PDA

View Full Version : Outed with a Sneer

charlie
11-07-2007, 05:14 PM
I was in Phoenix, returning from a great week of business, nightly dressing, going to transgendered bars and carrying all my clothes in a carryon. I did not want to check my bag as the airlines usually lose it. I knew there was a small chance of being embarssed, but hey, I am not doing anything illegal! So as I am waiting with my belt and shoes off, the TSA agent holds up my bag and asks who owns this gray bag? I claim it and have to go over to a table where he proceeds to open it and go through everything. Out comes the two pairs of high heels, dresses, makeup, colorful bras and at the bottom.....silicon breasts. The guy did pretty well until he held up the silicon breasts. He gave me a "queer" look and tossed everything back in the bag and said "Sir, you have a good day". The whole thing was embarassing, but good for my confidence as well. Afterall, what can you do? Anyone else have an embarassing story?

livy_m_b
11-07-2007, 06:11 PM
You did good, hon! Be proud!

SandyR
11-07-2007, 06:24 PM
You did great! See my other threads, but got pulled over in ennfemme.....spooked me, but lucky for me only the cop who pulled me over knew, and he kept it to him self.

SandyR

SatinDoll00
11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Well, one thing is for sure...you don't want to make a scene with the TSA! If you feel that your privacy has been invaded now, imagine what it would be like in one of those strip-search rooms <shudder> :D

Morgan

renee k
11-07-2007, 06:42 PM
That's really uncalled for. If it were me I'd complain to a supervisor. Sometimes they (TSA) intentionally do stupid things, like slam your laptop into a bin. Or try and confiscate ones maglight.

Huggs, Renee

jaina
11-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I was in Phoenix, returning from a great week of business, nightly dressing, going to transgendered bars and carrying all my clothes in a carryon. I did not want to check my bag as the airlines usually lose it. I knew there was a small chance of being embarssed, but hey, I am not doing anything illegal! So as I am waiting with my belt and shoes off, the TSA agent holds up my bag and asks who owns this gray bag? I claim it and have to go over to a table where he proceeds to open it and go through everything. Out comes the two pairs of high heels, dresses, makeup, colorful bras and at the bottom.....silicon breasts. The guy did pretty well until he held up the silicon breasts. He gave me a "queer" look and tossed everything back in the bag and said "Sir, you have a good day". The whole thing was embarassing, but good for my confidence as well. Afterall, what can you do? Anyone else have an embarassing story?

He searched your carry on bag and cleared you to fly. What the problem?
Sometimes you get called sir out of habit after an ID check. Its no big deal.

renee k
11-07-2007, 07:41 PM
He searched your carry on bag and cleared you to fly. What the problem?
Sometimes you get called sir out of habit after an ID check. Its no big deal.

The problem is, the TSA's mission is to screen for weapons, explosives,etc;
and treat the traveling public civilly, not humiliate or embarrass.

Renee

Kris
11-07-2007, 08:23 PM

First, I am sorry .. I don't know your en femme name and don't want to disrespect you by calling you "charlie."

But I am really sorry this happened... what a jerk. I mean how much did he have to pull out?? I think that he needs customer service training, to say the least.

:hugs: Kris

Jordan
11-07-2007, 08:34 PM
No i have nevr had a problem like that sounds like you handled it good though

Edwina
11-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Well done Charlie. :thumbsup:
I recently had to go to our Foreign parcels section of our postal service to collect the breast forms I had ordered from the UK. The clerk (male) started calculating the charges due and said in a loud voice " What exactly is in here?" He was obviously trying to embarrass me in front of the other people as he had a full description in the documentation. I just laughed and replied "breast forms". He gave up then and completed the transaction without further comment.
I think sometimes people like that are looking for something to alleviate the boredom of their jobs. :heehee:
:love:
Edwina

Billijo49504
11-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I think if I would have expected a search of my bag, i would have had a vibrater on the top. And then as one of the comics on LOGO suggests, ask if they want to see it run.<LOL>...BJ

trannie T
11-08-2007, 12:26 AM
TSA does not attract the best and the brightest your treatment was about what we can expect. You did well, I hope he had a good time going through your undies.

StayceeCD
11-08-2007, 12:37 AM
I always check my girly stuff as I'm usually traveling with one. or many co-workers!:heehee:

Marlena-4now
11-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Charlie, that's the sort of thing we all dread, public put downs and embarrassment. But, as you say, usually the actual event is not as devastating as imagined. Bravo to you for shrugging it off. Remember that old 70's rock song ?- "Hold your head up - yeah - Hold your head up- yeah - hold your head high!"

Sheri 4242
11-08-2007, 03:42 AM
So as I am waiting with my belt and shoes off, the TSA agent holds up my bag and asks who owns this gray bag? I claim it and have to go over to a table where he proceeds to open it and go through everything. Out comes the two pairs of high heels, dresses, makeup, colorful bras and at the bottom.....silicon breasts. The guy did pretty well until he held up the silicon breasts. He gave me a "queer" look and tossed everything back in the bag and said "Sir, you have a good day".

