PDA

View Full Version : Hey Daniel..

Tobie
11-03-2007, 06:36 AM
What does your signature mean? I tried doing a search on Google with the words, but all that came up were pages and pages of posts by you on various forums.

Anthony Jake
11-03-2007, 05:08 PM
What does your signature mean? I tried doing a search on Google with the words, but all that came up were pages and pages of posts by you on various forums.

you're so right, it does just bring up a load of posts by him on different sites..

daniel.. what does it mean? Tiergan has made me wonder too now :happy:

aethen
11-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Something to do with clockwise (sunwise) turns. But I don't speak Gaelic, so I'm stuck.

~Mark

DanielMacBride
11-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Yup....its Gaelic, because I am Pagan with very strong Druidic influences (and a very strong Gaelic heritage)...it pretty much sums up what I live by, and it translates as:

I walk sunwise
On the path of the spiral
On the path of the vision
On the path of the truth.

I am also going to get it tattooed on my lower right arm as an armband surrounded by knotwork :)

Daniel

Tobie
11-04-2007, 08:05 AM
I like that!

And the tattoo idea sounds really nice.

ZenFrost
11-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I like that!

And the tattoo idea sounds really nice.

Ditto!

DanielMacBride
11-05-2007, 12:54 AM
:D I am also going to get a "matching" tattoo on my lower left arm, with the same knotwork around the following Gaelic:

In omos do fheile
Ollmhor na cruinne,
Gabhaim buiochas
Roimh mo chuid.

That translates as:

In homage to the immense generosity of the universe, I give thanks before my portion. :)

The reason I'm getting them on their respective sides is because the left side is the receiving side and with being Pagan, to me its a reminder to always be thankful for what I receive in life because I am always provided for :) On the right is the giving side, and the quote about always walking sunwise is something I want to remember and always sort of give out in my interactions with others in the world :) Tattoos can alter your energy (ok yes I know I'm getting a bit metaphysical here LOL) so I want to make sure I am giving and receiving an energy that I am happy with and that I feel is most appropriate to who I am and who I want to be :)

Daniel