PDA

View Full Version : One small step for man kind (of)

Byllie
11-03-2007, 08:43 PM
This weekend, I told my wife I'd like to be able to talk more openly with her about my CDing. She knows, supports me, but doesn't wish to be involved or see me fully en femme.

Anyway, during one of our conversation, I mentioned how I've always felt neither male nor female, always somewhere in the middle. And how I've take the odd online gender test, which only confirmed this feeling, scoring somewhere in the middle.

I then said that what I want to be able to do is to dress so as to become a more complete person on the outside, not a separate person. She said, and her body language confirmed, that this made her feel relieved. She was afraid I was on the road to having dual personalities. I assured her that for me that's just not the case.

She then asked if why I don't mind shopping with her. I said I love looking at clothing, but unlike her I'm more of a buyer and less of a browser. I then pointed out how our daughter is also a buyer, indicating how this difference is not gender related.

Isn't it interesting how society (that's us, folks) tends to make these hard-fast associations between behavior and gender? I love to cook. So does Emeril, but somehow I can't see him as a crossdresser, can you? :happy:

bgirl
11-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Hello Byllie!
Its just not fair when you post and no one joins in. I just didn't want you to feel all alone. :D:D:D

Brianna Lovely
11-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Thank you Byllie, you expressed your feelings.

I do hope that more un-accepting SOs will come to realize, that many of us are a blend of genders.

I've often said, I'm not less of a person, because of my two genders, but I sure am more than "just a man".

Suzie S.
11-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Byllie, it sounds like your wife is on the same page as you now. Take things one day at a time, too much change too fast is a recipie for diseaster.

Each and everyone of us is different, and those differences are far deeper than gender. I love to cook, don't mind cleaning the house, I can sew (the basics anyway), and I don't mind shopping (groceries also :heehee:). I also work in construction, go figure. Nothing about my personality is gender related, I can feel like myself on either side of that crazy gender fence. I wish you well and God bless!! :happy:

Deborah Jane
11-04-2007, 05:30 AM
It sounds like you and your wife may be on the same wavelength now. A lot of us enjoy doing things that aren,t gender related. I enjoy doing up old cars, but i,ve recently started learning to sew and i enjoy that also. Just differant sides to the same person..Just me :happy:

Kate Simmons
11-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Once we get in touch with our true feelings and embrace them, rather than deny them, we can never go wrong really and those who love us will recognize this.:happy:

charllote34
11-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Sounds to me that you know yorself and thats the best frame of mind to be in