PDA

View Full Version : sometimes i HATE epillators

Rayna
04-03-2005, 01:41 PM
I've been shaving for about 6 months now after having put the epillator in the closet...
broke it out again today to do my chest and started doing my legs.

The chest wasn't too bad.. i can tollerate that.
but god damn did that hurt my legs.

Anyone have any tips to tollerate the pain a little better?

Tristen Cox
04-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Uhm just one, whiskey works wonders :D What's my point? Have one drink only. "Friends don't let friends epilate while drunk" :eek:

Rayna
04-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Uhm just one, whiskey works wonders :D What's my point? Have one drink only. "Friends don't let friends epilate while drunk" :eek:

i'm not much for whiskey, but I think the amount of rum i had might have been a tad too much *smile*

Ava Mouse
04-03-2005, 08:30 PM
The longer the hair, the more it hurts, mostly because it's grabbing too much hair at once. Also the length of each hair means it stretches more, lenghtening the time to yank, also reducing the chances of getting the root...

Clip your hair short first.

Felicity
04-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Pain... It also hurts more when you don't use them regularly. When you use then, the hair grows back finer, and thickens the longer it grows without being plucked out. Shaving can actually cause the hair to grow thicker, making it more painful when used.

Baby Girl
04-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I dont know if I've ever seen an eppillator but I have shaven my April for the past 7 years and I can give you a little idea about the breaking out and soreness. I bought a lotion for us thats a soothing lotion. It's called Johnson's softlotion Bedtime lotion. April has a problem with breaking out but now it doesn't hurt and burn because right after shaving I rub her down with that lotion and it actually numbs it I know I've tried it on my legs and by the next day the agravating feeling is usually gone.

Hope I helped a little
Hugs,Baby Girl :)