PDA

View Full Version : amazon.com and their treatment of me

maryjanecapri
11-04-2007, 08:11 AM
So I did a review of a pair of Hanes Transparent Sheer pantyhose for amazon. It was a glowing review. I even mentioned that I was a cross dressing male. Here's the review:

For starters I must say I am a man. I am a crossdresser. With that in mind you might know that men are the largest purchasers of pantyhose in the world. So - I have tried many a pair. I have to say that these pantyhose are by far the most comfortable, sexy, and best bang-for-your-buck hose I've ever worn. If you've never tried them you should. I will always return to this style in ever color (depending upon the season).

I give hanes silk reflections transparent sheer to waist pantyhose the highest rating. I would give it a higher rating if it were available.

Now what upsets me is the fact that they added a nice title to the review. The title they added: "A Kid's Review". I'm not sure if they did this to protect themselves or what. I KNOW I didn't add that title.

So I went back and added another review (a follow-up if you will) with the title "a MAN'S review". I basically reposted the original with this little pre-amble:

EDIT: This is a reposting of my initial review because for some reason (as I have stated in my comment) Amazon saw fit to add the title "A Kid's Review" to my review. I have no idea why this is so. I am not a kid. I am a 40 year old male. With that in mind...

This really upset me. I was honestly adding some helpful information that might lead someone to purchase the product. I couldn't believe Amazon would do that to me.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Shadeauxmarie
11-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Kinda weird.

Samantha B L
11-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree. Strange........either that or inept attempt at light humor.

azalea
11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Amazon usually automatically adds the title "A Kid's Review" if you're under a certain age. I don't think they actually read through the reviews.

KarenMichelleLuv
11-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Amazon usually automatically adds the title "A Kid's Review" if you're under a certain age. I don't think they actually read through the reviews.

Very true! If you don't complete the customer survey information or if you put in false information, then the automatic filters will assume default answers a "no response" or fictitious reply.

Karren H
11-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Probably more likely a software glitch.... I have had reviews on Yahoo just dissapear and I figure that the stores can veto them or something!!

maryjanecapri
11-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I clicked that I was over 13.

trannie T
11-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Lucky you, I haven't been called a kid in more years than I can count.