PDA

View Full Version : Can I make myself do it?

fran46
11-05-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm studying at one of the Ivy League's top business schools this academic year. I've been underdressing all semester -- bra, panties, pantyhose -- but now I'm thinking of going to class sometime this week in women's stretch jeans from Gap, a cute but gender-neutral-looking top from Ann Taylor, and some pink-trimmed running shoes I got at Lady Foot Locker. Should I take the risk -- though it's not all that big, I'll admit -- and go for it?

Nikki A.
11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Ivy leaguers are a cut throat bunch and usually pretty narrow minded. Look at the big picture, will it hurt you in the long run career wise (rumors and innuendos) particulary if you're looking at a conservative job.
Unless you're willing to take that risk I would recommend dressing away from class on your off time.

Stephenie S
11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
It's my feeling that college is one of the most accepting, liberal minded, non discriminatory, areas where you will be able to do this. Almost all colleges have written policies regarding discrimination. Most large colleges have gender clinics. Where else could you count on absolute protection like this? Very few places. You are young? Everyone knows that young people experiment. Look around any college campus. You will see the most outlandish, non-conformist clothing anywhere!

I say go for it! You won't get another chance like this ever again. And who knows? Maybe it will work out. You may decide you want to do this more often.

Lovies,
Stephenie

One thing I WOULD do though, is look at the women in your class and dress JUST the same. The idea is to blend in so no one notices very much.

Dita_B
11-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with Stephenie... college is the best place ever to test this out.

And even if they pick up on it... so what? Do you think you are the only one in your college? Just apply the statistics and calculate how many of your ivy leaguers are potential CD's?

You'll risk to make some unexpected new friends, though!

So I would go for it...hands down. If you want to make a statement, this is the time and place.

Please let us know how it worked out! I, for one, would love to hear about it...

:love:Dita.

docrobbysherry
11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
What's the worst that can happen? Some might think u r gay. My 21 year old daughter had several gay friends in high school. And others that just looked like it. She said were accepted like regular kids at school. They were all GM. They were invited along on group dates and to social functions, too. How bad could it be if some folks thought u gay? Hmmm?
RS

www.myspace.com/robert/sherry

Nicki B
11-05-2007, 11:59 AM
What's the worst that can happen? Some might think u r gay.

Why would you care, or should that matter, at all.... :rolleyes:

Fran - how do you see yourself? Ever transitioning, or never in a million years?

Because what you are talking about is not about you - it's about outing yourself to everyone else (and at a business school, to your potential future colleagues and clients)?

It will take courage - and it will get you noticed - both of those might be pros? But it sounds like there is a potential downside - unless one day you will be working as a girl fulltime? :strugglin

AmandaM
11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't do it. Many in these schools will be captains in industry one day. Unless you're going to transition, don't play around. You want your first job for God's sake.

Jilmac
11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
as a blue collar trades person i obtained my educatoin and training at a technical college. the standards among students and faculty are pretty liberal and almost any style of dress has been accepted. however, i believe an ivy league school would have much more conservitive standards and thus be less willing to accept any thing they would consider to be "not normal". the combination you suggested sounds like something you could wear with ease at a tech college, and blend right in with all the other students. i don't envision you doing much blending at your ivy league college if you decide to go en femme. some of the other girls are telling you to go for it, but all i can tell you are my true feelings based on what i know about different schools, and how the so called "compassionate conservatives" view our lifestyle. the choice is yours but proceed with caution.-----Jill

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-05-2007, 03:28 PM
I understand the reputation thing but colleges are the safest place you can find for diversity.

MJ
11-05-2007, 03:54 PM
It's my feeling that college is one of the most accepting, liberal minded, non discriminatory, areas where you will be able to do this. Almost all colleges have written policies regarding discrimination. Most large colleges have gender clinics. Where else could you count on absolute protection like this? Very few places. You are young? Everyone knows that young people experiment. Look around any college campus. You will see the most outlandish, non-conformist clothing anywhere!

I say go for it! You won't get another chance like this ever again. And who knows? Maybe it will work out. You may decide you want to do this more often.

Lovies,
Stephenie

One thing I WOULD do though, is look at the women in your class and dress JUST the same. The idea is to blend in so no one notices very much.

This is the best advice . try to blend in.. and most important of all relax and enjoy