PDA

View Full Version : ruined my fun

ronni
11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Whoa, let me tell you about this, girls!
I just got all dolled up, the cuuuuutest
black mini skirt, new jet black shiny
pantyhose, linen-colored slingback heels,
a lovely black lace top, and made up like
a cupie doll (well I've never really seen
one, but I've heard of them), and I was
going to take a few pictures of myself
because I like to study my progress and
by keeping a photo record I can improve my
look and look back and laugh...
anyway, I tripped over my tripod and broke
my camera! It's not like I had anywhere to
go, it's just that I had a couple of hours
to myself for "play-time," and I just bought
the blouse today and I've been planning it
all day, things were going so well, and now,
waah! I just wanted to show you all how I
could look. Not only that, but I have to
buy a new camera now too.

My photo album is the way that I can enjoy
dressing up when I can't dress up, which is
most of the time. I can always look back and
think about the next time and plan what I
want to wear. It's fun to mix and match,
make new outfits out of clothes you already
have. I guess they call it "accessorizing."

Next time I hope to have a picture for you...

Staci
11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear about the camera. That is really bad luck. Look at the bright side. It's an opportunity to upgrade. Good luck.

Ðarissa
11-07-2007, 09:38 PM
That really sucks you tripped and nuked your camera. Sounds like something I would do. I knocked mine off the top of a cardboard box when I was taking shots of my shoes. LOL. It didn't hurt it, but the fall wasn't that far.

I need to buy a new camera too and got my eye on a Canon powershot A630. My camera is ok for outside scenery stuff but inside it just sucks on most shots.

Billijo49504
11-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Sorry to here about your camera problems. But Cupie Dolls had round patches of rough, for blush. Can you amagine having round patched of blush, instead of having it go from the cheek apple to the ear....BJ

trannie T
11-08-2007, 12:33 AM
I keep a camera repair shop in business. Tripods in confined spaces are a disaster. I feel your pain.

docrobbysherry
11-08-2007, 01:19 AM
I keep a camera repair shop in business. Tripods in confined spaces are a disaster. I feel your pain.

I may have a unique situation, since I live alone most of the time. It takes me only a few minutes to set up a cheesy photo shoot area in my bedroom.

But, if u r as into CD pics as I am, u might try what I do. I set up a Mini DV digital movie camera on a tripod, of course! That allows me to move around and try various poses and positions, all by myself. Later, I go thru the movies on my computer using stop action. I grab any frame that I think looks promising. Later, I cull those when I see them full size. Not the same photo quality as still pics, but I get some real unusual, (good), pics this way. Another advantage: tapes r cheap and easily removed and hidden!
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Sheri 4242
11-08-2007, 03:14 AM
Sorry about your camera -- and, of course, about your photo shoot being ruined for the day! But, there will be other days and more photo ops!!! Prior to the birth of my first grandchild, I took the opportunity to invest in a Sony Alpha DSLR -- what a great multi-functional camera!!! (And, of course, in the back of my mind I was thinking not only about tons of grandchildren photos, but also some photo shoots of Sheri!!!) So, look at buying a new camera as an opportunity to invest in something that will give you great use!!!

jessikasummerfox
11-08-2007, 03:32 AM
It was not an expensive camera, was it? That would be a major bummer!

faltenrock
11-08-2007, 03:33 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, but I must agree, now you can upgrade and perhaps take even better pics.

Phyliss
11-08-2007, 03:40 AM
My biggest worry when taking some pictures is catchting my foot on one of the tripod legs as I get ready for the "ten second dash"
Still not too graceful in heels at any speed.

I know I would have cried if something like that happened to me.

Chloe Jean
11-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Well Ronni we girls aren't very good with gadets-or at least certain gadets. I feel your pain dear.
Recently i nuked my refrigerator, landlord is not going to be happy, I am such a Klutz. Good news is that that should make it easier for me lose weight. I want fit into smaller size. Let me know what camera you buy- I want to get a digital camera so I can take pix without worrying about camera tech knowing my business. When it comes to mechanical stuff i am clueless. Trying to find to a way to break the news to Him.

Hugs
Chloe jean

paulaN
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Well that's a sucks don't it. Sorry to here about your camera. Maybe you could get a heavy duty tripod. I have a mini pod that you set on tables or what ever. That takes feet outa the picture. It fits right into my camera bag.

ronni
11-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Well it didn't turn out all that bad...even though I broke my $150 digital camera and have to buy a new one, I did cry about it, but I did get to wear my new skirt, it's just that it was all over so fast! So I borrowed another camera, put on my skirt again and took a picture to show you all. Thanks for your sympathy, I'm not all that graceful in heels, especially around tripods.

KarenMichelleLuv
11-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Ronni,

When you get the new camera, make sure that it has a programmable time delay. This a way kewl way to be able to take your time while walking to the focus zone...

:hugs:

"Mary"
11-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Nice picture that was worth the wait. I see that you paid attention to detail and have nicely shaved pits and your arms have a fit fem look in the picture, too.

Thanks for sharing.

Diana