PDA

View Full Version : if the tables were turned?

anda_mouse
11-08-2007, 08:40 AM
hi everbody. i havent posted here in forever although i visit often i just always felt a little shy. anyways. how would you feel if a sibling or child told you they were a crossdresser?

Chloe Jean
11-08-2007, 08:46 AM
And i was yr typical drab guy? It who be a shock but I like to think that i would be able support and accept my brother if he admitted that to me.
Had a friend tell me that he was Gay and that did not have any impact of our friendship.
Chloe

Marla S
11-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Would be fine with me, but probably only because I am a CD, which forced me to think about acceptance, prejudices and stuff.

Without having this experiences, I would ask if they are homosexual or plan to transition, and would call the doctor immediately :heehee:

Deborah Jane
11-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I wouldn,t have a problem with it. Being a c/d myself makes me more aware of how to deal with it i suppose.

Sheri 4242
11-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Well, first I'd feel honored that they felt comfortable enough to tell me! We all can appreciate how difficult it is to keep crossdressing quiet/secret, so if someone made a choice to tell you, well that would have to be an obvious step of great trust! Above and beyond that, I'd hope that I would be a great influence on the person's clothing choices! Crossdressers frequently get "stuck," if you will, with certain ideas regarding styles and image that really aren't appropriate. So, beyond the obvious show of trust, I'd want to have a positive influence in the way the person decided what styles they were going to wear!

Carol A
11-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't have a problem at all. My mother except me at the age of 14 and never once had a bad thing to say. All she ever really told me was to be a proper lady at all times and keep it at home which I didn't.

Lilith Moon
11-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Unlike me, my daughter is so conventional and "proper" that I sometimes wish she would reveal something out of the ordinary about herself. :heehee:

MJ
11-08-2007, 10:23 AM
**sibling or child told you they were a crossdresser? **

i would be fine with that .. but i would have many questions

Lucy Bright
11-08-2007, 10:42 AM
In a way, it would be a shock - simply because I haven't ever thought of them in that way. That's not to say I would be so hypocritical as to disapprove, but it would mean moving my mental furniture around quite a bit - and dusting, too, in my case!

It's really quite a salutary exercise, when we consider that many of us who have come out have asked precisely that of our own loved ones - who have mostly been thinking about such matters far less than we naturally have.

That said, it could be kind of fun, too...

Kisses,

Lucy

Chari
11-08-2007, 11:07 AM
It would be an honor that they chose me to reveal their secret for it takes alot of courage to tell someone of your most inner thoughts. I would do all I could to help them understand and accept their feelings.

Chari

Sharon
11-08-2007, 11:14 AM
It would be hypocritical of me to be anything but completely supportive of them. I would also definitely let them know that I would always be there for them -- ready to listen, advise, share experiences, and so forth. I would also be careful not to endorse or promote crossdressing as anything more than it is -- a personal choice or need -- and I would not push them into something they are not ready for or have no desire for.

renee k
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
It would be hypocritical of me to be anything but completely supportive of them. I would also definitely let them know that I would always be there for them -- ready to listen, advise, share experiences, and so forth. I would also be careful not to endorse or promote crossdressing as anything more than it is -- a personal choice or need -- and I would not push them into something they are not ready for or have no desire for.

I completely and totally agree with Sharon's thoughts, how can you not be supportive. That's why I really don't understand how others can turn their back on their own flesh and blood. Isn't this what unconditional love is all about?

Renee

docrobbysherry
11-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I only have a 13 year old daughter. All she wears r; T shirts, swearshirts, sports shoes, and jeans. She already IS a CD, I just don't think she realises it! Since most of her friends wear similar clothes.
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

mollytyler
11-08-2007, 05:44 PM
IT would be refreshing if everyone could be as open as they want....in fact since I was the forerunner in my family on CD/TS issues and was accepted during my transition... my cousin(male) revealed his/her side of life...though she is more in the CD stage, it was so fun to have him/her reveal his/her "closeted" side to me....she has emerged more and more and took her out one evening to give her a taste of CDing in public...she was hooked but still will only go out if I am with her as she is VERY shy and small town atmosphere

Ruth
11-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Well I would be surprised, that's for sure. But I also hope and trust I would be supportive and accepting. Knowing the situation from the inside out, as it were, I would understand, as much as anyone can, what would be going on in their mind.

Ðarissa
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
It certainly wouldn't bother me if a sibling, child, friend or relative or somebody told me they were a CDer, even if I didn't do it myself. I like to think I'm pretty open minded about stuff.

scarlett
11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I guess I can relate to this as my daughter has recently revealed that she is involved with another girl. I was surprised at how easily I accepted it but then who am I to throw stones?

Sinthia
11-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Sharon, you said it all. All the things I would have liked said to me when I started dressing.

Scarlett, people who dance to the beat of a different drummer usually find it eaier to tolerate the same trait from someone else. Perhaps it is because we want so much to be accepted that we are able to accept other without judging.

Jordan
11-10-2007, 07:52 AM
I would support them I know what I went through to get this far and would help them out

battybattybats
11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't have a problem in the world.
I have always believed in individuality, in diversity.

Also I always believed that people should be free to be who they choose to be, who they are or who they need to be, not who I thought they were, who they used to be or who I want them to be.

Lisa Golightly
11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I'd help them all I could.

Paula G
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I have already gone through something similar to this with a very close family member in regards to their sexuality, and it has not changed our relationship at all.

charllote34
11-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Ha ha the reaction you get from us will always be supportive why not post this in another site to see the reaction :D

trannie T
11-10-2007, 05:21 PM
I came out to my brother last summer, he's probably still in shock. He's so conservative that if he were a crossdresser he would not even tell himself. I don't have any children, it would be fun to have a crossdressing son, helping him catch his first fish, playing catch, buying him his first training bra . . .

carolinewalker_2000
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
It would be wonderful to have someone with whom you could share intimicies.

Rita B
11-10-2007, 07:17 PM
As crossdressers ourselves, it would be impossible not to accept it. I think that this is a subject worthy of a poll: what advice would you give to mothers (parents) as to how to handle their young sons when they discover that they are wearing feminine clothing.

Jere Oneil
11-11-2007, 07:44 AM
My youngest daughter hasn't worn a dress or skirt since she was about 12. Before she broke up with her last boyfriend, they were getting pretty serious and I jokingly said to her, you know, if you get married, you'll have to wear a wedding dress. She answered, if anyone wears a dress at my wedding it will be the groom. Kind of made me wonder.

Cindi Ann Kelly
11-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I would not have a problem with it, since I am a CDer.

cindi ann

susie evans
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
the love for a friend are another is un conditional :hugs:

susie

Michelle04240
11-12-2007, 09:54 AM
No problem here. I'm sitting here in satin pajamas and panties, who am I to judge?

No matter...Family, friend or stranger. Gay, straight or Bi.
Cross dresser, trans,..whatever.

My family and friends will have my love and support no matter how they choose to live.

Well..you know..unless they start running around shooting people :eek: