PDA

View Full Version : the grass is always greener?

Nikki A.
11-05-2007, 11:31 AM
After reading TXKimberly's post I decided to add my two cents in. With my wife passing away I've had to go through her things and give most of them away. Of course there are items that I'm keeping for sentimental reasons and others for me to wear. So now I have a wardrobe, less constraints but I've lost my best friend and companion and my pink fog buster. I'm also spending more time with my teens since I have to get my daughter around.

With no wife, and with both of the kids out till late a few Saturdays ago I decided rather than sit alone at home I'd make my debut,get dressed and head over to Rainbow Mountain for the Xdressers weekend. I got there early hooked up with Salandra who was nice enough to introduce me to a few of the regulars there. Everyone was so nice I had a great time, I felt comfortable and wished that I could have stayed longer. I was invited back for the Halloween party but my daughter's band competion was cancelled and I didn't want to leave her alone.
While I enjoyed going out, I guess that if I was given the choice of my wife back or give up dressing, I'd give it all up to have her back.

KarenMichelleLuv
11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Dear Searching.

Your heart and mind are in the right place. I'm so sorry about your loss. My wife is my best friend too, even though she doesn't know about my CDing. You've put family above your "hobbies" and this is the proper way of things...

Carry on darling.:hugs:

Karren H
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I agree... Family first... Everything else is a distant second....

K

Kate Simmons
11-05-2007, 11:55 AM
It was really great to see you at the club my friend but I definately understand your feelings. If my wife ever decides to give me another chance, she will have first priority in my life with dressing taking the back burner. It's one thing to have "total freedom" to do what you want when you want but quite another thing to have to do it alone. What price "victory"? It can be quite a high one as I have found out and no contest really when compared to a real live person for companionship. At the end of the day, all you have is a bunch of clothes that can't even talk to you. Sobering thought that, but true.:straightface:

Mitch23
11-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I could have total victory and would have no trouble dressing 24/7 if alone. But I love my wife and family and so have to compromise all the while i am fortunate to have them

mitch

Nicki B
11-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey hun - I know where you are.. :hugs:

She lives on, in you - and if you're like me, you model yourself on her, so she's still sharing when you go out? But do go out, live the rest of your life to the full?

She wouldn't have wanted you to sit and be miserable.. :)