I'd have said -- clearly and sternly, but with a smile on my face -- "now, aren't you glad crossdressers are, for the most part, heterosexual." :D

H'mmmm -- maybe as I left I'd have yelled back at him, "Don't forget the meeting next Saturday night -- I think you're down to come as a cheerleader." :lol2:

Ah, life . . .

Nicki B
11-08-2007, 07:42 AM
TSA does not attract the best and the brightest your treatment was about what we can expect.

Really? I do think a complaint is called for - that sort of behaviour is totally out out of order and should be seen to be so..

But that's Charlie's call.

Tammy298
11-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Years ago well before 9/11, I was traveling with some business associates with a care-on and hadn't really considered the possible consequences of baggage checks. They were scanning the bags with an x-ray machine or whatever and paused when the spotted some stuff rolled up with bits of metal. I could see clearly my stash of lingerie where they were looking. It was the hooks on a bra and the garters with the rolled up lingerie! My heart skipped more than a beat as I stood there, my boss & a co-worker standing at my side! Fortunately they didn't open the bag and I was let on the plane. On future flights, I made sure I didn't take anything that obvious and was more careful about going through the baggage check with co-workers!

Karren H
11-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Too funny... Nahhhh... When I fly I carry so much work related stuff on board... And I usually carry 2 large suitcases full of fem clothing which I check through.. never had a problem. Except going over the weight limit all the time... I call it a tarrif on crossdressing...

kassandra richard
11-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Checked mine back and forth from Austin. Narry a problem except, as Karren mentioned, the risk of my suitcase being too heavy. Fortunately squeaked through on the way down and split into two bags coming back. I swear I packed for two people :)

Kassandra

Kris
11-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I'd have said -- clearly and sternly, but with a smile on my face -- "now, aren't you glad crossdressers are, for the most part, heterosexual." :D

H'mmmm -- maybe as I left I'd have yelled back at him, "Don't forget the meeting next Saturday night -- I think you're down to come as a cheerleader." :lol2:

Ah, life . . .

Ohhhh Sheri,

You and I think a lot alike. Making sure someone (hoping for macho man) was close enough to hear, I would have said something like, "oh you know what's in there sweety, you packed it for me at the hotel! I know you just wanted another peak!"

Then blown him a kiss. I think what he did is just gross. Excitement for their jobs is not a customers responsibility. They should save that for... I dont know maybe TERRORISTS..

Gosh this irritates me!

Niya W
11-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Pre 9/11 I had a CD player on me. The elder screener wanted to see if it was real. He put on the head phones and listen to the CD. Judging by his expressions he does not like Ice Cube :)

trannie T
11-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Really? I do think a complaint is called for - that sort of behaviour is totally out out of order and should be seen to be so..

But that's Charlie's call.

I agree completely, my original post was not to excuse or defend the TSA, just to point out that one should not expect polite professional service from them. If we complain enough possibly we can effect a change.

TxKimberly
11-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Yup - I was in San Jose on 911 and obviously had to make the trip back to Austin when things calmed down enough for flights to start up again. At that point, they had non of the automated stuff they have now and they were going through all checked baggage by hand. What do you know, it was one of the few times I had something outragous with me - a full length pink wedding gown with rows of lace - I mean we are talking fru fru from hell - it filled 75&#37; of my bag. They opened the bag right there in front of everyone and started going through it. Not a snear, not a comment, no funny looks even.
What doesn't kill you . . .
Kim

silkenhose
11-09-2007, 07:49 PM
i was traveling back from NY last winter, had packed all my play clothes in my check luggage. However had decided to wear pantyhose (no socks) for the trip back. Not thinking I had to take my shoes off at the security check point. Even though they were sheer toe they were still a darker tan color and man my feet stood out.

the lady who called me though had a look down, looked at me and said, "those are a really nice color what brand are they?". Could have died...............:eek:

RachelDenise
11-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Never had a problem because I check Rachel's things, but invariably my bag is inspected even when put through the checked bags part when I have breastforms in there. I usually get a noice left inside that my bag was inspected. I hope they enjoyed fondling my breasts! :heehee:

Jaquelyn
11-09-2007, 09:18 PM
We have flown twice to Indianapolis in the last year (my wife and I) and being that it is vacation time for us, we have brought along quite a few of our bondage items and "toys". The last trip, we got the note inside the bag that had all those items, that it had been inspected. Now, you know whomever did that, got the surprise of their lives!!!:D Too bad, so sad.

Kali
11-09-2007, 10:34 PM
I always check my girlie things, mainly because I don't want to talke forms through the carry-on process, just in case someone I know is around if the bag gets hand checksed.

My SO always checks bags now when we take our more adventurous toys,a nd tends to pack more carefully. I thiknk that has something to do with the trip where she put a couple of toys in an outside pocket of the bag she was checking and they hand checked it while she stood there. ;)

marny
11-11-2007, 01:00 AM
You are dealing with people who have a less than exciting job. You are probably the highlight of their day or week. You should give the guy the benefit of passing you through and not seizing your forms to test and see if they were a different form of plastic. That is probably next! :eek: Makes you want to stay home! :mad: any who. I pack my things in the check on or wear it. :D