reducing agents -- wife and two kids who I get home to tomorrow. Yeah! That's the real riches. Money's far too fleeting.

Oh, like others, the stuff I have is largely bought on sale at the value marts of the world (Zellers, Sears, Walmart, Goodwill :))

Kassandra

sami1952
11-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Even though my income is way past the 6 digit number i 'm always broke.being self employed doesn't always mean you have money.it only means sometimes you spend then you make.

sissy_she_boy
11-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Although I make a little over 100k a year, I would not consider myself rich at all. With two mortgages to support and the high price of living in the San Francisco bay area, I would only consider myself to be middle class at best. Although I am thankful that I am not dirt floor poor, I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination. If I lived in the midwest somewhere that the cost of living is not near as high, I would probably say that I am rich LOL. The only problem is that if I lived out there, I would probably not make near as much money as I do here. I guess its all relative depending on where you live.

kisses
sissy dana

Deborah Jane
11-04-2007, 07:45 PM
1 ex wife, 1 mortgage, 1 rented accomodation, 3 children, living costs for myself and frequent time spent in the pink fog= Too much month left at the end of the wage:(

Colleentg
11-07-2007, 03:47 AM
What a laugh! I make 18.5k/yr and that's the most I've ever made! But that doesn't include all the great benefits and profit-sharing my company gives. I'm very thrifty, but not cheap!

Beth-GDB
11-07-2007, 04:56 AM
I make a reasonable income, and to be honest I don't have to work hard at all. I work on a shift rotation and get more days off than I work.

As for how I spend my money on CDing, Target is my store of choice for several reasons:

There are three of them within 20 minutes drive from my home, so I don't go to the same store every time.

The clothes sizings are reasonably consistant, compared to smaller boutiques where something that's labelled a size 12 in one store might be labelled as a size 10 in another store ("vanity sizing", where clothes are labelled with a smaller sizing than they're cut for to appeal to buyers who like to think they are a smaller size than they really are).

While the quality of the clothes isn't up there with the prestige lables it's still good enough to satisfy my needs. The prices aren't top dollar either.

A wider range of clothes sizings. While I can wear a size 14 blouse/top, depending on the cut for the shoulders sometimes a size 16 is a better fit for me. From what I've seen it's hard to find items that are a decent fit for me in many smaller stores.

I still don't feel entirely comfortable going into a boutique type store where I'm more likely to have an SA try to help me. I'm still very much a "guy mode" shopper (find what I want, pay for it and move on with a minimum of fuss).

karynspanties
11-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Go to Target or Kohl's and buy an outfit for about $50-$75 and send me the rest.

faltenrock
11-07-2007, 08:17 AM
no, not rich, not poor.

But I live - and I survived an accident as a boy, where most people would have been died, that in a way makes me rich. A lot of rich people are in fact very poor, they aren't that happy.

Patti Girl
11-07-2007, 08:39 AM
WalMart for me.

Patti

DonnaT
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
According to the equation, yes.

According to where I live, no.

I reckon I could buy what I want when I want (if my wife let me ;) ), but I very rarely buy any fem items not on sale.

Heck, a number of times I consider even the sale price to be more than the item is really worth. And these are not high end stores.

And to be honest, if it wasn't for my wife, it would be even rarer to buy items for my male self than it already is.

JenniferMBlack
11-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Not poor but not rich either. I use to make almost six times the amount of money I am making now, at least if you broke it down by no less then a week. But I never had any time to spend it or do anything, so I have money just not making what I was so I don't spend it like I do. Also with some good investments I am going to retire pretty well off and at an early age (at least compared to some) so don't see the sense in spending what I do have on a few things when i can buy alot for the same money.

