PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Observation

KarenEdwards
11-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Quite by accident, I ran across a web site (I don't know whether I am allowed to give its name) which allows people to locate folks with similar interests - everything from automobiles to politics to whatever- in their area. Out of curiosity, I searched through the many existing categories and found "crossdressing and transvestism." After entering my zip code, I discovered that 19 people within about 50 miles of me (some very local) had expressed an interest in meeting! Now, I live in a small town in S.C. and the total population covered in that 50 mile radius, including the larger cities within it, is probably less than 500,000.

I am not planning to actually meet these people because I know nothing about them other than their screen names, but I found it interesting that so many others are "out there" well within striking distance! It kinda proves again that we are not alone no matter where we live.

Deanna2
11-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Go on, live dangerously! Give us the web address.

Trish
11-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Yes, do give us the web address.

Genifer Teal
11-10-2007, 10:01 AM
The first person I chatted with on line - ever, lived less than a mile away from me. We still send emails from time to time but never met up. She doesn't go out much. Talk about a small world.

Another story - I belonged to an organization which is mostly masculine. Someone there came out and transitioned. I don't plan to go that far but 2 in the same manly organization? One is rare enough. You just never know.

Gen

Karren H
11-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Were every where.. Where every where.. Shamlesley stolen from Chicken Man... :D.

Amy Lynn3
11-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey Karen.....Ray Stevens says the Streaker is every where too. Santa Clause is watching us too. Hope he brings us all something nice to wear!

KarenEdwards
11-10-2007, 01:40 PM
OK, by popular demand (about 5 inquiries), I will divulge the name of the website I mentioned. I bet it gets deleted, though! It's www.meetup.com. The easiest way to access an area of interest once the page comes up is to simply type it into the query box, enter your city and/or zip and hit go. If I am violating any rules by giving it out, I apologize in advance! I was given the link in a message sent by Mike Huckabee's presidential campaign in which they wanted me to attend and/or start a local campaign support group meeting. I'm sure Mr. Huckabee, a Baptist minister, would be mortified to learn that I used the link to check out the existence of other cd'ers in my area, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

Again, I would be careful before actually meeting any of the people whose screen names appear because, really, you know nothing about them or their motives. I'm sure most would be genuine, but you never know!

sissystephanie
11-10-2007, 01:56 PM
I have known about this site for some time. I tried to set up a meeting of local CD's at a restaurant that is CD friendly. There is about 30 or 40 CD's in the area of Georgia where I live. They all indicated an interest when I emailed them, but no one showed up for the meeting. Maybe I will try again. I have met with a couple of other CD's, but just one on one and in drab! It is fun to meet and talk to people with similar interests.

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

trannie T
11-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Them durn crossdressing transvestites, they is everywhere!

Julogden
11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi Karen,

Yep, there are a LOT of us around. I'd be willing to bet that those 19 that you found are just the tip of the iceberg.

I've seen an estimate of our numbers as being anywhere from 5-10% of the general population, so that's quite a few people. If your area has 500,000 people, divide that in half to roughly get the male population, and you come up with 12,500 CD's, even if you go with the lower 5% figure.

We are everywhere!

Carol

docrobbysherry
11-10-2007, 07:44 PM
I live in SoCal. There seem to be several larger groups, as well as a number of individuals, within 50 miles. Especially in LA. However, most groups r listed as: CD, TG, TF, etc. etc. friendly. A little much for a simple hobby CD like me. However, it's nice to know they r there.
RS

www.myspace.com/robbysherry

tinadcd
11-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Were every where.. Where every where.. Shamlesley stolen from Chicken Man... :D.

I wasn't sure anyone but me remembered "Chicken Man"! :lol: