PDA

View Full Version : Influencing

Veronica 1
11-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I was sitting here tonight in my denim skirt, black spaghetti strap top, black hose, cream pumps (comfort, not fashion), and wearing my forms and bad wig, but the only one that I have other than costume. I was having a great time playing with my grandkids when I thought about the possibility of imprinting an alternative image on them that could affect their future. I mean, if they end up as a CD, then that is their own choice and made with their own free will but I would feel slightly responsible if it could ever be proven that I influenced their choice. The kids are 10 months and 2 years and easily influenced at this age, and the stage that they are learning at probably the fastest rate in their lives.
Any thoughts?

Cynthia_0101
11-06-2007, 11:45 PM
I was never dressed up as a child or seen anyone dressing. I am positive it's hardwiring in the brain not something you can learn.

docrobbysherry
11-07-2007, 12:12 AM
I was never dressed up as a child or seen anyone dressing. I am positive it's hardwiring in the brain not something you can learn.

I think Cynthia is correct. A CD told me recently, his 12 year old grandson is ademant about being allowed to CD. I asked if he ever saw his granddad dressed. But, he said, "No". He's a closet dresser anyway. May actually be good for them!?
RS

trannie T
11-07-2007, 12:38 AM
My grandfather was a carpenter, he was a great guy and I thought the world of him. I spent time with him as he worked and he showed me how to do a few things. I cannot pound a nail or cut a board straight.
I think your grandkids are safe as I believe it takes more than seeing grampa in a teddy to make one a crossdresser.

crunchysoda
11-07-2007, 12:41 AM
I truly don't believe it is a "learned behavior" and has much more to do w/"nature" than "nurture."

The thing w/kids though, they tend to speak the "truth" and rarely hold anything back. So if given the opportunity I know my son would probably say something to someone else about his papa wearing women's clothing.
Like, "Hey my papa wears a skirt at home!"
I can just see his preschool teacher's face w/that one! :heehee:

Trannie T:
Oh man I dont think anyone wants/needs/should to see their grandpa in a teddy!!
*that* would be burnt into any kids memory. eek!! lol

Stephanie Anne
11-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Here is my opinion...

Let me preface by saying I do not quantify crosdressing as any less important than being transgendered, gender dysphoric, etc.

My thought that is your children and grandchildren have a right to know about what their parents do but only when old enough to understand the how and why.

Not being in a state where you wish to live as a woman 24/7, this would lead me to believe that a person is still wanting to be a man but enjoys being fem some times. IT is important then to display that side of you that you are (a man) and not the side you like to be sometimes.

Your grandkids are too young to comprehend what it is you are doing so you have an obligation to protect them from such things until they are old enough to fully comprehend.

Now I am not judging or trying to sound smug but I think you shouldn't expose them to your private desires, especially if you are not their primary care giver.

This would be completely different if you were living full time and only dressed as a man when seeing them. Then you would be doing them a disservice pretending to be something you are not (kinda a reverse cross dress ;) )

Nicki B
11-07-2007, 05:04 AM
What do you think of the idea of them seeing their grandma in a teddy??? :hmmm:

And what would their Mom think of it? :eek:

But no, it's not learned behaviour - it's passed on genetically.

Veronica 1
11-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, mom and dad are living with me and they are cool about it and say whatever makes me comfortable. I am glad to hear that it is probably a genetic thing and not a learned response.