PDA

View Full Version : Would I Be a Girl?

jenny_cheerleader
04-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Hey all, i have a question, if i was to get surgery wold i be a girl or would i still me classified as a male? because obviously i would have to change my name/sex/etc according to my citizenship in the US

DonnaT
04-03-2005, 11:54 AM
You can be which ever you want to be.

Once a girl has transitioned, and changes their 'sex' on their birth certificate, she should be considered female, but that is not the case in all states. Maybe someday that will change.

Priss
04-03-2005, 04:07 PM
You can be whatever it is that you want to be. Whether or not it'll be legally recognized, is a different matter all together...:o

Or Yeah, like DonnaT said...

jenny_cheerleader
04-04-2005, 12:36 PM
thanks

Chrissycd
04-05-2005, 07:35 PM
pretty common to be reclassified as a female on legal documentation such as driver's licenses and such. The issue is now the timing of it. Some states might not allow you to switch until after you get SRS. Others let you change if you present yourself as a woman and there is documentation from a doctor that you are in transition. You'd be best off getting in touch with a local GLBT organization and asking them over the phone, or by seeing a gender therapist and asking the specifics in your state. Honestly, though, it's not something to worry about now, if you haven't even decided to transition yet. Many girls start and quit before they get far enought to have to worry about legalities and all of that nonsense.
Chrissy