PDA

View Full Version : First makeover, first time out, outed myself to my boss.

Denise Barrett
11-09-2007, 10:04 PM
This is one exciting, and scarey, weekend for me. Never posted anything of my own, just welcomes & comments on others. But this is too great not to share.

In preparation for getting my first makeover, in order to go out (also a first) to a very environmently friendly club (nothing really brave here), I've been such a wreck that my boss noticed. Took an improtu 2 day vacation but need to go to the office because I've never found a need for the internet, until now. I've started having this need to tell him; don't know why. At the office I couldn't face him without almost (more the almost) crying. He really is concerned about me and wanted to talk; great opportunity right? Told him I couldn't talk at the moment.

Decided to do it in a round about way. His wifes brother just died so I sent a bueatiful orchid of condolence with a quote I have told my boss that same day and signed the card Denise Barrett. His wifes going to wonder who the hell I am (hope I don't get him in any trouble) be he's smart enough to figure it out.

Monday should be a very interesting day. An so is tomorrow.

I can't tell you how much you all mean to me (keyboard getting wet). Still not sure why I needed to hint of Denise's existance to my boss. It's only us two at the office. Nothing much will change. But thanks for the courage. It must have come from you ladies because I've never had that kind of courage before.

I'll post pictures of my makeover and tell you about my weekend later.

Thank you all (still crying) and I'll love you forever.:love::love:

Densie Barrett

KarenMichelleLuv
11-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Denise,

Such a brave girl. I'm thinking warm thoughts in regards to your endeavor.

:love:

TxKimberly
11-09-2007, 10:13 PM
This is one exciting, and scarey, weekend for me. Never posted anything of my own, just welcomes & comments on others. But this is too great not to share.

In preparation for getting my first makeover, in order to go out (also a first) to a very environmently friendly club (nothing really brave here), I've been such a wreck that my boss noticed. Took an improtu 2 day vacation but need to go to the office because I've never found a need for the internet, until now. I've started having this need to tell him; don't know why. At the office I couldn't face him without almost (more the almost) crying. He really is concerned about me and wanted to talk; great opportunity right? Told him I couldn't talk at the moment.

Decided to do it in a round about way. His wifes brother just died so I sent a bueatiful orchid of condolence with a quote I have told my boss that same day and signed the card Denise Barrett. His wifes going to wonder who the hell I am (hope I don't get him in any trouble) be he's smart enough to figure it out.

I can't tell you how much you all mean to me (keyboard getting wet). Still not sure why I needed to hint of Denise's existance to my boss. It's only us two at the office. Nothing much will change. But thanks for the courage. It must have come from you ladies because I've never had that kind of courage before.

Densie Barrett

I went through a period several years ago where I felt the same urge. Just felt I was sick of hiding and felt the need to tell some folks I worked with. The vast majority were positive and with no regrets, but sooner or later you run into the one that does not accept it. Use your best judgment and be careful who you share it with. Someday when things have calmed down, you don't want to look back with regret that you wished you had not told anyone.

MJ
11-09-2007, 10:27 PM
there is nothing wrong with how you feel right now IT'S OK so please remember to just relax as much as you can . enjoy your make over that is the most important part then you get to enjoy your outing please remember we all were scared or terrified our first time out but again deep breath and slowly exhale you will have fun i am sure .. now about your boss stay cool and answer his questions

Denise just have fun don't forget the camera

"Mary"
11-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Hang in ther DB. I'm afraid you're going tobe so anxious about all this that you won't have any fun. Wouldn't that be a shame. So, calm down and enjoy.

Do you drink? If, not this might be a good time to start :happy:

Best wishes.

Diana

Denise Barrett
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I guess I was lucky, at least for now, my boss and his wife didn’t get it. He did ask me if the orchid was sent by me, but thought my use of the name Denise Barrett was my sense of humor. Which with me, it could have been. So I went with that. They may think it over, especially his wife, and come to the proper conclusion, but until then, they don’t know. Then again, my boss may be more clever and understanding then I thought. Time will tell.

Use your best judgment and be careful who you share it with. Someday when things have calmed down, you don't want to look back with regret that you wished you had not told anyone.

You see, Kimberly, was so right, you never make such an important decision when you're emotionally distraught; or as some have done, had too much to drink. Even though it may work out, it is a bad decision.

Now for the apology.

With some afterthought, I realized my thread reflected a lot of weakness; an excursion of self-indulged, self-pity. I would like to blame my emotional distress, but I can’t. What I realized was that throughout history, femininity as been linked to weakness, but there is no such link. There are masculine people who are sometimes weak as well as the feminine. The problem is that there are many people who view this site. Some for sexual pleasures, some as voyeurs into our lifestyle, but some who truly want to learn about us. In that sense, my momentary weakness did a great disservice to you all, and for that, I truly apologize.

Hope to do better in the future.

With respect, and love for you all.

Denise

Nicole Erin
11-13-2007, 06:14 PM
hmmm...

I told my immediate boss about my dressing, but she is bi and is "in the community" so to speak. She kinda initiated the chat ["did you see myspace, what did you think about..."] We talked about things a bit but it is not really an issue.

My immediate boss is not real high on the ladder or anything.

How do you think your boss will react? Is he kind of in the community himself?

Brianna Lovely
11-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Having feelings and emotions, is not a weakness. Bemg able to share them, with others, takes more strength than many people can muster.

Sometimes we do take a bigger step in life than we expected, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

susie evans
11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
denise
if i were your boss i would give you a big hug and say thanks for the kind thoughts

:love:...susie

Renica
11-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Good luck with that sweetheart.

flatlander_48
11-13-2007, 08:25 PM

Densie Barrett

In short form, sometimes we just get tired of carrying that sack around. Sometimes it gets to be too much and something has to change...

Alice B
11-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Just based upon what you have said and told us I think you have grown a great deal in short order. Enjoy and be free with who you are, but be a bit careful about who you tell until you are fully at ease with yourself.:hugs: