PDA

View Full Version : My crossdressing journey

fionablack
11-03-2007, 06:42 PM
I just wanted to share with you all where I am at right now with my crossdressing. I am usually good at keeping it together but at the moment I am feeling the need to express my feelings about it and there is no one I can talk to as I am still very much in the closet.

I realised that I loved to wear women's clothes at the age of 10. I went through the common practice of dressing in secret whenever I had my parents house to myself. Miraculously I never got caught. To this day I don't know how I managed that.

Eventually I moved out of home into my own place. I did this quite late in life. I was 28, but this was the freedom I had been waiting for. I could now dress as often as I wanted to and have as many clothes as I liked, and boy did I take advantage of that after all the years of having bits of time hear and there, and having to be careful.

I valued every single micro second that I was able to dress as a woman. I would stay up ridiculously late at nights even though I was exhausted just so I could prolong the enjoyment of being in women's clothes.

When I was 31, I met the girl who is now my wife. I am now 35, we have been married for nearly three years and we have a wonderful Son who is 7 months old.

One thing I should explain at this point is that I have always been blessed with a reasonable amount of will power, and i always promised myself that I would not let my crossdressing overlap with my life as a husband and father should that time ever come. Several of your eyebrows will be raised here no doubt :-)

I have (with one or two odd lapses) stayed true to this and I must say that I have come to realise that controlling the practice of crossdressing can be quite easy.

It is actually controlling the desire that is the tricky bit. This is not the first time I have gone long periods of time without crossdressing. I have managed to control the behavior for years at a time on at least a couple of occasions when I felt it was important to do so. It is not that hard.

But during these times, I always thought about it. Never a day would pass in fact without me thinking about it.

What I have also come to realise, is that for me personally, the thought of wearing women's clothes can be almost as exciting as actually wearing them.

Back in those wonderful few years when I had the freedom to dress, I can remember many occasions when I dashed home from work like a lunatic. I could barely concentrate on the car in front of me for sheer excitement of the knowledge of what I would soon be wearing.

I would curse every missed traffic light because it robbed me of precious minutes, but it also fuelled my excitement all the more as I thought about the skirt that would soon be caressing my legs, and the suspenders that would soon be snapping into place.

Such days are long gone sadly. My willpower has kicked in again because it has had to. I am not willing to risk losing what I have. My family life is too important.

I guess the point of this little essay though is to say that to this day I find thinking about crossdressing to be a tremendous comfort and release. It is nearly always enough to help me cope, and it is nearly as fullfilling as actually being dressed.

I am not naive, and I would not insult your intelligence. I will of course dress again. Of that, there is no doubt. It is just a matter of time. I am a crossdresser. I love being a crossdresser. I am just not always a practicing crossdresser.

I have just started a new job which will occasionally take me away from home for overnight stays. I am already planning to take advantage of this situation and buy some women's clothing to wear whilst I am in the hotel. I feel this will be a nice safe compromise to my situation as I will be far away from home for the risk of discovery to be minimal.

Having read this email through again before posting it, I can see that I am going to come across as conflicted. I am tempted not to post it, but I will as it has taken some effort to write, and yet I feel frustrated that I have not been able to adequetely express in words how I feel about all this.

I think that will be something you all understand. I think only crossdressers can understand just what being a crossdresser means to us. It is impossible to express in words adequetely just how we feel about what we are. There are no words to express how wonderful it is to be a crossdresser.

Anyway, if you managed to read all of this, thank you, and I welcome your thoughts on my topsy turvy rollercoaster journey, which no doubt has many more twists and turns to come over the coming years.

Take care

Fiona

kerigirl
11-03-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm filled with admiration for your ability to control your need to dress. It's interesting that you recognize that at some point down the road, you will quite likely dress again, so you don't bang on about 'quitting'.

Some years ago, I used to smoke about 50 cigarettes a day and one day decided to stop. I did so, and am gladly tobacco-free many years later. It took a vast amount of will power to overcome the urge to smoke, but in time it has all but stopped. Note that I say all but. It still nags me from time to time, but I'm not going to give in to the urge. Anyway, I did try one some long time after quitting, and it tasted really really bad.

Dressing, however, is a completely different matter IMHO. This is not a habit or an addiction that I've picked up somewhere, but something, it seems, that I brought into this world with me. I don't think I could possibly quit wearing womens' clothes. And here is where I fear for you.

Imagine for a moment, if you will, your beloved wife finding out about your habit at some point deep into a happy marriage. Explaining that you've been keeping it closely hidden ain't gonna be simple, or probably believable. By not sharing your need to dress with your wife, your marriage may get hit with a landmine somewhere down the road.

