PDA

View Full Version : Walking the malls

tiffanythecd2001
11-08-2007, 05:55 PM
:happy:Hi;when i walk the malls; people stare; are they starring because im a male in dress as a freek or because im beautiful, mayby they girlfreinds are jealous, thanks Tiffany.:heehee:

MonikaW
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
It can be for any number of reasons. How are you dressed when at the mall? If you are in an evening gown on a Saturday afternoon in the mall, it will be noticed. One important aspect to blending in at the mall is to be dressed in a manner similar to other women your age at the mall. The sexy mini with the 6" heels may be fun at a club, but is not something any woman would wear to the mall.

People do pay attention to other people at the mall, so it is possible that what you are interpreting as staring is simply people checking you out. When I first started going out, I was always paranoid that people were staring at me until I realized that it was just normal checking out. I put myself at ease when I realized the men were often just staring at my legs :D. I have also payed attention to how much people look at me when I am out in drab and was surprised to realize just how often I'm checked out then too. I find that people just look at other people. I think because our sense of awareness is heighted when out dressed, we often perceive that we are being looked at more when if fact we are not.

Tina Dixon
11-08-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't know haven't seen you in a mall, but I'm sure if I walked they would look, not a lot of 6' and over women out there.

Karren H
11-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Well if it's the first one then you not doing a very good job and it you think it's the second one you sure think pretty highly of yourself?? hahahaha

Karren

Sherlyn
11-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Geez I never get stared at .... hmmmmmphhhhhh ..not that I know of anyways ..:)

SandyR
11-08-2007, 07:36 PM
They are just impressed about how good you look! Thats my plan and I am sticking with it!

Hugs!

SandyR

Dita_B
11-08-2007, 09:44 PM
We have not much to go by to answer your question...

When I look at your avatar, you look gorgeous. When you would show up in the mall like that, you bet people would stare at you...at least I would...
Some say that you best blend in while in the Mall, but I, for one, don't want to blend in, I want to stand out. And that is the way I chose to dress, to stand out. Do I get stares? You bet and I enjoy every single one of them. Of course I stare back, or I smile back, depending on the situation.

This afternoon I was in a shoe store in the mall asking for boots size 12 and was served with all the possible courtesy. The girl who helped me told me she had a sister who had also size 12 and she referred me to the only store in town who, according to her, sold women's shoes of that size.

They never missed a beat and I assume that they accepted me as a woman, lock, stock and barrel... Unfortunately I could not attach a picture from me today as it was a very dark and rainy day and by the time I was at the mall it was already getting dark. But today I kind of looked like the picture on my profile, same skirt, shoes and jacket, different pink angora sweater.

So why don't you include a picture from yourself in the clothes and makeup you wear to the mall. In that way we could make some comments that make sense...

Love, :love:Dita.

Billijo49504
11-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Try dressing like the rest of the women at the mall. Then see what the results are...BJ

Kate Simmons
11-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Ask them.:happy:

crusadergirl
11-09-2007, 12:33 AM
How can you dress like all the women in the mall they all dress different. To say women don't wear mini skirts are heels at the mall is wrong i see every style you can think of when i go. So next time i go i will have to ask one of the girls if i can wear there clothes so i can blend in. And its cool ppl notice you in the mall that means you most look pretty good. Blending is for a blender not for the way you dress silly?

Sally2005
11-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Well, if they stare with their mouth open, they might be in shock...you could be drop dead gorgeous or maybe you forgot to shave in the last week! If you look presentable, people probably just look and then look away or look with a blank stare or smile.

noname
11-09-2007, 02:01 AM
:happy:Hi;when i walk the malls; people stare; are they starring because im a male in dress as a freek or because im beautiful, mayby they girlfreinds are jealous, thanks Tiffany.:heehee:

Relax, some people won't notice, others glace, others do double take and then some just out right stare. As long as you look well put together they don't matter. Remember, these people are making judgement calls about you when they don't even know you! I wouldn't say that speaks much about their character.

I know I've had people stare or take second glaces and all I could think is, please please stop staring at me. Only to have them compliment me. One time an SA who took a couple of second glaces told me my hair was sooo... beautiful. So you never know what they are thinking.

Littlej10
11-09-2007, 06:18 AM
I find that dressing appropriately for my age (65 but I think I look younger especilly when dressed) and nothing too glamorous reduces the ammount of notice people take. I think that we "girls" tend to dress with better than average care and style so people will look and, hopefully, admire.

Ashley Lyn
11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I've decided to 'dress down' for any future trips to the mall! As much as I enjoy wearing mini skirts, lace top thigh highs and high heels, my 'trips out' will feature knee length skirts, knee high boots (really skinny legs) and an appropriate top! :D I would love to be able to look great AND stand out, but I want to keep my drab persona for the public!:(

Guess you'd call it "still in the closet", as I like to go out dressed, but I don't want to be 'outed'!:o

sissy_she_boy
11-09-2007, 12:29 PM

I know what you mean sis. I never walk the malls where I live. But one time I did walk the mall in San Francisco. I did get a lot of stares from both men and women. But since it was in SF I didn't feel too uncomfortable about it. There are a lot of T-girls, TV's and CD's that go shopping there so I figured people there were used to seeing that LOL. I even ran into a CD there at the mall. We smiled at each other and said hello. She was one of only two people that I said anything to while I was there. The only other person I talked to was the girl that worked at Victoria's Secret when I was buying a few things.

kisses
sissy dana

JennyCD4U
11-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Hmmm, I want to walk around the malls, but I need to be more passable.

Plus, I kinda have a deep voice that I need to work on lol.

Chari
11-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Walking in a mall or anywhere "dressed" takes alot of courage and confidence. Some people notice the smallest detail, while others are obivious to the sky falling. :heehee: As long as you are comfortable with what you're wearing and who you are, you should always give a smile to anyone that stares your way! They don't know you and you will probably never see them again, so enjoy your adventure and the looks! :2c:

Chari

Dawn Marie
11-13-2007, 01:10 AM
I love to mall walk. It gives me the opportunity to see what all the GG's are
wearing, and I like to show off myself.:devil: OK, the best advice I could give is to try blend in. Dress like you do this every day, unless you want to stand out; then by all means do it in moderation.
By the way, I'm new to the sit, just found it the other day and joined. I love the whole forum idea. It great to know I'm not alone.

Dawn Marie

P.S. Tiffany, if people are staring at you, then you can bet they are just thinking, Look at that beautiful girl and nothing more. Well maybe.