PDA

View Full Version : Future Recruit

Donna Marie
11-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Yesterday I was in a thrift store, just browsing. A young woman came in with a little one in a stroller (pram for those in the UK), and a small boy. As she browsed the same area I was in (long sleeve ladies tops), the little boy kept examining the goods with great interest. Mommy kept trying to discourage him. I could see that he was clearly fascinated, though. I'd guess we'll have a new recruit to our group one of these days. It was sort of fun to watch out of the corner of my eye.

As for me, I never did find anything I wanted :(

Karren H
11-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Wheel that little guy into Victoria Secret's, Mommy would relly have her hand ful!!!! Lol.

I don't find anything at thrifts either that why I no longer shop there...

K

jenniferj
11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Oh Dear! Warning - another sports injury story (run and hide!)

A few years ago, I was laid up for a whole summer from a ruptured achilles tendon and the repair surgury. I was in a non-weight bearing cast and after 5weeks of crutches, going to work, and coming home and sitting - I was going bonkers.

One particlarily hot Saturday afternoon, my very smart wife said "Let's go to the Mall!". "Don't think I can", said I,"my armpits are killing me." "I'll bet the mall has loaner wheelchairs" she said. Hmmmmm. (I said that she was the smart one)

So we spent an air-conditioned afternoon in the mall, with her wheeling me about.

Then we went into Victoria's Secret. I always try to be non-chalant in such places, but all of the bra displays are exactly at eye level when sitting.

And of course they had very nice things.

Which I tried very hard not to stare at.

So I averted my eyes...

And found myself staring into the chest of every woman in the store. Of course their busts are also exactly at eye level when you are sitting down.

A delightfully uncomfortable dilemma. I wonder if any customers noticed my fascination.

-jj

Dita_B
11-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Thank you for this wonderful amusing story Jennifer... So you see there are advantages for being in a wheel chair...

I sure hope, Donna Marie, that you slipped the web address of this site into the little boy's hands, so he could email one of our moderators to apply for an early membership while on his computer in kindergarten?

One can never be too early to let those female feelings out!

Love, Dita.

Ruth
11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Interesting example of the programming that goes on through our childhood. You're a boy so you can't like those things, you got to like these things. It's very sad.

Angie G
11-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Well we will have to keep a spot open for him or her :hugs:
Angie

sissystephanie
11-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I have to agree with Karren! VS would really give the little boy, and his mother, something to think about.:heehee:

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

Billijo49504
11-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes Karren, It, VS, gives me something to think about, too. I love shopping there. The IPEX deal is going to be for the wife, I have 2 already, and the Air Pillow push up is for me...BJ