Edwina
11-07-2007, 11:30 PM
My mother always said that a Lady never discussed money. :tongueout

:love:

Edwina

MsJanessa
11-08-2007, 06:43 AM
I make a little over 100,000 a year but my expenses are high too---I used to think if I ever made over 20,000 I would be rich---well it happened but the cost of living went up right along with it. That and a large mortgage payment seems to swallow up most of My income(plus leather clothing can be expensive---I spent 150.00 dollars last year on just one pair of shoulder length leather gloves)

renee99
11-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I make 60k plus, and I drive 15 year old beaters, shop at thrift stores and eat ramen at lunch. I chisel the national banks constantly by keeping an eye on deals forums. I buy lots of used girl clothes on Ebay and give what doesn't fit or is ugly on me to charity. My money by and large goes into investments, charity and political activism. So I may not be rich, but I like to think I'm frugal rather than stingy. It feels good to think that I have the greatest beneficial effect on those around me that I possibly can. It helps that I am easily entertained, others might not be so lucky ;)

Huntress
11-09-2007, 12:36 AM
I have rather expensive tastes. SO...
I work three jobs.
Keeps me from doing the Devil's work.:devil:
Idle hands, and such.

If you work you eat. If you don't work, you don't eat. I work very hard, and I eat very well.

"Please Sir, can we have some more pudding?"

Huntress

Teresa Amina
11-09-2007, 08:52 AM
If you make over $85,000 a year or more you're somewhat rich to me

From where I'm at $50,000 looks rich. Heck, I barely broke into the low teens the last two years :eek: Good thing I made a killing in Real Estate back in '05, plenty for my ongoing Teresafication :thumbsup:

CarrieAnneEvers
11-09-2007, 07:48 PM
You would consider me somewhat rich.....or at least I WOULD be if I didn't live this expensive-as-hell lifestyle!!!

I shop at eddie bauer and Ann Taylor and buy most of my shoes on line.

Carrie:2c:

DAVIDA
11-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Champagne taste on a beer budget here!

Kali
11-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I guess I qualify as rich by your standards, but it still took me quite a while to pull the trigger on a $300 pair of forms, and I think my most expensive outfit was on clearance at fashion bug for ~ $50.

randi32869
11-10-2007, 05:26 AM
I do not know about your numbers but I do know that for SCC this year I bought a blazer and pants at Talbots ($400) that made me feel terrific!

I also was encouraged to go to Nordstrom and get some REAL shoes - I found that 1 pair of black medium heels for $ 150 were much more comfortable and wearable than the 10 pairs I had from Payless for $ 20 each.

This combination outfit has really helped my confidence and comfort so I consider both to be good investments. Whether I wear them enough to get my money's worth - time will tell but the value was in the confident attitude that must have been hidden in the lining or something!

Jenny Beth
11-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Rich? Depends how you look at it! Our house has tripled in value in the last six years, if we were to sell we'd do quite well but we'd have to buy something somewhere else. Property rich, cash poor is more like it.

Carin's Wife GG
11-10-2007, 10:51 AM
factor in seven kids, four in college and while we are rich with our family we don't have to much money to spend. And we live in Silicon Valley one of the most expensive areas in the country.

Louise.

BarbaraTalbot
11-10-2007, 10:57 AM
...when I am shopping at Goodwill on dollar day! I have never been disapointed with any of the quality I got for the money. I also have gone as high as $1.01 because the D.A.V. thrift store prices everything but jeans that way from Tuesday to Thursday.

Amanduhrob
11-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I'll put it this way, I'm 40, semi retired for three years now, and working for insurance:thumbsup:

I hate designer clothes, they go against everything I was raised to believe in.

I can afford to shop at Nordstroms or Macys, but actually prefer Von Maur, for when I have to buy a elegant gift for someone. You would never catch me in a designer boutique.

My house is paid for, so are my vehicles, so other than property taxes, I'm debt free.

The most expensive CD item I've ever purchased were my breast forms, I can't see spending more than $50 on an article of female clothing, because I only dress five or six times a year.

sissystephanie
11-11-2007, 12:36 AM
I feel rich - I'm happy in my life, my work, my friends...

It's a state of mind, you don't measure it in money?

Amen to that, Nicki! I consider myself to very rich, not in dollars, but in the things that really count. I have good health, a nice house, reasonable income plus my pension, a wonderful family, friends who truly are very good friends, and this may not be politically correct to say, but I also have deep faith in my God! What more does one need?

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

Joy Carter
11-11-2007, 12:44 AM
no, not rich, not poor.

But I live - and I survived an accident as a boy, where most people would have been died, that in a way makes me rich. A lot of rich people are in fact very poor, they aren't that happy.

No truer words have been said fr. :D