I sincerely hope that this would never happen, but I think you take an enormous risk here.

charlie
11-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Hello Fiona!
It strikes me that there seem to be three very distinct types of crossdressers here. There are the closet girls that dress when they can and are always worrying about getting caught. There are the crossdressers that have supportive wives at home and dress whenever they want and step out with their SO. And lastly , dressers that dress as women all the time and live like women. Like you Fiona, I slink around and dress when I can. I wish I could be the middle group, but am afraid to tell my wife for fear I would lose her. It may mean I am living a lie, but at least I am still loving, being loved and living!

bgirl
11-04-2007, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=charlie90802;1068227]Hello Fiona!
It strikes me that there seem to be three very distinct types of crossdressers QUOTE]

There are far more than three types!!! The road between here and there has many stops!
If you notice, the light posts about clothes and adventures get a lot of activity, but when we are not worrying about the right bra size and color of our eyes, we ALL have to deal with a lot of issues. I just want you to know we are listening and many of us have been there, on our way to here.

Suzy Harrison
11-04-2007, 02:05 AM
Hi - All this must be so difficult for you. It must be like trying to hold your breath for years at a time. I'm afraid your feelings will only get worse over time.

Take it from me, these feelings will never go away no matter what your circumstances are - married or not.

You'll have to decide if you want a lifetime of frustration, or if you can tell your wife. I guess only you will have an idea of how she would feel about it.

Our 'condition' is not the worse thing in the world - far from it.

I hope everything works out for you

:hugs: Suzy

Sheri 4242
11-04-2007, 02:39 AM
Imagine . . . your beloved wife finding out about your habit at some point deep into a happy marriage. By not sharing your need to dress with your wife, your marriage may get hit with a landmine somewhere down the road.

You are playing a game with some extremely intense potential outcomes!!! Of course, you can't go back and undo the past -- and therein lies a problem of making decisions that are somebody else's to make!!! The longer you wait, the more difficult ths aspect will become, too!

fionablack
11-04-2007, 04:22 AM
Your responses and comments are all most welcome. Thank you.

I agree that there are many different types of crossdressers, and crossdressing journeys.

I acknowledge that I have made some serious mistakes and that it only going to get harder over the coming years.

It makes sense to try and come clean about it. I envy those of you that were brave enough to do this from the start.

I don't think I will ever get there though. I think I am too scared of the consequences. I wish I felt differently. If I could come clean and gain acceptence it would be such a weight off my mind, but I just don't think it will turn out that way.

I have always been careful and I have concealed this from my family for a long time. If I stick to some basic guidelines I believe I can continue to do this. It is a sacrifice, but one I feel is worth it for what I get in return.

My family life as it is, is not worth gambling with.

Maybe one day I will feel differently, but for the here and now I think I have to go on this way.

This site, is of immense comfort to me. Just reading it at times is enough for me. I don't post all that often, but it means alot to me hearing all the other stories of people just like me.

Thanks again for the comments and advice.

Fiona

fionablack
11-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Hello Fiona!
It strikes me that there seem to be three very distinct types of crossdressers here. There are the closet girls that dress when they can and are always worrying about getting caught. There are the crossdressers that have supportive wives at home and dress whenever they want and step out with their SO. And lastly , dressers that dress as women all the time and live like women. Like you Fiona, I slink around and dress when I can. I wish I could be the middle group, but am afraid to tell my wife for fear I would lose her. It may mean I am living a lie, but at least I am still loving, being loved and living!

Charlie, I know just where you are. It sounds like we have so much in common. I feel so much for you. It is so hard being in our position. I hope for both of us there is a solution someday. Although I would not wish the frustration of my situation on anyone, it is good to know there is someone else who appreciates just how it feels.

Melora
11-04-2007, 06:31 AM
I was in the same boat as you, except where children are concerned.
I got caught by my wife as I was passed out drunk while enfemme. This brought Alot of things out of the closet for me. For most people like us, This is a 50/50 chance, = Will she accept me.. Luckly for me she did up to the extant ultimatelly as long as she dont really have to see it, for now..
Any ways, this ACCIDENT actually lifted off a HUGE weight from my shoulders, such as if she finds a peice of fem clothing lying around, then She has an answer and understands..
I really WISH, everyday, that I COULD have told her earlier, then it might have turned out a little differently, and STILL can as well.
I feel for you, but one thing that many girls here have learned the hard way and know, IS.. That Secrets from the SO will just haunt you eventually. I think that either telling her or just giving it up is the best answers.
Hiding things is not "trust", and that really seems to hurt SOs.,
Just read all of the posts, it is there,,.
Good Luck, AND please be happy!
Melora