PDA

View Full Version : New to Xdressing

kutenkinky8_24
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
So I have very sexy 6" heels and really sexy sheer stockings but where do I go from here! Mark from NYC

Kris
11-09-2007, 10:03 AM
So I have very sexy 6" heels and really sexy sheer stockings but where do I go from here! Mark from NYC

Go shopping~! Get the rest of the outfit..... and get make up too!!

kutenkinky8_24
11-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Yo make it sound so easy but I do not know where I can buy dresses in my size.

Kate Simmons
11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
What you choose to do is only limited by your own imagination my friend.:happy:

Kris
11-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Yo make it sound so easy but I do not know where I can buy dresses in my size.

Honey.. I'm sorry ...

Are you full of self confidence? Walk into a store and pick something out that you like and try it on! How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Maybe we can get something close here...

I know the ladies have said that Fashion Bug is a good place to go, and I know Nordstoms is ....... Are either one of those stores close to you?

:hugs: Kris

Mayliis
11-09-2007, 10:17 AM
welcome Dear

Chari
11-09-2007, 11:03 AM
You have to start with the basics, such as panties, bras, a cute dress, and a skirt and top! Get your measurements and maybe barrow some items from a female you know (approximately your height-weight would be good) just to get a general size - too big, too small, too short, etc. just like you did when you got your stockings and shoes! This will give you a general area for sizes that may fit you. Thrift stores are usually friendly and helpful with a big selection of styles, sizes, and at a low price. Keep in touch with this forum if you need more advice and help.

Chari

Jilmac
11-09-2007, 03:13 PM
a good place to start is the jc penney catalog. there is a section (near the order form) which is dedicated to womens sizes in everything from panties and lingerie to dresses, skirts, and tops. if you take the time to measure yourself, that will give you some idea of what to look for. after you get a rough idea of what sizes might fit you, start off by going to a goodwill, or salvation army store (or any other resale or thrift store). most of those places have unisex dressing rooms (some are even lockable) where you can try on the items you choose. once you figure out the right sizes, and know what fits you best, you'll be able to shop at department stores, or specialty boutiques with confidence and ease. i never had a forum like this to aquire information, so everything i learned about dressing was by trial and error. one more tip, different clothing manufacturers use different sizing standards, so if you figure out that you're a 12 for example, not all 12's will fit you. i found out the hard way that there are petites, misses, and women's sizes. a misses 12 is the largest in that size catagory, and a women's 12 is the smallest in that one. even though they're both 12, they're not interchangeable. those are just some of the pitfalls you might encounter as a new dresser. i wish you a lot of luck shopping and hope you can transform yourself into the girl of your dreams...luv and hugs, Jill

Marissa^^
11-09-2007, 04:09 PM
I think a fairly non-threatening place to start would be K-mart. I like the Jacklyn Smith line that they carry and if you feel uncomfortable you can always wander over to the automotive department. Their lingerie is OK but going to J.C. Penny for them is better for me. Much more selection. Good luck and just remember....no one really cares that you are shopping for women's clothes. It is all in your head so it is all in your control. Just change your mindset and you will be comfortable. Sometimes much easier said than done however.

MJ
11-09-2007, 04:21 PM

six inch heels what look are you going for :eek:..
but it would help if you could give us some more information like your height chest measurement waste and hips what is your shoe size in mens ..
then we can help you better

Jordan
11-09-2007, 05:11 PM
it all depends on how far you want to go with it are you just happy with what you own right now?:hugs:
Jordan

Karren H
11-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Go shopping~! Get the rest of the outfit..... and get make up too!!

Yeah what she said plus some hair!!!

Stephanie Anne
11-10-2007, 03:27 AM
6 inch heels? Next step would be face flat on the floor if it were me!

Sorry could not resist :p

noname
11-10-2007, 04:31 AM
Let me make this easy for you, since your just beginning.

1: Ditch the 6 inch heels. If you must wear womens shoes get flats or loafers.

2: Ditch the hose. Go buy a pair of womens jeans in boot cut or skinny leg, whatever you like.

3: Wear a guy shirt, or go buy a neutral shirt. Heck I have a guys hot pink and black stripped shirt everyone thinks is womens.

4: Makeup, remember less is more. Unless your going clubbing you don't need heavy makeup. This holds true for most GG's. Pick up some foundation, concealer, and mascara. Foundation to even skin tone, don't over use it. Concealer to reduce dark under eye circles. Mascara, just a coat or two. Don't be tammy fae baker. For best results just go to a MAC store and ask for help with concealer and foundation. MAC will treat you like any other customer.

I say this because really, it's the truth. Too many guys go for broke if you will when they first go out. It leads to stares and giggles, which only reduces confidence. I've worn leggings with a denim skirt successfully, but then I don't care what people think. No one has said crap to me. So, if you got the confidence for 6 inch heels, go for it.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but really, nothing sucks like coming home feeling like crap cause strangers laughing or stare at you.