PDA

View Full Version : First time out!! and Questions..

StayceeCD
11-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Wow! this is something I've been wanting to do for years! I can't believe I did it! I got an e-mail from the FemmeFever group saying there was a Helen Boyd book signing at a club in LI.. Being originally from LI I thought OK, theres a safety factor.. I know LI.. Also being a Helen Boyd book event being presented by Karen of FemmeFever who has a great reputation, I thought .. If I'm gonna do this, the opportunities don't get much better! Well, off I went 100 miles plus to LI. Checked into the hotel, showered, shaved, got dressed (which took forever as I couldn't decide what to wear! and BTW. I was the best "tuck" I ever did! ) then arrived 1 1/2 hrs late :sad:. Missed the book reading but did get to meet Helen & Betty! :D They were soo sweet! I told Helen it was my first time out and she congratulated me and wanted to buy me a drink! I got her new book "She's not the man I married" and she signed it for me..
Aside from that, let me get back to just leaving the hotel!! OMG!! Took a deep breath and said to myself "this is it!"!!.. Of course got lost on the way to the club, and had to call! :heehee: When I finally arrived and get the nerve to actually get out of the car, I went in and immediately felt all eyes on me.. But not in a bad way.. Right away a girl came up to me and gave me compliments which made me feel good. She then asked me if I was into CD's, guys, girls... I said I was married and women only (meaning one woman).. She sat back down right away.. I then walked up to the bar and met 2 really sweet girls who started talking to me right away and made me feel at home and very welcome.. So unlike going out in guy mode!!! I was amazed at the cross-section of people I met.. Everything from gorgeous girls that anyone would mistake for a GG, to guys in a dress, to guys that looked femme but talked like a truck driver to totally passable.. I met a few girls that are married like me and have accepting SO's.. One of them gave me her contact info and said that my wife & I should come and hang out with them cuz it might help my wife out to meet another SO who has been through it.. It was a real learning experience Well, I made a bunch of friends that I hope to keep in touch with and see again in the future.. . I wish I had pics.. BOTH my digital cameras broke and since I was running late, I didn't have time to buy a disposable camera!! :thumbsdnThe only real negative of it was I had to hide it from my wife.. This is the first "secret"I've kept from her since she found out about my CD'ing and I know that secrets are not going to help our relationship.. But I HAD to go to this event or I'm convinced I never would have gone out dressed.: Anyway, how to get my wife to meet this couple??? Hmmmm Suggestions??

Gisele
11-10-2007, 06:43 AM
I am so happy for you! It is the best feeling to come home knowing you made your mark on the world for the day.

I bet you were one of the best looking girls at the bar. You look so beautiful in your avatar!

Congrats and hope you have many more happy nights out.

Beth

JoanFlores
11-10-2007, 06:46 AM
How very happy that you had a good time, best wishes.